Saber, and saber fencing thread

Sabers, saber fencing, sharpening, storage.
>Why (((they))) killed Laszlo Borsody in 1939 en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/László_Borsody,
and other interesting questions in this time's
SABER THREAD
Feel free to swing by.

Attached: Szabla-Cold-Steel-Polish-Sabre-88RPS.jpg (1024x800, 36.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

szablapolska.com/
nord-crown.com/
kultofathena.com/
sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/
m.facebook.com/tylkoszable/
youtube.com/watch?v=2b2KuHO-05o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Potop scene.
Btw Skallagrim is a faggot

Let's see what you're made of, Pole. Which model is the best one?
French 1822 Light Cavalry
Imperial Russian Shashka
British Pattern 1796
Princess of Wales Dragoon Sabre 1794
Grenadiers a Pied - Garde Imperiale

Or are you gonna say something akin to "Szabla Polska!!"
szablapolska.com/
Nord Crown seems really good, by the way.
nord-crown.com/

Attached: Imperial Shashka.jpg (709x709 81.29 KB, 40.31K)

Is the wiki story about Borsody being a kike and killing himself to escape muh ebil nahzees true?
realquestions.jpg
I also found the romantic scenes too long, With Fire and Sword is kino though.

Those sabers polish officers get, are they any good, got an opportunity to get one. Get myself something that isn't a shaska to play with.

inb4 nasushit

Medium to high curvature is king (easier parries and feint thrusts), and also handguard has to have the holy cross. I am not a big fan of a thumbhole (especially on a Cold Steel saber where it exposes the thumb to the blade you parry to the left) but it does indeed help with grip on heavy sabers a lot. I am a big guy, so I appreciate it. So, I go with Polish.

Fashtag notallkikes, and also why the fuck a literal fencing GOD would be so much of a pussy that he will kill himself in a fucking 1939 of all times. He was (((killed))) for sure.

Yeah, sounds fishy, especially how the Horthy-government didn't bullied jews to the extent Germany did. Sure some anti-semite laws were passed, but the kikes didn't get the train ride until the government tried to switch sides to the soviets but failed (1944).
I know, but still…

Why would Jews want to kill some fencing master? It may be that killed himself for some other reason and some Jew made up a story about his suicide.

See: According to the laws of the time he wasn't even a jew, because he converted to christianity. I suspect he killed himself for personal reasons, but jews are using his death as yet an other excuse to kvetch. Just like how they do it with Teleki.

Attached: sanae_kvetching.png (550x550, 147.13K)

Just to kind of hold off the derailment, feedback on Cold Steel saber so far:

Bro, do not buy ColdSteel crap.
If wanna buy it that much, but doesn't want to expend the money they're worth (such as in Szabla Polska and Nord Crown, or with a dedicated Blacksmith), then at least research more here:
kultofathena.com/
sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/

Replicas are often hit-or-miss, so read the reviews.

Any reasoning besides "just don't"? I can still refund no questions asked.
I have found one guy where I can pay marginally more (100 to 150 bucks more) expensive, supposedly handmade saber - m.facebook.com/tylkoszable/ - maybe will look into this one.

Their swords are heavier than the originals. They don't make good fullers or distal tapers, they have the audacity of making plastic handles/guards for some swords and the point of balance is completely off.
Off course, it varies. People say good things about their 1796, but I don't remember hearing anything good about their other swords.
Again, check the Sword Buyers Guide forum for reviews on replicas, not only ColdSteel's.
You might want to study Sabres better, there's one for every purpose, with different weights (from 650g to 1.5kg), points of balance and curvatures, depending on the need (infantry, light cavalry, heavy cavalry, dueling, etc)

Also, you might like video related. Watch lots of videos to help you choose which type of Sabre would you prefer.

I got a Cold Steel $30 Sabre/Machete.

