His Holy Face

Does anyone here spend a lot of time meditating on the Face of the Lord? How is it? What fruits has it gained for you? I've recently been drawn to this, and I'm going to get some icons and candles in order to do it everywhere (I have barely any images of Him I realized).

Attached: El_Greco_-_The_Veil_of_St_Veronica_-_WGA10461.jpg (1030x786, 134.13K)

Yer a Buddhist

Attached: 2f1169c0e43ea2816daee42267ddf45f.jpg (736x368, 32.09K)

Meditate on his word, not on a false image of his face.

Not really because I'm open to the idea that his artistic depictions aren't truthful. Gotta think about it, if the Antichrist is going to be believed by most people on Earth to be God, and loved by almost everyone, this implies that many christians will be deceived. And for christians to be deceived by what they see, he would have to look like what we always thought Jesus looked like. That's a theory, maybe he'll convince people through mind control and Jesus really looks like how the paintings depict him or maybe he's completely different, a black man maybe. I'll know what he looks like when he re-appears and from analyzing what he says and does, wether it respects the Law or not.

really makes you think

Don't we know what Christ looks like through the shroud of Turin?

Attached: 1c31eddab0f4964478a37f3c43268ef1d70c52f936c1aeb4efb3fcd2d66b12cd.jpg (300x300, 8.08K)

Are you trying to bring that forth as a proof that he looks like how he was depicted ? Because that's logically flawed. That one "anti-christian" says he was ugly and small doesn't prove that he is the person depicted, he could be ugly and small or beautiful and still not be the guy depicted.

The end times ask you to be vigilant in order to not be fooled. So why don't you keep a little humility instead of being sure of what he looks like and actually wait for its coming then see if the guy you're watching respects the Law or try to subtly perverts it. Because at this time, there will be 2 figures that are lamb-like in appearance and it will ask for vigilance on your part.

Could have easily been falsified. Just like in the end times the synagogue of Satan enters the church and false popes fool the believers.

No it could not. It is verifiably old, and we do not have the technology to produce the image today.

It can, if fake flights exist and are never found about by 99% of people, why not a picture that has been "certified" by a few people.

It's all speculations at this point, maybe it is actually him on the picture, maybe not. You WILL have to analyze whoever that appears in a godlike coming to be sure of his true nature. Will you still think it is him because of what you think he looks like if he starts making small exceptions in the Law that will sound "reasonable" ?

Again with the logical fallacy. Because x is a lie, then y has to be the truth.

Don't worry, I've read Revelation so I know what to avoid.
You can't accidentally pray to the wrong God, either.

When I think about what God would *look* like, I remember Hebrews 12:29. God is a consuming fire. Pure energy. I like to associate God with something that I can't imagine what it would look like. How would an infinite being, the eternal existence itself look like? This is a lot more interesting to think about. How exactly did His face look in human form is not very important.

Satan can easily appear (key word here) as beautiful, isn't it how he incites lust or the worship of physical beauty. You can be ugly in soul and appear beautiful to others. Illusions will be in play here, so don't be surprised if the Antichrist is beautiful and looks perfect.

I do think that he will in no way be ugly, that is probably an attempt at blasphemy by that guy. But what is your idea of beauty, can't a non-white man be beautiful ? Or maybe he's still white and beautiful and doesn't look like the guy depicted. We just don't know what he looks like with certainty.

This sounds rather New Age-y.
The Son is the exact image and likeness of the Father.

REALLY makes you think

Yeah, really makes me think of hypocrisy. If you don't agree that when the time comes, we'll have to observe and listen to know his nature by how he acts and speaks, then say it frankly.

Did you miss the part where He arrives on horseback in clouds of glory from the sky, accompanied by the armies of Heaven, and announced by deafening trumpets heard everywhere? We'll know without a doubt.

What do you mean by meditating and how it's different from praying?

Then how will the Antichrist fool "almost everyone". Surely "almost everyone" includes christians who have read their Bible, so the Antichrist could as well make the illusion of this vision when he comes down on Earth.

Attached: divmder13.jpg (1237x1800, 139.96K)

No. We are told how the antichrist will come to power, and the real Christ's return will be unmistakable. Christians will be persecuted, since they will not be fooled.

people will be convinced that "coming on a cloud" is only a metaphor

Oh I know that the depictions aren't truthful, it's just the meditation on His humanity that is beautiful in it. It's a small reflection of what it will be. We know vaguely how He looked, (Syrian, beard that wasn't massive, long hair), though not exactly. Such things are one of the purposes of iconagraphy (this picture I posted in OP is possibly my favorite representation of Him though).

The antichrist I am also concerned over, as I wonder, will I be deceived? It only pushes me closer to God in this life, as I know that if I take refuge in the Lord, He will not let me perish like that.

Yes. Somewhat. Different in death of course, but still it's the best we have. It only confirms how He is generally depicted throughout the ages. Pics attached.

I had no idea devotion to His Mercy also included this, I'll add it in to the three o'clock hour meditations for sure. Thank you.

Meditating as in looking at a representation of Christ, and reflecting. It often involves mental prayer or vocal prayer, mainly just resting and thinking of God though in silence. Sometimes God gives it contemplation. Not like eastern (Buddhist, Hindu) religious meditation.

Attached: holyface4.jpg (323x437 48.9 KB, 89.82K)

This is how GOD looks like folks!

They also claim to have received the rosary through a revelation from the virgin Mary. Not to mention all the different relic sites erected by different churches which in all likelihood is just a bunch nonsense made to generate pilgrim revenue and some sort of credibility.

Attached: Untitled.png (1852x329, 120.32K)

I'm starting a new conspiracy theory where Hitler's real goal was to exterminate the last remnants of the True Franks™. Anne Frank, the last true heir of the Karlings was killed, but not before she got pregnant and her male heir was secreted away, and has been in hiding until this day.

Attached: afyz6pkirdc11.jpg (372x512 625.2 KB, 70.59K)

they did, you mad satan?

Namaste

Attached: 08a8ad3ef29ffeaa0271a397f2a77548.jpg (581x768 124.93 KB, 81.77K)

Lol.