Paul movie

Did anyone end-up seeing this?
Did anyone enjoy it?
Did anyone else find it surprisingly less Christian than they thought it would be?

Haven't gotten to the end, but … am I pre-judging too early, or is it more faithful to "those days before everyone had a Bible" feel?
What do folks think?

Attached: film-paul-apostle-of-Christ.jpg (720x1080, 155.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/paul-apostle-of-christ-owes-more-to-coca-cola-than-to-the-bible-94556
imdb.com/title/tt0270621/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it was pushing a pacifistic anti-guns agenda

I liked it, but it did have this pacifist "no organized religion" feel, pushing a more free christianity. It had wonderful scenes though. Better than a lot of """"christian"""" movies

Attached: 1494920844909.png (300x250, 19.3K)

theconversation.com/paul-apostle-of-christ-owes-more-to-coca-cola-than-to-the-bible-94556

Attached: 1519402654229.png (700x518, 375.67K)

Are there any actual Christians left on this board?

I'm a Christian

Sorry bud, this board is for LARP only, you should ge to reddit where the real Christians are.

Attached: absolutely urg blaaah.jpg (680x680, 82.5K)

spoilers
< A little less Christian in its first two-thirds than I expected – what's this about Luke saying "My God" as an exclamation?! What's this with Christians barely knowing the gospel, the teachings of Jesus, or not praying constantly?! How are they any more Christians than the rest of the people of the city?! Just incomplete – still the last third somewhat redeems this with a predictable dying-daughter-of-the-jailer-is-saved, although the saving was by "modern" medicine, not by a miraculous healing of God. Look, I get it, the "modern" world 'n' stuff … but seriously, have the makers of this film actually READ the Book of Acts? Do they KNOW the miracles even second-generation Christians were performing in the power of God? Thus, this film feels a great deal like a "sympathetic potrayal" by non-Christians who, though they don't believe any of it themselves, are intensely sympathetic to the teachings of Christ and the early believers' sufferings.
< Either way, film's ending, especially the final "goodbyes" as Paul is executed and parts of 2Timothy about his "end being near" are quoted, and the post-death scene, are pretty affecting, especially when the latter appears as dream sequences throughout the film, preparing us for Paul meeting Saul's victims.

Attached: The_Comedian_finds_out_the_plot.jpg (296x479, 67.2K)

Agree with on how the film viewed the early church. And the ending
In some ways the film seemed like a play with scenes put together for dramatic affect.
It's a film that was fine to watch. Better if you know about Paul and the early church to compare and contrast

YES. YES. YES. /r/christianity is the place to find real Christians.

It was fanfiction.

The netflix founder is the nephew of Edward Bernays. Even you you don't want to think watchable content is about control, they do and so do I.

>The netflix founder is the nephew of Edward Bernays
What?!
/larp/ tells the truth for once?!

Mind you, that fact has absolutely no bearing on a film made by SONY … not netflix

Watch this one instead
imdb.com/title/tt0270621/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

The OT movies in this series are great too, except for the one about Genesis. The NT ones in this series are pretty terrible, except for the one about Paul.

anything that pisses off the christ-hating kikes is good enough for me

It is ok. But it leaves a weird feeling. It kinda goes in the way of people saying "the disciples of Christ were a bunch of friends that shared everything". There is very little [if none ]place for prayer, initiation, mystery cult. It has a "theology of liberation" kind of taste.

Please elaborate on the "My God" thing. One cannot watch this movie if it has a single blasphemy in it due to it be rendered evil by violating the principal of the integral good.

What's to say about it? The Luke character says it as an utterance of shock and astonishment. Maybe they'll argue he was speaking to God, but it was too jarring, too sudden, too unconvincing …

I was unimpressed. What else to say?

English? Or Spanish? Or German? With a cast as diversely "European" as that, it's hard to tell WHICH language they would do it in

I mean, i went to see it in theater, and to be quite honest. In comparison to the passion, The prince of egypt, etc. This was really looking back now, a pretty good flop. If anything it was more anti christian with some of the messages, one of which being pacifism which orthodoxy never teaches. Acting wise, was honestly just meh, even with Jim Caviezel it really seems like there's just no heart in this one. Btw for me one of the gauges i uses, it's a real quick thing, but if i go on movie review sites and see, reviews of the nature.*I like this movies it's not that religious, I'm atheist and i liked it, I thought it taught a feel good message* Red flag! immediately tells me somethings wrong. Take the Passion for instance, At the time some many crytpo atheist, anti Christian just frothing at the mouth was sheer rage, for months when the movie came out although a minor voice. That's how a movie is done. In the Christian genera, it should be invoking some sort of rage from the opposite side. If your movie ain't doing it, then you're doing it wrong. At least in the stage we're in with Nihilism, Moral relativism, etc. Personally , i liked the prince of egypt better. and that's missing different biblical events, like Moses being Given the, Ten commandments. I actually thought it was gona be decent, but looks like we're waiting for Mel Gibbons new one about the Resurrection. Btw, If his new one, in this age, Incites loads of rage, then you know it's legit, who cares what the new atheist think? These people are serious? in a debate? Or about what they're saying is Coherent in any fashion? Infact none have been. The only ones i could find I'd have to go back to Hume, or Nietzsche for find a coherent worldview. Stop giving into people who hate you already to begin with is the message i'd say to these producers, and hopefully Mel, doesn't cave in on this new one.

Btw, i say my method is just real quick check in. Because there are movies that do invoke that childish rage, Like, The case for Christ. But for a movie like that, i think it suffered from, a book trying to be brought into a movie format. Cause i'd originally watched the movie first and thought, Man this one seemed bad. But when i actually read his book, i related more with his actual, Investigation, the characters he interviewed, the doubts he went through in the book, which again i think the movie didn't quite capture that all. But when i went back and re watched, The case for Christ, i related a lot more to his points, having read the book. But Christian movies in general , aside from the select few manage to do a good film. Along with staying inside the biblical elements. The passion does this, the best i'd say.

It was very boring.

While clips on YT are often dubbed into Spanish or Italian, The Bible Collection movies (1993-2000) are originally English.

i did,
couple of parts made me excited but it pushed a bunch of cucked pacifist bullsh!t.