Fiction

What childhood heroes did you have?
Do you think they'd make it to heaven?
Did converting to Christianity make you like them more or less?

For me it was Goku, and I definitely think they'd be saved via the virtuous pagan clause.

Attached: goku luke.jpg (500x375, 46.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us/watch?v=JimwZgzi8vE
screenrant.com/batman-atheist-dc-comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty normie, but my hero as a kid was Spider-man from the 1994 animated series.
invidio.us/watch?v=JimwZgzi8vE
1:55

I don't know about this version of Spidey specifically, but Spider-man in the comics is a Christian, so he'd definitely get there. Most of the time superheroes aren't made with a certain religion in mind though, unless they're made by sjw tranny NuMarvel writers

I was raised as a Christian, so I don't have an answer, but I'd imagine it would. The idea of some kid doing all he can to help others while his life with his family and friends gets put to the side seems inherently Christian to me.

Attached: Spider-man.jpg (640x480 59.62 KB, 43.12K)

Batman.
After conversion made me respect him even more because:
1. He No Kill;
2. He's literally Christian (at least in the classics, not the modern dreck they print out these days)

Attached: batman___happy_father_s_day_by_bhargav08-da6xd1h.jpg (1024x666, 110.57K)

Too bad he's an atheist now because catwoman cancelled their marriage.

" The break-up with Catwoman has turned everything upside down, and proved to Bruce that Batman isn't God after all. Batman couldn't save Bruce from his despair over losing Catwoman. "

screenrant.com/batman-atheist-dc-comics/

Attached: Batman-Atheist-Christianity-Comic.jpg (738x369, 65.66K)

Indy
Maybe
Well, Harrison Ford is a jew, so…

Nice meme

Attached: serveimage (2).jpeg (1395x930, 189.14K)

pics related.
also, didn't he shoot at guys with his batmobile and blow people up in the 1989 film? I think he threw a guy down the stairs in that last fight too, besides the Joker. Good movie though.

I always thought of the first film as his journey of being a skeptic to accepting the power of God.
Unfortunate, I didn't know that. Of course I just assumed he was an atheist, so I suppose that's a step up.

Attached: batmangun2.png (700x328 58.66 KB, 70.07K)

stop

I never viewed any superheros as role models, probably because as a child I was too stupid to think about such things, I simply thought they were cool

I bet you're on of those people who take apocrypha way too seriously too.

Dont we have /co/ thread already.
I wish that summer will end soon

Look man, watching the Last Crusade a thousand times as a young child made me a christian

It's actually smart not to limit your role models to something the world created.

*slurp*

Ed
Well he did meet God.
Unlike Ed, I never went through an edgy atheist phase so I wouldn’t know.

Attached: E1772B54-72E1-4996-9F9B-BBB47D161E92.jpeg (503x757, 91.87K)

Doomguy
Yes. He a canon devout Christian.
Hard to get more Christian than killing demons and making satan your bitch.

This non-fictional, but I used to be and kind of still am a huge fan of Miyamoto Musashi.
Can't say that definitely, but I'm pretty sure he didn't go to hell. He was a crazy manslayer in his youth, but in his later years he didn't kill in his duels and was more interested in art. He also raised a number of peasant boy disciples to be high ranking Samurai. That and considering how humble he was in his bearings.
Neither. I think he was still misguided on the path, but he did try to go on the right track. If there hadn't been a stigma against Christianity back in his day and if he had devoted time to it, I think he would have found profound wisdom in Jesus and His life.

Attached: 1516426900.jpg (479x762, 36.28K)

Wouldn't including "world created" heroes only increase your amount of heroes? It's not like the Bible goes away just because you watched a cartoon that wasn't directly based on the Bible.

Doomguy's ancestor is BJ Blazkowicz, so that makes him jewish.

He canon dies and goes to hell. He's not devout.

our boss is that guy Joshua ben Miriam.

What's it matter if he's a jew by blood?

That was a retcon to promote Nu-Wolfenstein

Is spider man Catholic in the main comics universe? Of course ignoring the heresies that the marvel universe has like multiple worlds etc.

Jesus ancestor was Kind David, so that makes Jesus Jewish.

Yeah, but the thing is, that's not why I didn't view them as role models, I just didn't think about things like role models when I was young

No, Joseph's ancestor was King David. Joseph was not Jesus' father.

Mary was also descendent of David.

Biblical citation needed.

you fools super heroes have no religion they follow their own moral compass also almost all of them atheist i mean come on

spider-man is a man of science just like iron man and mr.fantastic none of them belive in god

Attached: b70236fb0132eaacc7ddf3601eee0158.jpg (512x384, 27.86K)

Is Mary a descendant of David?

