Load-Bearing Equipment Thread

Let's talk about the many different and preferably optimal ways of carrying our ammo and equipment into battle.
It's already tough enough to be in a firefight, we don't need even more difficulty with trying to reload our weapons, maneuver around or struggle to reach for an item. So, post your favorite kits and explain why you like them.

I personally find PLCE webbing to be the peak design. All the weight is around my hips so it's pretty comfy and there's no bullshit covering my chest. Plus can go prone much lower than if I was wearing a vest or chest rig, and reloading from prone is easy too. Sure it sucks inside vehicles but I can live with that.

Attached: isaf15_16260063.jpg (532x800 108.17 KB, 40.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/ONE-PAIR-OF-OLIVE-DRAB-M1950-MILITARY-ARMY-ELASTIC-SUSPENDERS-MINT/253510275841?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Russians have those passive exoskeletons that seem to work quite well, and quite a while ago they made a goofy soldier doll (although not goofier than what you can see in other similar shows) that had a belt-fed bullpup rifle and a backpack that carried the belt. From a purely theoretical perspective it seems to be the best solution, as long as you don't have to replace the belt alone in the middle of a firefight.

I also have to wonder how long will it take for this technology to become cheap and ubiquitous. Personally I'd start selling these exoskeletons to hipsters who want to save the planet and carry their grocery to home. That way you could sell them with at least 300% profit, and you'd have whiny betatesters who will point out some design flaws, and then pay again for a slightly better model next year. I should sell this idea to Apple. I can smell the money when I think of the iLegs.

I dislike exoskeletons for both ideological and aesthetic reasons. Wars should be fought by men, men supported entirely by their own strength, no gay exoskeletons and robots helping them out. Plus, exoskeletons look faggy.

Silly offbrand toothpaste, RT news are only for the news on rotten west! You never trust pro-russian info on pro-russian site.

That's an unsettlingly good idea.

If only we could combine the benefits of exoskeletons with the light infantry concept of yore.
Imagine a bunch of dudes with just their guns, exoskeletons, maybe a knife, and hopped up on pervitin or some other combat drug.
Imagine them all hopped up on a bottleful of meth like that one Finnish guy.

Needs more propietary shit tbh. Something along the lines of it needing a specific current waveform that is only provided by a unique power outlet supplied exclusively by Apple current which is just regular three-phase but shifted only slightly.

Attached: merchant birb.webm (720x1280, 2.25M)

Attached: what the fuck.jpg (600x1301, 615.43K)

I've been eyeing battle belts for a while. They seem more comfy than your regular alice-type belt and have lower profile than chest rig or h-harness which can be attached for shtf so that when training on a range people won't think of you as yet another tactical larper

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1211x953, 1.41M)

I'm still not sure what the difference between battle belts and webbing is

Is there a good general purpose fighting harness for the AK besides that Chicom one?

Attached: fuze-san.gif (500x406, 680.57K)

It's wider, softer and cushioned. Plus, it's molle of course

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (624x570, 382.53K)

Smersh

This, PLCE is fucking kino, and the tab system to open pouches is super secure while being silent and super fast.

How accurate is what Tarrant said about choosing between magazine retention and ease of access?

If you shun any technology that works on ideological grounds, then you will lose the war and your ideology will perish. As it should be.

They're passive exoskeletons; load-shifters. They don't use power. You could incorporate Apple-specific hardware, like a charger for your iPhone that uses reclaimed walking energy, for more hipster green cred.

Suspenders, I think.

Massive artillery, missiles, viruses, aircraft, ATGMs, etc. are all very cool. Exoskeletons, lasers and drones are gay

Greek dub dubs of truth.

Also dubs, I have one of these and it's pretty solid. Especially in combo with the suspenders.

