We have too many heated arguments on this board...

We have too many heated arguments on this board. This thread is for comfy discussion with fellow believers with no specific topic. Not necessarily about Christian topics. If you believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God and died for your sins then you're allowed in this thread regardless of what church you go to.

Debating things and arguing against things that you disagree with is fine and healthy, but it can too easily turn into shouting match. Arguments can go in a different thread.

Some topics to start discussion:

Attached: Nighthawks_by_Edward_Hopper_1942.jpg (1920x1080, 343.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_pop_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this the animal version of the prodigal son?

Nothing much user, just a regular day.
Reading, watching sports, game a bit, study.
I’m reading through the whole bible, currently at the Pslams.
War and Peace, just finished volume 2 and i’m loving it so far.
Nothing in particular, just the regular playlist.

Getting work done, so not really
church, literature, board games, animu
Gospel of John, chapter 4
St. Augustine's Enchiridion, Catholicity and Heresy in the Early Church, Edwards, Mark.
J-Pop (anime themes) and 90s alternative rock (Everclear, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.)

1 hour of adoration with my girlfriend and done some work for my presentation
I like video games, though I don't have much time for it recently. I also enjoy history and I used to read a lot, but internet takes a lot of time from me I might be addicted tbh
Epistle to Galatians and Ephesians
As I've said before, I don't read as much as I used to, but I was reading "The World's First Love" by Fulton Sheen
Except for religious chants, I also enjoy military music (regardless of ideology, be it fascist or communist)

my life is a dribbling mass of insignificance
nothing good shall come from discourse with me

colour me impressed!

Attached: soon-sheep.jpg (640x480, 63.65K)

Mowed the lawn in a downpour of rain. Didn't plan to, Florida weather is wacky.

Woodcarving canes and swords, playing harmonica / guitar, reading, running trails, etc

Currently in Samuel just now at where David takes Abigail as his wife.

Dracula, Mein Kampf, found a good quality copy of The Divine Comedy at a used book store for $1ish after waiting forever. Fate favors the patient! I kept wanting to buy the nice version they have at Barnes & Noble though.
I have a double book with Dracula and Frankenstein in it, will continue on after Dracula into Frankenstein. Mein Kampf is slow going, takes a bit to digest before I read on. I'm not a nazi I just wanted to know his perspective. Really really want to get on to The Divine Comedy but I need to finish what I have going on first.

Same stuff I've listened to for years. Power Metal, blues, jazz, some electronic stuff here and there but I don't know the terminology because they seem to make up a new genre every day, also listen to old country when hanging with my wife and kids.

Helped my dad fix the lawn mower.
Aquariums are one of my hobbies. Just got two new corals yesterday.
Not enough of them, tbh.
"The Case for Christ", and "Emotions that Destroy".
Some ambient stuff when I'm relaxing, and some heavy metal when driving late to stay awake.

it's gotten absurd. Lay down 3 notes and 50 kids will argue what post sub genre of a genre invented last month it belongs in

looked into TriviumEducation, supposedly this is supposed to teach you the classical method of learning or something. Think I'm gonna drop it. I've already sat through complete heresy and pretentious snobs contradict themselves without telling me anything of substance for over an hour.

I used to have hobbies, not so much anymore. Work, don't drink, pray.

Proverbs 27:20

"Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied."

Don't know if I could say I'm studying it just it's stuck in my head. It's so obvious.

I haven't been, jumping around in the Bible, reading bits of articles. My attention span is awful.

Stuff on the radio, lots of dad rock and classical music while driving. Last thing I got into was "minimal synth" whatever that's supposed to be, it's a new genre but somehow old synth bands were included in it so it pretends it isn't, but lost interest. After awhile it just got boring and started to seem like fruity teenage hipster crap. Need something more masculine that isn't retarded or blasphemous. I need music that sounds like smoking a cigar while watching an artillery barrage.

Absolute unit of a book. I tried reading it a few years back but I could dedicate myself enough to finish it. For the time I was reading it I enjoyed the story, the characters and setting have a nice charm to them, but I eventually just kinda stopped. I've picked up Dostoevsky recently and find his books to be similar, but smaller. Maybe one day I'll try to finish War and Peace.

Not really, I got a wart taken off my foot, got a hair cut, and packed for a trip this weekend.
Lifting, church, reading, hiking, camping, shooting.
I've been trying to read through the OT, I'm in Leviticus now.
The Bible, the Brothers Karamazov, and Democracy: The God That Failed.
A bunch of stuff depending on mood, but mostly classics like Sinatra and other artists from that time (swing, I think?)

Yeah War and Peace is heavy enough to knock someone out but i’m loving it so far. I’m halfway through which is something around 700 pages so I can’t stop now even if I tried. The momentum picks up in volume 2 as volume 1 is just setting the stage. I would definitely recommend you giving it another go.
How’s the Brothers K? I’ve read the other big works of Dostoyevsky and loved them (Notes, Crime and Punishment, The Idiot, and Demons), how does it compare to the others?

