You know

" And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. "

Hmmmm, don't know pal, sounds like the rock is an actual rock being used as a symbol of the humble beginnings of the church in the worth of a lone boulder, while having the strength as such in the backlash of evil.

Attached: 4ea18faea1146a8862d9cb4f492fef979f877fedb4ad612d9aecec572e7bd896.gif (320x213, 1.24M)

Peters name literally means "rock"

Yeah but it was all symbolic right. Bishops just sprang out of the ground even though we know they were around at the time of the apostles.

The Bible does not mention Peter as ever going to Rome, and there is no early Christian record of this being the case. Even at the end of the first century, the author of 1 Clement appears unaware that St. Peter ever came to Rome. Written from Rome, 1 Clement mentions Peter's 'many labours' and makes a general comment about Peter's death, without mentioning Rome: "There was Peter who by reason of unrighteous jealousy endured not one not one but many labours, and thus having borne his testimony went to his appointed place of glory." Rex Wyler, in The Jesus Sayings, page 252, says the legend that Peter visited Rome appears in the non-canonical Acts of Peter, composed in about 185 CE. Eusebius embellishes this report two centuries later by adding that both Peter and Paul were executed in Rome during Nero's persecutions, but he cites no source and gives an erroneous date, casting doubt on his research.

The Bible never mentions the deaths of most of the apostles yet we know they were martyred.

Why would he? Back then nobody had any idea that there would eventually be a retarded bunch of schismatics who accepted the writings of the apostles but denied their traditions. It was a given.

Episcopal succession is passed by ancient tradition by the laying on of hands. How is papal succession passed, and how was that ordained?

Are the documents of Vatican 2 infallable? Is Humane Vitae infallible?

True, but in the original language the "rock" has a different meaning than "peter". An accerate translation would be
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this unmovable stone I will build my congregation; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it

Daily reminder that Gregory the Great considered the Apostolic See to contain the bishops of Rome, Alexandria, and Antioch.

And England.We all know how well that went.

Guess who He asked to be shepherd to His flock?

Jesus would ask any of his flock to help feed his flock, and others.
Did he ever say "Peter is the good sheperd?"

Each and every minister?

So was Peter a literal rock? I mean, if the bread and wine are literally flesh and blood then…

Golem Peter confirmed

Attached: Голем-3.jpg (1091x1200, 167.48K)

The apostolic Church wasn't literalist, they knew the distinction on teachings because they had the Apostles and men who succeeded them from that time.

Accordingly, they believed St. Peter was proclaimed Cephas, and that the Eucharist was literal. Don't like it? Take up your torch on the Apostles, perhaps we'll see where God stands.

The Bible never mentions America or Canada, I suppose they don't exist either.

Wouldn't that be clay?

Mandatory priestly celibacy is an innovation and its fruits are ruinous.

Priests are an innovation before there were only Deacons and Bishops the Bishops were clearly the apostles who in Acts changed Doctrine to accommodate Gentiles. The Apostles the ones who spoke the very Bible that was written agreed on these things.

I'm honestly done arguing with Protestants on this board. If they refuse the words of the Apostles but acknowledge the Bible despite the Apostles being the ones who spoke the words that were written down then I care not. They can find out for themselves.

Well, I mean, saying Canada is a real country is quite a stretch.

And then his successors became corrupt asswipes, just like the Pharisees. So they were abandoned, just like the Pharisees.