Ron Unz: "Oddities" of the Jewish Religion

unz.com/runz/american-pravda-oddities-of-the-jewish-religion/

Much, much more at the article itself (including discussion of the blood "libel"). Written by Ron Unz, himself a lapsed agnostic Jew, drawing on the writings of Israel Shahak, Ariel Toaff, and others. Thoughts on this from Zig Forums's designated JIDF judeophile progressives? It seems we can't have any discussion without someone proclaiming the jews our brothers in faith, or even more disgustingly exclaiming "Jesus was a Jew!" Perhaps this discussion can finally put such absurd apologism to rest. Although tangentially related to politics I would urge the mods restraint in deleting or bumplocking this thread, as it has everything to to with religious comparison between Christianity and Talmudic Judaism, ecumenism, supersessionism, etc.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1171x882, 1.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

koshertorah.com/PDF/armilus.pdf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLTxlNY5otUE-iyOIv1IjIrZ2ZgEZJZmc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We are the real Jews, talmudists are heretics

Now that's Pharisaical.

Attached: 124354734627.png (250x238, 79.49K)

Ex-Jew here, studied at an Orthodox Yeshiva

This is true. Almost all time in Orthodox institutions ia dedicated to study Talmud and halacha (legal codes), with some lite-kabalah lectures to spice things up, and maybe some mussar ("ethics").

I've never heard of anything like this.

Never heard of anything like this either. Satan isn't considered a significant figure in Judaism, he has a very minor and peripheral role. So, even if some Jews were set on worshipping angels or false Gods they probably wouldn't choose Satan, they'd worship Metatron or Enoch or something (which was an actual thing in late antiquity and Middle Ages).

>so long as the rituals are properly followed, the Satan-worshippers and the God-worshippers get along perfectly well and consider each other equally pious Jews, merely of a slightly different tradition.
Besides the Satan part, the idea expressed here is basically true. Judaism does not have Dogma like Christianity or Aqidah like Islam. Their beliefs are extremely fluid which is what allows them to blend in to different times and places, but the rigidity of their practice is what keeps them from being absorbed into the surrounding culture. If you point this out to Jews they'll start pontificating about the "13 principles pf Maimonides", but they justbgive it lip service, in reality they are not bound to believe anything contained in there, and in actual fact if you examine the beliefs of many mainstream contemporary Jews they contradict these principles.

As for everything about goyim being inferior etc, yeah such beliefs are fairly widespread.

What are you now, out of curiosity? Most ex-Jews I've met became some sort of Evangelical or Pentecostal, and some became Roman Catholic.

I gotta warn you, you probably won't like my answer.

I'm Muslim

Is that okay? I mean, most Arabs despise Jews. Don't your Muslim peers bother you?

Not at all. Muslims love converts, amd are very generous. And Arabs are a minority of Muslims, I hardly know any. Anyway, I don't want to distract from the thread topic. Any questions regarding my "insider's perspective" on Judaism?

No, it was interesting, thank you.
My family is Muslim and I don't know one person who doesn't despise Jews, even my secular parents do.

So you converted to Christianity? Which branch?

Eastern Orthodox.
Curious - which country are you in? I'm in France and every Muslim here is an Arab or a black African.

US, I've heard the US and European Muslim communities are quite different in a lot of ways.

You guys should check out KosherTorah.com if you want to get the real dirt. The rabbi who runs it is very open about all sorts of weird esoteric things, kabbalah, curses, angels, demons, aliens, Satan, views on Jesus, gentiles, Christians, the Jewish messiah, etc. It's very interesting and a bit scary.

Could you explain Metatron exactly? Isn't he supposed to be some kind of super Arch-Angel being similar to how Arius viewed Jesus in relation to God.

I don't know much about that subject. All I know is that Metatron played a big role in eary Jewish mysticism to the point where some sects actually worshipped him (it?). Some sort of super archangel, as you put it. Eventually, Metatron was phased out of Jewish mystical discourse, it's become kind of outmoded. Nowadays, Jewish mysticism is all about "Ein Soph Aur" and "Tzimtzum" and "Klipoth" etc.

