Dormition of the holy Theotokos

Who's getting ready for the Dormition of the Theotokos (Assumption of Mary for Latins)? Anyone following the fast? Remember: No meat, no dairy, no products containing meat and dairy, no fish with scales or backbones, no oil, and no wine or alcohol. Oil and wine are allowed on weekends though.

Attached: Dormition_0.jpg (868x536, 106.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lacopts.org/orthodoxy/our-faith/the-holy-virgin-mary/saint-mary-in-the-orthodox-concept/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

At least do some reading before looking like a jackass.

I am ready as best as I can be. It really isn't that bad. Hummus and pita chips, salsa, vegetable soups, meatless taco salads.

I am trying to fast but it is difficult since I am the guest in a household for the duration of the fast. I usually just try to eat little during the day in preparation for the dinner that they always serve. Not really sure what else to do tbh.

I am just beginning to learn the faith more after the V2 teachings failed to teach me anything so thank you for telling me their is a fast Orthobro.

There are some local differences. In my local Church oil is permitted except 3 days before a communion.

The original text says "more than that" prior to Jesus' response.

This makes me ashamed to have been the son of an IFB pastor. It's so terrifyingly common.

Oh dear, I guess poor user is just retarded. Orthodox don't always and shouldn't believe in the assumption of Mary - she lived a perfect life, as the Church has recognized until it was infected by liberalism, and died peacefully.

We will show it as soon as you show us "Everything have to be in the Bible" verse.
Also it should be: 'But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it."
Menounge, imo vero, yes indeed. Our Saviour does not here wish to deny what the woman had said, but rather to confirm it: indeed how could he deny, as Calvin impiously maintained, that his mother was blessed? By these words, he only wishes to tell his auditors what great advantage they might obtain by attending to his words. For the blessed Virgin, as S. Augustine says, was more happy in having our Saviour in her heart and affections, than in having conceived him in her womb.

"As the most glorious Mother of Christ, our Savior and God and the giver of life and immortality, has been endowed with life by him, she has received an eternal incorruptibility of the body together with him who has raised her up from the tomb and has taken her up to himself in a way known only to him."
St. Germanus of Constantinople
"God, the King of the universe, has granted you favors that surpass nature. As he kept you a virgin in childbirth, thus he has kept your body incorrupt in the tomb and has glorified it by his divine act of transferring it from the tomb."
Byzantine liturgy

Denying your own traditions, taken from Apostolic Deposit of Faith, that you yourself bring to West, only because Catholics made them dogma is childish and prideful in arch-greek fashion

Nobody does this. Dont believe what jokers tell you.
Ha-ha! Who cares about Catholics? They don't exist. But realy man, to think that you are so important is childish and prideful in arch-roman fashion.

Yes.

My spiritual father says it’s fine if I consume oil during fast dates. I don’t drink alcohol or eat meat and dairy though.

It's an apostolic oral tradition among all Apostolic Churches you mongoloid.
Here, Copts have the full story here
lacopts.org/orthodoxy/our-faith/the-holy-virgin-mary/saint-mary-in-the-orthodox-concept/

my spiritual father said that if you are a guest in someone's house then you should just eat as they do. So it sounds like you're doing just fine!

I made vegetarian chili and I'm going to have a go at paella next week I think. Hardest part for me is lunch so I'm thinking of making salads. In addition to fasting from foods, I decided that I will read "The Ladder of Divine Ascent" during this fast.

Since this is the best thread for it. Remember all Catholics tomorrow the 14th is a day of fasting and the 15th is a Day of Obligation.

I think that's only in certain countries, as we've never had to fast outside of Lent and Good Friday.

Get good and have faith in the Lord.

HELP can I attend my local Eastern Rite Catholic Mass on Wednesday, which calls it the Dormition of the Theotokos, and fulfill my obligation to attend the Feast of the Assumption in the Latin Rite? I'm assuming it would, since Byzantine Catholic churches are in communion with il Papa but I would like confirmation from brothers.

You are fine heck you’d be fine at an Orthodox Church you just couldn’t receive the Eucharist.

Here let this ease your mind as well.

Fantastic, it does ease my mind. The priest mentioned it at Mass Sunday as if it was assumed it was acceptable as a non-Eastern Rite Catholic. I figured you could attend any Eastern Rite Mass, because what else would the point be? If it conflicts, it wouldn't be in communion…So that's it, it's settled! Thanks user.

Generally here is how it should go as a Roman Catholic in a pinch if you need to fulfill a day of obligation RCC, Eastern Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, Any of the Other Orthodox will all fulfill the obligation you just can't receive the Eucharist at them which you are only required to receive the Eucharist once a year during Easter anyway so eh it's not a huge deal.

*can't receive the Eucharist at some of them

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1484750631165.jpg (939x891, 261.07K)

As long as it is Catholic or Orthodox you will fulfill the obligation. The Lord has given you this opportunity for a reason.