We'd rather go to jail than snitch on our brothers

What did they mean by this?

wsj.com/articles/australian-bishops-reject-reporting-sexual-abuse-revealed-in-confession-1535703402

lmao I forgot you guys do "anonymous confession"…We do ours face to face, last time I did mine people were only a few steps behind me and the priest, they could probably hear what I was saying if I wasn't whispering

Attached: Muh Seals.jpg (1260x840, 155.48K)

The confession is sacred, It must not be breaked because there is a trust relation.
I don't want my priest to tell everyone the degenerate I am.
One thing is to confess a sin, another to report yourself to the autorities for a crime. Confession is before God, not before men.

absolute state of it all

the seal of confession is a matter of doctrine, there have been martyr saints that have rather died than to break it

What crock.
I hope they do go to jail then.

Attached: Ivan Karamazov.jpg (556x760, 76.87K)

Pity.

Attached: blessed.png (225x225, 9.12K)

You don't understand it well.
I have no shame. I just don't want my neighbors to put their nose in my business especially to put their nose on the affairs I have with God. But I do want it with God and servants of God.

The seal of confession is absolute. ABSOLUTE! I don't know why that's such a difficult concept.

Those who say that the Seal of the Confessional should be broken believe that the ends justify the means. Such an attitude is literally Satanic.

What if Caesar has good samaritan laws where you are obliged to help people you know are in danger? Do you follow Caesars "literal SATANIC" attitude and protect the kid, or do you follow the dead letter of the law invented by your church? [where's the biblical precedent for muh seal of confession] ??

In which Zig Forums argues that the church should be subordinated to the state

To break the Seal in one instance is to break it in every instance; it is to break the priest's vow to God and to his superiors, as well as all the priest's own flock. It is absolutely inadmissible.

This.

A future event is not an example of a confession. Confession is tied to repentance.

It's not about child molesters, it's about violating a sacrament.
Now it's child molesters, next are thieves, cheaters, drunken-one-night-stands, lies, or even things the government would like to know about you.
Worst of it all; people will never trust a priest again and stop going to confession.

It's about souls.

Oops … beat me to it. You can't confess future sins.

F*k your sacrament.
God literally destroyed nations for demonic child sacrifice and you're worried about gossip?
People are already distrustful not only of the Catholic Church, but of Christianity in general.
What kind of disgusting human being puts 'doctrine' over the soul and trust of a child?

Attached: wtf.jpg (300x287, 26.53K)

Examine yourself. Peoples opinions about it are not the reason, that make Christianity superior. Those who do confess should be excommunicated though until they have made proper penance

It's God's, but I'm sure He got your message.
Again, it's not about gossip, it's about people's souls.
Of course not that someone who'd mock the sacrament of confession could even understand.

It's pretty simple though, so let me try to explain how even you could understand it:
You go to confession, confess your sins, get absolution.
However, many people don't want the whole world to know about their abhorrent actions, so the priest is bound by oath to God to keep it to themselves.
Heck most even try to forget everything they hear so not they keep on pondering about it.
Now imagine this priest revealing what's said in confession.
Not only would he break his oath to God, but also make a statement to people that whatever they tell can be told further.
This would keep people from confessing sins, and thus put their souls in danger.

Is there any reliable source about Francis directing Donald Wuerl to be "spirited" out of the United States before he will be arrested under possible federal investigation?

Scum like you are why people are leaving the Church behind. I literally can't believe you're justifying child rape in favor of doctrine AND THEN have the audacity to spew bile about saving the soul of a rapist over protecting the soul of a child.
You make me sick, you pharisees.

Literal SJW logic

I see that your trust in God yo deal with these things is pitiful at best. Tell me, would you rather have the state tell you what to do or God? I know my answer, do you?

How dare you.
You, preaching superior trust in God. You, who would walk away instead of taking a step against evil doings. What do I care for the state of the Church when I want justice to be done to the victims? What do you care for the state of the Church, corrupt to the core as it revealed itself, thinking that it would care for justice for itself? You're either a fool or just a coward.
You hypocrite. What do you think Jesus would say to you?

You don't understand anything. You're like those liberal Catholics who complain about contraception in their very specific circumstance.

This is why I stopped caring for any "christian" outside the Church.

SJWs do not want justice at all, but victory for their worldly purposes by any means necessary: "There's no such thing as acceptable tactics, only acceptable targets". They are creatures of wrath, pride and lust.

You have mistaken the conservative position for callousness, beloved. We are entirely clear on the evils that have been committed and the need for cleansing. However, penance, as with the other sacraments, lies at the heart of the church. If you cut at this, what little will be left afterwards will not be worth recovery.

I'm a baptist and no it's not. You people are wicked.

There is your mistake.

That's a strawman if I ever saw one on here.
Where did I say that child rape isn't such a big issue?

But of course I forgot!
Once you arrest a rapist, the rape goes away!
Instead of trying to change the Church to become more appealing for heathens why not try to solve the issue yourself?
The child rapists have names and addresses, be my guest.

We all make mistakes, no need to brag about them though.

I fully support keeping the confessional seal. The problem is when they have independent knowledge that a priest is a pedophile, confront them, they confess, then put the whole thing under the seal.
They should keep what they learned under the seal under the seal, but aggressively pursue the alternative avenues.