Pennsylvania Teen junkie denied medical help,she shits & spews to death,Fam gets $5M

A small Pennsylvania county will pay nearly $5 million to the family of a teenager who collapsed and died after four days of heroin withdrawal in jail. The family's lawyer said jail staff ignored her dire medical needs for days and then lied about it.

Victoria "Tori" Herr, 18, was arrested for the first time on March 27, 2015, after police looking for her boyfriend found drugs in their apartment. Herr told intake staff at the Lebanon County Correctional Facility she used 10 bags of heroin a day, and confided to a cellmate that she feared the withdrawal process would be tough.

She went through severe bouts of vomiting and diarrhea over the next four days, and was given Ensure, water and adult diapers, according to the lawsuit. But she could not keep the fluids down and collapsed of apparent dehydration as she was being brought back to her cell from the medical unit on March 31. Herr lost consciousness and went into cardiac arrest, according to the Lebanon Daily News.

She died in a hospital on April 5.

"Anyone who looked at her would have known that she was very sick and that she needed attention," said Jonathan Feinberg, a civil rights lawyer in Philadelphia who represents her family. "There was a complete disregard for her needs, which can only be tied back to the fact that she was addicted to drugs."

He said a simple trip to the emergency room for intravenous fluids would have saved her life.

The family settled their civil rights and wrongful death claims with the county this month for $4.75 million, he said.

"It's certainly one of the largest settlements in at least the last 10 years involving the death of a prisoner in civil rights litigation," Feinberg told the Lebanon Daily News. "When there are breakdowns in the way a prison is run, and when those breakdowns cause harm like the unimaginable harm that was caused to Tori Herr, this suit shows that prisons and staff will be held accountable."

Feinberg believes medical staff lied about taking Herr's vital signs shortly before the collapse, given that she never regained consciousness. Emma Freudenberger, a lawyer who was part of the team that filed the lawsuit, told the Lebanon Daily News that a nurse said under oath that she took the teen's vital signs and they were normal about 10 minutes before she collapsed. However, she said a corrections officer who was there contradicted that testimony.

Lawyer Hugh O'Neill, who represents Warden Robert Karnes, two nurses and other jail staff, said no county employees acknowledged any wrongdoing as part of the settlement. "The case was resolved amicably," he said, declining to say this week if the county had reviewed or revised any policies in the wake of Herr's death.

The statement said the death was investigated by the Pennsylvania State Police and the Lehigh County Coroner and neither referred the matter to prosecutors for further investigation.

Increasingly, policymakers see jail and prison as an opportune time to intervene and offer medical help for people with opioid addictions.

The Pennsylvania Corrections Department, under Secretary John Wetzel, has started offering methadone and other drugs approved to treat opioid addiction.

Nationally, some studies show that about 25 percent of people entering local jails are addicted to opioids, Only a fraction of the facilities offer medication as part of a treatment plan

Herr, severely dehydrated, had begged for lemonade in a phone call with her mother on March 30. Stephanie Moyer tried to visit later that day, but was turned away and told her daughter was fine. The next time she saw Herr — who graduated from high school despite her addiction — she was on a ventilator.

Feinberg said he hopes the lawsuit will remind even the smallest counties they have a duty to care for inmates battling addiction.

"The days of viewing people addicted to drugs as junkies unworthy of sympathy and care, are long past," Feinberg said. "It's a very short chain of events that leads to death."

cbsnews.com/news/victoria-herr-pennsylvania-county-to-pay-4-75m-in-jailed-teens-heroin-withdrawal-death/

archive.is/JeUck

Attached: Capture.JPG (718x406, 42.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/63mtvbV8e0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cute kid.
Crime:drug use
Punishment:Tortured to death

The family settled their civil rights and wrongful death claims with the county this month for $4.75 million,

Family should have said fuck you, and wanted the jailers charged with man slaughter.

But I have a feeling they were cunts, and that's part of the reason she was an addict

she used 10 bags of heroin a day..don't know how much that was, but sounds like a lot.

And she graduated from highschool while using?

Where's she get the money for that?

Probably a teen hooker

sounds like a win win for the family. offload the worthless femtrash 3d pig baggage and get a nice blameless cash package in exchange which will easily be worth more than she ever could have been.

Yeah, but that cash comes from the taxpayer. Now a family of trash that produced the trash that died has more money. I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing.

Unlikely.

C O R R E C T I O N :

the money comes from the INSURANCE COMPANY

lol @ your assumption that only low class people self medicate

hopefully, during your next 25+ years on this planet, you'll gain the real life experience and first hand knowledge that you failed to gain during your first 25+ years

By the way, I would be remiss if I failed to mention that DRUGS aren't the only way people self medicate

Some people (look in a mirror) become addicted to sloth, video games, anime, and imageboards…

Ironically, although she and her boyfriend were physically dependent on opioids, they had EACHOTHER……

which apparently proves that your creepy addictions have had a much more detrimental effect, lonely boy.

