This is hard

Hi, first of all i apologize to all the real believers for my disbelief throughout the years. I did a lot of things wrong to our god and i beat myself / cut myself etc because of it i'm seriously sorry. don't be too hard on me. also i post on reddit but this i feel i can't/ don't want to i dunno. so well… i'm from a catholic / polish family but really fell away from it for a long time… but i felt a really strong feeling to come back.

Well so much so that my family got me engaged (my family is pretty tradish, i'm nineteen, the guy is great but my issue)

okay okay
ah okay well so… i guess crap
right i was abused probably i guess and stuff i'm not a virgin i guess? i don't know and stuff from stuff when i was younger and stuff and i don't know. i can't say i totally hated all of it. my mind was really messed up i .. god please well i can't i dunno. i in good conscious say that it was not all my fault. i went for confession before but i feel really before i actually get married that i have to figure this out. i'm deathly afraid of saying any/all of this. lord have mercy on me.

i hope you can see why i can't really talk about this. please don't say (everyone has heard this before). i wish i could pm on here so i could explain more. i don't know what to do. okay, i keep forgetting know one knows who i am here. i'm sorry. please help me brothers/sisters. kyrie eleison?

Attached: catholic-girls.jpg (700x988, 93.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theholyrosary.org/
theholyrosary.org/rosarybenefits
8ch.net/christian/res/670387.html#670387
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my question is can i just wait about my past till afterwards? do i have say all about it before?

Say all of it before.

i'm worried it will ruin everything

If you mean to ask if you should confess before getting married, then yes. You should actually just confess as often as you can, especially when something is weighing on your conscience (which it very clearly is now). The priest is bound by the seal of Confession and isn't going to blab.

As to what you should tell your fiancé, that's a really delicate issue that I'm reluctant to comment on, especially since I don't know how Polish arranged marriages work. All I'll say is that if he's a righteous man he won't grill you on all the messy details of your past, and he'll forgive you for what you reveal just as God forgives you.

The Lord be with you, stranger. Take some deep breaths and remember that you are loved by a merciful God.

that's exactly what i'm asking… and well.. okay since it's really anonymous here.. it's like stuff of i guess i could call it abuse and stuff although i can't absolve myself of all guilt etc. i've confessed but i don't want to like all i feel like i'm a fraud if i get married to him and tell him, although am i damaged goods… please help.

I'm really sorry for what you're going through. Even though it would be extremely uncharitable of him to refuse to let your past go (especially since you are obviously repentant and there was some level of abuse involved), too many Christians have a hard time of living out Christian charity. Since you're here, and since you used that phrase "damaged goods," you probably have experience with some of the ugly things men say about women, and that might be influencing your intense feelings of unworthiness. All I can say is that I hope and pray that you're right about him being a great guy.

I truly wish I could help you more. I know a lot more about Christianity than I do about human relationships. I think the most help I can give you is to pray for you.

It sounds like you were sexually abused at a young age. You are not necessarily obliged to tell your fiance, or anyone (except confessing sins to a priest, and opening your heart to God). If you were very young, toy did not sin even if you think you enjoyed it or were coaxed into consenting. If you were old enough to make rational decisions, than you Mau shares some culpability, but an older person especially one in authority carries more responsibility.

I will say that while I don't think you're necessarily obliged to share with your fiance, I general you should not keep secrets from your spouse. You should be open to sharing yourself fully with your spouse. You must judge when is the right time.

i was beyond the age of reason and believe me… i hate myself :(

First of all you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Your guilt is a sign that your contrition is sincere, and if your contrition is sincere then the Lord forgives you, no ifs or buts, so forgive yourself.

Secondly it's a rough situation. In my opinion you need to tell this guy before you get married if you feel like it's going to impact his choice. Marriage is a serious issue in Catholicism, once you get married you cannot go back, so I think you should put everything on the table beforehand to make sure both of you are going in with your eyes fully open. I'd like to think that the Lord would move his heart to accept you, because the fault is not yours, you were taken advantage of and abused, what you deserve is compassion and mercy, not judgement. But you need to be ready for him to call it off because if he's a hardline Trad Cath it could be a deal breaker.

