Donald Trump's China tariffs will cost Ford $1 billion, CEO Jim Hackett says

"Ford CEO Jim Hackett told Bloomberg Television on Wednesday that his company faces $1 billion in lost profits from President Donald Trump's tariffs.

“The metals tariffs took about $1 billion in profit from us – and the irony is we source most of that in the U.S. today anyways,” Hackett said. “If it goes on longer, there will be more damage.”

A Ford spokesman told the Detroit Free Press that Hackett was referencing Ford internal forecasts of an increase of about $1 billion in steel and other metal costs in 2018 and 2019 due to tariffs.

Hackett described business as stalled by the uncertainty over Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum from China and Canada, which have led to a range of retaliatory tariffs."

usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/09/26/china-tariffs-donald-trump-ford-ceo-jim-hackett/1433220002/

Attached: GettyImages-1000191638.jpg (550x361, 31.36K)

That's not possible.
How the fuck does he think anyone believes tariffs on China raise prices in the US?

He probably means they get 32% from china, 33% from the us, and 35% from all the other places.

The real solution : stop foreigners from putting their money in the US. You do that, and mechanically the savings rate will go up and the trade deficit will go down. Of course some tariffs on mercantilist countries are welcome as well e.g. China and Germany.

That's what you get for pandering to niggers.

(((Ford)))

H E R B E R T. H O O V E R 2

E

R

B

E

R

T

H

O

O

V

E

R

go cry somewhere else

America loses again.

Good!

Ford is anti-American, so this is a win for America, leftist kike.

He was a Nazi collaborator, idiot.

Exactly. Fuck Ford. They do anything to screw over their consumer to line their pockets. They don't even want to make actual cars anymore because "wahh it's too hurd!".

Exactly you should be happy this is happening. It's another win for america.

This, (((they))) will always pull shit like this. Just you wait, the second that the US is 50.01% non-white, (((they))) are going to declare that this is no longer a white nation.

Trump is a homo.

Chinese metals raise in price - american suppliers adjust prices up to whats on the market, because why not. Not mentioning lower supply from China, since its more expensive now.

Wow there's no way I could have continued my life if this mossad blackmailed pedo good friends with jeffey pedo island Epstein who avoided jail because KIKES are above the law closely monitored by kike Kushner loser wasn't spammed every where I go. I care much. Your brainwashig works on me omg elections are real now I'm gonna serve you omg you did it jakob

How the fuck do you think market and prices work? Putting tariffs on Chinese steel means ALL steel will go up in price, regardless of where it's produced. This is literally supply and demand 101.

Oops, good steel just went up in price because of higher demand.

Ford sucks
Buy Toyota

Higher prices on steel means higher wages for steel workers, which means greater consumer power.

Not true, you're just a shareblue shill. Trump created millions of jobs in the US. You're just salty that you lost. MAGA

Britcigarette here.
Maybe with a few more rounds of Tariffs the prices could normalise enough that Britain could restart our steel industry that got killed by India and China.

Who am I kidding… The lefty tree huggers would throw a fit and the politicians would cuck out.

Attached: farge.png (381x455, 200.8K)