That spread seems pretty arbitrary. Planes are cool as long as you're sitting in them? A UAV can do things a manned craft can't because it doesn't have a weak meat bag in it. Artillery is basically just crude kamikaze drones that you can't steer after you launch them. And shouldn't viruses be less cool than a drone? Like you just spill it somewhere and then people die without you having to get any more involved.
Like, I'm trying to figure out your basis here, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with skill, sophistication, control, personal risk, manliness, nothing. The only uniting feature I can identify is that the "gay" ones are new. Oh, I get it: you don't like change.

They're boring, safe, and no skill.

Man's dream since the dawn of times was to fly. Not only can he now fly, he gets to fight from the sky too. You want to take this awesome war ideal away in favor of dumb soulless machines
Artillery is like long-range arrows, but bigger and they explode on impact. Skill is required to aim them and to use them properly if you want to cause maximum destruction to enemy forces.
Viruses are cool because in the past humans were defenseless against them, but now we conquered them, made our own modifications to them and generally, turned an entire species into our very own weapon. This living weapon spreads not only death, it causes terror to the enemy civilians too. It's an invisible enemy that could infect your children and you wouldn't know about it before it's too late. Viruses are the greatest balance between total terror and effectiveness. Unless the enemy knows how to cure the infection, they will be stuck in hell.

So, my basis is that wars and weapons need to be fought by humans, utilizing tech up to a limit. Once wars are fought by remote-controlled machines and robots, it's no longer a proper war. It is a safe "war" with few casualties.

Exoskeletons are no safer or skill-free than an aircraft. Some modern aircraft can get a wing blown off and you can still land it. Comparable damage to an exoskeleton will dismember you, and probably kill you. It just makes it so you can carry heavier loads farther, so you can do more of all that skillful, exciting fighting stuff. The exoskeletons mentioned in this thread aren't even armored, but supposing they were, they'd be less armored than a tank. Are tanks gay?

I've spent the past 12 years around you guys and yet I'm still disappointed.

Oh fuck I'm a nigger for not contributing

How much of a poser would i be if I rocked this as my rig?

Attached: tmp_24551-ic13arms_invrt_024884050230276772377.jpg (700x700, 387.87K)

How good is the passive retention on those mag carriers without the elastic in place? If those mags will fall out as soon as the band is removed it's worse than useless.

looks retarded

Webbing is a more general term used by the bongs. It can refer to belts, belts with suspenders, or chest mounted gear such as vests.

Personally, I'm a fan of the battle belt+chest rig combo for LBE. The belt holds the bare minimum you need to keep your rifle and yourself going in case of a chimpout/natural disaster/whatever. The chest rig is for when you need more than minimum. I like this because it distributes weight across both the waist and chest, which also keeps you from getting too bulky in any one area, while also making it easy to "layer" your gear. Instead of fiddling around with multiple configurations, tearing shit on and off one or the other, you just decide: do I need just the belt, or belt+chest? If you need even more, e.g. provisions or a shelter or some shit, throw on a light backpack.
Picrelated, not necessarily the gear I'd want on my kit but indicative of what I'm talking about.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x816, 1.2M)

This is spot on.

I prefer to layer my gear the same way. Battle belt supports the G19 with a spare magazine, 1-2 AR mags, dump pouch (can carry more AR mags in a pinch,) and also carries an IFAK and multitool. Spiritus chest rig had three AR mags, hand held light, maybe a pistol mag (I leave the pistol mag sleeves empty generally for whatever I want to stuff in them,) and the half flap secures navigation/admin shit. The dangler pouch carried an additional IFAK. Assault pack carries NODS, helmet, water, rain shell, food, more rifle magazines, comms, and first aid stuff separate from the IFAKs.

I’ll run the Spiritus either as a standalone chest rig with or without the battle belt, or separate it from the straps and clip it onto the assault pack straps. Additionally, I have a Crye JPC 1.0 with another Spiritus Chassis, setup the same way, if I want to have rifle plates. It gives me a lot of options how I want to wear the gear.

This. I'm looking at at battle belts to pair with chest rig, pic related on one model from High Speed Gear I'm focusing on. Any other brands, suggestions I should look into?

