First time at the firing range

Hi Zig Forums, went to the firing range for the first time with girlfriend's brother who's in the Military. Had a great time, really happy to have learned the basics of firearm safety and how to properly aim and load a weapon. What was the first gun you fired?

Attached: 20190607_161741.jpg (4032x1960, 2.11M)

The first I shot was a sporterized M1903 Springfield. I remember being surprised at how heavy it was and loving the recoil of it. The first I owned was a Winchester M1890 and my first centrefire was a K98. I still have a soft spot in my heart for the dear old K98. It breaks my heart to see boomer subhumans chopping them up like that. What the fuck is the purpose of this thread?

Let me guess… that's the South Shore shooting range in Freeman Avenue, Islip, NY?

Calm down, Brenton, the dude's excited. I've been there as well. First gun I fired was S&W 622. First guns I fired and loved, however, were CZ 75 and FAL of untold origins. FAL is just an aesthetically pleasing rifle, plus .308 is not a baby cartridge. Old CZs look kind of quirky, like gopnick gun, but I handled that gun much better then (a bit later) P320, Browning Hi Power and a couple of other 9mms. Maybe was an ammo thing too, that range used cheapest ball ammo available, and some guns seem to handle it better than others.

I'm not totally sure what the first smokeless rifle I fired was. I shot my uncle's .54 squirrel gun – no "range" we just crossed the street into timber land, and tried to not shoot any living trees too badly.

Airguns at home, in the front yard, missed shots would bounce across the water for a ways. Puget sound, you could see the space needle on a clear day, but only just barely.

I have what I now believe to be a spanish WWI mauser, that I would take into the town's designated "range" – there was a roof so you could shoot in the rain, but the "benches" wobbled no matter where you sat, and the metal buttstock on that .308 would bruise you pretty badly.

The formality of the public range is a little off putting. I'm used to quarry rules. Don't shoot at anybody, and don't let it be unclear if you are are aren't shooting at anybody. We good? We good. None of this PA system "cease fire, cease fire" "Range is cold, range is cold – no touching your gun, ammo, or scope." "Are we back? Ears on? Eyes on? Ear protection and eye protection needed the range is hot, the range is hot" business.
I get that it's necessary in that circumstance. I just find it off-putting.

Been a long while, but it was either an AR or an AK in full auto at a range in Vegas.

BB Gun at 4
Glock 21 at 8
UMP at 12
Felt good man.

F88. I prefer the MAG58.

First gun I ever fired was I believe the Remington GameMaster .35 Rem pump action he has. Awesome deer gun. I plan on teaching my (hopefully eventual) children to shoot at a young age like I was taught but they will learn on ARs, handguns, precision bolt guns etc.

Butchered that post. Meant to say my father taught me to shoot on the GameMaster he has.

Attached: post-55-1499983737.jpg (600x512, 25.17K)

He lived in Washington state off Puget Sound, and he could see the Space Needle, an observation tower in Seattle. It's almost like answering the SATs!

Attached: Space_Needle002.jpg (800x1092 242 KB, 551.53K)

really nigger, do you live in america? how fucking old are you?
6 years old in the woods of new mexico, firing off a glock 19 with pre-ban 17-round mags and an sks with family. they weren't even gun nuts. they didnt give hearing ptotection though

Probably a 22 rifle when I was 5 or so. First centerfire maybe 6 months later.

Got my license when I was 20 and bought an sks. Shot it off a backroad in the woods.
My grandfather was the only one in the family who really appreciated guns and hunting, he died when I was young

First gun I ever shot was my dad's 22LR pistol (Ruger), and then his Glock in 40S&W. It was fun. Nowadays I prefer full metal frame guns like my CZ P-01 though.

Never have. I've never known anyone who owned a gun, and all the ranges around are strictly members-only and don't offer rentals. And dropping $250 for a license plus $300 for a low-budget gun plus however much for ammo plus $400 for the first year of range membership, all without ever having found out whether I actually enjoy shooting it, is an expense I can't afford right now.
The closest I've come was a .177 air rifle in the Air Cadets.

.22 savage bolt I bought at 24 when I realized i had a responsibility to know how modern weapons functioned.

I can't blame my dad since I was a real late bloomer and would have probably been a liability

Why the fuck did you capitalize the word military? You fucking gigaburger.

