USN cruiser and Russian destroyer nearly collide

No longer content to hit simple cargo vessels, the US Navy has advanced to attempting to use other militaries' ships to sink its Ticonderogas.

archive.fo/XyiBW

Attached: USS_Chancellorsville_(CG_62).jpg (2320x1620 1.98 MB, 2.83M)

How long until the Russians publish dashboard footage from their bridge (with tasteful hardbass in the background) to prove this statement wrong and that it was another case of PMS in the officer of the watch on the American's side?

Given the track record of US maritime collisions, the USN is at fault.

Attached: faggot.png (1436x965, 1.85M)

With captains using Garmin GPS and not using the subsystems built into the fucking ships, this shit is going to happen.

My interpretation of how all this probably went down.

Attached: 2c90ebca2eedcde0f9c6aa097b7910e0729b411f963593b71bb1378a1a46a393.png (753x937, 59.98K)

The US has released some footage of the incident. The Russian is on our left, the American on our right.
It looks like both ships were on straight courses as far back as the wakes show. The Russians are the ones who avoided the collision; the Chancellorville made no attempt to avoid it.
According to the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, Section II, Rules 15-17 (rules which have been the standard for long before that specific treaty) the Chancellorville was in the wrong:

Attached: reuters2.png (515x410 404.66 KB, 441.42K)

Can this world get anymore ridiculous.

You tempting fate, bro?

The people running the ship and the people running the PR office very likely don't know the rules. They probably don't know which side is starboard, either.

I wonder how a guided missile destroyer built atop libre soft+hardware with a GNU/crew under the command of Capt. Terry A. Davis would perform relative to contemporary warships fielded by major blue-water navies.

I wish this wasn't so plausible.

If you use FPGAs for hardware security and have a seed for the data transfer connections of your cables it should do pretty well.

The costs come from more the "overbuilding" of the entire thing and finding a way to standardize everything for missiles and such. Won't be impossible to do. Best example of GNU-materiel is probably the JF-17. It isn't much, about half of a MiG-35, but it's a good concept.

Use OpenSPARC or MIPS for the processors with some of your own SIMD instructions or just simulate them in a fuckoff huge FPGA and it should stay hardware secure.

If you redo your entire military infrastructure this way, you can probably ramp up wartime production as well since everything is freely available for the public to use themselves. Base both your military and civilian infrastructure this way and your country should run rather nicely. Hell, the US Military is already giving up MIL-STD-1553 for MIL-STD-1773 which is just a fancy way of saying Firewire.

Forgot to mention, both China and Russia use MIPS and OpenSPARC respectively. There's more open source architectures out there, Terrascale is open for use without shaders for a VLIW core architecture that you can slap into a huge core cluster. Possibilities are rather endless right now. Pic related.

Attached: D7V7889.jpg (4928x3264, 7.82M)

Attached: absolutely kimochi.jpg (306x335, 13.34K)

How the fuck do you collide ships? The ocean is fucking huge

Worth it.
Militaries should just be replaced with military autists.

I don't think there would ever be any wars. We would all just be too busy asking if we could shoot/disassemble the other army's weapons.

That had better be diplomat speak for "someone got an earful of vodka fueled profanity".

;_;

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1001x611 34.83 KB, 229.69K)

From the images it seems that the Russian vessel was going significantly faster and its wake isn't quite straight either. My guess is, they indented for the encounter to happen (probably with the regulations in mind) and were probing their adversary. If that is the case, you have to weigh the strategic ramifications of the way you're gonna react and not just blindly follow naval regulations.

You are wrong and you have no proof. The USN has a proud history of near and actual collisions, and this incident is no different. If I take a shit in a bowl every day, and one day I squat over the bowl and spread my asscheeks, do you not assume that I am taking a shit?

The images are right there. You can clearly see that the destroyer is going faster and you can clearly see that its wake is not straight.

The only thing not straight is your sexuality

Are you interpreting that sort of hook-shaped feature as a turn? Because I'm pretty sure that's just the result of the wake dispersing over time. If it were a turn, it looks like the radius would be much tighter than the turn to avoid the collision, and I don't know if that's realistic.

Believe it or not there be lanes in the ocean people follow.

Not the US navy apparently.

someone should force both entire Chains of Command to enter a cage-match with 100 highest ranking officers on both sides and engage in painful physical combat for 3 minutes.

The boo-hooing over the minor injuries would last decades and even rival The Holocaust.

Make the board of directors for Lockheed/Boeing/Raytheon/Honeywell fight to the death with a pair of toenail clipper too.

