Many of the people on this board will go to hell

Faith alone saves. If you believe that your works will save you, to any degree, you are not saved. That includes most of your self-righteous fools who think edifying yourselves is more inportant than preaching the Truth. The 1st works are to evangelize. That means talking to others about Christ. Whether they are complete strangers, in-person or by correspondence, it is your DUTY to bring the Gospel to every creature.

Instead, I see this board filled with wicked "men" stroking their egos and obvious antichrists sewing discord. In order to preach the Gospel & bring others to Christ, the 1st works, you must try. You must be saved yourself. The King James is the true Bible for those of us who speak and read English, yet I anticipate some snotty, latin speaking reprobates to come say otherwise despite not being able to hail a taxi in Greek or Hebrew.

Get right with God. Get saved. Do the 1st works.

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (640x640, 111.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/R4kgCprC
youtube.com/watch?v=ssyA82Khka0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: db869b156149cffd44a979374660f20.png (680x680, 57.07K)

No man is saved while he lives. And the majority of the human race is likely damned, so this is no surprise (though not at all for the Protestant reasons you have listed here).

James 2:14-26.

Attached: f84acff8d88e8a445b6c58aee3e0ca29efa757d8d1a5d82461585f3cfa1470a0.jpg (576x418, 55.97K)

Whew, that's a load off my chest! Here I was trying like mad to do "works" like serving God and avoiding sin, when it turns out all I had to do was believe! Brb gonna go call a hooker

Man Protestants trying to justify their beliefs are so cute

So your salvation can be cancelled if you don't subscribe to a specific soteriology?
Isn't that a sort of intellectual works, added to your faith?
So faith in Christ isn't sufficient to you OP. It's faith in Christ plus your soteriology….weird.

Attached: DkvWlifXsAAzh3h.jpg (393x600, 43.54K)

Faith alone saves ?

You still have to respect the Law.

This is what reminds me most of this board, you claim to be christians but call people "winnie the pooh retard" all the time.

Don't you guys believe "once saved always saved"? How can you lose salvation if you believe in works?

Attached: 1531054825502.jpg (484x304, 18.74K)

You are not God. Stop deciding for God about afterlife of people.

True that. Just look at all the anime posters.

Matthew 5:16 ESV - In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

James 2:14-17 ESV - What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Ephesians 2:10 ESV - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Colossians 3:23-24 ESV - Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

James 2:18 ESV - But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Hebrews 13:16 ESV - Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

1 Timothy 6:17-19 ESV - As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

Matthew 7:21-23 ESV - “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Romans 2:6-10 ESV - He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek.

Titus 1:16 ESV - They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.

Hebrews 6:10 ESV - For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.

Luke 12:47-48 ESV - And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

Romans 14:10-12 ESV - Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Luke 18:10-14 ESV - “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Do not assume just because you had faith you will have a place in the Kingdom of Heaven for the Lord will even deny those who did great works if they did not do them in the name of the Lord. Everything you do should be an expression of your faith and love to the Lord. Any work should be done not to save your soul but because it is right and just. It is not the domain of man to judge his fellow man because we are simply children squabbling among out selves about inheritance while the Father watches preparing his judgement and the Father will not be swayed by petty arguing but by the one who proved he will wisely use the inheritance to do good works that will be pleasing to the Father. No man is guaranteed in heaven with the Lord.

I muslim-user

If i meet a pelagian, ill make sure to tell him that.

Verse? You’ve raised my curiosity now

Shut up Jack, and stop posting here already. You're a known troll

Attached: axhyoHxY_400x400.jpg (400x400, 24.14K)

I believe most of the posters in this board are damned to hell. They have no humanity when it comes atrocities such as mass shootings and child prison camps. Its all about power with most of you.

pastebin.com/R4kgCprC

OSAS is unbiblical

Galatians 3:1-5

The opening verse tells us the reason for the Galatians’ foolishness. Given the use of “bewitched”, it may be possible that their succumbing to the Judaizers could be due to an “evil spiritual influence”. Bauer’s Lexicon defines the Greek for bewitched(βασκαίνω) as to “exert an evil influence through the eye”. Usage here is metaphorical, no doubt referring to the influence of the Judaizing group. Yet this is foolishness as the Gospel was preached to them. The visual reference to Christ used here may indicate that Paul utilizes the rhetorical technique of ekphrasis which focuses on vivid imagery. This poses a problem for Anderson and those that are iconoclastic, as Paul is essentially admitting to preaching the Gospel in a manner that uses “word pictures” which create mental images. Given the main topic at hand, further explorations on this issue will be for a later time.

