Trump Admin Says There is No Evidence Obama Wiretapped Trump

The Trump administration just confirmed–for at least the second time–that there is no evidence then-candidate Donald Trump was wire-tapped at Trump Tower in late 2016.

In a 178-page court filing released late Friday night, the Department of Justice noted, “[t]he Government has made two acknowledgments” regarding claims that the previous administration of Barack Obama wiretapped Trump near the tail-end of the 2016 general election.

The latter man famously made those claims in a series of four tweets posted on the morning of March 4, 2017.

“Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory,” the 45th president wrote. “Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!”

The three remaining tweets expanded on the theory and suggested some sort of legal violation:

Is it legal for a sitting President to be “wire tapping” a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW! I’d bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election! How low has President Obama gone to tapp [sic] my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

President Trump’s allegations have been refuted several times in the past. Some attempts to make political hay out of those unverified claims were made by the president’s supporters–and later, the president himself–when CNN reported in September 2017 that former Trump campaign chair and current eight-time convicted felon Paul Manafort was himself wiretapped by the FBI.

That report offered no evidence that Trump was personally wiretapped and also failed to support the claim that Trump Tower was ever subject to a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court-ordered wire tap. Trump’s own Department of Justice had earlier confirmed the lack of evidence for the Trump Tower claim in a September 2017 court filing–also in response to a FOIA request for such information.

Friday’s court filing notes two separate instances in which the Trump administration has rubbished the claims made by its own executive. The document reads, in relevant part:

First, the Department of Justice acknowledged, based upon the Congressional testimony of then-FBI Director James B. Comey, that it has no records of alleged wiretapping of then-candidate Trump in Trump Tower by the Obama administration prior to the 2016 presidential election, as referenced in President Trump’s Twitter post on March 4, 2017.

The Department of Justice also notes:

[Second], following the President’s declassification of a memorandum prepared by staff of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (“HPSCI”), and the subsequent release of a different memorandum prepared by certain HPSCI members, the Department has acknowledged responsive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (“FISA”) applications and orders to conduct surveillance of Carter Page, and produced redacted versions of those documents. With these limited exceptions, DOJ has otherwise provided a “Glomar” response, declining to confirm or deny the existence of records for any other FISA surveillance responsive to Plaintiffs’ FOIA request.

Stylized as a motion for summary judgment in response to ongoing FOIA litigation filed by USA Today‘s Brad Heath and non-partisan government accountability watchdog the James Madison Project, Friday night’s filing is essentially a two-fold argument from the Trump administration.

The first argument suggests that questions regarding the inquiry into President Trump’s wire-tapping allegations from March 2017 have already been answered publicly–by the administration itself. And, second, the DOJ argues that disclosing additional information surrounding such questions “would reveal classified information pertaining to intelligence sources and methods.”
lawandcrime.com/high-profile/trump-admin-says-there-is-no-evidence-obama-wiretapped-trump/

Attached: GettyImages-815134518-1.jpg (1199x628, 140.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/fO41A
washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/18/obama-spied-trumps-campaign-wheres-outrage/
thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/dirty-cop-rosenstein-denies-he-wanted-to-secretly-tape-president-trump-in-2017-but-signed-fisa-doc-to-spy-on-trump-officials/
thegatewaypundit.com/2018/07/here-are-the-six-biggest-deep-state-lies-from-the-fisa-memo-to-spy-on-republican-candidate-donald-trump-and-his-campaign/
mediacrisis.info
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trump accused Obama many times of wiretapping his phone, without any evidence. Then, recently, he said this:

"Here we go again with that guilty until proven innocent. I don't like that."

So it's perfectly fine for him to say Obama is guilty until proven innocent, but for the Saudis, oh, no, he doesn't like that.

Shocking.

which is it?

LIARS.

archive.fo/fO41A

OP, seriously. Stick to watching TV and get the hell out of here you low IQ brainwashed piece of shit.

leftists in action.

You are in
Denial, Drumpfdrone
Cry yourself to sleep
While you furiously dryhump
Your chinese cartoon
toddler pillow
And cry the bitter tears of an eternal

virgin. hahahahahaha! !! ! !! ! ! !

!

fact fisa warrants, his manger was tapped this his campaign was tapped

use common sense

so what is Trump just going to be cucked and pretend none of this was real ?

formatting posts like this should be a bannable offense. literally contributes negatively enjoyable content for 99% of users

I can't help it.

Since I lost the use of my arms,
I've been forced to use a
text-to-speech software.
Take pity on me :(

Ya dont say! Trump is a lying piece of shit

Attached: original.jpg (750x650, 144.83K)

His campaign manager is in jail yet trump chumps still dont get it

Attached: 5b4781791900002800c65872.png (475x596, 517.95K)

Attached: 94I309g1c_HjvmwhGfqW1_RTQWYcOUCWVKmbjNManOo.jpg (640x636, 84.55K)

Ewwww

Attached: Da78A3MUQAAtsWk.jpg (576x369, 33.46K)

Attached: download (3).jpg (277x182, 9.79K)

Attached: images (3).jpg (189x266, 10.39K)

Attached: ivanka-trump-nude-fakes-1.jpg (611x800, 103.67K)

AT least
His wife
Was a hottie
I'd Rather
wish
that I married

her
instead of
the homely
fishwife

I picked.

Hairy muff/10

Although there is evidence that Trump and his supporters are fascists

Its just an argument over semantics.

Trump said they wiretapped him and the FBI came out and said they didnt use a wiretap they have much more modern forms of surveilance.

i think its sad how uninformed the regular person is and they'll eat whatever garbage a politician or youtube political activist says instead of using critical thinking and actually trying to hold them to a higher standard instead of being a circus seal

Attached: americlaps.webm (680x384, 4.68M)

washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/18/obama-spied-trumps-campaign-wheres-outrage/

thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/dirty-cop-rosenstein-denies-he-wanted-to-secretly-tape-president-trump-in-2017-but-signed-fisa-doc-to-spy-on-trump-officials/

if you're so stupid that you can get wiretapped in your OWN office that you spend 60 hours in a week, you probably deserve to be wiretapped

wow russian conversations were tracked and trump is in deep with them!? colour me fucking shocked user

Implying the rapport is not faked

thegatewaypundit.com/2018/07/here-are-the-six-biggest-deep-state-lies-from-the-fisa-memo-to-spy-on-republican-candidate-donald-trump-and-his-campaign/

Nice whataboutism, look at the piece and tell me what is fake

Attached: 1d56ff275f93b26a614168a896f024738290b359364fdcf0d86fe4e3d821180e.png (1119x617, 576.97K)

He wasn't WIRETAPPED, shitlord. Do you really think the highly intelligent women in Obama's government were using a decades old technique? Heck no. They were using something far more advanced. So both claims are technically correct. Maybe, just maybe, if you weren't such a meat-eating, gun-owning, red-voting, incel you'd understand sweetie ;)

dup btfo lmao

Even fake news contradicts itself

mediacrisis.info

Attached: 266757.jpg (900x1096, 248.07K)

Yeah NPC News debunked this a long time ago.
Checkmate trumpets

Attached: some lals.png (4092x2924, 9.05M)

maybe trump shouldn't have been selling out america to russians under investigation :^)

its from a fake news site

bump