That's about the only way the Russian Navy would crush the USN…

Attached: Admiral_Michelle_J._Howard_VCNO.jpg (472x593 53.88 KB, 108.99K)

Attached: ef2de5548ba96a13d342d6197862644c2e05997a267282831edf0d2630c68a0f.png (807x558, 832.48K)

33% White
33% Jewish
33% Negro
1% Admiral

Looking at the Cruiser's wake, that one is completely straight. Of course I'm not saying that it was a huge maneuver, maybe it was a minor rudder turn that then dispersed over time as you say - but that is my point: it seems that the destroyer wasn't going completely straight, it was likely doing some course/speed adjustments, which would suggest they had the initiative.
Of course it's also quite possible that doing nothing was ordinary incompetence rather than brilliant strategic decision on part of the cruiser's captain. But those two things can be true at the same time. It's not like the Russian millitary is a stranger to initiating "dangerously close" encounters.

That's wrong though. But nice fantasy interpretation of the pictures with no arguments.

Bloody hell, he looks annoyed just having his photo next to hers(?).

It's how all Russian admirals look like. It's also how all US admiral look like even those has Aryan as can be.

Attached: Igor_Osipov,_2016.jpg (2400x3000 1.62 MB, 1.1M)

Comfy bombposting is the future of warfare.

Attached: 6BH7IuB.jpg (1280x720 129.49 KB, 231.04K)

It's amazing given that they're old, how you can tell some of them spent their whole having that skin crawling fake smile on their face.

Even if culturally they must appear stern on portrait or something, look at french and British admirals, some smile but you can tell by their skin they didn't spent their entire life with their faces glued with a sociopath grin.

Attached: serveimage.png (640x960 1.93 MB, 131.76K)

There is something very misshapen of these americans.

There doesn't even have to be any action on the part of the Russian Navy, just give the US Navy time and it'll sink it's own ships through incompetence…it was happens when you champion and award people based on their gender and skin color for a forced diversity slot and then allow them to take a command position on a vessel in the surface warfare community…an engineer knows fuck all about surface combat or naval combat operations.

Hey, if all this diversity crap continues, all the US military branches will collapse. Then, it'll be looting time.

Think about it; you champion and award someone for their gender, skin color, ect… not because they're competent or skilled…then you place them in command of a surface warfare vessel…it's no wonder the Navy is slamming it's ships into anything and everything, these people in command of those vessels can barely operate without someone there to coddle them and make sure their ass is wiped for simply existing. Any kind of ship-to-ship combat for US Naval vessels is going to be a fucking Benny Hill montage, as the CO panics because they don't have the metel to do the fucking job, but hey at least we got some arbitrary "historical achievement" in putting the first Nuetro-Queer Non-Binary Equestriapod into a vessel command position.

I would not be surprised if all of the tankers in the Persian gulf that were mysteriously "sabotaged" were the work of the USN's bumbling incompetence. I also wonder if the Iranian's plan for defending themselves is to wear down the USN by attrition via cargo ship in the Strait of Hormuz

Since there hasn't been a major war for decades the military just like other parts of the first-world societies are running on marketing over substance.

This is what happens when you allow affirmative action in the military. This is the fifth or sixth time in recent memory that that a US warship has been crashed. What the fuck is going on? It is deliberate at this point. Stupid fucking niggers and women are the problem, but the root of this cancer is kikes. Without kike meddling, the niggers and women would not be in the military to begin with.

Attached: 58011a9c16e7eb3284c5a282218bff31308564ebec01b695c5f848432df2e398.jpg (300x400 232.68 KB, 66.64K)

Attached: 31178ba3a60512d30121171880a3e66439976945ef51fa9ef2fae39df7887c71.gif (511x512, 102.88K)

Attached: becb1b512b4d52c7c85cb958327e4229eca6814bd5f88061b4bd20d4f04a44b3.jpg (1044x664, 125.68K)

relatedm more diversity signalling

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (885x675, 684.99K)

Attached: d7881bb9e0852156e5d2475340b1bbf18f3d45920bd6c3a8602d6f318681940a.jpg (645x540, 50.93K)

Report for reddit macros.

They're supposed to be ironic. Layers of ironic like an onion.

Attached: Snapdab.gif (1080x723 578.32 KB, 87.44K)

Attached: 1de4ad775c7b5a0cf577a280b67cdc6166892331998f7750099e80a230ac5f4c.jpg (168x168 7 KB, 7K)

You can only have layers of ironic shitposting in a place with no quality control like Reddit.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (680x771, 465.35K)

Reminder to report any cuckchan posters.

