Good! Millennials Are Causing the US Divorce Rate to Plummet

Americans under the age of 45 have found a novel way to rebel against their elders: They’re staying married.

New data show younger couples are approaching relationships very differently from baby boomers, who married young, divorced, remarried and so on. Generation X and especially millennials are being pickier about who they marry, tying the knot at older ages when education, careers and finances are on track. The result is a U.S. divorce rate that dropped 18 percent from 2008 to 2016, according to an analysis by University of Maryland sociology professor Philip Cohen.

Demographers already knew the divorce rate was falling, even if the average American didn’t. Their question, however, was why? And what do current trends mean for the marital prospects of today’s newlyweds?

One theory is that divorce rates are falling largely because of other demographic changes—especially an aging population. Older people are less likely to get divorced, so maybe mellowing boomers were enough to explain the trend. Cohen’s analysis of U.S. Census Bureau survey data, however, suggests something more fundamental is at work. Even when he controls for factors such as age, the divorce rate over the same period still dropped 8 percent.

“The change among young people is particularly striking,” Susan Brown, a sociology professor at Bowling Green State University, said of Cohen’s results. “The characteristics of young married couples today signal a sustained decline [in divorce rates] in the coming years.”

Young people get the credit for fewer divorces because boomers have continued to divorce at unusually high rates, all the way into their 60s and 70s. From 1990 to 2015, according to Bowling Green’s National Center for Family and Marriage Research, the divorce rate doubled for people aged 55 to 64, and even tripled for Americans 65 and older. Cohen’s results suggest this trend, called “grey divorce,” may have leveled out in the past decade, but boomers are still divorcing at much higher rates than previous generations did at similar ages.

web.archive.org/web/20180925142644/https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/2018/09/25/millennials-are-causing-the-u-s-divorce-rate-to-plummet

Attached: Millennials Are Causing the US Divorce Rate to Plummet.jpg (477x245, 184.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/mR6SZ
archive.fo/w4sKr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Communist family courts and subversive anti-family kikery BTFO!

well, also marriage rate is record low, so I guess that those who tend to stay get married, and those who would divorce will not even try

True, but marriage has become a gateway abuse of the father anyway due to the corrupted often-femistic family court system. So many fathers who have been forced into divorcing have been screwed over having to pay for child support and rarely ever get to see their kids grow up. So its not a bad thing marriage is down… what should be done unconventional partnership without any contracts with the State… this would reduce their ability to break up families and stipulate regulations against parents. Remember the reason the State can intervene (and often does) is because you signed away your rights under contract under traditional marriage, they call it a prenuptial agreement. Prenuptial agreements are contracts with the State that say they can seize and divide assets if there happens to be a divorce.

this.

EVERY
fucking
time.

Meanwhile, during the flooding, drought rates reached a record low.
In other news, after the baker stopped baking bread, the amount of bread wasted each day dropped by an astonishing amount!!!!

You missed the point.

THIS.

bumping legit news

Not exactly that simple user. Many boomers, just like the younger generations don't like whats going on either. Its not about age group, its about how your brain functions.

Hmm, interesting…now let's bring up another interesting fact…

I don't think this news has quiet the positive effect on the future as it led to believe.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh… I almost forgot about the "same-sex marriage" issue… yahhhhhh, you could be right about that.

Please tell me they can't adopt, right? Or is it that bad today?

But fret not for the white race…they mostly adopt Black and Asian. All thanks to based Jewish propaganda.

Attached: Modern Family.jpg (1536x1172, 206.22K)

Crazy land we're living in today no doubt.

the spam is ruthless

such

another bump

LEGIT

GOOD

I'm glad the soy boys are raising their wife's kids, but this doesn't fix the fact that the marriage rate is still plummeting. All this means is less people are getting married and divorced, but marriage rates are at less than 48% for females over age 15 as of 2010 and I doubt the numbers have improved since then. Also a woman over 30 is genetically fucked. Really you shouldn't have your first child if the woman is over 25, but over 30 is asking for disaster.

Archive of Wayback Machine: archive.is/mR6SZ
archive.fo/w4sKr
GOOD! NOW MAYBE WOMEN CAN LEARN TO NOT BE VAPID CUNTS!

50 years for killing a dog? Something isn't adding up here. How fucked is the US justice system. Disappointed the women wasn't given the 50 year sentence for the false accusation

It must be terribly fucked because I can't imagine getting 50 years for killing a God damn dog. I speculate the feds hated him for some reason, they'll do that to their victims you know.

gf said today she wants a brown baby.

Just be very very careful if you ever get married, here is a tip: agree to live with one another for at least two years (preferably three or four years) BEFORE ever getting married. You will want to get to know each other better, learn what companionship is like, learn the personality of your partner. That way if you find out if she's batshit crazy, a slut or greedy before you make a bad decision. Get to know your partner FIRST! Live with them FISRT! Then you won't be rushing into anything and can see it it would work out.

Fixed.

Reminds me of this image.

Attached: 2030.jpg (900x600, 55.38K)

AMEN!

Lets pray that the future generations will awaken to the subversive stupidity that has culled the minds of so many today!

