Question for catholics

Not sure if you guys have heard of this, but why didn't the exorcism of Anneliese Michel work? I've heard one guy say it didn't work because it was done by a vatican 2 sect. He was a sedevacantists of course. Just wanted to know your opinions on this. What do you make of it?

I'm a protestant by the way but the story did really make me feel bad. Like, she was such a sweet girl and this had to happen to her. 😔

Attached: 2-Anneliese-Michel-exorcism.jpg (509x379, 30.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mysticsofthechurch.com/2015/06/anneliese-michel-unrecognized-and.html
catholicnick.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-third-most-important-passage-in.html
catholicnick.blogspot.com/2013/06/in-what-way-did-jesus-become-curse-for.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mysticsofthechurch.com/2015/06/anneliese-michel-unrecognized-and.html

It's quite long. Care to summarise for me? Ill read later of course.

Ok, I read a bit. Seems like bs. So she had to undergo torture, possession and an eternity in hell for some penance to save souls? Doesn't seem fair.

Ok, so is the devil trying to save people from hell or is the devil trying to promote the sspx and sedevacantists?

Ok, I'm learning more as I go along:

Hmm, reminds me of 2 Chronicles 18:20-22

Also the devil seems only concerned with positions taken specifically by the Roman Catholics. The Immaculate Conception as an example.

Good point. What did Lucifer mean by this?

Being possessed have nothing to do with being saved. Possession is in body, salvation is grace in soul.

During exorcisms demons must obey unless Christ wills otherwise.

Hmm I wonder, does Devil care about human inventions, heresies and schisms or is more concerned about the True Church, bride of his arch-enemy, Christ?

its worked but for short time

then all demons come back to her body

The plot thickens.

Really makes you think

Wondering if you guys have any other demon possession stories. They are very interesting.

Read Father Amorth.

She wasn't possessed. Just insane, and she simply started to talk about the false doctrines she was taught.

Example

yeah man, that explains the levitating objects and other psi phenomena that went on around her.

psi has actually been scientifically proven. as in, rigorous, academic studies. but of course that doesn't make the news. the "materialistic" worldview must be enforced.

even some of the world's top neurologists are baffled by some cases of possession.

this facile dismissal of the subject is so irritating, because the one uttering it always think he's sounding smart, when it actually springs from ignorance.

just look up exorcisms, levitation, telkinesis on freaking youtube and have a field day. this stuff is not some obscure secret.

but most people don't want to know the truth when it comes to these things, they just want to sound smart.

You mean the same academic studies that failed to replicate? Very rigour, much insightful.

Also, FYI, I am not dismissing demonic possession. I am dismissing the claims that this woman was herself possessed and hat her antics were caused by demons. She was a tortured soul, but what tortured her the most was probably the false doctrine of the Roman church.

Of course, I do realise that I've stepped inside a den of Mary worshippers and you're all jizzing your pants based on the false belief that Satan was talking through this woman. So let me ask this: why would the Prince of Lies give legitimacy to Marian heresy? Oh right: because Satan, in his war against God, wants as many people to burn in hell as possible.

Repent, papists!

We can't rule out other sources of trauma user.

Because even Satan, by the invocation of the Holy Name, can be compelled to speak the truth.

Such as?

Couldn't the exorcism have been botched?
t. Catholic newbie to this kind of thing. Fr. Ripperger asserts that they get botched all the time because of people who don't know what they're doing.

Indeed, it springs from the continual ignorance coming from the advocates of psi.

Mary crushed the serpent with her heel, thou who are in error

He could, but not this time. Fr. Ripperger spoke about it iirc

Apostates and infidels have better in hell than slightes heretics.

You can't replicate what is beyond control of humans, no matter how much you want to feel like God

>>>/reddit/

I remember flicking to a Dr. Phill episode and he was proclaiming how he was a Christian of science and didn't believe in silly nonsense like demotic possession. I was thinking did this hack even read the gospels at least?

Satan is the father of lies and the greatest deceiver in existence. Everything he does, he does in order to keep people away from the truth. Nothing that comes out of Satan's mouth should be blindly taken as truth.

It sounds to me that the "Mary" that appeared to Anneliese was in fact a demonic apparition that successfully appealed to Anneliese's spiritual pride and made Anneliese reject salvation. The demonic "Mary" enticed Anneliese to put herself in the place of Christ.

That example sounds like basic reverse psychology. The Devil is promoting the Marian dogmas by telling people that he, the Devil, wants people to stop believing in the Marian dogmas.

More demonic lies. You may have noticed that the episode only made the Catholic Church and all Christianity look bad, backwards, and dangerous in addition to leading a human girl to damnation.

How? Satan is a tempter, not an arbiter of the soul. You have no real metric of knowing whether Anneliese "rejected salvation", in much of the same way you do not know if most people actually do (this is the same reason the Church actually declines to make definitive statements on damnation).

ya, that pesky Mary always asking us to pray to Christ

to follow up on my post: Satan cannot make you do anything, if Satan "made" you "go to hell", then you'd be forgiven it, since it was not in your own will.

christian server

discord gg/Xw4V7Jb

Grab a copy of the Compendium Maleficarum

I had a very close encounter myself.

If it was a real possession and not simply mental illness, they should've gone to a high level Orthodox priest with access to holy artifacts.

Attached: schemahegumen-anthony-agioantonides.jpg (300x292, 59.23K)

Please do tell.