That's great
Tell someone who gives a rat's ass

you're an expert at stating the obvious

NOT GIVING A RAT'S ASS is exactly how you became a lonely laughing stock who spends his solitary existence sitting in front of an obsolete computer

trust me: nobody ever thought you did this to yourself because 'you cared'

If only you could turn back the hands of time, and instead of going down the 'dungeons and dragons' star wars video game expressway to loneliness, you could choose heroin instead….

she was Jewish.

the name 'Herr' is German Jew

she didn't know how to do her makeup worth a shit, and in this photo, her attempt at 'emo hair' ended up looking like a rat's nest….

but she was a human being
…..still just a kid…..

a kid with hopes and dreams and goals

she was fully aware that she had fucked up her life by becoming physically dependent on opioids… that's why she had notified the jail staff and other inmates…..

Attached: IMG_20181026_100253.jpg (1079x1121, 150.46K)

I N S U M M A R Y :

none of us reserves the right to assume
we can look down our noses at others…

we are ALL broken

THE REAL TOPIC OF THIS STORY:

the 'red white and blue' law and order system so many of you believe in is flawed and unable to function

The criminal justice system is run by low IQ morons

The jail staff is required by law to KEEP INMATES SAFE

she had not been convicted of anything. she was simply being detained after being charged with a violation of the law.

during an inmates incarceration, the jail staff is tasked with 'keeping the rockstar alive until they are delivered backstage' in a courtroom.

By law, all jails are required to have a trained medical staff.

But the reality is that these 'medical personnel' are almost always completely incompetent, belligerent, abusive idiots who have no right being there.

They become jaded. They stop seeing the inmates as 'people', and take it upon themselves to use their tiny bit of 'authority' to sadistically abuse and neglect inmates.

Cops are abusive as fuck, too.

And when these people behave negligently and abusively, it's very rare that they are charged criminally.

The 'red white and blue' patriotism that you blindly salute is a MYTH

civil litigation isn't really fitting in this case

the entire jail staff needed to be arrested, and charged with manslaughter or negligent homicide

Attached: IMG_20181026_102203.jpg (1033x1420, 97.97K)

If this was your sister, and she had notified the jail staff that she had diabetes, and as she slipped into a diabetic coma, they offered her a sugar free cookie, then perhaps you'd understand what actually happened here.

THE JAIL STILL REFUSES TO ADMIT TO WRONGDOING
Lebanon County won't admit wrongdoing in the death of 2015 jail inmate Tori Herr, but the $4.75 million being paid on behalf of the county to Herr's estate holds the jail accountable, according to the estate's attorney.

Being called one of the largest civil prison settlements in the last decade, the deal between Lebanon County and the estate of Tori Herr attempts to hold the county accountable after "breakdowns in the way the prison is run" allowed Herr to die after untreated heroin withdrawal, attorneys for the estate say.

Tori Herr was addicted to heroin and had withdrawal symptoms at the time of her death, according to allegations included in the lawsuit. On March 31, 2015, Herr collapsed outside of her cell, lost consciousness and went into cardiac arrest. She died on April 5, 2015, at Lehigh Valley Hospital.

She had not received medical attention for several days previously despite severe withdraw symptoms, according to the lawsuit.

“It’s certainly one of the largest settlements in at least the last ten years involving the death of a prisoner in civil rights litigation,” said Jonathan Feinberg, an attorney representing Tori Herr's estate and her mother, Stephanie Moyer. “When there are breakdowns in the way a prison is run, and when those breakdowns cause harm like the unimaginable harm that was caused to Tori Herr, this suit shows that prisons and staff will be held accountable.”

Attached: f1bbda85-4b97-4c9c-ad4c-451bad8fa55a-AP18296441515178(2).jpg (1080x1440, 92.23K)

Background: Tori Herr's mother sues county over death

“Tori Herr should not have died in the Lebanon County Correctional Facility," Feinberg said. "She had a serious condition which could have easily been treated."

Lebanon County Administrator Jamie Wolgemuth offered the following statement on behalf of the county:

"A mutually agreeable settlement has been reached with the Estate of Victoria Herr. This settlement enables all of the parties to end the litigation surrounding the tragic death of Victoria Herr in the days following her incarceration at the Lebanon County Correctional Facility in March 2015. Ms. Herr’s death was investigated by the Pennsylvania State Police and the Lehigh County Coroner. These investigative bodies did not refer any matter for further inquiry by any prosecutorial agencies."

Eyewitness account: Cellmate recalls Tori Herr's final days

Emma Freudenberger, an attorney who was also part of the legal team that filed the lawsuit, said prison staff engaged in contradictions and "lies" during deposition following Tori Herr's death.

