BOOM! Chinese Markets Are Crashing

The Treasury's latest semiannual FX report may have spared China the designation of currency manipulator (for now… in a new twist, there was a section dedicated exclusively to China in the Executive Summary, a clear signal from the Treasury that China is the disproportionate focus of the report stating that 'it is is clear that China is not resisting depreciation through intervention as it had in the recent past'), but the market was not as forgiving.

In the latest shock to Chinese confidence, overnight Chinese shares extended the world’s worst slump as the yuan touched its weakest level in almost two years, testing the government’s ability to maintain market stability and calm as risks continued to mount for Asia’s largest economy.

Two days after we reported that concerns about pledged shares, in which major investors put up stock as collateral for personal loans - a disastrous practice when stock prices are dropping - emerged as a key pressure point for China's market, overnight Bloomberg confirmed that "rising fears of widespread margin calls fueled a 3 percent tumble in the Shanghai Composite Index, which sank to a nearly four-year low as more than 13 stocks fell for each that rose."

The concentrated selloff, sent the Shanghai Composite down 2.9%, closing at session lows of 2,486, the lowest level since November 2014, as China's plunge-protecting "National Team" was nowhere to be seen.

archive.fo/t5VYY

Lots of stuff in the press about China and debt… and much of it casting doubt on the sustainability of China’s economic miracle – including its ability to continue as the major economic partner across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

But first, a diversion… I got taken to task by a US chum yesterday for being pro-Trump in recent comments. Harsh. Whatever I think of him is immaterial. It’s the political process that got him there, the geopolitical forces disturbed by his actions, and the real market effects he creates that matter. Loathe him or loathe him… he’s creating winds that move markets. Markets are about politics.

During the late summer we were treated to an American Aircraft Carrier (the USS Harry S Truman) moored in the Solent at the foot of our garden. A Nimitz class CVA is a great example of power projection. But, historically, the American’s don’t achieve their decisive victories through military muscle. Where they attempt to do so – in Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam, for instance, they proved the ineffectiveness of using a multi-billion dollar missile against an AK47, and that motivated guerrillas will win every time.

It’s very interesting to compare and contrast Trump rhetoric. In the last few days he’s pulled back from criticism of Saudi prince/thug MbS. He’s unapologetically told the American people that Saudi is a very important source of big defence contracts creating US jobs – therefore he will deal with them. Saudi is not a real threat. At the same time, he’s saying nothing about US jobs he’s willing to trade-off thru his Economic campaign against China.

Where America wins is in terms of economic muscle. The Japanese knew that before Pearl Harbour 80 years ago, the Russians learnt it in the 80’s. And now the Chinese are being treated to a similar lesson today.

The US can withstand declining energy exports to China far longer than Xi can withstand real growth tumbling from the Party’s mandated 7% to closer to 5.5% (or whatever it really is). The government are combating weakness by letting the currency fall – courting further Trump anger at perfidious currency manipulators.

Analysts are looking at a potential cascade crisis in China: falling growth, declining house prices, rising personality cult of Xi, increasing unrest, demographic crisis, nascent corporate debt crisis, banking weakness, and loss of confidence in stock markets. Some of them conclude it’s a binary game China is bound to lose – and a collapse in China will have catastrophic effects on the global economy.

Today the main headlines are about burgeoning China debt over the past years – how much hidden regional government lending is hidden within the financial system and how much has been squandered. Its also about unreported corporate debt linked to regional government and how overextended banks and domestic lenders are to companies now facing slowdown. As the Chinese economy relies heavily on corporate investment for growth, any slowdown caused by a banking crisis or even retrenchment creates a perception of weakness. As I’ve said before, debt is needed to fuel growth, but when it takes over.. its never a good thing.

A China in crisis plays well for Trump, demonstrating the success of his economic campaigns. Sure, he can afford a few job losses, or, who blinks first? Xi knows China won’t win an economic battle with Trump’s US. What other cards does Xi hold? Not enough. Yet.

archive.fo/AxAYV

Attached: Chinese Markets Are Crashing.jpg (890x456, 46.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-18/dow-dumps-450pts-erases-tuesdays-gains-breaks-below-critical-support
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_model_of_capitalism
cnbc.com/2018/10/18/us-stocks-are-vulnerable-when-china-stocks-fall-hard.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh yeah and the Dow is doing so fucking great

If its not then report it. Why should I have to be the one user posting real news here?

