Was the Pentateuch inspired by Hammurabi?

This thread contains two questions/topics to discuss.

avalon.law.yale.edu/ancient/hamframe.asp

Assuming the traditional authorship of the Pentateuch, the dates for when the Exodus would have occurred according to the available Biblical data suggests a time period from no more than 1550 B.C. and no less than 1150 B.C., with the mid 13th century B.C. (roughly 1250 B.C. give or take a decade) being the most likely time period as to when the Exodus occurred and the mid 15th century B.C. (1450 B.C. give or take a decade) being the second most likely. This means that the Pentateuch would've been written around this time period(s) spanning 40 years.

Hammurabi (1810 B.C. - 1750 B.C.; rule 1792 B.C. - 1750 B.C.) at the very least would've reigned around 200 years before the events of the Exodus and at the very most would've reigned around 600 years before the events of the Exodus with around 500 years before the events of the Exodus being most likely and 300 years before the event as being the second most likely.

This is all assuming the traditional authorship of the Pentateuch without taking into considering the so called Documentary hypothesis (JEPD) or it's various revised forms. The documentary hypothesis typically dates the composition of the Pentateuch in between 1000 B.C. and 350 B.C having been composed by two to four different sources.

Were the biblical texts inspired by the code of Hammurabi in some regards? The laws of the Pentateuch are actually pretty darn generous when compared to a lot of the things founds in Hammurabi, still in this regard it just looks like perhaps there might've been some influence, even the wording is similar.

Also, another add on question. Multiple times throughout the text it refers to "God", not "the gods" or "a god", but literally God. For example:

Now I don't know much about Babylonian mythology, and maybe there is something in the text that I missed or maybe it's a translation error (despite appearing numerous times throughout the text and in different translations as well) but, what do you think this could mean? Obviously they're polytheist idol worshipers yet even they seem to take note of "God". Seriously, what could this possibly mean?

Attached: 6859915.jpeg (488x365, 105.35K)

Attached: e58.jpg (276x183, 7.78K)

careful, if you question the primacy of the old testament here you get banned. even if you have a superior argument than the admin himself can muster.

I am not in any way attempting to be disrespectful to the holy scriptures, I simply wanted to create a discussion over this issue and hopefully receive some answers.

If we are to believe that the Bible is true than and argument could be made that Hammarabi and Gilgamesh are recording the same events and laws as the Bible, albeit in from a Christian perspective, a corrupted way. To peraphrase several Church Fathers, man has always had a little bit of God’s truth in culture, it’s just that Christianity contains the fullness of truth.

A lot of people on Zig Forums are confused when they see similarities between ancient texts, and that itself is confusing. Keep in mind Wisdom 6:12-16:

Attached: euphoria.jpg (500x638, 42.6K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (480x480, 378.11K)

The Bible makes reference to numerous people that lived in that period and who worshipped God and were not Israelites, such as Melchizedek.

I want this meme to die.

>Hammu(((rabi)))

(((They))) forged this whole thing. Hammurabbi never existed nor did this code of his. (((They))) forged it to make it look like the Bible plagiarized.

Well, I'll only skimmed your post. But from what I can gather there are multiple approaches one can take to this.
1. It's the other way around

2. They independently came up with the same rule, not unheard of if said rule is a good idea

3.They worshipped God
King Darius would be an example of a babalonian who worshipped God, I would even say Hammurabi was inspired by him if not that I don't know when King Darius ruled.

does OP not know that Moses wrote the pentateuch?

What a purely Christian set of replies, no other religions adherents would reply to my post like that, just Christians.

If we take the Eruption of Thera as coinciding with the plague of darkness (this also lines up the destruction of Jericho with the carbon dating of the walls of Jericho), then we're looking at around 1650BC to 1550BC.

Most of the Israelites were polythestic - it is possible that God revealed himself to the Babylonians, as he did to many others (e.g. the Assyrians of Nineveh through the prophet Jonah). Abraham knew about God before he was called in the book of Genesis - he wasn't a polytheist before God spoke to him. I have no doubt that other groups of people have known about God throughout the ages.

I wouldn't say that. It's likely he could have arrived at the same kind of morality through reason, like how Plato had some correct conclusions about the nature of God.

Yeah you know your scripture.

It's not "broken". He came to fulfill the old law, not destroy it. The Pentatuch isn't some kind of hoax or mistake.

Where does the bible say that?

Why are atheists like this?

They think they know Christianity better then Christians.
Such Atheism is a religion of arrogance

What does Zig Forums think of Atenism?

Attached: 1200px-Aten.svg.png (1200x510, 82.96K)

Correct about there being one God, but that's it. Died with the pharaoh that came up with it.