The point of Catholic dogma is it doesn’t change, and it’s all part of one great continuity...

The point of Catholic dogma is it doesn’t change, and it’s all part of one great continuity. Pope Francis has declared the death penalty wrong in all cases, going against the previously established dogma of the Catholic Church. How then is the Catholic Church a representative of the unchanging God?

Attached: 7FC58E1C-41D7-4991-A658-EC52EEF1EDA0.png (1600x900, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

barnhardt.biz/2017/01/16/cutting-the-crap-31-questions-and-blunt-answers-about-the-catholic-church-and-antipope-bergoglio/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because the death penalty isn't an infallible dogma.

Try again.

It’s in the catechism of the Catholic Church. If it’s not an infallible dogma, why has the church always taught and promoted it? Why didn’t God protect the church from error?

The thing I've noticed recently is strong faithful Catholics talk like Protestants, they're steeped in scripture. Weak Catholics talk like Unitarians.

The DP is not infallible dogma.
It doesn't matter if it is in the catechism. That doeument contains infallible teachings, but is itself not infallible.

Really? I see a lot of weak Catholics talk like gnostics, where the OT God is big, mean, and bad, and Jesus is a totally different God, the hippy that we totally should follow and is nothing like the grumpy cloud santa from the OT.

Just to clarify, I believe nothing posted above myself. Jesus is the same God of the Old and New Testament.

Check'em

if you want unchanging theology, get it from the unchanging bible

That too, sadly. By Unitarians, I mostly mean using tradition not as a living voice but as a choose-your-own-adventure book to support whatever.

I get it now.

So where are the secret infallible teaches of the church? In the minds of select trad caths?

Pope Celestine III allowed the divorce of marriages considered valid and sacramental if one member left the faith. He made this error as part of his teaching office. His error was included in Quinque Libri Decretalium, the first ever collection of canon law. The Papal Bull of Gregory IX, Rex Pacificus, which promulgated the Decretals, gave “full juridical value as a law text” to “each and every chapter in its dispositive part” meaning that Pope Celestine's misunderstanding of marriage was part of infallible teaching for many centuries. Basically: the dogma is unchanging until it changes, where it becomes a new unchanging dogma and we pretend it never was the old dogma. That's as far as I have it figured out.

barnhardt.biz/2017/01/16/cutting-the-crap-31-questions-and-blunt-answers-about-the-catholic-church-and-antipope-bergoglio/
Is she right about Benedict's resignation being invalid?

I used to think Calvinists were autistic legalists but the jewish lawyering spirit is strongest among the Roman papal elite.

Here is a list of them, plus some more which are not yet defined.

It is entirely possible the pope is in error. It's not a novelty, but we should pray that he be corrected and repent, not start foaming at the mouth and calling for schism.

Some future predicting saint said in the mind of Enoch, who will return to Earth and restore the church. Enoch is /ourguy/, jews btfo.

I have serious doubts about the very first question - was the St Gallen mafia even a thing after BXVI's elevation? I'm gonna need something stronger than the existence of dissident cardinals, which everyone knows, and something in Italian. As stands it looks like so much qanon tier conspiracy theorizing.

It's a bit of a stretch to call this change a "dogma," but it certainly reflects the absurdity of this man's papacy.
After all, if capital punishment is an attack on the dignity of the human person, then the church has been wrong about this for millenia.
Not only that, but God prescribed capital punishment in the OT, so it can't be that much of an attack on human dignity.
Now, this change would be bad enough, but Pope Francis also said that life imprisonment should also be done away with.
Let that sink in. He not only wants the death penalty abolished, but life imprisonment too.

It would seem to be an attack on human dignity to not have the most serious punishments for the most serious crimes.

Not that I'm for the death penalty, I'm not, I think the JPII position had it just right. It's acceptable in principle but dangerous to put in the hands of fallible humans popes only :^).

The EU is a mangy dog. A bit generous to call it an empire.

It is an infallible tradition.

It's a doctrinal error, had Pope Francis declared it ex cathedra, then he would be in formal heresy.

Councils and Tradition. Do you even know anything about Catholicism?