Why are Wizards accepted in Christianity but Witches aren't?

Why are Wizards accepted in Christianity but Witches aren't?

Attached: 1535132870327.jpg (1024x768, 110.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us/watch?v=BiwczPUq8vI
invidio.us/watch?v=pYNMYP7DSXg
boards.4chan.org/his/thread/5209996
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5209996/
biblehub.com/greek/strongs_3097.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where?

We don't (usually, unless you're following some very specific non-heretical teachings and practices) accept any sort of power from anything other than God, or users of it.

Using very powerful prayer or saintly intervention can be construed as "wizardry." But that's very different from new age nonsense.

I've run into some anons here, who defend Jesuit mysticism.

What's that?

Attached: Sensible chuckle.gif (248x189, 4.34M)

Straight and to the point.

Wizards = patriarchal and good
Witches = feminist and evil

Simple

Bros before hoes.

Simon Magnus
The Three Wise Men
Merlin

Gnostic heretic.
They were astrologers, not magicians.
Although probably based on a real person, the story is primarily fiction. He may or may not have been Christian, you really can't tell, although it's likely that he was a pagan.

I haven't actually looked into that specific kind of mysticism, but both have been defended on here for better or worse. Mysticism can known as becoming one with God or the Absolute, but may refer to any kind of ecstasy or altered state of consciousness which is given a religious or spiritual meaning. It may also refer to the attainment of insight in ultimate or hidden truths, and to human transformation supported by various practices and experiences. The problem is that is sometimes goes against Christianity with harmful hidden truths.

I hope you're not using Gnostic texts to expand on Christian Characters, those anonymous authors are not as reliable as the bible. The bible's account to Simon isn't accepting of what he practiced.
The Bible does not say there were only three wise men. There could have been many more. Tradition says that there were three and that their names were Gaspar/Caspar, Melchior, and Balthasar/Balthazar, but since the Bible does not say, we have no way of knowing whether the tradition is accurate. the magi were men who 1) read and believed God's Word, 2) sought Jesus, 3) recognized the worth of Christ, 4) humbled themselves to worship Jesus, and 5) obeyed God rather than man. So they would know not to practice wizardry.
Wher is Merlin in the bible?

The bible isn't accepting of Wizards, or witches, it is odd that it doesn't talk about women too much though, especially since their position in Judaism.

Magoi not NASA okay

Define … "accepted"
(pic related)

LOL
You mean Simon Magus?! He's well known as a heretic.
This and
You're being a n00b, OP. Have another go.

Attached: proofs3.jpg (568x335, 64.51K)

Wizards, like, +30 year old virgins?

I thought wizards were heretics too. Except in LotR, then it depends on the guy.

Attached: gandalf10.gif (500x206, 592.18K)

Me two, this is a good thing right guys…no fornication for us….right…uh guize?

Attached: 304b1e11ae920e50b8f5cbd4eb1aaead0e6c8fbd6c5bb20f742d7911773671d5.jpg (294x320, 36.14K)

idk. Sometimes I wish I had been a sex-crazed atheist in my youth so I'd be able to say for sure that living without fornication is better, but I don't think I'll ever know. Maybe it's for the better, but again I'll never know. I think that maybe some men aren't meant to have a wife, even if it would make us happy. I've heard from everyone that's married tell me to wait for the right one and be patient and whatever, but that's so easy for them to say from the position of being married since they were 20 years old.

Attached: gandalf11.jpg (300x437, 30.42K)

I kind of was a sex crazed Atheist (even though i'm still a virgin), i had a gf, and most of what she would do was just perform oral sex, i never even cared for her at all. It's really not as great as many would believe. You get used to it really quickly. I remember her telling me that she always felt like she was second best, she was beautiful, and not only it wasn't enough for me, but i was oblivious to her. I just kept looking at other celebrities and women.

If my anecdote wasn't enough here is one of a satanist who was really sex crazed. Another good example of this is hugh hefner. My self deprecating humor in my last post was a joke, but despite not having too much experience on this topic personally, meaningless sex isn't good, and it effects your future relationships/marriage. Just makes sure she is the right good person.
God will bring you a wife, when you are ready, in the mean time, keep bettering yourself.

invidio.us/watch?v=BiwczPUq8vI

invidio.us/watch?v=pYNMYP7DSXg

Attached: anti-fornication s.jpg (4920x4161, 5.84M)

Considering also that the word magi is rooted in a Zoroastrian caste known for astrology, it is quite clear that they were astrologers, not wizards.

Sex without love is like using a woman as a masturbation object. It's base lust, shameful after, depressing overall and the prestige that comes with it in some circles of imbeciles is hollow. The Bible calls me a "whoremonger". All you've missed is being devoured by the lusts of the flesh and living in such a way you forget what love actually is. One of the sickest things about our civilization now is we associate fornication with love, they're not the same at all. As a result we have lives increasingly void of love and try to fill that void with sin. I did it, I was miserable. What you're missing is brief rushes of animal lust, an orgasm, then shame and emptiness. We defiled each other. Get these thoughts out of your head. They're all lies.

It's like you googled "wizards and Christianity" and just went with the first three things you found without once researching the context.

Astrologers taught by the stars to worship the one true God

Attached: 9WtjTcz.jpg (258x195, 10.71K)

It's still possible that they had prior practiced all sorts of divination. Keep in mind this all occurred before Jesus had atoned for anything.
If you ask me it was all just an added embellishment to the already fanciful nativity account.
The real story starts at the baptism.

But I'll never know for myself. My point is that all of the words of encouragement I hear are from other people who can't understand where I'm coming from, or people who don't know what they're talking about. Heck, even you've had a gf, one that had sex with you, even if it wasn't vaginal. That counts for something. I've never even liked women in a non-sexual manner. I'm not a homosexual, I just dislike women and their very nature (I understand this is wrong, no need to berate me on that point). I find them all so repulsive.
God has shown no signs that I need a wife and given me no reason to search for one besides this parasite between my legs. Not that I don't seek to better myself, I just don't see a need to do it for some woman that I won't love out of anything but a sense of responsibility.

How would I know that it's a bad thing if I've never experienced it? I've lied as a Christian, and it doesn't feel good. I've stolen as a Christian, and it doesn't feel good. But sex is different. I've got an organ specifically made to tell me to do it. Nothing but my brain tells me to lie or steal, but my penis tells me to fornicate and I have no experience to counteract this.

The only good view I've heard on sex outside of marriage is my uncle's. He fornicated outside of marriage a lot before he became Christian, and he still had a problem with it after. His exact words to me when I was a kid were
This is the only position I've had any respect for, and I rarely hear other Christians willing to admit that sex does feel good regardless of if you’re married or not. Maybe I’m the one spewing bs though, but I’ll ‘’never know’’ because I’ll never have the ‘’experience’’ to know.

Sorry for this long angry post. I should calm down.

Attached: gandalf8.png (853x356, 339.01K)

Just the other day on /his/ there was a Bible translation thread in which it was being argued whether Hebrew cashaph (כָּשַׁף) should be translated was witch or sorcerer.
boards.4chan.org/his/thread/5209996
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5209996/

In any case the word for the wise men is also used in Acts 13:6-8 for Elymas "Bar-Jesus" and has been translated there as sorcerer.
biblehub.com/greek/strongs_3097.htm

The Bible shits on him because he was the father of the heretics.
Wtf?