How to keep innocence?

I got my agnostic girl friend to actually start reading the Bible cover to cover on her own time. For the most part things have been going smooth, but I guess one day she got confused about a particular book and she thought (((Wikipedia))) was a good source to go to for answers but instead found that it had what (((scholars))) believe about it. Then she came to me questioning me about the veracity of the Bible. I had to do my best to explain it to her. She's still in the Old Testament though, so she's still kinda naive about how the Old Testament should be read in the first place.

It's not that I want to hide her from these things it's just that I don't feel like a person in her situation is ready for it because she's still not 100% there and even if she was she'd still be pretty new and rather fragile. When spiritual maturity hits then yeah that would be a good time but I just don't want her going off on me again when I'm so close this time to getting her to accept Christ. I also don't want to just say, "Well only come to me specifically for answers and don't go on these kinds of sites" because I don't want to seem like I'm hiding anything from her which would just make her question things more. I sincerely want to be honest about this but as previously stated she's clearly not ready for all of this especially at her stage.

Seriously what should I do?

Attached: people-2603858_960_720.jpg (960x639, 75.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/saving-judith-and-tobit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what specifically did she ask about?
Also, is this GF or Friend who happens to be a Girl?

It's my GF.

She read through the Book of Judith and got confused on the exact chronology in relation to the other books. So she went to (((Wikipedia))) and read this:

This didn't spark her to question just this book but the whole Bible. "If one book is not trustworthy then why should the others be considered trustworthy?" she asked me.

Well, i'm baptist, so I can't really help you with your deuterocannon. use a better bible, i guess.

Attached: came_here_for_a_giggle.png (816x587, 93.58K)

Not having the full truth of Scripture should be a cause of concern for you instead of pride.

Not every book of Scripture is taken as literal, the book of Jonah is taken as an allegory by most.

Another example of an allegorical work, would be the Song of Solomon/Canticle of Canticles.

Well, evidently, it doesn't help in some cases. I should probably read some of the dueterocannon anyways. I've always heard Wisdom is pretty good.

I know you want to sound smart, but you'd have to actually produce some substantive here.

Why yes, just like a Stephen King novel or something.

I hope people take you as an allegory.

i don't get it

Attached: 1444615028004.gif (300x167, 1.27M)

That was good.

Attached: seal.png (500x332, 207.58K)

Thanx my man.

Attached: 061e0627b.jpg (750x754, 98.36K)

you rascally protestants and your meme pictures have destroyed me and my arguments again!

Hes right though, the bible is largely allegorical.

kek

Attached: f294dac45aa5caa1c8cebd11bcbe9be9a7183d0fbcd98583a9ee2c169421cf53.png (500x375, 254.69K)

What I was referring to was that the inclusion of dueterocannon certainly didn't help your GF. That's why I used the word evidently. Because you already provided an (admittedly anecdotal) piece of evidence against the inclusion of deuterocannon. Do you understand now?
If I were you, I would be glad I was even considering reading the apocrypha, given how common rabid KJV-only baptists are on this board.

Not Catholic but consider reading this:
catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/saving-judith-and-tobit

People who aren’t Christians should start with the NT. It’s a much better introduction. If you want to get to know someone, do you read their entire family history leading up to him, or learn the story of his life?

im not OP

Stop reading a book cut up because kikes told Luther to.

I think it's a bad idea to make someone read the Bible cover to cover. Start with something like the Gospel of Luke and read outwards.

Attached: 1532672855903.png (1000x1200, 43.53K)

I agree OP. I think Jesus first, then the rest can be more easily understood. Be sure and explain to her the Bible is necesarrily one book, but a collection of different books. The Old Testament is a collection of stories, songs, parables and such of Jesus' people before Jesus arrived here.