Another option I've been looking at are double belt rigs, using a smaller Velcro lined inner belt that attaches to a larger outer belt. I'm a little skeptical of how sturdy this type is depending on how much shit you have equipped on the outer belt that reduces the amount of the Velcro area that keeps it secure to the inner belt, as well as weight, though at that point with a heavy load, a battle belt would rather be warranted. Model I'm looking at has an option for MOLLE loops on it so it doesn't have to use a belt loop mounted pouch. Suspenders might help with keeping a heavier load more secure, but that just about goes full circle back to web gear.

Attached: doubleBeltRig.jpg (510x750 131.85 KB, 132.84K)

I'm currently rocking a pattern 83 chest rig for my ak74 and I'm looking for a belt. The pat 83 battle jacket is just too much for anything short of a 2 day+ patrol. I like the option of dropping the belt and pack if need be whereas the battle jacket doesn't give you the option.

I think it depends on 2 factors. Mobility requirements and whether or not you have team members with you.

Moving around a lot in weird tight spaces or lots of crawling or rolling? Mag retention is going to be more important. This is where you want the full cover velcro flap pockets or buttons.

Stationary or going on a light foot patrol?
Ease of access takes priority since the opportunity to lose mags is less. This is where bungee retainers or tight pouches become popular.

Team members change this because suddenly it's less dire if you lose one or two (more than one and you're an idiot let's be honest) magazines. Your team can carry more mags than you can alone. This makes bungee's, tight pouches, elastic pouches and mag bandoliers popular.

Attached: 20190518_154425.jpg (5312x2988 5.7 MB, 5.13M)

Just a belt? Two DDR mag pouches, a standard belt, Alice buttpack and a Y/H- strap of some sort would do for eight mags and some little junk.

The chest rig would take care of all the mags, the belt would be for an Ifak, butt pack, admin pouch and a radio pouch.

Then a standard Alice rig would be up your alley.

Alice clips seem really floppy to me but I don't have much experience with them. I've been tinkering with a flectarn lks set up but any pouch that isn't the g3 mag pouch is almost half the cost of the whole rig.

What's the recommended MOLLE plate carrier?

Budget?

Ferro Concepts Slickster
Spiritus Systems LV119 (covert or overt versions
Shellback Banshee
Mayflower APC, Low Vis Carrier, or LE plate carrier
Crye JPC
Crye AVS
First Spear Strandhögg

Personally use the earlier Crye JPC with a Spiritus Chassis and a Ferro Concepts Dangler.

Attached: B0731142-EAD2-4699-91B6-4A82CFA4D609.jpeg (750x747, 517.82K)

these are kinda unique.ebay.com/itm/ONE-PAIR-OF-OLIVE-DRAB-M1950-MILITARY-ARMY-ELASTIC-SUSPENDERS-MINT/253510275841?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

they seem a bit too short, I'm about 6'2" and 300lbs, so for pants I make a paracord "Vee" with helps distribute the lift.

Currently I'm experimenting with using two on top of each other to carry a carpenter's tool belt. They got lots of stretch so I can move the belt all around up and down real easy.

Got a cheap plate carrier I think it was condor with front, back, and side plates.
Haven't done anythig with it yet. What's a decent budget set-up for it? Just some mag pouches and a radio pouch?

Don't forget your IFAK.
An IFAK is an Individual First Aid Kit.
It should have something to make at least 2 chest shields (any thick flexible plastic will do. Think thick ziploc bag material.
Rolled bandage or gauze
Rubber gloves
GOOD duct tape
A sharpie
2 tourniquets minimum.

Attached: 15619507515982018267205688674916.jpg (4032x3024, 3.7M)

They're pretty snug things given I run with em.

Put down the fork fatty

Attached: 9cb4cb03f2bfe5b016bd8e56f76f7b7038ec2e4f73d50730a7abc3be2dbb98d1.png (306x257, 108.74K)

Does any of you have any experience with 12 gauge MOLLE pouches? Do you have any favorite?