A: In both genealogies of Jesus, one in Matthew 1.6, the other in Luke 3.31, the ancestry of David is mentioned … for Jesus. Further, it was common knowledge and expectation for New Testament times and writings that the Messiah would be of the House of David. Joseph is clearly pointed out as descendant of David in both genealogies. On the other hand, New Testament sources are silent about Mary's descendance from David. However, through her marriage with Joseph she enters his family and legally becomes, she and her son Jesus, a part of the House of David. This is not exactly what we mean by Davidic descendance. Again, important passages of the Old Testament such as Jer. 11,1.10; Jer. 23.5, and Ps 132.11 indicate Jesus' Davidic lineage and thus suggest that Mary, too, was of the same. What seems to corroborate this is that according to custom the bridegroom (Joseph) would choose his bride (Mary) from among the women of his own tribe. This explanation would then be in accordance with the fact that Jesus' origin is not human but divine, i.e., without the cooperation of Joseph. Post-biblical tradition sees in Mary a descendant of David from early times on: Tertullian (+after 220) (De carne Christi 21, PL 2, 833) is first, but there is also Ambrose, Jerome, Hesichius of Jerusalem, Pope Leo the Great, and, most explicitly, Paschasius Radbertus (+ 859) (Exp. in Matthaeum, lib. 1, cap. 1, PL 120, 77-80, 89) … among others. In the Litanies of Loreto we find the advocation "Tower of David," meaning Mary is compared to a not further known building of old Jerusalem used in the Song of Songs to describe the beauty of the bride(4,4).

I'm pretty sure that Batman in Dark Knight Trilogy is a Christ metaphor

In the Dark Knight, Batman "dies" for Gotham's sins. Rather than allow the name of justice to be smudged and the hope for peace to be darkened, Batman takes upon himself blame for actions that were not his. And there are something devilish about the most iconic villains in the trilogy, Joker and Bane, not just in their looks and demeanour, but how they manipulate people through deception and causing fear and despair, even trying to tempt Batman himself (like how Satan tried to tempt Jesus)

In the sequel, the people of Gotham are ready to prosecute Batman as a villain for the Jokers actions, much like how Jesus was persecuted for the evil of others. But true believers await for his return, hoping he'll deliver them justice and be their savior from total destruction from evil. He rises from that pit (probably the most blatant symbolism) and exactly does that despite having no obligation to these people (even Catwoman says so), because he loves his city.

Attached: 5b9fb1b807ba6863d0f44789895ff989d76c7c8629e8477de072272055e1d8c7.jpg (510x330, 76.09K)

Explains why they're so ineffective at stopping crime

Jesus was not a jew, He is God and Holy Spirit.

The human part was Jew, unless you are modalist heretic

Well the catechism states there will be a new earth after reaching heaven, and I suspect a lot of terrestrial fantasies will come true.

But the catholic church talks about multiple universes on the website formed.org under the "cosmic origins" film. The website is part of St Augustine association.

I'm not a modalist.

1) Jesus was not a jew. The entire old testament was about the genealogical purification so that God could be born out of a pure flesh through our immaculate lady Mary.

2) To say Jesus was a jew is the same as using the lowest quality to define the highest substance.

Protestant, I believe. Venom is Catholic though.

Attached: Venomcatholic2.jpg (800x873 383.77 KB, 246.03K)

Yeah, I don’t get the people who say “ANYONE CAN BE REDEEMED SINCE GOD WAS A FILTHY JEW!!!” There are much parables to convey the same message and that quote nullifies the need for Mary to be pure since they claim God was in a “filthy jewish body.”

I'm having trouble following that logic.

Polite sage because I can't really think of anyone.

Attached: 1409806234948.jpg (160x160, 4.29K)

It's le "God doesn't gib me what I want" meme. It makes sense if you're a teenager in your fedora-tipping phase.

you must be new, this is our board

Attached: intolerant left.jpg (1200x667, 214.13K)

My hero

Attached: mj-thriller-825.jpg (825x656, 112.82K)

Kenshin Himura. I don't know if he made it to heaven. He displayed Christian morality.

Attached: BattousaiTheManslayer.png (732x522, 215.7K)

Kenshin didn’t make it to heaven because he never accepted Christ. That said the anime did have a filler arc that had Christian characters in it

Attached: souless ginger.jpg (200x193, 20.89K)

Jesus was born a jew but his effect on Judaism invalidates it, you cannot be a jew and believe in Christ, like being an atheist Christian. There is a difference between pre and post Christianity Judaism, even if they were always sacrificing kids to satan.

Attached: Judaism is younger than Christianity (2).webm (320x240, 2.4M)

Face it laddy your fictional role model would of been in the Lake of Fire if he was real person especially when he showed in the beginning of the Shimabara arc that he had adequate knowledge of Christianity and spending throughout the arc fighting and defending Christians and yet still didn’t convert even till his death in his Reflection movie nor when his muscles were deteriorating in the end of the Juppongatana arc in the manga.

Attached: 7EE36345-8124-46C6-BC83-C8DE3C8878E6.jpeg (236x197, 27.78K)

Tintin
Yes

Attached: 5b43c80a28326de3b9c8b248ab35d0eb.jpg (980x1192, 132.46K)

That's poor faith, user. Maybe if those Christians he was defending had been better at their conversion game, he might have done it. Paul would be ashamed.

Not to mention that the main Christian villain guy turned out to be faking his messianic status.

winnie the pooh off, jew.