How do I deal with a nagging mother...

How do I deal with a nagging mother? I am 18 and live at home and I just have a big ego and can't stand her shouting and telling me what to do.

Attached: 1534023993340.jpg (400x416, 19.67K)

Thou shalt honor thy father and thy mother, that you may live long in the land the Lord has promised you.
Put your ego aside and listen to what she says through the lens that she is older and almost certainly wiser than you and attempt to honor her the best you can. Now, that being said:
Pick one.

She implies that I am lazy and a bum for not "doing anything" since highschool even though I was lied to about not being able to do A levels (qualifications you need for uni) and then being bullied out by the teachers from another college. She moves to the north of england and raises her african american son up in a 0.2% black town/city and acts surprised when he doesn't excel academically. She said I was a tigger for skipping a college course I was way overqualified for and was mislead into. I should have been doing A levels but no I was training to be tech support. Then 2 months later I changed college to do a level 1 motorcycle course (basic maintenance) because I had to be in education according to the government. Then at 18 I was doing A levels but the teachers colluded against me together with the students and bullied me out of it. My parents didn't believe me and forced me to continue which I obliged. Didn't skip a single day because my mum would verbally assualt me for even going home early because my step dad wanted that sweet child benefits. 6 months later I have a psycotic breakdown. Encouaged me to apply for an unpaid work experience at a cafe, then shamed me for quitting it after a week and a half. Now I'm doing a level 2 barbering course and starting in 4 days because I need a job and was a neet for 4 months since not even tesco wants to hire me.
I've been learning how to drive though.

Attached: 1534023933759.png (394x360, 139.44K)

sounds like you are not dealing with honest people.
and your parents sound terrible, and yet, at the end of the day they are supposed to be the ones who care about you the most.

They aren't terrible people at all. My mother is great. I know I'm a dissapointment but I can't be to blame. I've had it stacked against me from the start.

Please elaborate. How did these things happen?

yeah you already pointed out that theyre dishonest so therefore youre absolved for being accountable to people who are mismanaging their authority over you by being irresponsible.

Attached: 2A93AA27-178A-49B2-827F-F6864B263158.jpeg (220x219, 34.68K)

Looks like the problem is that big ego of yours. Nagging is not really a big deal. Pray for humility and practice some mortification of whatever passions are leading you to clash with your mom.

stfu and be independent

Attached: Untitled.jpg (519x412, 22.08K)

You need some life experience to deal with things as an adult rather than a perpetual child (im not criticizing you i think it’s just the truth). I recommend doing something completely independent for a while, like working something simple overseas, you can work in a cruise ship or do farm work, construction work etc. When you return you’ll see your constricted environment through a wider lens, you’ll have the upper hand in everything and be able to do what you want without making people angry.

Also if you’re not already active in the church look into it, but it’s probably better to do it once your mind isn’t so suffocated.

I don't have a big ego, I however don't like how my parents (especially my mother) treated me throughout my life. Thanks to them I developed anger issues.
Those little times when I defy them they always use the "honor thy parents", because they know I'm religious, and the verse make their consequences wash away. Why didn't God made a rule to be good with the children?

My parents weren't dishonest and I never implied that. If you got that impression it wasn't my intention. Truthfully. They're the most loving and kind people God could have blessed me with. Frankly, i don't deserve them.

If you are living with family, do what your parents ask of you without question. If you cannot stand it, leave.

oh ok. why are you complaining?

Move to detroit.

Not to be the defense attorney here but all this recommendation of simply becoming independent is an easy way to get trapped in the mundane grind of debt slavery and procreation. These could be some of the main discouragements of people who "check out". Perhaps some advice on how to avoid thots and scams could be appreciated, similar to the way pregnant women could use assistance from pro-lifers but that's a whole nother can of worms.

You're all over the place when it comes to the courses you were taking. From tech, to mechanic, to now barber. You need to decide what you want to do and then enroll in classes for that. If it's tech then do that. Put up with the BS and make good grades and get the degree you want. 18 is young but don't mess around because the sooner you decide on the path you want to go down the better your life will be. Then you can move out and live a good life on your own. Being a responsible adult is the ultimate way to honor your parents.

Join the army m8 and leave home for barracks. It'll put hairs on your chest. Obey your parents except when they command you to gravely sin.

Curse her with a satanic ritual

LOL

no thanks.

Get a job; fund hobbies and an outside-the-house (i.e., not internet-based) social life; move out.

no.

You can't live in your parents' house forever.

I don't, I'm not op; but nice try at shaming.
even if I did I wouldn't feel once ounce of guilt for it though.
In fact I just might move back. My parents are retired and relatively wealthy.
and I have no intention of giving any thots jurisdictional authority to my property through the judiciary.