Seems heavy and unbalanced and would be very clumsy to do any sword fighting, or garden work, with, and I'm a 6' 1" 275lb carpenter. Maybe I'll grind it down some. Not very sharp, either. Harbor Freight $4 machete with saw back much more handy.

I just got a Cold Steel gladius. Also $30. Same issue with balance, but for $30, you can't beat it. Mine was sharp out of the box. Guess I was lucky. I wanted something that I could wield in close quarters, in home. The meme katana is way too big to swing around inside your home. I had once considered something like a navy style cutlass, but chose to go with the gladius instead.

Guess I have to make my own by photo reference or buy a shamshir.

Attached: 1454137564138.gif (498x373, 990.02K)

All I have is this handmade decorative saber. It could serve as a deterrent or a melee weapon against possible gipsy invasion on your property, but it would probably just break when dueling against someone with a real saber/sword.

Attached: szablya.jpg (4160x2336, 2.31M)

Don't you need a scutum to defend yourself, block the enemies movement snd stab from behind if you chose a gladius to defend your home? I mean gladius is a short sword that legionaries were trained to stab with for most of the time, if your opponent has a longer weapon and you are an untrained sword wielder with no shield you are pretty much fucked, right?

Attached: scutum.jpg (425x425, 25.29K)

I'll retreat to my bathroom for my defensive fighting position. Good luck trying to wield your spear or odachi in my tiny bathroom. :^)

Jokes aside. Cold Steel does make a buckler. I suppose that's an option.

youtube.com/watch?v=2b2KuHO-05o

Attached: small-bathroom.jpg (650x450, 56.77K)

Perfect home defense. Maybe train the rest of the family up as slingers for skirmisher backup in case you need to relocate.

grab a wide brim hardhat's inner straps for about same thing.

I want to have a saber for endurance training (basically just parries, cuts and moulinets into thin air for the purpose of conditioning my hand to the saber) that I can put to use if need to, and it also has to look nice. There are mainly 2 subtypes of Polish sabers that interest me - officer's one and cavalry one. Officer's is light and easy to handle, but also lacking DOOM GUY EDGE that I look for (YOU'RE BIG, THIS MEANS YOU HAVE BIG GUTS). Cavalry one is usually heavy (kilo+) and may or may not have a thumbhole for better control. It lacks speed, but in contact it also lacks power to sweep the opponent's saber aside. And of course there's always a stereotype that "Bigger and/or heavier is better".

Maybe it's a good idea to start light, maybe 800g saber, closer to my training one in weight. 1.15 kg is more than 30 percent heavier, and, while balanced, it's incredibly hard to control, and I'm always afraid I will cut myself with it once I lose grip for a second.

I bought a Cold Steel machete years ago and, while it was sharp out of the box, the blade was in poor condition. It had notches all over it. Were either of your machetes like that or did I just have bad luck?

If it's endurance training you're after, heavier is probably better.
As for actual use: There's a reason it's called a cavalry saber. The swing is supposed to have 1 horsepower behind it alternatively, you're probably able to swing it from a motorcycle too.
Wouldn't recommend for use as infantry, unless you're only aiming at targeting unarmed/unskilled opponents.

swords are over glorified peasant slayers. they don't work well against decent armor.

Silkfencing has some pretty good synthetic and steel polish sabres.

I have a 1902 Army Officer's sword- does that count?
The fucker's old, probably first/second world war old, and while the sheath is nasty the blade is in really good condition. Should I sharpen it or no?

Don't touch the blade. You'll ruin it.

So? There's a lot of peasants around. Besides, people in armor shouldn't be fighting each other. Or killing each other, if fighting.

Training my family to fight in a manipal and using the neighbors as auxiliaries

That's quiet the big family you got there…

Are you guys afraid of sex and taking the babies of your slain and conquered enemies to raise as your own?

That’s like saying guns are overglorified because they can’t pierce tank armor.