Not the other guy, but it does make me fear the roman catholic church and think it's denomic. You say Christ can compel the devil to tell the truth but it could also be just that it was a devil. I mean, the devil said a lot of very specific Catholic things. like, it was promoting the rosary and stuff. Seems like the devil was a Catholic prophet trying to promote Catholic belief.

That's just what a demon would want you to think. They know they can't actually beat God or Jesus their only goal is to sow confusion and lead souls into hell.

yeah, the devil really wants you to pray in a form vouched by the woman prophesied in Genesis 3:15 and meditate on the Passion of Christ

total satan move

Where does the bible say to pray the rosary?

The purpose of Mary appearing to her was to use her to save people. But all it's really done is just create more questions.

Paul says to pray without ceasing. the rosary offers structure for people interested in praying for extended periods of time.

People might not realize but the Hail Mary is also about Jesus, "Mother of God and Virgin, rejoice, Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast given birth to the Saviour of our souls."

Don't you know? Satan is deceptive.

You can get to this conclusion only if you already deny possibility of Catholicism being true. "Those exorcist tortured demon so much that he would rather be in hell but he was forced by Christ to tell truth and he says that Catholcism is true but Catholicism cannot be true because that means that I was wrong so Devil of course just lies; I am right, Catholicism is demonic"

"And all generations shall call me blessed"

So when Paul said pray unceasingly he had a 16th century form of prayer in mind? Or did he just mean to prayer continuously, not repetitively. I'm actually ok with calling Mary the mother of God and bless but I will never pray the rosary. Damn near idolatry and polytheism.

I mean, the devil was telling people to be good Catholics. Not once did it mention Christ or devotion to Him but rather modernist methods of prayer. I get what you're saying but if "mary" appeared to her to let her know she will be possessed in order to bring more people to salvation, then she kinda failed because it seems even more fishy. And like you said, I'd have to already be a Catholic to even believe this.

To quote him: Death, tribulations, and famine, O yes, they will surely come again!
He states a fact: there is almost no good catholic left. And he is happy as winnie the pooh.

The only true thing the demon said was:

*The only true thing THAT I BELIVE demon said was:
Here, now it's true.
He says that people ARE NOT good catholics and HE IS HAPPY BECAUSE OF IT.
winnie the pooh americans, why you have so little level of reading comprehension?
Told you. You don't get that sacrifice of Cross was not "Warth of Father on Son" but "Love of Son to Father".
Except penal substitution is only way sola fide make sense. And penal substitution is anti-biblical.
Also: Colossians 1:24
Because God is all-wise and don't bound by time. "Thousand years as one day" etc.
Rosary was given in those last days because it was most fitting. It was given to Dominic to fight albigensian heresy and reform world.
And he prayed the third time, saying the selfsame word.
On the contrary, Augustine says (De Civ. Dei x), that "the homage due to man, of which the Apostle spoke when he commanded servants to obey their masters and which in Greek is called dulia, is distinct from latria which denotes the homage that consists in the worship of God."
Except the closest person to worship false gods are protestants because they are only one who seriously think that anyone does that.
Also, God is pissed in OT that you don't give dulia to your parents and other superiors.
Both verbs in this text (latreuein and proskynein) refer to latria, the worship due to God alone. It says nothing about dulia and hyperdulia, which are given to saints and to our Lady.
Except we give her hyperdulia. Alone.

Yeah, there's been a rise in New atheism. The devil is the king of lies. He knows how to use his words and will sprinkle a tiny bit of truth in his life to get people on board. But even if the devil didn't say this, it's something I already believe and most people in fact believe that faith in God is dying.

Sure, the devil is happy that people aren't good Christians, but doesn't mean that he's not encouraging people to become Catholics. He's using the fact that he's the devil to make people become Catholic. Kinda like reverse psychological. Like, he knows he's the devil and people don't like him so he tells people he doesn't like Catholicism so people will join the Catholic church thinking it's against him. BUT THAT'S EXACTLY HOW HE WANTS YOU TO THINK!

Nope,

And he was also right when said that True Faith (Catholicism) is neglected and fewer and fewer believe Church's teaching.
He was forced to say it to exorcists who already is a catholic. It wasn't public announcement it was information gathered from torture chamber.
Devil hate Catholicism. Every satanic movement (Enlightenment, Masonry, Satanism, Protestants) hate Catholicism. Devil do not want to anyone to be Catholic.
And seeing you, it works.
Absolutely nothing about warth on Son. catholicnick.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-third-most-important-passage-in.html
Absolutely nothing about warth on Son. catholicnick.blogspot.com/2013/06/in-what-way-did-jesus-become-curse-for.html
That in fact are anti-protestant (like all possible Bible verses)?
Except that would mean that there was NO CHURCH and NO SALVATION for those 1500 years.
You seem to don't grasp a difference between Faith and Devotion.
repetition
the act of repeating, or doing, saying, or writing something again; repeated action, performance, production, or presentation.
Christ was perfectly ordered man, he never ever was irrational. Even in fear he knew exactly what he was doing. And he was meditating upon mystery of his Death. Rosary does the same.
Then let me use Greeks since Augustine btfo you.
Nicea II
But Christians in no respect honour images as gods, neither in their veneration do they take anything from the true adoration due to God. Nay, rather they are led by the hand, as it were, by the image to God, while under their visible representations they honour the Saints with the veneration of dulia (doulikws) as the friends of God; asking for their mediation (mesiteuousin) to the Lord. And if perchance some have strayed, from their lack of knowledge, in their veneration, it were better to teach such an one, rather than that the veneration of the august images should be banished from the Church.
Who is closer to X: people who never do X and don't even think of doing X or people who think that others do X?