Mocked for being Christian

Started reading scriptures and being invested in Christianity in general, and some members of my family, who are known Pagans (and tarots readers et cetera) are mocking me for it. I wouldn't mind, and I pray for them, but I would just like to know if fellow anons here had the same experience and had tips on how to deal with it. Thank you!

Attached: dante.jpg (2150x2638, 1.01M)

The Bible talks about this a lot, like for example: John 15:18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."

I don't have a similar experience, other than having the few friends I have treat me like an idiot because I want to get along with God. The point I want to make though is that yes, you will get rejected by people for the sole purpose of being a follower of Christ, but don't let that stop you, keep on walking until the end and you will make it. Hold on to the life you have in Lord Jesus Christ, and don't let go.

Don't take it too stressfully though, or you'll get very tired and sad. Study the bible and pray, but don't think that you have to achieve some sort of big accomplishments to be accepted by God, just stay faithful to him and he can use you.

So, they're kooks by normie standards? Hate to see that tidbit about them come out into public for open mockery…

Thank you user.

Attached: 051129c_014.jpg (650x811, 96.43K)

I don't want to mock or shame them for that, and it's not like they're hiding it, but people in general don't really care.

Attached: inf.2.70.dore.jpg (650x814, 169.98K)

Perhaps you should get them to read Meditations on the Tarot.

My father stopped speaking to me when I asked him to attend church with me.

He spends all day drinking and watching wicked television and gets extremely angry when even asked about religion.

How do I cope with it? I thank for saving me from hellfire and know that not everyone, even immediate family members will potentially not be saved when the time comes.

I trust in God's perfect judgement and not my own desires to see him saved.

*I thank Jesus

I'm a teacher and used to work at a school where almost half the pupils were muslims, a lot of atheïsts and only a few chose to get the subject 'Roman catholic religion'. (Belgium)

The mocking never lasts. But I will admit that it can be though at times. What really gets me in a positive mindset is visiting one of the two abbeys close to me (max 7 kilometers). You can often ask to stay a few days at abbeys and it's a great way of connecting with likeminded people. All kinds of denominations visit as well. I hope you have something like this nearby.

My own teacher used to say that todays christians need something solid to lean back on when times get though. Be it reading the Bible, family, helping at some christian charity or whatever. Try to find yours and good luck.

This is the first steps of a Saint. God bless you OP

Thank you, bless you.

Still not baptized/converted so that would be pretty hard, but thank you!

Attached: limbo.jpg (650x536, 148.81K)

I know how you feel, OP. My dad thinks I'm a fanatic because I said that sexual activity outside of marriage was wrong. Here in Latin America, more than in Europe or the US, we have this "muh dick" macho culture, so chastity is frowned upon.

Praying for you, have strength. But isn't Latin America very Catholic, or Chrisitian at least ? It should be more widely accepted.

Thank you user, I appreciate it.

Most of Latin America is Catholic/Christian, but it's complicated. For instance, abortion and homosexuality are really frowned upon in most of the continent (see Argentina's vote on abortion - bear in mind that's one of the most liberal countries in LatAm). On the other hand, fornication is everywhere and even self described Christian women dress immodestly.

Of course that doesn't applies to Cuba (where my family is from), because 50 years of communism morally destroyed the Cuban people. They're turbo-degenerate.

As a man living in LatAm I can assure you, we are Christian only in name, for the most part. Devoted people do exists but the mayority are cultural at best.

Mock them for behaving like such faggots.

This. A lot of people have converted to Catholicism because of that book

You will have a huge family in heaven user. All Christians are your family here on earth and in heaven.

We were a century ago, but degeneracy hit us hard. Every single place that has the eletric jew (television) can be assumed to be lost. I hope to find a job in a very small rural town to find true catholics, because most of those who are on the cities are cultural ones at best.

Being mocked for your faith is praise in the sight of God.

You should remind your father that Jesus Christ lived, died, and rose again a most pure and holy virgin.

this.

How can you feel bad being mocked by literal larping pagans in 2018. That's like feeling bad that a midget called you short. They are the most ridiculous people ever.

I don't feel bad, or if it's the case, it's for them more than anyone else.
And yes, they are indeed ridiculous, but they have a belief as hard as steel. Watching hours and hours on end of mediums talking about the after-life and such.

But what I think is the most ridiculous is that one of them often talks about Jesus, and how He wasn't actually a Christian (…), and if He were to exist today, He would be on their side, her evidence being the Essenes, and Him being also a follower of Bouddahs' teachings.

Attached: 051129c_015.jpg (650x796, 122.45K)

I wouldn't mind being mocked for being a Christian. My issue is when people think it's "cute" that I pray to God. That's when I want to hide.
With regards to being looked down upon, my hierarchy is:
Pity > Derision > Disgust

I'm a mom of two, pregnant with my third. I lurk here a lot. I recently joined a public forum for expectant mothers due in early 2019.

Today I stood up for Christianity in a thread where a bunch of atheists were talking about how "cringey" it is when someone offers to pray for them, how all the "invoking God and prayers kinda makes [them] gag," how "intelligent" atheists are, how "backwards" religious people are, etc.

It was so disheartening. They are honestly so cruel. I became a Christian two years ago and I can't believe how nasty people can be when I stick up for God – and I did it in a really peaceful, reasonable way. Honestly it seems like they're under a collective spell of narcissism and sociopathy.

It hurts and it makes me want to avoid talking to them altogether – but then I feel compelled to speak up to correct their mischaracterization of Christianity, and of Christ.

No point to my posting this besides the fact that I tried to do what's right and the reaction I received was horrible. So I came here to lick my wounds. I will just spend some time in focused prayer tonight when I go to bed.

Also I know there are tons of Christian women on that board but very of them spoke up, which I found disappointing.

Anyway. Back to lurking.

As a Cuban, I wish I could get angry at you for being wrong but you’re not. Communism is vermin.

Not mocked but u can hear the disdain in some of my family's voices when they talk about it. What surprises me every time is hearing it from my grandparents.

welcome to my life on the internet. i keep trying to stick up for christianity etc on the internet when i think it might be useful. it's pretty stressful, but after doing it for a while, it has gotten easier. i do believe that at least my intentions are good and it's a good thing to stick up for the faith. as an upside, when dealing with people in real life, they have a very hard time debating or pulling up nonsense tactics, and i'm well versed in most of the common polemics. in general i've kept getting more educated and come up with better arguments etc. so despite it being difficult, i feel like it has improved my knowledge a lot, and also it's somewhat of a good deed anyways.

it's actually a lot harder to debate online because of people trying to gang up on you and also the inability to keep someone on a topic. they'll usually deflect and run to something else, and it's also a lot harder to call people out on things when they run to google etc. you can really "humiliate" people in person in the sense you can just call them out on a bunch of stuff and without precious google they are super stuck in general. most people are copy pasters, that's all they can really do.

the more i've "argued" online the better i've gotten and picked up lots of different arguments that work well. the issue though is yeah it's still stressful at times and it's never easy and I try not to do it too much or needlessly where I think it will be of no benefit, but i also feel it's our duty as christians to stand up for the faith and to quell nonsense notions.

at times i've just thought this is pointless, why should i even reply, but i'll go ahead and get into it and after a while i'll see that the responses were well received. a lot of the times people just aren't willing to get dirty and do it themselves. but we need more people. i am reminded of the bible verse "resist the devil and the devil will flee".

Bless you. Sad to see that people like that will (or are) be mothers.

Do you come from an eastern/historically communist country? That could explain it.

Attached: PQ4315_13_C3_1868pg326c.jpg (650x818, 151.33K)