Attached: comfy.jpg (900x900, 146.21K)

Have fun being alone forever and never making any impact in your life user. The system is whack but the answer isn't to be a NEET and stay on the computer and bum off of others all day. Ideally you get enough from the system that you can function indepenedently from it and then you withdraw from it.God knows how taxes work. He is not going to punish you for your government's corruption. But he will punish you for being lazy and taking advantage of others.
While youre young it's okay to not have a job and live at home with your parents but if you keep this up by 25 all your friends will have dropped you because they know they'll be the one's paying if you want to do anything, they will feel uncomfortable having to be in your parent's house when they just want to hang out with you, and they will be unable to relate because they actually have to work for their food and life.

Don't join infantry then. Not every job involves killing.
Abp Sheen: The Officers are the last bastion of discipline and morality in a crumbling society.

If you are moral then you can use your position to avoid killing people where someone else would have. If the army was composed mainly of Catholics then there would be no murder

ITT: Pathetic manbaby whines about "muh real life"

OP the exact same things happened to me.

But unlike you I'm not a pathetic lazy manchild who wants everything done for them. I got a part time job just so I had something to do so I wouldn't feel like a pathetic waste of space. You just quit when TESCO refused you showing how unaware you are of how real life works.
You need work experience. That's why I got a Job at a Spar instead of a TESCO. because in a years time I'll have the experience to get a better paying job at say TESCO or ASDA etc
Then I actually took the time to look at University courses available to me and I am planning on doing a really good one next year. You're acting like everything is stacked against you when In reality your mother is right.

You're just lazy

I'm a Brit and I had never heard of this bait-and-switch until now. What is actually happening here? It seems incredibly alarming that sixth form colleges would accept students with good enough GCSE grades to do their A levels but then say they would have to do something else instead.

I asked OP about this but he didn't respond so I assumed he was twisting the truth, but now there are two people saying this is happening. Who gets 'told' they can do A levels without choosing specific courses anyway?

I went to a interview and they looked at my results and told me I could.They even booked me in for taster lessons for those subjects so after trying them I was like yeah I can do this.

When in for enrollment and suddenly it was like
"Oh these grades aren't good enough" despite already being told by someone more important than them they were good enough and even doing taster lessons for my subjects. I felt pressured because I didn't want to drop out of college before I'd even started and they knew this. They were like "well you could do a BTEC" so I visited the person who arranges that and she only told me about a select few that were irrelevant to my GCSE subjects. I think what basically happens is anyone who doesn't get all A*s is worth winnie the pooh over. Didn't even end there my entire education there was just them caring about their Image as opposed to if any of us were actually doing well and kissing the asses of A level students

What sort of college doesn't advertise the grade requirements on paper somewhere? I find it amazing that there wasn't some prospectus, letter, etc. which was written evidence of the GCSE grades they wanted.

Oh no there was. You needed I think 3 or 4 B's but they still lumped me in with the BTECs in the end. It's all just about their Image I honestly think the only reason they put me in a BTEC was because they knew I was overqualified and that I'd find it piss easy so they could have a nice little poster child and say "if you come here you'll do really good like this student did!"
I only think this because this is literally what they did, they're handing out prospectus with me as a example in them right now lmao

This OP. Joining the army gave my family so many opportunities. I didn't have to kill anyone either. But I was able to feed, house and provide healthcare for my wife and kids, donate to charity and get my parents some sweet Christmas gifts.When I got out I was able to go to school and get a career. Yeah war is always a possibility but in that case, I know I'm not going to kill a civillian or anything. If they try to make me, well there's laws against that.And if I did die at least I know I would've done something my life other than nothing. I have kids to leave behind and to leave stuff behind to.

Man sometimes I think the American education system is screwed but this sounds way complicated. You don't get to pick your degree?? Is that what you're saying? In the U.S. you can pretty much pick any major for your degree despite high school grades. You might not get into the best school, but most employers don't really care as long as you have the degree.

What if you're ordered to fire white phosphorous at enemy positions and you end up killing crowds of innocents a la [i]Spec Ops: The Line[/i].What if you shoot someone who looks like he is carrying a weapon but it turns out it was actually a civilian carrying some power tools? This isn't the Napoleonic era when combatants all wore bright uniforms which marked them out from the civilians. If you're willing to be put in a combat situation then you have to accept the possibility of civilian death, friendly fire, etc.

In Britain there is a distinction between college and university, with colleges typically being the pre-requisite for university but also offering non-academic courses.

Read up on Just War theory, and passively resist orders that contravene moral law.

Colonel wants you to artillery strike a village in a country they are illegally invading? Just ignore the order and do a St Thomas More until the war is over, or you are court marshalled. At least you'll have saved lives.