Attached: 928891889.jpg (499x686, 127.39K)

Why in the world is the Talmud so ridiculously large? It has always seemed to me that modern Judaism has become a mystery religion and that the sheer size of its sources means that you'll forever be at the mercy of the rabbis if you're a layman.

Why would you choose Islam? I thought Jews were supposed to be really intelligent. Are you saying you'd rather follow a pedophile rather than the Lord Jesus Christ? You know Islam is just a mix of Judaism and Christianity with Arabian polytheism right? The Kaaba and the black rock are all holdovers from Arabian paganism, also the Muslims idea of jinn is also a hold over from Arabian polytheism. The Qur'an also has been shown to have directly plagiarized portion from Christian apocryphal works and the Talmud. See the video which explains this in further detail.

Attached: 5f9.jpg (1280x720, 65.98K)

I have responses to all of those criticisms/insinuations but this is not the thread for it, sorry. It will just end up being a huge argument.

It is an assemblage of debates and opinions on Jewish law (plus some stories and weird stuff thrown into the mix here and there) collected over a very long period of time. Eventually the Jews got tired of relying exclusively on this text, from which it is often very difficult to derive clear rulings, and so some of their foremost rabbis started making much more straightforward legal compilations (Maimonides was a pioneer of this, but he was very heavily opposed at the time) Nevertheless, and despite the existence of such legal compilations, to this day, they still mainly study Talmud in Yeshiva. Judaism and the Talmud are inseparable because the Talmud IS Judaism, even more so than the Torah.

Hey what do you know, the Book of Revelation is correct, they are truly the Synagogue of Satan. It really makes you think.

Attached: 8c4ea4e6db30c4e858e89b98792276bf0a53cc4029b40330396fa2a49630c560.jpg (500x582, 55.74K)

Modern Judaism has very little in common with Judaism as practiced in the first century. No sacrifices, no temple. Yet they have the cheek to pretend that they're the inheritors of the covenant with God and not Christians

Seriously man if you even have half a brain you'd known how bullshit Islam is though. I don't think you're a real Jew tbh.

Nah he is, they're all retarded

Exactly. I always felt that Christianity was in many ways much more similar to Biblical Judaism. Having attended Orthodox liturgies, it felt that this must have been something like that being in the Temple.

I mean, I've studied different branches of Christianity, attended Church, studied Hinduism, studied other religions. I feel like I made a fairly informed decision. Sorry to disappoint.
Well, I converted out of it so I'm sort of not (although they still consider me Jewish since Judaism does not recognize conversion to other faiths as legitimate).

Interesting article from the site:
koshertorah.com/PDF/armilus.pdf

The highlights:
-Jews consider Europeans to be Edomites (read the book of Obadiah to know what that means, hint: it's not good). This is the same thing the Black Hebrew Israelites claim about white people, or some Christian Identity people claim about Jews.
-Christianity is regarded as a 'spiritual Edom'
-There is prophesied in Judaism a great and wicked king of Edom/Europe coming who they call Armilus. This is their equivalent of the antichrist.
-Jews believe Jesus is a reincarnation of Esau, who was the father of Edom, and hence he is also the father of the European nations, and also the reincarnation of Cain. They believe he was a very wicked and violent man, the disciples were violent terrorist, etc.
-They say that regardless of whether he was physically Jewish, his soul was not Jewish, since he was the reincarnation of Esau. He essentially had a European's soul.
-There is a story in ancient Midrashic sources about a meeting place under Rome with a statue of a beautiful woman. Pagan priests would spill their seed in the statue and it would become pregnant and bring forth a child. This is Armilus.
-This story is said to be a coded reference to Jesus, the city being Rome, the statue being Mary. So this end time antichrist figure Armilus who the Jews prophesy of will be a reincarnation of Jesus, who is a reincarnation of Edom and Cain.