Attached: tactical-molle-pals-16-round-12-gauge-shells-shotgun-reload-magazine-pouch-for-hunting-hiking-camping.jpg (750x750, 84.6K)

shotguns take too long to reload unless you use clips.

This board is meant for people who know how weapons and military tactics work

Shooting someone takes a lot less skill than beating them to death in hand to hand combat.

Welcome to the history of technologial advancement.

bruh you need to drop, 100 pounds yesterday

there is an american who loads his shotguns with clips, find him

Do you mean a stripper clip or a magazine?

I think he means speed loader.
But if you have to worry about reloading a shotgun, just get a mag-fed shotgun.

Why not just gave them pervitin? After all is just meth, and if my pot smoking co-workers aren't lying to me, you can do a lot of quite crazy shit while in meth.
Also: chest rigs for first responders, everything else (ALICE, PLCE) for the reinforcements.

Maybe. But I can't have a real AR-15, but I have a 10 rounds MP155, I might as well make good use of it.
The only thing close to an AR-15 that I could get is a pump rifle with STANAG mags.
Your post is very useless btw

I don't think this is the man, I remember someone older, fatter
Think a fat boomer with a beard, gillie hat and I dont know if overalls or just pants and suspenders

Attached: boomergun.png (479x361, 8.02K)

And you think the man you just described is a good authority on tactical gear and firearm accessories?

No, but that fat boomer's idea is a rock-solid solution to slow-loading or slow-to-load shotgun problem posed ITT.
A shotgun that takes clips from the bottom with a firing mechanism that discharges the spent rounds and provides a rail for the next clip.
It was a nice nigger-rigged idea, but now we have drum mags.

This?

Yes that's him exactly! My memory doesn't fail me, except the fat rotund boomer part, my bad!

If you had to carry 2 different raifus, and maybe switch between one or the other depending of the need, how would you carry them? Is there even a way to make that not awkward to manage?

If I had to carry more than one, then I'd carry one on my person, and the rest would be carried by my car (or horse if I had one and know how to ride).
Why would you do that?

Surprised something like pic related hasn't been posted yet, conserving calories post-SHTF is pretty important and something like this would do a much better job than some overcomplicated meme-tier exoskeleton.

So do you not use firearms because you can't throw bullets at 3000 meters per second?

Attached: wheel pack.png (674x392, 526.66K)

because I like to hurt myself user

I am looking for a battle belt for my ar15. I want it to be as cheap as possible, but high enough quality that I never feel regret and want to upgrade. Surplus is clumsy and durable. New shit is costly and smooth.

Needs cloth/paper tape, wounds need to breathe.

Attached: 0ac31212e62b0f4a47fdfca02e67221a731bab6ee8b4e9791956d4b232f756c5.gif (1000x1148, 21.75K)

I'm with you 1000%. One of my back-burner projects is a minimalist version using US Army Large rucksack (plastic frame) and/or Alps Commander Freighter frame (I own both) and one of two configs.

1) two small wheels, about 6", and an axle attached to bottom of frame with bungie cord. The cord is light, simple, shock absorbing, and "tune-able", and has other uses.

2)a MONO-wheel.

either system I'd like to use Trekking poles for pack-to-belt span, just to keep dual use and avoid much if any actual weight gain. So far I'm ONLY adding the weight of two wheels, everything else is dual use: poles, bungie, stiff wide belt.

I figure using poles when wheeling is ideal because wheeling will be done on mild terrain and poles needed on rough. :)

Will also make the wheels help the pack stand up straight and sit above (wet, etc) ground.

Not sure how to do a mono-wheel yet, but I think it might be good for rougher terrain.

PS-I also think you could use my 2 wheeler as a "kick scooter" on smooth surfaces, such as long walks in big airports.

Is this enough? Should I get $100 worth of more pouches?

Attached: LBK.png (899x955, 127.72K)

How do you carry a belt loop knife sheath on a MOLLE belt?