Cuckchanner taken care of
Also this

Attached: fuck off.png (4472x2824, 1.47M)

I know this is supposed to be parody, but I can tell you from first hand experience that this isn't to far from the case when it comes to Surface warfare officers.

It was a pun on the fact that the Russian Navy is always the last leg on the Russian defense budget.
The only way the USN could be defeated is hurling their stupid amount ships into the areas the Russian ships, that are only geared toward area denial, are holed up, which is never gonna happen (same as the allied, despite complete naval supremacy, never tried to break into the Baltic in both world wars). That and senior officers duels.

I mean the Russians care about the sea so much their fleets have tanks battalions…

Seagoing tanks when?

Come on, we all know already that they will just invade Alaska with a fleet of BMPs and BMDs.

White Ruskies and Yanks are my ally so I hope they don’t fall for the wicked trick.

No Ekranoplanes?

Attached: Suddenly, Ekranoplane!.jpg (1280x720, 70.73K)

The appearance is so fascistic.

They have some (the Sprut-SDM of the VDV) but for logistics reasons, the ones in the marine are T-80s.

I feel sorry for the white criminals. They are going to be given more harsh punishments than the niggers.

Is there a specific reason for that, or did they just dump their T-80s to the marines to ease the logistics of the army proper?

The navy and naval infantry share logistics and the coastal defense and the naval infantry are supposed to share at least some of it.
That leads to a lot of weird things like heavy artillery in 130mm instead of 152mm and all tracked vehicles tend to belong to the MT-LB/PT-76 families.
The problem is that complex is quite old so they've gotten some BTR-82 as a stopgap and some T-80BV (and the BVMs are for them I think) as those are supposedly better in a marine/cold environment than T-72 (don't ask me why. Note that South Korea also uses theirs that way).

And it's complicated by the extension of the coastal units of the northern and pacific fleet into artic warfare for which the vehicles are still largely in prototyping (pic related is the only arctic IFV I know of and it's again a MT-LB).

So it's unclear what they're doing (they possibly don't know themselves).

Now the Sprut (litt: "Squid") was largely designed to replace both the PT-76 of the naval infantry (that itself were modded with 57mm naval guns in their last iteration) and the ASU-85 of the VDV but the main problem is it was on a BMD-3 chassis.
Now the VDV didn't like the BMD-3 IFV one bit, which led to the BMD-4 revision and finally the BMD-4M, so the Sprut-SD design was never finalized until the VDV main vehicle was ok.
So what could happen is for at least the naval infantry to switch to the BMD-4M chassis format of the VDV (Sprut-SDM1/BMD-4M/BTR-MDM/2S42 Lotus) and the coastal switch to T-80BVM/BMP-3/2S31 Vena to have at least some of the same spare parts).
But there is another problem is that the VDV has basically doubled in size, meaning they need a shitload of BMD-4 chassis.

And since the navy never has priority they will be stuck with leftovers or might transition to the new "armata" family chassis if deemed they need new stuff ASAP or even something else depending what they develop for the arctic.

Attached: Russia_could_order_Toros_tracked_armoured_vehicle_for_military_units_deployed_in_the_Arctic_Region_640_001.jpg (640x450, 57.85K)

And that's why I left Harris county: the niggers, the spics, and the carpetbagging yankee bastards.

Attached: 1510108141441.jpg (446x345, 40.79K)

Boy, is it going to be some kind of fresh hell for the citizens of Harris County.

Remember that the Ekranoplan was a 100% vodka fuelled endeavour. Was there any way that they could be built to handle rough seas? or was their need for calm waters just a meme? Because I would love to see a timeline where the worlds navies could dispatch Marine armoured battalions and mechanised infantry that could leave from Portsmouth and have no trouble hitting the beaches at (for example) Buenos Aires a few hours later.

Attached: What could have been ....jpg (756x540 31.06 KB, 69.19K)

it's the difference between a politician and a commander.

Depends of two things. First the height they hover is directly proportional to their wing size (so the bigger ones "hover" considerably higher than the smaller ones).
Second it depends their class.
The Russian made a simple classification A B C for
A fly only as high as it cushion (early soviet design and current civilian designs).
B is capable of temporary gain of altitude (late soviet designs like the Lun, the Lun could go out by "very rough" sea relatively safely)
C is capable of proper fly.

They have another name for the C class it's Ekranolyet (the Sukhoi S-90-40 prototype from early 2000 pic related, is one, basically it's a cool as fuck seaplane that doesn't eat much fuel. There was no money for it though back then).

Attached: serveimage.jpg (500x346, 26.83K)

Now they just need to find a way to make it submersible and load it up with a fuckload of Antishipping missiles, SAMs, and rocket launched torpedoes to hit every single naval meme sweet spot with one project.

