Begome wesdern ride ordodox! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

begome wesdern ride ordodox! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Attached: 230374.p.jpg (900x800 370.35 KB, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

orthochristian.com/91138.html
wroradio.blogspot.com/?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

no thx

You can't even tell they're christian in that second image. They even have pagan runes on their dresses.

Attached: 13426.png (550x413, 112.89K)

THIS

Attached: WesternRite7.jpg (1024x451 119.75 KB, 272.22K)

lol

The root of the schismatic "orthodoxy"

Western Rite is LARPing for converts who can't let go of their schismatic past

t. Orthodox

Sorry bud, your qualifications are lacking.

ftfy

Attached: Catholic.jpg (1500x1000, 266.62K)

Sorry to break it to you guys but Western-rite orthodoxy is a meme at best.
I have more chances of going Tewahedo copt and finding a parish than going Western-rite orthodox.
Most converts tend to bind themselves to an existing ethnic church with a traditionally Eastern rite like the Russian or Greek orthodox church.

I thought Jack Chick died, huh.

Ask me how I know you're a protestant convert or even worse, a protestant-tier catholic convert.
Either way you're the real LARPer here.

You're right, it really is just a meme here. Closest WR parish to me is 3 hours, and yet I already drive 1 1/2 hours to my OCA parish. I just can't do 6 hours round trip.

It's literally the exact same symbol that pagans use.

Attached: 3237470d2eb7a67b626b28a3e52744b8.jpg (550x550 25.54 KB, 38.77K)

Nice deductive reasoning there.
You do know that that rune is just a letter right?
Except for some symbolism the whole hocus pocus was added later on by pagans.
By the way I also noticed pagans liking forests and groves a lot, I better start burning those trees now, right?

Nice assumptions. Let me guess, you're a Mormon-turned-Catholic-turned-Muslim?

I've gone to a Western Rite parish before. They did the Liturgy of St Gregory, aka "let's mess up the Latin Mass and pretend it is reverent". The only people there were ex-Catholics who disliked the Liturgy of St John Chrysostom, and Russians who liked how short the liturgy was.
The Western Rite has literally no reasons to exist, other than to appeal to ecumenists who say "y-you don't need to be Eastern to be Orthodox! Look, we got your fix of Catholic and Anglican stuff if you want!".

Later this year I'm going to be at an anime convention and right down the street from the hotel is a WR church, so I'll certainly be visiting that Sunday!

Attached: idolitry.png (69x119, 1.46K)

I guess every crossroad is a pagan temple, who would've thought.

holy…i want more. these guys are aesthetic as winniño el poopoo

seriously first pic has my aesthetic senses tingling like a madre padre. exit sign kinda ruins it but that's probably building code.

Did the filters change or are you just doing that on your own? Great, I have to test it now.
winnie the pooh
motherwinnie the pooher

Guess not

lmao

anyone know the meaning of the hebrew letter "dalet" over the icon of christ and the letter "hey" over the icon of the theotokos?

ty western rite for existing

well it has been growing quite a bit recently, so in the future it will be much less of a meme

you are pretty close to be honest.

That's like saying the Antiochian Rite has no reason to exist because they're orthodox and you already got the Byzantine Rite.
The West has always had the Tridentine Rite, even though it doesn't differ much from the Byzantine Rite it's different in culture, tradition and language.

Well, it would definitely help you guys get rid of the ethnic church meme and ease any non ethnic orthodox converting.

Uh? The Antiochians use the Byzantine rite. Easily 90% of Orthodox parishes use the Byzantine rite.

And it's not part of Orthodox tradition. Both the Liturgy of St Gregory and the Liturgy of St Tikhon are Frankenstein monsters created to appeal to Western converts, and nothing more (and honestly, they're pretty ugly liturgies - I'd much rather go to a Paul VI Mass or an actual TLM).

They got their own rite and depending on which church and jurisdiction will use the Antiochian Rite, like in Syria and diaspora communities.