Well if it's yellow let it mellow, and if it's brown flush it down.

enjoy your frivorce. tell your wife's daughter I said hi, hope she doesn't falsely accuse you of molestation in 30 years, faggot.

Yeah but who raised us millenials to be this fucked?

LOL Tidepods

bump

If you are 25 or above and havent been to college yet, get into an apprenticeship program. Look them up in your area, there are many trades. Youll make enough money to have a home and support a family. Dont waste your life chasing dreams that may never be actualized. Be realistic, get a good career, maintain hobbies and encourage your kids to be good people, ready for the future. What im saying is that if you wasted your time for whatever reason you can still have a child and maybe someday have greatness come to your bloodline.
Its not a bad thing to be a nobody, youll still be important to your loved ones.

Because theyre all gay so they cant get as much from a divorce

You don't sound much different

That's actually a good idea user.

Earning success is not the same as leaching from someone else or being a lazy nigger. How do you figure working hard to earn something is bad as being a welfare queen?

You would be surpised at how many 20-somethings have little education and still live with their parents. In some places thats still the norm.

Me again. I've had this same conversation with my mom. Having children is her "greatest accomplishment." She wants me to have kids, and says that is the greatest thing I can achieve. And one day she would tell my kids the best they can do is have kids. Is that really all mankind was put on Earth for? To multiply like bacteria? Eventually someone in the bloodline has to say, "fuck having kids. I'm building rocketships."
And no, great men do NOT have families. Telsa was a bachelor. Beethoven, bachelor. Isaac Newton, bachelor. There are successful men with children, but they either found success before starting a family, or after a divorce.
Zuckerberg, Gates (yes kikes I am aware) etc all became big names BEFORE they got married, and then stagnated afterwards. Steve Jobs remained successful because he disowned his own daughter.
Wife+Kids=no time for greatness
It's fine if you are mediocre and reproduction is the pinnacle of your life, but to say all childfree men are failures is just retarded. All the best men in history had no kids and no wife. Once a great man gets married, he is no longer great.

Why would that surprise me?

Sad to break this to you, but even that will not protect you. In many cases, your dwelling with the person and having a child with them is enough in the eyes of the court to act as if you were married in the first place.

You misunderstood, friend. Modern Family showed the gay couple to be the worst parents of all three families they were showcasing. They were selfish, frequently forgot to look after their daughter, and used her as a dog or doll to dress up and take photos of.
If anything, the propaganda worked the other way.

No one put you here. You appeared here through millions of years of breeding, so technically your mom and dad and all your ancestors put you here. If you want to put stock in what your creators want for you, have kids like your mom said.
Yeah, strive for greatness and innovation, but that's got nothing to do with breeding "like bacteria" (which, btw, breed entirely different than humans)

i don't.

no shit. i obviously wasn't talking about humans budding a clone asexually. the similarity is that bacteria reproduce for the sake of reproduction. there is no greater purpose. that is how my mom and Zig Forums see life. we are here to make white babies, who will make white babies, who will make white babies, etc. and it doesnt matter if we learn about the universe or create art or invent anything or explore space. just keep making copies of yourself so we can "live forever" through our descendents. it doesn't matter if none of your progeny do anything special, they just have to look like you. thats bacteria's gameplan.

As opposed to…?
Also, you're being presumptuous about what bacteria do and why. They've been shown to coordinate attacks with each other as a single organism to take down animals that are gargantuan to them. When their attack fails, they stay dormant and wait for the organism to grow weaker until they strike again. You're trying to rise above human fallacies and intuitive assumptions, but you're doing anything but that by assuming that bacteria reproduce for the sake of reproduction.
The "greatest purpose" of life is to stay alive now, and long-term. It is built in all your instincts down to the core of you. If you can accomplish staying alive long-term through any means other than reproducing, I'd like to see you try. Men have been dreaming of immortality forever.

Hitler, Tesla, Beethoven all died childless and their names will be known for thousands of years. My great grandfather had like 12 kids but I don't even know his first name.

lern 2 reed moran

Art is just shit put together. Any animal can smear their shit on a leaf and you wouldn't call it art. Some guy pissing on a cross in a baththub was also called art.

Tesla and Beethoven are forever gone in the world and their faux existence in it is at the mercy of people's memory. In this day and age when people are trying to throw basics of human reality, like the existence of and differences between genders, down the memory hole, do you honestly trust people to remember them and not reinvent history to wipe them or smear them for "being racist" or some shit?
As for Hitler, they've already done just that.

He was convicted for rape and attempted murder, I think. The dog being found alive was evidence that the "victim" story was bullshit (she told the police that the guy killed her dog, or something like that) and led to the police pressing the issue with her, and she admitted making the whole story.

Right. How can self expression and giving/receiving inspiration even come close to mindlessly feeding, breeding, and working to just maintain our existence like literally every other living organism amirite?
Since art can be anything then Zig Forums qualifies as being art, get off it immediately and go babysit your wife's kids. The little bulls ain't gonna raise themselves.

it's irrelevant because in zogmerica you have "common law marriage" anyway

Unlike what, Sweden with their sambo law?

never trust anyone who says you need to get married and have children. they are a jewish divorce lawyer.