Either way you're 19 and there are plenty of fish in the sea. I would look at it like this, if you tell him and he calls off the marriage then he was most likely an asshole and you dodged a bullet. If you tell him and he's sympathetic and forgives then your marriage will be all the stronger. There is nothing to lose and a lot to gain from being upfront.

Good luck, sister in Christ, I'll pray for you.

you've made me so nervous, but i mean nothing that i mean i haven't considered before i guess? i'm so scared. like well maybe i said i can't say i'm totally absolved i mean i mean like… well i confessed but yeah… but.. i feel that even if i confessed i can't just pretend etc. although i'm so scared it won't work out.

i'm semi losing my faith over this although god forbid i'm very wrong because it was my fault tbh :( ah please help me

i'm really sad :(

i'm so embarrassed

TOO BAD SO SAD WAA WAA
God doesn't give a shit
You condemned yourself!!!

i'm sorry. i'm not trying to pretend etc i'm just not really sure about all of this. (if you're catholic i apologize more, don't take my indecision as anything) i'm just so conflicted

i re-read what you said and i think you're right brother. i just… well my guilt is killing me. especially the part after the age of reason. if i lose him, right i have to trust my Lord. i am so weak. i wish this never happened to me… i'm trash

REPENT
You condemned yourself but GOD LOVES YOU STILL, THROW YOURSELF ON HIS MERCY AND TELL THE TRUTH

DO NOT LIE

DO NOT HIDE

HE WILL SEE YOU, EVE, AS YOU HIDE YOUR SHAME

HE KNOWS, YOU KNOW, HE WANTS YOU TO BE HONEST

YOU JUST WILL NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID YOU WILL FEEL BAD

YOU ARE RISKING YOUR SAFETY, LOVE AND HEALTH FOR THE CHANCE TO FEEL OKAY.

YOU SCREWED UP, OWN IT, BUT DON'T CARRY IT. GOD FORGIVES, HE FORGETS, HE IS OKAY BUT YOU MUST SO TOO FORGIVE, FORGET AND MOVE ON AS A NEW LIFE

I LOVE YOU SISTER, TRY TO BE THE BETTER WOMAN

I DON'T MEAN THAT GOD DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU, HE DOES, HE JUST SEES THROUGH YOUR SELFISHNESS

BECOME WHOLE

Szczęść Boże

Hey, I'm also a Polish Catholic (who's in his early 20s), so I can relate to your situation a bit.

Please don't feel like you sinned in your past if you were abused. It's not your fault. If you went to confession, then any sins are forgiven. If your future husband is a good guy, then open up to him. Let him help you, it's not healthy to keep such experiences bottled up.

Don't. You're not damaged goods and don't see yourself that way. You went to confession and you're pure in the eyes of God. As for your husband, don't try to dance around the truth. He should understand and he should be there to help you.

You're not trash either, so don't say that. I think a healthy thing for you would to also have a spiritual director (a priest) you can regularly confess to and talk to. A lot of people have one and it's normal.

If you have a discord account, I'd be happy to hear anything else you have on your mind and try to help you. My username is: bolek#2233

Also, I could invite you to some good Christian servers that might be really helpful for you.

God bless.

Attached: 17203092_10155114322024204_7955965793642184930_n.jpg (922x960, 143.7K)

Also, don't forget to ask for the intercession of Mary by praying the rosary and keep the Lord close to your heart by going to the Sacrifice of the Mass each week.

theholyrosary.org/
theholyrosary.org/rosarybenefits

Attached: Rosary.jpg (765x1000 728.33 KB, 93.4K)

If I may refer to a place with more info: 8ch.net/christian/res/670387.html#670387

Take a Xanax, bro. Don't know if you were ever sexually abused, but it leaves psychological wounds that take a long time to heal. Acting like a kid on the spectrum who's pencil just snapped isn't helping anyone.

It'd be worse to say it after, better to ruin something before it starts than right in the middle of it.

Take this user's advice, OP. As a man, I would want any woman I was to marry to be honest from the start. What my sister and brother-in-law did was premarital counseling, so they'd know how to work through everything *before* they had any problems.

Were you abused by a Catholic priest? Or just a regular Catholic?

Attached: priest-sex-abuse-999999999.jpg (510x429, 24.63K)

I'm not her but if you got some good Christian servers I'd appreciate an invite.

t. Polish Catholic