Reminder that this is orchestrated worldwide by the Jewish crime syndicate, to steal away as much money as possible, until they announce the future cash-less currency. That will also be the ultimate point of no return for any resistance (which is btw why the worlds biggest armies are doing exercises together) before slavery will shut everything down.

Yes, the evidence does suggest that.

>>>/prepare/1

Thats the best tip I can give anyone at this point. Other than killing the kikes outright and good luck with that.

bumping true news

unexpected collapse of the #1 most failed economic system; communism.

Well China is an odd duckling right now. And this has never been experimented before. I would describe China as a rare breed mix between Capitalism and Communism. They have a market, they do produce capital (lots of it, matter of fact more than we currently do)… yet they still have a lot of communist regulations too. And their social laws are heavily communist. But they do have investments, they do have a stock market, they do have banks and they do have a lot of industry and a large consumer base. So its a mix between communism and capitalism.

I would describe China as communists who adopted some basic capitalist principles, although they highly regulate/control corporations making sure they co-operate with the government's sole interests for their desire for hegemony.

China as a collective is not a thing. The peasants are enslaved under a communism-like system that is only there to keep them down, but their elite runs fully under Jewish capitalism. They are part of an international crime syndicate that enslaves mankind, abuses them as maintenance workers, and harvests them for money to further produce revenue for themselves.

Strange, I would describe them as the most capitalistic individualistic people I have encountered.
In China, most communal areas are incredibly run down because people say its not their responsibility to pay for something that they down own.

US Stocks crashing too (I laugh at FANGs going down!!)

zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-18/dow-dumps-450pts-erases-tuesdays-gains-breaks-below-critical-support

boom!

The Chinese are very industrious and productive, but Capitalistic? Individualistic? You're just yanking my chain here, aren't ya? You little scamp.

No I assure you I am not.
China is one of the most unregulated and free markets in the world.

I like capitalism. Without it I wouldnt be able to talk to you because only the richest handful of people would be able to afford a computer. But in China they take capitalism and uncaring individualism way too far.

I don't think china has one of the most free markets in the world. They're moving in the right direction but they got a long way to go before they're the most capitalistic and individualistic people.

Then you are incorrect.

user, I hear a LOT of propaganda against both Russia and China. Is the US media even lying to us about these countries as well?

Also *India too. Is all this "they're all communists, horrible dictatorships!" actually true?

Stuff like Chinese gutter oil is a real thing. Clearly thats a libertarians dream.

But Im not really talking about that.
When you go to China, outside the biggest cities the communal areas are very run down.
You go in an apartment and the hallways are in disreapair, but then you go inside peoples individual flats and its really nice.
If you ask them why they will say its only their responsibility to look after their own place.

Most ex communist places have that kind of attitude. Its like they go from one extreme to the other.

Ok then. Give me some examples of what the Chinese government has done to make it the MOST capitalistic or the MOST individualist country. All I can find is more tariffs on US goods and nice talk about "opening the door for the world's market" but investors are still barred entry into their markets.

As any libertarian will tell you, a free market is more about what the government doesnt do.

So for instance, in my country you cant buy the sewerage from a manufacturing company in order to filter it for raw materials that might have fallen in the toilet. In China you can.

Ok troo. But what about all the things the government is doing then?
I never found a post about sewage this interesting. I guess when you got a billion people, some people are bound to take literal trash and turn it into money. But allowing people to clean the gutters for money and then turning it into something for more money doesn't counter balance all of the aggressive anti-capitalist regulations that still exist in China. These regulations are slowly getting chipped away as they are artifacts from their deep commie times, but you got me caught up on the use of the word MOST when describing the state of capitalism and individualism in a country that has a credit rating based off the people you associate with, and can deny you housing opportunity because your civil score is too low.

OH SHIT THE CHINESE MARKET LOST 100 POINTS GOOD THING THE AMERICAN DOW IS UNTOUCHABLE, WHAT DO MEAN YOU IT WENT DOWN 3 TIMES MORE THAN THE CHINESE!?

