Pastor Anderson is beginning to sound a little like the Jehovah's Witnesses. Anymore his views are all over the place

Pastor Anderson is beginning to sound a little like the Jehovah's Witnesses. Anymore his views are all over the place.

Other urls found in this thread:

bookofconcord.org/exhortationConfession.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Heaven’s Gate 2.0: Electric Boogaloo

screencap this

I don't even know what to think of this

Zig Forums has a theory he was set up to be a leader of the Alt Right. Who knows he has some good points but when he does he is generally just presenting things we already knew in a funny way.

New Earth is a reference to Revelation 21:1. It's not unusual unless maybe you're a pretrib boomer and never heard of it or read Revelation.

TOO MUCH VITAMIN K

but rev 21 says there will be a "new heaven" as well
he's just being weird at this point

The Bible is vague in some parts, there are still mysteries in the Bible that won't be fully revealed until the very end. Problem with Pastor Anderson is he tries to explain everything in the Bible on his own terms, with his own human understanding, which leads to weird doctrines like the one he's preaching.

wow did he upgrade his church building?

This guy is being heavily shilled in cuckchan Zig Forums. What is he all about?

He calls himself an "independent fundamentalist Baptist", adheres to strict sola scriptura and the KJV. Made the news some years ago getting his ass kicked by border police, and since hating on fags really hard. Red pilled on the Jews, hates Catholics, but has a shallow interpretation of scripture IMO.

I personally like meme pastor but I don't take him too seriously. I think he's a media hound who believes he's doing it for God, and is trying to be as honest as he can be, but who isn't self aware enough to realize he's often contradicting himself and has an inflated ego.

Considering that 2 Peter 3:10 says the heaven (atmosphere) will pass away, it's safe to say the new earth will have a new atmosphere. Unless you think the heaven where the Father is will be destroyed and be remade.

A baptist pastor who knowingly decided to start a "movement" that has a few doctrines contrary to the majority IFB. The thing is, he's had several people who taught directly under him in his church later come out as modalists, whether that happened due to his own decisionmaking or not is hard to know, but that is still a far bigger deal than any finer point he's specifically teaching.

His associate, Jiminez, wasn't clear on the Trinity until March 2018 when he backtracked some of his previous statements where he emphatically stated "not three persons." Despite this Jiminez has been pastoring a church for many years. Knowing this, I honestly would be on guard around them.

i'm seriously inclined to think stevie anderson is just too fast and loose with his "teaching", seemingly incapable of reaching coherent logical conclusions with most of his stuff. no surprise it all ends in modalism with you're sola scriptura and want to make a name of yourself instead of playing in a team like the rest of the IFB

Why? Anderson himself hasn't ended in modalism. It seems many of his former associates he accuses of modalism aren't actually modalists. It's mostly semantics arguments. I followed some of the drama, haven't been keeping up lately.

I'm not trying to be viscous, genuinely interested if you have a reasoning. I'm very interested in sola scriptura and in my studies reading the KJV only, just like Anderson does because why not? It's working for me, I haven't found anything that leads me to reject the trinity.

What's struck me about scripture only is how much things are making sense. Small example, God walking in the garden of Eden. Obviously that's Jesus Christ. It says later no man has laid eyes on God the Father and lived. Look who else got that. A medieval Catholic. I doubt Anderson or Andersonites would get it, but that blows my winnie the pooh mind.

Attached: f1be32b482a86f8a6d663b7f866b2c43.jpg (597x544, 87.65K)

Christian Varg

It seems he's speaking at a conference

After I heard him say this in a sermon I couldn't take his preaching seriously, he's simply comic relief.

Because as I said, he's not actually following any of his teachings to their logical conclusion. If you teach sola scriptura, teach that the Catholic Church and the Christendom are evil and wrong, you are throwing doubt upon 2,000 years worth of doctrine.

"werks fer me" isn't a strong argument. The Trinity is simply never outright said in the KJV, and all the inference and logical deduction you must arrive at the Trinity to understand it, is attacked and derided when it comes to other doctrine.

I also think Anderson said that anyone who brings up the Greek in favor over the KJV shouldn't be trusted, which is very amusing to me.

I think his followers admire him more for the appearance of his character and his family, rather than his preaching and his sermon. That said, Pastor Anderson's actual character is quite despicable (look up Victor Tey's testimony).

Sure, same reason people watch Varg and find him useful. But Anderson is poison when it comes to religion, so is Varg.

way too late, indulgences did that centuries ago

Orthodox Church didn't engage in indulgences.

Attached: DL6R9ooUIAELB_h.jpg (500x357, 24.63K)

I don't know much about Orthodoxy yet. I'm sure they got their dirt, everybody does, but gotta admit I like the cool beards and skulls and stuff.

did he bring his pulpit with him?

I mean he did say that he believes you shouldn't repent of your sins because repenting of your sins is works.

Zig Forums has lots of theories, and a lot of them are bullcrap

seriously?

the corruption of mere men does not violate the authority of the Church of Jesus Christ - Psalm 88 27-35

The corruption of mere men became doctrine didn't it? Therefore it makes sense to question Catholic doctrine.

Right, because those guys are the congregation of Babylon. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Like? The trinity, perhaps?

yeah, it's the congegration of babylon that declared the trinity issue

I dunno, Like papal infallibility perhaps. Like being the one and only true church perhaps. Like confession to a priest perhaps. Like idolatry perhaps. Like hell is empty perhaps. Like letting a bunch of winnie the pooh muslims have prayers at the vatican perhaps. Like telling people a calcified potato is a saints brain and has magical powers perhaps.