You either claim your church is older than the Schism (and thus also included the West with their own rites) or you just say you created a new one.

Look now I know for real you're an orthoLARPer.
Sure you might not like it but calling them actually ugly shows that you know nothing about your own liturgy to begin with.
The main difference between the Tridentine and Eastern rites are the iconostasis, Gregorian chant and the many parts where the priest prays in silence.
The general structure and content stay the same.
I myself sometimes go to a Byzantine rite and although I don't speak a word Ukrainian I know what's going on because it's basically the same.

Watch as literally the entire second half of it addresses that exact point.

Literally that is all you wrote. Nobody cares about your feelings.

Ayyy, just a coincidence I guess.
It's just a fact though, entering a church with people you don't know, customs you don't understand and a language you don't speak don't work that well into attracting outsiders.

No, I like being regular Orthodox

The Antiochian Orthodox Church uses the Byzantine rite (and some parishes in the US are Western Rite). You're getting them confused with the Syriac Orthodox Church.

The West stopped being in communion with the Orthodox Church in the 13th century, and doctrinal separation happened many centuries earlier.

The TLM is fine. The Novus Ordo is fine. The Liturgy of St Gregory is hot garbage, and the Liturgy of St Tikhon is practically stolen from the Anglican "Church".
Obviously the structure remains nearly identical - reading of the OT, epistle, gospel, homily, (here goes the creed for the Western), great entrance, (here goes the creed for the Eastern), anaphora, words of institution, epiklesis, communion, post-communion prayers. I am not talking about the structure though.

Wow, nice winnie the pooh rebuttal. I bet you're Western Rite.
Do you not realize that those Western Rite parishes are not in continuity with the Western Christian traditions? They are purely Eastern Orthodox with a Western coat of paint to appeal to converts. I much rather trust the Catholics, even the Eastern Catholics who are in historical continuity with the church they claim to still be, than Western Rite parishes which are basically the Orthodox version of the Anglican Ordinariate.

Not much of a rebuttal, most likely because you never stated anything but your own personal opinion. Which in all honesty counts for nothing especially in comparison to two saints who endosed the Western Rite.

BEGOME EASTERN GADOLIG :DDD

That's a common design in western vestments. Catholic and Lutheran.

Maybe I'm biased for growing up Orthodox, but western churches (at least modern ones) always look so effeminate, weak and poor. Putting an Orthodox and a western church next to each other is like putting Chad next to a soyboy. I can understand if it's a small parish without its own church when they cannot afford the full aesthetics, but even those look more dignified to me.

I guess you'll have to start using Cyrillic exclusively from now on.

Like I said it depends on the jurisdiction.
You got the Melkite orthodox church, the Antiochian Greek orthodox church, the Maronite church etc.
The Maronites use the Antiochian rite, both the orthodox and catholic ones.
Of course the Syriac orthodox church uses the same rite, but with some differences.

The rites are much older than that.

How confused can one person be?
The Melkites are Catholic. The Maronites are Catholic. The Syriac are Oriental Orthodox. The Antiochian are Eastern Orthodox. You also have the Syriac Catholic.
The Melkite Catholics and the Antiochian Orthodox both do exclusively the Byzantine rite.

Also, the TLM is from the counter-reformation and the BCP is from the english reformation. Neither of those are ancient. But they can be nice anyway… However, the Western rite parishes have zero continuity with them - they're just Eastern churches that steal Western traditions, tweak them to be less Western, then claim to have a Western patrimony.

Wait wait, seems like I'm a tad confused indeed.
Looks like the orthodox version of the Melkites and Maronites are part of the Antiochian orthodox church.
Still, I know that the Antiochian Rite is used by some of them.
Did you guys really commit a Hellenization with other churches?

This is a misconception and a meme.
The Tridentine rite was standardized in 1570 as part of the counter-reformation, but the rite was much older than that.
Other rites could still be used if they could be proven to be older than 200 years (like the Ambrosian and Mozarabic rites).

