What exact parts of the Mosaic Law were abrogated by the New Covenant and which should be still observed?

What exact parts of the Mosaic Law were abrogated by the New Covenant and which should be still observed?
Preferrably back this answer up with Scripture. Thsnks brothers in Christ.

Attached: E49C9136-1164-4484-B472-6487263554A6.jpeg (384x384, 68.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bible.ca/7-sabbathgate-1888ad-Kerry-Wynne.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did Jesus say? Read your Bible.

Zig Forums - No Questions Allowed

I apologize if I was patronizing, I hope you will forgive me.

The answer to your question is somewhere in the four Gospels. Jesus says something that all of Moses' commandments hangs upon two precepts. Also read the Book of Isaiah where God condemns Israelites for being ritualistic instead of truly following God in their hearts. Hope this answers your question and why it is important to put in the effort to read your Bible.

Attached: caesar.jpg (466x500, 125.43K)

The moral law (ten commandments) is still in force, as it always has and always will be; but the specific aspects of worship practiced by the Jews in the OT are no longer necessary and are not a means to grace. Letter to Hebrews as a whole describes how the sacrifices those Jews made at the altar have been replaced totally by the sacrifice of Christ.
Heb 9:13,14

Have some charity user and climb down off that high horse. Why so condescending?

The Moral Law (the decalogue and everything pertaining to it) is eternal.
The ceremonial and judicial aspects of the Law, however, have been abrogated.

This means everything from stoning adulterers, telling mentruating women to leave town, mixing fibres and crops, marrying daughters to their pre-marital fornicators, dietary and sanitary prohibitions, blood sacrifices for atonement of sins etc. are no longer valid.
Ironically enough, the sort of things non-/anti-Christians accuse us of "picking and choosing."

The Law was given by Christ, so anything not explicitely overturn, such as divorce and pork eating, must be kept.

Sabbath is in the law. Clearly, it's more complicated than this, as Mark 23-28 demonstrate. The law exists to show us our failings, but to see how we can fulfill it, see Mt 22 and John 15. What do you see there?

Sabbath is Moral Law though. It's literally one of the Commandments, and is eternal, which is what I already said.

But I suppose it can the Sabbath day can be kept either in Saturday or Sunday (Lord's Day)? Why do Seventh-Day Adventists make such a tremendous deal out of this?

Most of Leviticus simply because there isn't any need for purification before entering the tabernacle, or rules about sacrifice, etc. Even the modern day "Jews" don't follow those rules because there isn't any practical way to.

Moral law is eternal, 10 commandments, also the Golden rule, treating others as you would be treated.

" And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40

The ceremonial and sacrificial laws have been fulfilled (Matthew 5:17) so we are not made righteous by sacrificing our foreskins or abstain from sea food, but instead we must circumcise our hearts, [Romans 2:25-29] because we have a new covenant. We are under grace, romans 6:14.

'"In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away" heb 8:13

SDA have heresies in their teachings.

Jerry Seinfeld: What's up with Adventists??
[laugh track]
"Like, why are they so strictly Sabbatharian when there's Colossians 2:16-17"

Not even a joke, legitly serious, they must have their strange reasoning
[laugh track intensifies]

Attached: download.jpeg (230x219, 5.98K)

Yes, something about the year 1844.

Isn't Colossians 2:16-17 using a phraseology that almost always referred to the ceremonial Sabbaths?

It's especially strange since one of the big themes of Jesus ministry was rebuking the pharisees for being overly legalistic and ignoring the spirit of the law. They tried to score points by continually accusing him of working on the Sabbath and Jesus response each time was "So what? There are more important things. The sabbath is for your sake, don't use it as an excuse to let people suffer unnecessarily". Being all anal about which specific day it is seems to be crossing dangerously close to that pointless legalistic attitude that Jesus said was wrong

I don't defend my behavior, but the question that OP asks is very obviously written in the Bible. All I'm saying is, instead of spending hours of your time reading what other anonymous people write in an online imageboard, why not spend that time reading the Word of God?

Reminds me of some very specific denominations.
I do get quite autistic about dates, though, especially due to Matthew 7:13-14, interpreting it in a very legalistic way.

Went to an Adventist High School (never converted though), and their reasoning is some scattered passages in Jeremiah and that God told their Prophetess Ellen White that keeping the sabbath would separate those who have the seal of God from those who have the mark of the beast (which they concider following “papal edicts” on Sunday worship and so on).

Although it’s written by what I assume are campbellites this book explains the faulty logic of Seventh-Day sabbath keeping in a fairly rigorous way: bible.ca/7-sabbathgate-1888ad-Kerry-Wynne.htm

Wat

Wait…but if the gift of Prophecy is still alive today how do we know that load of bullsh*t Ellen White prophetized isn't wrong?

cause it didn't come true

The gift of prophecy has always been alive, it's your own fault if you don't do your due diligence in testing a prophetic utterance. There are many times in the Bible regarding the discussion between a prophet of God and a false prophet. The same applies to the gift of teaching as well. Is it all Joel Osteen's fault that he has such a large congregation that is willing to throw money at him to preach a false gospel?

Wow lets just worship Moses screw christ he's not a real messiah amirite guys? Thanks brothers in christ.

Attached: jew rubbing.jpg (185x250, 2.81K)

No, but what he does with that money is 100% on him.

At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath.” 3 But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he became hungry, he and his companions, 4 how he entered the house of God, and they ate the consecrated bread, which was not lawful for him to eat nor for those with him, but for the priests alone? 5 “Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent? 6 “But I say to you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 “But if you had known what this means, ‘I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE,’ you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 “For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Christ is Lord of the Sabbath, and he said we could do what we needed to do on it.

Not sure what that's supposed to mean. Colossians 2:16-18 is pretty clear that the aforementioned were a shadow of things to come and people who intrude into things they have not seen are just trying to beguile you. And yeah, I emphasize the word NOT seen because modern versions make Colossians 2:18 say they actually have seen.

Yeah I know. Their autism is a good way to tell them apart.
Romans 14:5-6
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

1 Corinthians 16:2
Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Also just so you remember the sabbath is the last day of the week, being the seventh day when God rested.

The Apostles wrote in The Didache that we are to have alms sweat in our hands, meaning we need to think very carefully and take into prayerful consideration who we give our money to. Both parties are equally to blame in that situation.

Osteen is worth $40 million. I think he should be able to figure out what to do with all that money. He's been hanging onto it for quite a while.

Pretty much all of it, here are the verses:
Acts 15:5-11
Colossians 2:16-17
Galatians 3:1-25

What one should do under the New Testament:
Matthew 7:1-2 (basically don’t be a hypocrite)
Matthew 7:12
Luke 10:27
Acts 15:19-20
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
1 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV)
Colossians 3:9

winnie the pooh kikes and adventists in this thread I swear