Attached: S-90.jpg (500x375 63.52 KB, 31.11K)

Have we reached peak naval autism?

Attached: boobs girl.png (354x457, 128.34K)

We can always go further.

Am I the only one who enjoyed pic related then? Actually, excuse me, I've got to go reinstall it now Also, to be *peak* naval meme we'd need to make it capable of successfully ramming hostile ships, get the Americans working on that one.

Attached: X-Com - tftd.png (1280x800, 265.47K)

Wait, I got an idea for how to make this product of autism go further.
Give this ekranoplane the ability to launch smaller planes. Vertically launched.

Where are the big guns?

I think we can go further

Attached: an attempt was made.png (1000x750, 205.23K)

Looking pretty swanky so far.
Say, you think it can hold or use midget submarines?

There is a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it but let's keep going and see what happens

Attached: severe nautical autism.png (1000x750, 209.21K)

Make it a troop/vehicle transport as well for those beach assaults.
Also, dazzle camouflage.

Isn't that kind of redundant on something that can fire cruise missiles? Then again if you can find a way to fit an Obrez'd Schwerer Gustav onto this thing then don't let me stop you. Maybe make the ASM and AGM barrel launched for shits and giggles. Keep the SAMs in dedicated launchers to go full macross any time the radar pings something above sea level though.

What about a cannon launched drone? I'm sure we could fit a drone with folding wings into an 80cm bore. If we want it manned then the cannon is going to need to get bigger, unless you want to find a large number of hypermanlet pilots.

If we've figured out how to make the Ekranoplan submersible then is there any reason not to make the drones/aircraft multipurpose as well? Granted they'd need to be either wire guided or entirely autonomous when they went underwater but I don't see any reason to be afraid of releasing thousands of entirely autonomous killbots into the oceans.

Nice art m8

It shouldn't need too much modification to manage a beach landing - wing in ground effect aircraft can manage flying over flat ground so it could carry the marines a fair way up the beach before it pops smoke and opens the landing ramps. Also, for the camo, is there any reason not to make the skin a screen that can alter its camouflage or use dynamic camo? Something like pic related should work rather well.

Attached: seizure-inducing-animated-gif.gif (600x450, 1.19M)

Can you add casemates?

Attached: Casemate_USS_North_Dakota_LOC_09527u.jpg (1200x1088, 203.22K)

Kek, will get back to you guys after I'm done with the gym.
casemates make me diamond hard

Thanks Satan

There are topedo tubes on SS Autism, right?
Also, since it's still technically plane, let's have it have bomb bays. Oh and rocket pods under the wings that can extract into the wing when underwater.

Attached: Mil_Mi-24,_armamento,_Museo_Nacional_de_Bulgaria,_marzo_de_2011.JPG.jpg (1280x960, 251.75K)

kamikaze midget pilots for said drones?

You could have a conveyor belt like pic related. Of course only one half of it would be filled with rocket pods, and the other half is empty.

Attached: CNC_tool_changer.jpg (615x1272, 108.69K)

Is that some kind of rocket launching chaingun?

Wouldn't the Ekranoplan be faster than a torpedo? Launching a torpedo that starts tracking you when you overtake it a second or so after it leaves the tube doesn't sound useful. Put the torps in a VLS ASROC so you get to fire more than one from each shipplane.

Operation Human Shield :^)

It's part of the tool changer for a CNC machining center. Each pocket holds a NMTB or similar, tool holder. In this picture it might be HSK. The conveyor brings the desired tool into position for a swing arm to grab it and transfer it to the spindle, where a pneumatic or hydraulic claw grabs onto a nub on the top and seats it firmly into the female taper.

Attached: 800px-Chain_type_changer_and_arm_with_two_grippers.jpg (800x1203, 256.79K)

NOW WITH 13% LESS EFFORT

Attached: invgat.png (1000x750 86.66 KB, 242.44K)

Fair enough, I still think that a rocket launching chain gun would be a fun thing.

As beautifully autistic as it is it still feels like it's missing something. The only thing I can think of at the moment would be making it out of Pykrete, but that's just retarded rather than interesting.

Houston is severely underhated, easily in the top 10 worst cities in the country.

Two powertripping retards try to outpowertrip each other.
Reminds me of a story:

It's an old joke that never happened in real life.

I think I got it.
It needs some SLBMs. That'll make it complete.

Obviously it's missing ERA armor.

Duh.
It doesn't matter whether it did or not. What matters is that it could, and there has possibly been a similar scenario in the thread's topic.