Next, Paul asks the question of how the Galatians received the Spirit. This unfortunately for Anderson blows his case out of the water, as such indicates that Paul presuppose that the Galatians actually received the Holy Spirit. Oddly for Anderson, he doesnt mention anything about the Spirit in v2, possibly due to this. Still, it must be clarified that this reception of the Spirit is through faith, or in this case, believing the Gospel preached and given what is stated in v27, Baptism as part of this.

Moving to v3, we see more confirmations that advice against taking the OSAS viewpoint. The phrase “having begun” is an aorist participle  ἐναρξάμενοι(enarxamenoi) which its only other reference is Philippians 1:6 which refers to the very work God will do in the believer. Bauer’s lexicon notes that in both contexts, what is referred to here is the beginning of the Christian’s life. The two verses even parallel each other, with Galatians being more ironic given its pastoral situation. This detail is left out of Anderson’s own sermon on this chapter and it is quite obvious why, once this is considered, it would entail the Galatians as actually receiving a beginning from God who works in them and having received the Spirit. These are defeaters to his interpretation that the Galatians were never Saved in the first place.

On v4, the “suffering” could invoke the sense that the Galatians went through some persecution, perhaps even due to the incursions of the Judaizers. In Anderson’s sermon, nothing of this is implied. In this verse, the particle γέ is used, as shown in the Greek render below:

τοσαῦτα ἐπάθετε εἰκῇ; εἴ γε καὶ εἰκῇ

This particle is meant to place focus on a single idea or place according to the Bauer lexicon. Thus this would suggest the Galatian’s experiences of “sufferings” to be the idea in focus. With v5 focusing on miracles and the ministering of the Spirit and the preceding v3 referring to the work of the Spirit in the Galatians, it is most likely that they also experienced the Spirit that aid them in these sufferings. Should they turn away now, all these would had be in vain. The tone of these experiences being in vain is one that may express a hope that they will reject the Judaizers in light of these experiences.

This again, nullifies the OSAS position, as the way Paul addresses the situation is one where he sees the Galatians in a real danger of making all their experiences of being Saved as being in vain

There is no hell, though, because Christianity is a jewish long con.
Neither is there a heaven.

There are morals but they are not defined by a semite phantasm.
If you need Elohim Yahwenowitz to tell you that killing is bad when any tribe that kills one another needlessly will naturally die out, then you're pretty sad.

Copypasta is not a spirituality.

The state of this board

Attached: 1535070770276.png (331x384, 171.54K)

Ok, this is epic

Attached: EA0B96F7-9799-4B96-B1AD-158D0D8C263B.jpeg (750x1287, 132.11K)

Alright them please offer me evidence that killing is bad in these cases
1: The person is in your "tribe" I love your LARPer terminology. is disliked by the tribe, you will gain power through his death.
2: The person is not of your tribe, you will gain nothing, but there will be no negative consequences through their death.
3: The person has wronged you severely, and you will not be caught if you kill them.

Is killing ok in these cases? If yes, why? If no, why not? What is your bases for your reasoning?

Attached: confused looking anime girl with interrogation marks on their heads.PNG (564x330 24.83 KB, 25.92K)

Attached: 1383007152458.png (852x940, 918.47K)

You didn't need to reply to my post user, I was being ironic.