Welcome aboard. The smell of burnt gunpowder and the feeling of achievement are more addictive than booze, so don't be surprised when you drop fat stacks of cash on a nice gun, some ammo, reloading kit and get autistic about how you make your own ammo to fit your raifu.

My first shots were fired when I was 15 with a family friends boltguns. One scoped 22lr, one 223. I didn't get into it until much later after I had moved out- I bought a BL-22 that I loved to bits and shot the hell out of. It's gone now, traded that for an alfa 22.

If blanks count it was a 12 pound mountain howitzer, loaded and fired it during demonstrations for a summer job at a Civil War fort in high school.
If blanks don't count then it was a Ruger 10/22 but that's way more boring than a cannon.

He also capitalized Zig Forums. I got excited too when I first discovered the shift key.

Attached: 12pdr_mountain_howitzer.jpg (1280x853, 351.32K)

The first was some sort of shotgun when I was young, probably a 12 gauge. When I actually got into guns for the first time a few years ago, it was with a friend in the army who brought several calibers of handguns. I started with a .22 folding revolver and at the time I was amazed at how powerful a 9mm actually is for the shooter.

Now I happily carry a 9 daily, have a wonderful 1911 at home, along with 7.62x39 rifles in different locations. plan to either get a revolver or shotgun in the near future.

.22 Lee enfield, when I was a cadet. it was heavy as fuck so you barely felt the pew. The first real gun I shot was the L1a1 FAL and that was real heckin fun. Then I tried full pewpewpew and couldn’t aim for shit. Unfortunately that completely ruined everything chambered bellow 7.62 for me.
My favorite pewpew device is the mg-42 which i tried during a trip to Vegas and niggerappolis

Attached: E6D946D3-6FB3-48D0-8D41-4E4FDA93FDAA.jpeg (640x220, 32.35K)

For me it was a 12 gauge over-under in some skeet shooting (if we don't count airguns). The recoil wasn't that bad, although I did manage to bruise my upper arm because I managed to hold the rifle in the wrong way. The real problem is that my glasses didn't mess with the sights and the stock, therefore I had to aim without them. I literally couldn't see what I'm shooting at. And just to show off, I might as well mention that I got to shoot pic related.

Attached: Danuvia VD-01.jpg (480x270, 9.67K)

That sounds like some Ontario or BC bullshit user, I'm sorry. Is there no crown land nearby to shoot on?

Some bolt action .22 at the local gun club's open day. Went with my boy scout troop. Got some trigger time on a M1 carbine and tried my hand at clays with a .410, which went about as well as you'd expect. Ended up getting really good with the 12 gauge at camp later on. First time though my ear and eye pro were knocked off my head and I nearly landed on my ass. Got laughed at a bit after that, but the kid that cried after one shot with the 20 took the heat off me.
Been playing with BB and pellet guns forever.
Didn't fire a handgun until I was 19 though, I think it was a Ruger Single-Six, definitely a single action .22 revolver, then a S&W .22 target pistol, and finally a Glock 19. That was for the NRA pistol cert I needed in order to actually purchase guns in this shithole state. Had a one-on-one class with old Navy vet; worked as both a diver and a chopper crew chief in Vietnam, where he got a nut shot off.

My first was a 22. It was a great rifle for me at the time (age 6)

First i gun i shot was the g36 in basic training

Attached: 1555836758972-3.jpg (853x480, 65.01K)

Some Ruger .22 when I went to a campsite with a friend's family (we were 8 at the time) was fun to pop beer bottles in the middle of the woods where no one would complain.

The best hand gun ever conceived, the one and only Hi-Power.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (615x782, 749.19K)

Mein Beileid.

A Savage .22LR Bolt-Action and I think it was something called an X-Bolt with a 7 rd mag
Shit taught me that bolt actions are so much fun even more with larger calibers like my Yugo M48 and seeing eject rounds fly out depending on how hard you work the bolt is a simple pleasure as well.
Autoloaders are still cool in my book

Attached: 5c4d21bc43c2c7784e41c7c3a29370d1714f0915edbfec9a73b2437b3c8a4fc0.gif (700x700, 2.02M)

Remington 597 was my first.

I think it was a sig p320 but I'm not sure I was hungover as fuck and I was rushed out by my dickhead dad and uncle because they wanted to go to Hooters fucking boomer cunts.

My first was a P22. Fun stuff. Been trying to find one to buy now.