Attached: 07c89c1115a9a28a6bd00d3a2ddf45241acf247072e3f9cb894e9ef7f49e1bdc.png (294x256, 111.83K)

Crime and Punishment is the only other work of his I've read, but I'd say it's pretty comparable. It's kinda slow at parts but has a decent amount of times where it really picks up. The orthodox theme is really strong, and while I'm catholic I have a deep appreciation for orthodoxy and it makes the book pretty comfy to read.

You feelin' ok?

Took my Mom to get a checkup on a giant black floater that's been blocking most of the vision in her right eye for some time. Two past doctors said that it would just go away after months or years. Went to a different optometrist today who did a much more thorough checkup (and clearly knew what he was doing.) Turns out, it wasn't a floater at all, but the product of her body trying to heal a scar at the back of her eye by literally constructing a new blood vessel with horrible results. So now I'm going to be taking her to get her first shot (in her eye) tomorrow to deal with this. Depending on whether this is caused by her nearsightedness or her age (i.e. macular degeneration) she may only have to go for 6 months, or may have to get shots to keep it from coming back for the rest of her life.

Animation and comics (Western and Japanese); some movies and T.V./streaming shows in general; reading (mostly history, religion, and various nonfiction, though I should probably get into more fiction stuff. Loved Philip K. Dick); swimming; camping; hiking/nature walks; general exercise (working my way through this calisthenics program called "Convict Conditioning"); art (painting, drawing, ink, digital; graduating with a degree in Illustration in December); video games; would love to get into shooting and martial arts once I can afford a gun and classes..

Been working my way through the OSB all year. Just finished up Song of Songs. About to start on Wisdom of Solomon

OSB. "The Ladder of Divine Ascent." About to start reading "Entering the Orthodox Church: The Catechism and Baptism of Adults."

Was on a Yacht Rock (soft and smooth pop/rock/r&b from the mid 70's to mid 80s) kick for awhile. Currently getting into a traditional pop/jazz standards kick (Tony Bennet, Dean Martin, etc.) Reminds me very fondly of Bossa Nova (which shouldn't be that surprising considering it was very obviously influenced by the former.)

I dismantled a couple of couches so I could make a "fort/playhouse" for my daughter.
Woodworking, music, and sketching.
The book of Hosea
Stephen King's "The Outsider"
Mostly Bob Dylan and CCR as usual.

Sinatra started out in the Swing era, but the bulk of his career and biggest hits can be classified under the Traditional Pop/Standards/Jazz/Great American Songbook terms, as well as his contemporaries:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_pop_music

He's losing control

I've been studying Colossians, first time really reading scripture with a commentary, as I found one in a charity shop for £1.

It's been good. The commentary is very concise and is really an introduction to the main issues of interpretation for each verse, be it manuscript readings, grammar or meaning of words etc. It has an exegetical focus but that feeds very nicely into application as you get at what Paul was actually saying.

I've gained a new depth in understanding, particularly in how much of the letter is structured to teach against the false teaching that is coming into the church in Collosae and also new insight into the slave/master relationship in those times.

It's from the "Tyndale new testament commentaries" series and if they're all like this then I highly recommend them.

What do you mean by adoration?

Makes me think of another question to add to OPs

Mine is currently lacking in devotion and warmth, Ive been away for a few weeks and it whacked me out of my normal rhythm and I've lapsed into some indulging of the flesh which I was well guarded against in my house. Time to rebuild

Nothing particularly
Being sad
God being both and good or evil even transcendent.
Nothing. Been that way for a year now.
I only posted in this thread to answer this. Ive been listening to blues and country lately. Its like the emo stuff but not being a bich about it.

I spent the night at a friend's place and am waiting for her to wake up.
I like shooting guns, but I haven't done that in a while.
none in particular, but Isaiah has caught my interest lately.
pretty much exclusively the bible.
Some texas punk bands; Institute, Impalers, Lumpy and the dumpers. also discovered that there are two run the jewels songs I really like.

Are Orangutans the most chill monkeys, or what?

Attached: 3b26a9e0763b1adcc52f4f3b3f26b7842110aac614ac8ef5cc3ddada3f0711ac.gif (311x362, 1.98M)

Never skip leg day

Oats and Squats!

Supposed to meet with old friends but it got cancelled so I have a whole free day to myself with nothing in particular planned.
Video games, listening to music, wandering around the city (especially to parts I have never been to)
None lately, but the latest I have read was Acts and the latest Catechumen lesson was all over the place.
None lately, but might have to pick up Japanese language textbook up again soon.
J-Pop (none of the animu catering to west stuffs, like what normal Japanese really listen to) and their older stuffs. Aside from that, Baba Yetu and songs that can be related/attributed to God such as He Lives In You and Son of Man.

Watering the weeds of my garden.
I don't have any hobbies. At least I don't call them that way.
Letter to Philippians.

No, procrastinating
Shitposting,Procrastinating on schoolwork, neglecting my weight training
Unfortunately haven't been reading it much lately, will get back on the horse soon
Nil, unfortunately
Louvin brothers, animu themes

Every which way but loose is one of Eastwood's best, very comfy

Been reading Great Great Great Grandfathers Journal, in particular his Civil War entries (he fought at the battle of Bayou Fourche, union army)
Pic not really related, he had an 1859 Sharps not an 1863/65 Spencer

Attached: 1865-Spencer-Carbine-1280.jpg (1280x400, 112.88K)