Cuck. You're supposed to kill their kids and rape their women to make your own kids

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (510x448, 352.24K)

Attached: PN0jlXK.png (585x560, 201.91K)

That's the reason I am doubting big guy sabers. I am conditioned well right now to 470gr training saber, so I want to make a next logical step which is an infantry (or officer's in this case) saber. Cavalry one has another specific flaw (also present in Cold Steel saber) - you can't train ambidextrously with it, unless you have a master plan on crashing the plane and rising the fire, or it lacks the thumbhole, which makes it worse in my opinion, a proper thumbhole alleviates some of the downsides of using a heavy saber.
I am by no means left handed, but I don't want to skip on developing brain cells for the purpose of only sticking to one hand for fighting.

Swords were just sidearms in late medieval European warfare anyway.

Sabers are for unarmored targets, nobody claimed that you will go into war with only a saber.
You use a saber as a civi, where you will meet targets who won't wear armor and most likely come across another sword wielder.
To go against somebody in plate armor, just wearing civi clothing and wielding a saber, is pretty much suicide.
Or you own a horse.

Swords are a bit different from sabers. Sabers are designed to chop less and to cut more. To incorporate cuts into chops, the blade was curved. You cannot cut an armored target (but frankly you can't chop it either, but at least energy transfer is slightly more efficient), you are supposed to pierce it if it's soft, or to crush it if it's hard, or otherwise unpierceable (like ring mail or similar). Sabers fulfill their purpose of being weapons for an unarmored or lightly armored confrontation. Maybe a well sharpened saber pierces some pistol soft body armor insert, but that's it, you are not supposed to use a weapon for something it's not designed to be used for, and expect it to be effective.
However, given all that, chances that you will ever encounter an armornigger in the streets, provided you are given a chance to use the saber, and are not immediately shot, are next to nonexistent, and modern day armored clothing is not designed to be used against sabers, so with enough skill you can bypass it with a semi-precise thrust or slash in an unprotected area.

Wewps, wanted to quote instead.

No worries fren.

Attached: webm (1).mp4 (480x480, 3.83M)

Are you a muslim?

A shining cuck, even in victory

You take the female kids and if you want you could "sire" some male ones.

nah just cant spell
i did however just move to the north island(where it is hot) from the south(where it is not hot) and there are alot of muslims up here

Is part of that due to the north being more heavily urbanised?

That's how you get mutts.

Isn’t that what the Romans did? In Greek mythology guys take random kids as their own all the time, I figured it was common back then, I’m certainly not talking about now.

Yea it is but nothing keeps brown people away like the cold. Sweden being the exception due to offering local woman to keep them warm

Are you talking about slaves?

It regularly gets -30 C in my area and sometimes down to -45 with the windchill. Not only have a few nog families moved in since I was young, but several spic, and gook ones too. The nearest big city is flooded with Indians, flips, chinks, and to a lesser extent niggers. I used to work with two Ethiopians and a bunch of flips and they had acclimatized by the time I started working there and even complained about the heat when it went from -35° up to -5° as I and other huwhites often do. I don’t think cold is too effective of a barrier, for brown.

No, I thought that in Anciet Rome people often raised random orphaned kids or took the babies of people’s they conquered to raise as their own. I don’t know where I got that idea or if I read it somewhere but I thought that was fairly common back then.

Nothing muscle driven works well against decent armor.

One caveat I would add is I highly suggest their caperka. I enjoy it so much I already bought a second as a gift. It works very well as a hatchet, shovel, and the front edges can be used as a knife. Handle and balance feel good, as well.

Attached: Cold-Steel-Special-Forces-Shovel-with-cover-4-shovel-back-e1519144391473.jpg (650x488, 88.53K)

They indoctrinated child heirs of the local nobility to be good goys.
Took after Alexander's policy to let the old bureaucracy allow to exist.
Problem is that there is a difference between hereditary and other forms of appointment.
Would've been better off completely wiping out the conquered nobility from the beginning.
Teutoburg may have been avoided.

nothing like a over the top hammer to crush your enemies bones and tear his muscles apart. i suppose a real man would just beat his enemy to death with his giant dick tho… lol.