Attached: 400.jpg (585x385, 109.5K)

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Thi is literally the lowest level bait made by Prots. But realizing how weak Protestant "theology" is, it is not very surprising.
Prots: Everybody that believes gets saved. There is no "one true church" Sola Fide
Also prots: IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN MUH SOLA FIDE THEN YOU'RE DAMNED!
Protestants trying to claim Protestantism is the one true faith.
lol
Cute.
But also boring.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have found our latest banner

implying this board isn't deader than a corpse and I'm one of only a handful of actual Christians who lament for the "good old days" which never existed

citation needed

Attached: 9C624991-7D29-4580-8555-1A75798E2C11.jpeg (200x267, 22.98K)

This says you still go to heaven if you don't follow parts of the law, but your reward will not be as great.

lol

faith can be act of work , so what now

we all go to hell?

Nice bait thread lol

Unfortunately for you, John Oliver is not God. Satan is very inclusive and anti-self defense though.

Faith saves. True faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior guarantees you a room in the house of the Father (John 3:16)(Acts 16:31). The thief on the cross only believed, and he was saved (Luke 23:39-43).
When you fully humble yourself and believe, your faith will be credited to you as righteousness(Romans 4:1-8). So it's true, no unrighteous thing can enter Heaven, however, that righteousness from faith is not from you, but from God who lives in you (Galatians 2:19-21).
This because no human can be naturally righteous, therefore, we need God's righteousness to save us from hell. And, it is written, we can only receive this righteousness by believing on God.
None are righteous, no, not one (Romans 3:10)
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
Works do not save us, lest we should boast (Ephesians 2:9)
Whoever breaks one law of God breaks them all (James 2:10)

What about works then? Am I saying a saved person shouldn't do good works? Not at all (Romans 6:1-2). All things are lawful to a saved person, but not all things are Godly (1 Corinthians 6:12). We are commanded by God to do good works and follow his commandments, but righteousness does not come from this (Galatians 2:21), but from our faith, as previously stated.

Not only are we commanded to do good works by God, but we will do them, because once we are saved, then can the Holy Ghost come upon us. The Holy Ghost compels the saved to perform good works. Faith without works is dead! Very true! But works do not save, though they justify (as in, being made just, not righteous). And someone who says they have faith, but they have no works, that faith can't save them because they never had faith to begin with.

John 8:24 is different from the beleif of the devils in James 2:19. People could potentially put their faith in any number of things, but it is the "one faith" in Ephesians 4:5 which God forever imputed righteousness (Romans 4:6, 2 Corinthians 5:21).

They are the required part for justification in the sight of men. But in the eyes of God, faith itself justifies (see Romans 4). In the eyes of man, it is not enough to say you have faith without works, to them it's a dead faith. James 2:14 starts out with one man SAYING he has faith. The question is who is he trying to prove this to? He is justifying himself before man, and to do that you need more than faith. To save that man you will have to show him your faith by your works (James 2:18).

To see the two (justified before man, and justification before God) in contradistinction, see 1 Corinthians 4:1-4

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Absolutely, I agree. You explain justification better than me.

No group allowed on this board believes in faith and works, that's including Catholics
Have you considered that St. Anderson and Pastor Jim may have given you some bad info?

May the highest one forgive me for my trespass and transgressions,for I am nothing but a sinfull, ignorant child in need for correcting.

How do I know if someone is reprobate? I have a 10 year old nephew who I fear is reprobate. He has a mom and a stepdad. He displays behavioral problems where he likes to talk back to his (career woman) mom and she gets overly angry and has him on meds for his supposed adhd. How do I know if it's too late or not?

Dunk him in water and see if he floats

I'm being serious, man

no one is too far don't believe that pastor anderson crap. get him help and pray for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=ssyA82Khka0

is it wrong to be a rebel in the modern society?
i was a bit of a reprobate, and my parents weren't drugging me
with sin, eventually the whips of experience will teach him
mistakes lead to memorable lessons

What else floats?

Attached: Bedevere.jpeg (720x480, 55.19K)

… he's 10 years old. 10! Leave him alone. Let him rebel a bit. It's healthy.

t. parent of 4