Hey, Zig Forums. I'm not trying to troll you...

Hey, Zig Forums. I'm not trying to troll you, I just was wondering where all the flood water went from the flood during the time of Noah. Any ideas?

Attached: Cefalù_Pantocrator_retouched.jpg (1024x951, 378.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

creation.com/hydroplate-theory
newscientist.com/article/2133963-theres-as-much-water-in-earths-mantle-as-in-all-the-oceans/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe God just made it disappear

creation.com/hydroplate-theory

Thanks, guys. God bless.

The flood water is in the current seas. The glacial ice vaporized by the comet impact that would be later to come be termed as Meltwater Pulse 1A rained down torrentially, and the part that rained down on land flowed to the seas.

Attached: Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png (526x359, 19.14K)

What makes you think its not still here?

There's more water in crystal form under the Earths crust than there is on the rest of the Earth.

newscientist.com/article/2133963-theres-as-much-water-in-earths-mantle-as-in-all-the-oceans/

Attached: Water.png (799x800, 488.31K)

Because the Earth isn't covered with water.

People have pointed to New Scientist articles showing where much extra water is stored, not even talking about glacial elements. Keep in mind that if it was just a little colder globally, England and Europe would be connected via land. It wouldn't take much to submerge everything inhabited with mantle and glacial reserves combined.

Attached: 1920px-Doggerland3er_en.png (1920x1074, 2.15M)

It's still here, most of it's just underground now. Fun fact: there's actually more water underground than in the oceans.

This, also who said shorelines were the same before the flood, there could be more land submerged now than before.

It receded did you not read Genesis

This. The most plausible flood theory I've personally heard of.

You're clearly a very clever person, user.

Attached: 4f64f7bd52fc64267adc591a1629603ba44dd83f3c1bd7fa90dca33f5b5996ef.png (439x441, 78.99K)

back2reddit

God is under no obligation to make all suffering disappear. If God wants to allow suffering as either a test/trial or a punishment, than that is His right.

What's the cycle of water?

Genesis 8:13

You. Picrelated

Attached: limitbrain.jpg (226x223, 6.96K)

Keep in mind that the Flood probably (definitely, if we trust the geological, biological, etc. evidence - unless God changed all the rocks, species, etc. after the Flood to make it seem like there wasn't a global flood) wasn't global in the sense of covering whole planet - but it almost certainly covered all area inhabited by people. This could have been a (relatively - it would have been probably very large from the perspective of humans involved; especially if it was a plain that was flooded, the impression it wouls have on the people would be huge) small area. Yes, humans spread throughout Earth pretty early, but in this case this would just mean the Flood happened very early,qubol when humans weren't yet spread so far throughout the Earth.

This. The only thing the Bible tells us is that everyone got killed except noah and family.

Legitimate question, why should I be obligated to worship someone who is all powerful and claims to be all loving, but won't lift a finger to prevent suffering? God is directly responsible for all the bad shit that happens in the world; He created the universe and left room for evil, He regularly neglects to stop evil when he has the power too, and He gave evildoers free will knowing that they would only use that freedom to cause harm. At any point He could have prevented this from happening, but didn't. When you argue that all the misfortune in the world is simply a test or trial, or that God has some sort of plan for all of us, you are merely deflecting from the cold truth that God does not protect his flock. Consider the case of Junko Furuta, a 17 year old Japanese girl who was kidnapped, beaten, raped, tortured, starved, and eventually killed over a grueling 44 days. You cannot tell me that this was some sort of test, that God was merely gauging her faith. It cannot be a punishment. Miss Furuta was just about to graduate high school. She did not drink, she did not do drugs, she did not smoke, and she was not dating anyone. God carefully arranged the creation of the universe in a specific way so that all the little details and circumstance would be just right. So that Junko Furuta would be in the perfect situation that lead to her kidnapping and murder. He made sure to create each of her captors and torturers, and he gave them free will so they could act on their own. But he knew beforehand what they would do with that free will and willingly allowed it to happen. Junko Furuta's case is not the only one, innocent people just like her are brutally killed on a daily basis and have been killed throughout human history. I cannot accept that God is merciful or loving in the face of such facts, and I see no reason why I should get on my knees and pray to Him. Anyone who continues to insist that "God works in mysterious ways" or that "there is a plan" is like a battered housewife who still believes that her husband loves her as she is being beaten by him.

daily reminder that humanity brought this upon themselves and that because of our fallen nature stuff like this happens

Oh yeah, well I want real horse sex. Too bad I cant have it because people expecting me to be a sex worker for it, and if I don't work for it the predators are going to cannibalize me. You know you people just have to lay down and die ok? Go kill yourself god hates you and every real person hates you. Christians are two faced.

I addressed that,
I accept that God gave us free will, but He is all-knowing, and therefore had the foresight to realize what humanity would do with free will. So why did he give it to us anyways, knowing that it would cause suffering? It's like locking a toddler in a room with a cactus, and then blaming the toddler when he hurts himself. I don't like the cold, narrow view that atheists take, but I also can't understand the popular religious views of Christianity. I'm not trying to provoke an argument, mind you, I'm simply seeking a better understanding of God.

But what was the Cross? Its meaning is that out of the worst evil, in this case the Son of God suffering unjustly at the hands of the basest sinners, the greatest good can arise. "The Joy of the risen Christ is greater than Pain." Jesus Christ conquered death, thus the soul in Christ can never be destroyed, and God will vindicate all that belong to Him. If you think you deserve to suffer less than the Son of God, then you have the wrong religion, and you don't understand our God at all. "The only way out, is through."

Apparently God thought it was a price worth paying, you may disagree but you are arguing with He who gives you the reasoning to argue at all, it is like cutting of the branch you are standing on
As bad as thing have gotten on earth, it is only temporary, perhaps to produce a group of people who have free will but will never again choose evil you need to show them how bad evil is

How convenient of Him to make someone else pay that price.

Do we? If so, why?