You rig an adapter out of malice clips.

ty

It certainly depends on what you're seeking to do, but just to start training you just need a rifle and ammo. Have good retention on your mags, don't want them falling out :^)

Get a bigger dump pouch, depending on how much your burning you may have to put a lot in it.

Sup Zig Forums, I need a belt/web setup for fudding around innawoods, and I'm not quite sure what to invest in.
I'd prefer modularity when it comes to pouches, piecing it together with a buttpack or even a small backpack with various other pouches around the waist.

We're required to wear orange even on private land so that's why I'm focused on a suspenders/belt setup rather than a chest rig and vest, they're very anal about coverage.

Attached: download (1).jpg (236x219, 8.78K)

I've used an ALICE belt for hunting before. It's comfy but I had to add a backpack for my food. (Dad always brought enough food for three days innawoods and a way to make a raging fire, hotshots get crazy habits after 18 years fighting fire). And remember, you can use Molle pouches on ALICE gear, you just may need to tie them off to the belt's holes to prevent sliding.

ALICE is what you're looking for or its many clones like the Swedish 304 which has fuckhuge pouches.

This is airsoft but the rig is a mk 2 clone ANA.The war belt is Condor Gen 2. Just impression of SSO and the rig is good like a cheaper TT mk 2

Attached: 20190701_210825.jpg (1424x1900, 1.35M)

is there something wrong with condor?
noob question

Borderline airshit tier.

It will work for just light use. Good to see if you like a style of gear without spending lots. It will be just fine until you spend more one something better, e.g. Haley strategic.

Attached: 8a3118581fd8be3f376e10aae5a92a7e2b85604e9abbf0f4fee365d534d9aede.mp4 (480x480, 3.2M)

really poor build quality that can't hold up to light use. great if you're trying to cosplay with your anarchist friends.

How can they charge those prices for garbage? In this day and age of cheap materials and machinery, how can people get away with making dogshit? It baffles me. You would think making something half decent, and bring up your brand, isn't that fucking impossible.

On a separate note, I'm building my weight bearing system out of various leather goods, surplus heavy duty pouches, belt, heavy suspenders, ect. Because I like belt/suspenders and I'm too old and backwards to be helped. Yet I'm asking for help on a few things the heavy leather can't do; what is a good camel pack to go with my modern ruck, what is the best choice for canteen with new materials, what is a plate carrier that isn't shit and isn't full of tactiool stuff, what are good quality knee and elbow pads? What are good new things that work well with a battle belt?

Because people pay for it.
Suspenders and belt are big brain. I can't think of anything new and fancy that wasn't on a MOLLE setup. The plate carrier I use is a Ronin Tactics Assaulter Lite. Doesn't have a ton of bullshit on it but you can stick side plate pouches on pretty easily. I also use suspenders and belt with my plate carrier and I'm able to use the two in conjunction without any problems as it's very low profile.

Streloks, see this file for your LBE needs

I picked up a US army surplus FLC with standard rifleman pouches in UCP, primed it gray, painted it OD green, re-arranged the pouches for my purposes, added an IFAK / trauma kit and a 2x pistol mag pouch and an admin pouch.

Considering I am not military, I don't have a need for high end tactical gear that I will probably never use. The LBV has two CAT TQs, is currently holding 10 AR mags, 2 additional pistol mags and has extra pouch space available for whatever various accouterments I might need. I paid $40 for the standard LBV from a surplus store, got the IFAK pouch for $15, pistol pouch for $15, admin pouch for $15. Whole thing ran less than a hundred bucks. In addition to this I have a cheap $10 pistol belt holding two additonal pistol mags with a cheap $20 universal holster. I also have a separate 12 hr pack / hydration carrier with room for some snacks, a tarp, sniper netting and spare ammo that cost about $40. I don't have any pictures available and I'm not in a rush to take any.

No that should be great you're all ready to head down to the mall.

Because 90% of the people who buy their shit wear it once around the house, take a few pictures then shove it in a closet to rot forever.

Profit margins are great if you can turn a few cents of materials ino a couple dozen dollars. That's what chinese manufacturing is all about.