Attached: hammerswing.jpg (1000x736, 119.82K)

Das gay

i didn't say fuck him to death you homophobe.

HA homo

Attached: g4r3tfwefvg e2ev.PNG (720x595, 755.02K)

Ah thanks, I need to read more about pre-Renaissance history.
Arminius did nothing wrong.

Degenerate, tbh.

I miss potato mashers. Would the extra throwing leverage be worth the extra weight/volume in the year of current +4, with all the other shit soldiers already need to carry?

Attached: E10E345F-2DF0-48C6-AD71-B58D32E54DD9.jpeg (611x404, 97.59K)

Doesn't have to be a wooden pole. You can do it with cardboard or retard lightweight polymers.
t.ordinance guy

It's like you streloks don't want to revive the historical role of the grenadier.

Attached: A CUTE.jpg (259x194, 6.45K)

What are you gay? But would the throwing distance be worthwhile? Rifle grenades are pretty much dead but I suppose grenade launchers handle pretty much any longer distance booming you need done so an extra ~10% (pulling this number out of my ass) distance probably isn’t really worth the extra material nor would the extra material becoming fragments really make a difference either I think.

Isn’t that who grenade launchers are assigned to? Besides what’s the explosive yield ratio, and fragmentation range for one of those cute little things compared to a “normal” sized grenade?

At least from what niggerpedia had to say. Realistically speaking, the blast is going to be smaller, but if you have enough to frag every single room you enter, there's some value in the quantity you can carry alone.

Also, I meant 17th Century grenadiers. Polite sage for doublepost.

I prefer being able to throw my boomstick fuck far.

When you can toss something an extra 20 yards it certainly makes a difference.

Attached: waxed cardboard AH 1915.jpg (3455x2439, 3.81M)

You say that like it's nothing but a good pommel with make your head ring like a bell in your helm.

here user this is a saber sanmartiniano, when san martin (a military hero in argentina) found the elite corp of "mounted granadiers" for the independece war, he send to make this desing of saber and give tho his cvallery, well its look like a arabic one because when he fight in north africa for the spanish empire he take the desing of his enemies.(sorry for my bad english)

Attached: saan.jpg (1368x912, 125.83K)

Thanks, user, gave me 85 gram pack o keks.

very cool chori.

When you see this…

Attached: c95ad71081f4c237742a48aee28da02baa8a89d560ca323ef9961d016ac1f63d.png (1291x845, 718.22K)

Literal biological cuckoldry of the most voluntary type.

Attached: reed-warbler-and-cuckoo-andy-sands.jpg (466x260, 40.53K)

These mini-grenades have around 300 frags vs 1500 frags of M67. Area of sphere grows as squares of teh radius so its approximately 2.2 times difference with M67 radius. Same frag density M67 produces at 15 meters min-grande would make at 6.8 meters.

Also should be noted that M67 is very powerful frag grenade with fragmentation power of 85mm WWII artillery round, outdated grenades (liek Russian) are much much weaker.

Do you also carry a MILAN 3 for personal defence?
Super gay.

Attached: f4ce9796e6a8b5bccccaad451ac24aedf51a27493694467bfabf1cef4871d55e.png (528x404, 29.74K)

I have a practice saber, but no saber schools in my area.

Is there a difference between typical olympic saber fencing and Potop-tier Cossack saber fencing like in if one were to look for a club/school?

Olympic saber fencing uses basically lightweight toy, which doesn't translate to real techniques.

It's like kendo to kenjutsu.

So if I wanted to locate a real saber club/school, how would I differentiate between the two? Would they call themselves historical/HEMA/renaissance/etc or any other terms that would make identification easier?

Basically, if they use a foil to train, and never change to at least blunt steel sabers, it's useless.

For actual guilds, there are polish saber school and there is HEMA that teaches saber fighting.