Attached: dow.jpg (693x600, 67.94K)

The Dow industrial average is not a useful gauge and is volatile by nature
1989六四天安門虐殺

1989六四事件新聞報導

1989六四事件中中共在天安門對手無寸鐵的百姓進行

We see right through you chinks

Attached: trading_places.png (1200x675, 107.29K)

PLEASE IGNORE OUR ECONOMY INDICATOR. FACTS ARE NOT FACTS!

t. america

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (624x459, 50.07K)

The Dow Jones Industrial Average weight average stock trading sessions among 30 of the largest publicly owned companies only. Its volatile by nature,

Attached: d.png (1200x1042, 246.69K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_model_of_capitalism

LEARN YOU FUCKING BARBARIANS
Jesus this thread. China is capitalist but they are not a free market.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 4.84K)

Attached: alliswell.jpg (677x501, 54.46K)

Capitalism does not exist without consumer choice and a free market. Both define the most important ideology of capitalism: economic competition.

Without economic competition you have something else totally, my be similar to capitalism but not the same thing.

Why is the zerohedge comment section gone?

Haha, no.

I have no idea. Maybe the ZH owner got too fed up with curtailing spam? Who knows.

Boom!

Good.
fuck china
fuck everything

bump4

bump

legit true

ouch

bump1

I will concede that my use of the word 'most' was vague at best. Theres a million different ways someone might measure how 'capitalist' a country is.

But I do think there is a phenomenon, where former communist countries embrace the most extreme caricature of capitalism. Not in government so much as in the people themselves. Who put money above everything.
I guess if your country has told you for decades that capitalists are all selfish and worship money, then your country becomes capitalist, you cant really be blamed for being selfish and worshipping money.

Is this a bad time to be mining altcoins?

real news

God damn it! I answered this! Where did my comment go!?

Zig Forums is deleting comments now!!!

IF you can you want to diversify your savings into physical assets/essentials, rural property, some silver coins and maybe crypto might not be a bad idea either. Never keep all your eggs in one basket.

And remember SHTF tips: if you can't physically hold it, you don't really have it. If you can't defend it, you'll likely lose it.

Attached: Paranoid Schizophrenia.jpg (960x720, 85.54K)

sage thrown in the trash

real, sliden, but great news

UTF-8 file checked, OK.

Always diversify and remember we need to prepare because they plan on developing a cashless spy grid someday where everything can be under 24/7 monitoring and control, every financial transaction micro-managed. A slave grid. We need to find solutions and prepping against it is a big solution.

I can see education system failed already.

Do you really think there's any other way?

How is anyone a proponent of capitalism and ignore how "businesses are people too" bundled with lobbying in general allowed for America to exploit Americas for generations? If it quelled that crowd from uprising how would it not ruin communism and any other non-monarchy or dictatorship?

The education system making people less intelligent isn't a failure. If the purpose of "education" is to integrate people to a civil and productive society, it works fine. If you finish and choose to learn more, we have higher-education based on what you can afford or earn a scholarship for.

What failed America is letting the states run their own education. It allowed for a divide over time. NYC had advertisements for "unemployed? start a charter school". At the time I just thought "I knew my schools were run by people that couldn't cut it doing anything" but today I see that if you look at the states paying nobodies to run private schools, they're being taken over by foreign investors as a sorts of communal prisoner. They say some people commit crimes to get back to jail, because it's familiar. You can see the major cities are doing this, making it more and more expensive to rent, allowing public housing to fail. People have no way to get a vehicle, they're more expensive than anywhere else but you have more "bottom dollar" vehicles than most places so it's somewhat obscures the decent cars are pricier.

But again, it's designed to make you a dependent. Which benefits the state with either crime or just cheap labor (jail or minimum wage). Here's the problem with minimum wage, it's a joke in more ways than one. It's not designed to be the minimum needed to raise a family, the idea America wants the people only capable of achieving the minimum, reproducing is part of the American dream. It's the minimum to rent a room and get started. The minimum wage is calls this because it's not the minimum you'll make at this position, it's the position with the minimal amount of effort in the organization and the government just ensures this lowest position never makes less than the cost of a dorm-like life full-time.

I you buy now, you will be happy you did by 2020 at latest.

Thank god the markets are not intertwined!! Yeah right: "The main U.S. indexes lose about 5 percent when Shanghai stocks fall 10 percent or more in a 30-day period."

cnbc.com/2018/10/18/us-stocks-are-vulnerable-when-china-stocks-fall-hard.html

Attached: trump-crown.jpg (618x412, 34.24K)

They are intertwined, big time. That's true.

And yes, I did point that out:

Attached: antispam22.jpg (303x400, 53K)