Seems weird to me that they'd take valid rites and butcher them instead of just being the orthodox version of a Tridentine rite parish.

They don't butcher any rites.
orthochristian.com/91138.html

I talked to two Orthodox ladies yesterday. They mentioned that Western Rite Orthodoxy wasn't real Orthodoxy.

I talked to two Orthodox ladies yesterday. They mentioned that Western Rite Orthodoxy was real Orthodoxy.

This is because in the Orthodox Church is the duty of everyone, including these two ladies, to protect the holy Tradition unchanged. The Encyclical of the Eastern Patriarchs, 1848, says: "neither Patriarchs nor Councils could then have introduced novelties amongst us, because the protector of religion is the very body of the Church, namely (ἤτοι) the people themselves, who desire their religious worship to be ever unchanged and of the same kind as that of their fathers".

Of course, these two ladies have no means to discern which part of the tradition they know is Holy Tradition and which part is just a local custom. Therefore they protect all the tradition they know. When they say the Western Orthodoxy isn't real Orthodoxy they are wrong, but nonetheless it is good that they think in this way. We have to be conservative in these times of liberalism.

There is no such thing in my country.
I live in one of the most Orthodox countries on this planet.
Ask any of my priests and they will likely tell you that western rite is not ok.

Also, forgot to state this: I would very very much love to participate in that.

post orthodox memes please im short on supply

Nah. I prefer being Anglo-Catholic

The Antiochian, Alexandria, and Jerusalemite churches do not have their own rites anymore. They all use the Byzantine rite of Constantinople now. The Byzantine rite of Holy Rus, which is slightly different, has spread to Eastern Europe as well. So easily 90% of the Orthodox churches use the Byzantine rite in either the Greek or Slavic form.

This is all you'll get, asshole

Attached: 81a843e679e6e0459518fcdb35ffba84e41d05cce6cdf49826b66ac85c05d21e.jpg (853x696, 116.71K)

thanks but not sure why you mad

I just winnie the pooh hate memes and I don't know why I save them

Attached: pepe.jpg (688x516, 47.47K)

memes are the new esoteric means of transporting ideas, gib more pls, i really need em

I thought all the patriarchates hated the western rite. But why?

Huh? What do you mean by this?
All current western rite parishes are of some of the patriarchates (mostly Antioch but also ROCOR/Moscow).

not really memes but whatever

Attached: enough.jpg (550x734 37.04 KB, 85.06K)

im not complaining lol.
culchurally appropriating bagans

What does "Low mass" mean?

Shorter and no sung parts

Western Rite monastery in Germany

Western Rite Benedictine Monks in Germany

Here is the full version.

It seems you guys are big enthusiasts about this Western Rite. And one thing that I have learned in my life is this: enthusiasm is contagious. May our Lord bless your fishing nets with great catch! Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it!

Beautiful. I need to find a western rite parish in Romania.

Eastern-Rite Catholicism is a thing too you know.

Eastern rite catholicism are historically valid churches who came into communion with the see of Peter.

Western rite orthodoxy is a early 20th centuary larp because the Latin church didnt look cool enough.

There is a huge difference

Why do converts need to abandon the rites of their nations? Roman rite was part of the undivided church.
Your xenophobic easternboo attitude is what prevents Orthodoxy from becoming really really big in the west and fill the void caused by the crisis of other churches.

Sadly, im pretty sure we dont have those here.

We need to ask ourselves if we want to make the west orthodox again or we just want to make the west byzantine.
The west was orthodox and it had its rites, the west was never byzantine, though.
It's not good to attack roman uniformity and then wanting to force byzantine uniformity.

Western Rite Radio
wroradio.blogspot.com/?m=1

Attached: rocor wr conf 2017 small 144b2c_f8dbb7405b664cc7ab71e644337d45fe_mv2_d_4592_2576_s_4_2.jpg (391x587, 77.5K)

Memes

Attached: The Barabbas Theory.jpg (3508x2480, 681.29K)