Attached: oneandonlytruechurch.jpg (276x183, 7.29K)

All venom and no truth in you. Since you have no one to confess your sins to, how can you be forgiven? You not only lack the true Church, you deny it! You cannot be brothers with Christ if you deny His authority.

oh my horrible deceptive satanic spider venom. I'm sooo evil not buying there's anything particularly holy about the Vatican despite all the gold plating frilly robes and weird complicated extra biblical writings that just happen to line up with EU policy.

I confess to Jesus Christ when I pray. 1 Timothy 2:5 nibba.

I don't honestly hate you guys that much but I can not buy Vatican 2 truly represents the church Christ established. C'mon bro, he's kissing a Koran. Next they're giving a pass to gays. Then they're shilling for economic migrants, etc. You guys can do better than this.

There is nothing wrong about indulgences, which you know nothing about beyond pastor jim's ninsensical rants

paying off priests so you can sin, yeah nothing wrong with that.

Why do you Catholics act like snotty women? Make an argument. I'm willing to listen.

No he didn't you retard. He said you should but don't have to, ro be saved.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Do you not know who Jesus is?
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Attached: Steven_Anderson.mp4 (1280x720, 13.91M)

Yeah that guy literally just denied our Lord and Savior there. 1 John 1:9. I guess it's not pray one for another with him, it's just everyone pray to the priest only or to some patron saint or whatever. That replaces God.

I wouldn't go that far. Catholics believe in this sort of prayer relay system where they pray to a saint, the saint carries the prayer to Christ for them or something. I don't believe they're truly denying God I just think their doctrine is a mess. God knows they're praying and will forgive.

You prove again you know nothing about them. Its interesting that you ask for arguments when you are a willing retard that says there is a doctrine of idolatry, or a doctrine of empty hell, and that has the nerve of mocking confession among other things. dont worry though, you are just the last instamce of a bunch of heresies that were already destroyed in the first centuries of actual Christianity

The perverse mind of the protestant, who has no problem teling you he will pray for you but considers a sin to ask saints for intercession, or to have sins forgiven through the sacrament of confession

Does anyone know where the constant nonsense from protestants come from? They always say these retarded things, like now people praying to priests. And they always use this kind of language, showing they have no idea what they are talking about, and they know it but they still feel the need to open their mouth

Yes I've seen you post that about a thousand times. Now where did he say you shouldn't repent? He loterally says you should everyday but you don't have to to be saved

That's a correct summation. I do consider it sinful. Again back to 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" I believe because of our human fallibility we commit sins constantly with the best intentions. Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." Therefore I don't trust that this lineage of fallible men that ran the Catholic church all this time have at all been able to create an infallible doctrine. I think it's been corrupted. I'm not saying your damned or that I hate you for disagreeing with me, I'm just being blunt and honest about what I believe. I still believe you and I are praying to the same God and we're both Christians.

Relax and explain to me why I'm wrong for coming to this conclusion. I'm willing to listen.

Anticatholicism has been around a very long time. The source of criticisms of confession I think could be Luther. I'm not going to make claim to what user means and I'm obviously a protty but lets see if we can stop the war for a moment ITT and I'm gonna try to actually discuss these differences civilly because we've been playing this game for ages and we're getting nowhere. Martin Luther wrote about it in 1529. "The Exhortation to Confession" I haven't read the whole thing yet, but he doesn't seem to outright deny confession should be a practice and instead stresses confession should be voluntary while he criticizes the Catholic church for forcing it upon the congregation. I'm betting that's the start.
bookofconcord.org/exhortationConfession.php

My own arguments against confession are simply it's not biblical. I don't see any verses that insist on the practice in the bible. Because I believe in sola scriptura that's enough for me not consider it necessary. But saying it's damnable or something is ridiculous imo. I think it's just general protestant vs catholic shit flinging. The sola fide perspective is obviously different and as far as I know is what justifies the practice. I would like to hear the Catholic perspective because I'm not that familiar with what you guys believe about confession. To you it seems to be extremely important.

He said you have "no one to confess your sins to." That is an abhorrent statement to make and against scripture, because according to 1 John 1:9 the "he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

The "he" there is Jesus Christ. But whoever wrote that post is denying that and is telling people they don't have the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive their sins. He is actively telling people that. That's wrong.

Can someone verify if this post is being sarcastic? The responses to it seem sincere.

Why do you guys always use that? There's much stronger arguments for the Trinity that actually define the relationship between the three divine persons, whereas this doesn't even reference one essence and three persons explicitly, but rather is understood that way when you have a proper theology. It's not like unitarians read that verse and are like, oh snap guess I'm a Trinitarian now

It happened?

Sauce because I want to watch him say that.

See he says it about 1:30 in

He says it very clearly. "I get so sick of this 'repent of your sins' garbage coming from Baptist preachers…Repenting of your sins is works"

Why would he be sick of Baptist preachers telling people to repent of their sins if he thought it was important to do so? Sorry that your hero got exposed as a moron who makes his theology up on the fly but you should really stop defending Steven Andersons heresies

Culpable and intentional ignorance, hatred against the True Church, etc.

who'd he murder?

The great schism did that much earlier

He literally doesn't understand the Greek Philosophical term of the logos

Dude Vatican 2 isn't Catholic so you shouldn't worry. Became TradCat

"Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much."

oh yeah, and that whole apostle thing, where they went around hearing and forgiving sins with the authority of Jesus Christ

That reads differently in my translation.
"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

He's saying repenting of your sins to get saved is garbage. He isn't saying not to repent of your sins.

Do Trad Caths still hate Luther? When you think about it it's the same rebellion, just some centuries apart.