James 2:24

Thoughts?

Attached: OC 3.jpg (985x988, 373.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQmPLJqJcGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Luther wanted to remove James for a reason.

Hebrews too; I wonder why…

Attached: OC.jpg (985x988, 370.68K)

Living Faith is an abiding in Christ, a soldier's disposition towards his Master and his teachings, one of allegiance and submission. This faith keeps commandments and is inseperable from righteous fruit. It is a mode of being in the world.

Faith as mere mental agreement is dead. This is the faith that engenders the Faith vs Works arguments. Which are silly.

First of all, I would like to say that even James believes that we are justified by faith. If you read James 2:23 it will be made clear.

Cont

This post is getting kinda long so I'll quickly deal with James 2:21 and vs 24. Vs21 says "was not our father justified by faith alone" but this does need explaining since not only will James contradicting himself in vs 23 but also Paul in Romans 4:3:

Why is he so smug?

E for effort.

Then that means Peter's in hell

Attached: BE70328A-873D-427C-9866-D995FCAC5105.jpeg (786x3099, 248.02K)

Laughable. Is this who you call when you've lost? So, the first point he makes us that James 2:21 isn't talking about being justified in the sight of men, which it is, because vs 22 is referring to genesis 22 falls short once you realise that Abraham was actually justified in genesis 15 when he believed. This was when it was credited to him as righteousness as seen by Romans 4:2 and James 2:23. The what happened in genesis 15 was that the now made righteous Abraham was exhibiting his righteous state in the open to men. Having Isaiah 64:6 in mind:
And Romans 3:10
You'll see that prior to bring a unregenerate reprobate, he was incapable of doing any good in God's sight. But now that he was justified, he was able to do good works by the power of God:
Philippians 2:12-13
This is further proven by the point I made earlier with the Greek word (dikaioó) which has a range of meanings and one of them is to recognise a previously righteous person as righteous through their work. And there was one person who did see Abrahams work and that was Isaac.

The fact that he quotes vs23 without knowing what he's talking about really makes me question his iq. James is saying that Abraham was justified by faith but was declared righteous by His work. To be justified is to turn from being an enemy of God to a friend of God and to be declared righteous is to have your righteous state be declared to the world by your action. It does not save you but gives evidence of your justified state.

He's makes the statement that Catholics can have their justification increased, which only really makes me question the Catholic position more since hebrews 10:10 says:

He absolutely does not understand what he's reading. He makes the statement that James 2:14 is talking about attaining justification, which is laughable, but the person being described is clearly not justified. Even the use of the article proves this as stated earlier.

Lol, I love how he caricatures the verse to make it go inline with what he's saying. First of all, James is saying that a nine saving faith, a faith that is only by mouth and not by heart, if it does not works is dead. He's a real trickster I can see but I see through it. THAT'S EXACTLY THE POINT JAMES IS MAKING.

His points about James 2:21 and 24 I already explained in my earlier post but about Martin Luther, he ended up adding James to his German translation of the bible.

Also, here's a good vid for you to watch:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQmPLJqJcGE

How? He repented and came back. The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the holy Spirit and a true believer can even experience backsliding. But due to the secure hands of God, Christ will lose none that the Father has given Him.

MemeFamilyMonastery

Attached: el homero.png (757x632, 349.19K)

None of those verses are about faith alone. In face some of them even suggest not faith alone.

"Epistle of straw" lol

Feels gud bro.

Attached: evangelical theology.png (1005x79, 15.81K)

Catholics should tongue Francis' anus

You don't know what sola fide is do you? Pathetic.