For example, a nurse said under oath that she took Tori Herr's vital signs 10 minutes before she went into cardiac arrest and found them to be normal, Freudenberger said. That testimony was contradicted by a corrections officer who was present.

Prison Warden Robert Karnes also testified during a deposition that he did not read the state police investigative report following Herr's death, Freudenberger said.

More: Warden says Lebanon County prison followed all protocols

"(Prison officials) went out of their way to avoid investigating Tori Herr's death," she said.

Hugh O'Neill, defense council for the county's liability insurance carrier, stressed that the prison did refer the case to state police and an autopsy was performed in Lehigh County. The settlement carries no admission of liability on the part of the county, O'Neill said.

The funds used to settle the case will come from the county's liability insurance carrier, which is a risk-retention pool provided by the County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania, O'Neill said.

The settlement ends the lawsuit against the county and against county officials named in the report, including Karnes, Feinberg said.

Moyer does not wish to comment, preferring to speak through her attorneys, according to Feinberg.

Attached: 635858695052183772-0517-MWS-MKD-TORI-25-5533143.JPG.jpg (1080x1405, 119K)

Brother of Las Vegas Oct 1 gunman, Eric paddock pops up on a live stream last night and says die! youtu.be/63mtvbV8e0Y

Fuck the Paddock family.

Attached: PicsArt_10-26-11.01.16.jpg (1080x1920, 221.46K)

prolly the abusive dad that made her choke on his dick after rough anal is going to get the money.

awwwwww, you're adorable when you're demonstrating your sexual frustrations

My 18 yr old nephew was in the same boat.

Never went to jail.

Was 16 yrs old and a dentist gave him percs for an injured tooth.

His dad, my brother is an alcoholic, and so was our dad.
I won't touch the stuff(or any drug except weed which I tried on and off but quit).

While, I used tobacco for a long while, but quit when I couldn't stop hacking.

So my nephew graduated to large quantities of oxy.

He never went the heroin route, because he dealt oxys and could afford them.

He had our families support and started methadone and now is off that at 23 yrs old.

Has a full time job(a trade) and lives with his GF's family)-who helped him also.

My brother was fucked up for yrs and I was a surrogate father to him and I would have told them to choke on the blood money if this happened to him.

Family is all if you try to make it a good one, despite some real bitterness.

So to

Sounds like you and/or your family may be the trash.
Best you re-evaluate your existence on this planet

SOMEONE MAKEAPP THIS THOT ASAP

So instead of throwing these useless drug addicts in an oven, eventually every building in the United States will be forced to keep heroin on hand. Fucking insane that everyone else has to just go through their shit, but magicallyy heroin addicts get everything for free.

no bright boy, methadone

The Nazis would have looked at yor IQ results and used you for slave labor

OH HELL NO

NOT MUH IMAGEBOARDS

This isn’t social media, it’s scholarship.

Herr means Mr.

Some families can’t be salvaged.

The first day she spent vomiting should have thrown up flags and put her in the hospital.

That’s something you will never know, and therefore you’re an idiot.

Holy fuck you glow in the dark. The word oven is enough to get you enraged now? You are a fucking retarded faggot, it's like if I said someone smokes weed and you go ACKSHULLY IT WAS CANADA KUSH AN INDICA GOSH GET IT RIGHT.

If that is where you got your ego boost for the day you need to reevaluate your entire life . I forget exactly what it was because I'm not a useless junkie , but I remember hearing about people with methadone and subuxone doing something so they could inject those. I also remember hearing criminals bragging about making five grand a month flipping the methadone/subuxone that they get since they are poor innocent snowflake addicts , which they then turned into heroin. Therefore the state has to keep heroin on hand for dumb fuck junkies

That's like me saying that the state gives junkies food and you saying ACKSHULLY THEY GIVE THEM FOOD STAMPS. oh my bad, I'll be sure to tip toe around your autism next time chaim.

What a qt

Judge me all you want but only the Big Man in the heavens can do that

The only reason this particular overdose/withdrawal death story is going viral, is because of male thirst combined with excessive make up.
If the exact circumstances were repeated but with a change from female to male, no one would give a shit.
This is literally one of the best examples of the power of makeup and why the fallen angels (nephilim) taught the art of make up to men in the first place.

>1. And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures. 2. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjaza taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal
You retards are literally falling for unpatched bio-tech exploits thousands of years old.
No wonder they call you "goyim".

Decisions, decisions…

Everybody sucks. Thanks for further confirmation of reality. Standby for breaking news about the state of water:

It is wet.

but she's white so no one gives a shit.
If this were a nigger, the entire prison would be shut down for months and everyone involved would themselves be sent to prison
our society worships niggers

Attached: commie faggot.jpg (1024x683, 142.73K)

This is the only semi interesting post about fake gay religion I have ever seen

I bet you think smoking weed is like totally rad maaaan

Faggot