This is just one article, there is more shocking beliefs unveiled in the dozens of other PDFs on the site. I highly recommend you read it and maybe download or archive the articles before this goes down the memory hole.

OUR LORD IS JEWISH

HATRED OF THE JEWS IS HATRED OF CHRIST
HATRED IS NOT WELCOME

GO AND FLY WITH YOUR OWL BROTHERS HOOT

Now that's winnie the poohed up.

Why don't you say your catchphrase anymore Owl bro

ASHES AND ECHOES

But not yiddish.

YES YIDDISH

JESUS WAS JEWISH

POL IS THE ANTICHRIST THAT BELEIVES THAT THEY ARE THE TRUE GODS BECAUSE THEY HAVE WHITE (CURSED LIKE LUCIFER THE LIGHT BRINGER AKA THE WHITE BRINGER) FLESH

JESUS WAS JEWISH

BOW

MODS!

I was watching this video of an Israeli Jew who said that Jews don't believe that Satan is evil but that he was created by God for the purpose of testing people and is just following God's directions when he causes bad things to happen. Is this a common view among Jews or was this guy on the fringes?

Who are you addressing this too? The Unz guy linked in the OP is Jewish or part Jewish himself considering he references himself going to synagogue as a kid and his Jewish grandmother. And the author of the book he read that redpilled him was Israel Shahak, who again, is Jewish. And an user in this thread who offered to tell us what he knows about Judaism is an (ethnic) Jew. And the website KosherTorah.com that I linked is by a Jewish rabbi. So all this thread is is the opinions of Jews on Judaism. I'm not seeing anti-Semitism, in the sense of hating people for their ethnicity. We are talking about the modern Jewish religion, which is way different from anything Jesus supported.

An image board is the anti-christ lol

AND THEY WILL WEAR IT ON THEIR HAND AND THEIR HEAD

POL WEAR IT IN THEIR HEAD WITH HATRED AND THEIR HAND WITH THEIR TYPING

THE YAARE THE ANTI CHRIST AND THE COURT OF OWLS THAT IS PROPHECISED, SEEK THE TRUTH AND YOU WILL SEE

Bohemian Grovers meet every summer in the giant Redwood forests near San Francisco, California. They conduct a Cremation of Care ceremony which allegorically washes them of worries and stress accumulated over the year.

Freemasons also consider the owl a symbol of reincarnation: since it is awake at night they consider it a symbol of the soul that has left a dead body and remains in the night, waiting to re-enter another body that is being conceived. For them the owl symbolizes metempsychosis, which is their theory of reincarnation of the souls.

Thus the old owl from our nursery tales acquires a more sinister aspect.

These are some of the reasons why I told my friend that most probably the owner of that pleasant Spanish-style house we visited was a Freemason.

YOU ARE OF THE COURT AND I KNOW OF YOUR LITTLE TALONS SCRITCHYING

Yes, it's a common view.

One thing I often here from people defending the Talmud is that much of it is just a collection of debates between rabbis and not explicit teachings that Jews are to follow(though what little of it I read seemed more like a collection of quotes.) Is this true?

We need to drop this "Biblical Judaism" meme.
It's more accurately to retroactively call it "Old Testament Christianity"

Judaism is a false religion that jews culturally appropriated.

BABOW
Wrooo-hooo-hooong there sweetheart. Judaism is the true faith in the sense that it is the most traditional. When's the last time any of your churches called out the wicked? Yeah didn't think so.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLTxlNY5otUE-iyOIv1IjIrZ2ZgEZJZmc

Fun fact: the deduction some people come to that Job did not simply befriend Edomites but was one of them did occur to the rabbis, who proceeded to insult and malign Job in their expanded universe of the scripture as being a cowardly and evil man who was partly responsible for the Egyptians slaughter of the Israelite children.

Just chastisement is not hatred.

The question you should be asking is if the average Jew follows the Talmud, knowingly, or unknowingly.