How we know that God is good and not evil?

How we know that God is good and not evil?

Attached: ey.png (880x583, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

logicmuseum.com/wiki/Authors/Thomas_Aquinas/Summa_Theologiae/Part_I/Q6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God is the definition of good.

God's goodness is known through faith and by faith, and that faith is a power from God.
Reason on its own can't pierce the veil of the fall, but when it experiences the sweetness and beauty of God then it can know that only God is good.
And that conviction is further confirmed by scripture, which we read with surest hope, trusting the words of His promise, and we live and die in his grasp, and so even when we die we do not really die.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (519x412, 22.08K)

god is both even according to the (((book)))

Isaiah 45:7 I form light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.

damn this sounds cool, did I actually write that lmao?

This is actually pretty good.

What would a wholly perfect being gain from being evil?

pleasure

Why would a wholly perfect being even need pleasure for?

why not?

A wholly perfect being would be far beyond any need, including that of pleasure, one of the most vile and lowest of needs.

what if the perfect being is just a being that can satisfy all needs?

Are you being a buffoon on purpose? Do you not understand the difference between natural disasters and conscious evil?

Satisfying a need implies having them. God does not need anything. He is beyond anything we comprehend as a need.

if he causes a natural disaster it is conscious evil

Broof-a-doodle-doo.

I didn't know earth was a living being

God is self-sufficient, there is no pettiness in him, all forms of evil imply a deficiency of character.

Don't say you weren't implying evil when using the term "disaster".

I didn't know evil was a living being

What did you not "know" lol?

2 Kings 2:23-24
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

god can do evil whenever he wants and how he prefers

How so?

so you can kill children if they insult you?

Ask a bear, not me. Eli just cursed then in the name of the Lord. Doesn't even say that the Lord sent the bears either.

he had the authority to stop it anyway if he wanted

How would you have stopped it?

Evil is the lack ot absence of a given perfection (goodness).

God is pure act (see first way) and thud has all perfections in act.

If God has all perfections, that means he can't lack goodness and thus can't be evil.

if I was god I was able to do it

Because God is THE standard of morality, thus anything contrary to him is contrary to morality. God is only evil from the perspective of those who are evil i.e Satan, the demons and the condemned

Every act is borne of beauty, goodness, and truth to find joy, love, and understanding. It is what everything constantly shares. The question could be how would you define youself first in relation to god, and second how you define that in regards to all else.

because God is the Truth.

"god" is the creator satan. The true god is unknowable.

Hey OP, how do we know if you're good and not evil?

We can be certain God is good not only through the testimony of the character and lives of our Lord Jesus Christ and the Apostles, but through the instruction of the Church which admonishes us to strive after those acts, attitudes and practices that are objectively in fact wholly consonant with that rational nature that we all bear whose true end through this temporal journey is its Creator in the next.

Attached: natural law.png (786x572, 91.29K)

Everyone knows God is good because the book says so and God says so in the book.

God embodies the characteristics of the universe, if you consider the universe be good then He is good, if you consider the universe to be evil then He is evil. One answer lives life and the other death, you choose which one is the natural conclusion.

Nice eye of lucifer picture there.

Why create a world with such capacity for love, joy and meaningful fulfillment if you're evil?

If He was evil he'd just create an endless hell with no hope or salvation possible.

Things could be a lot worse than they are… if God were evil he must also necessarily be inept because this world could be SO MUCH WORSE than it is.

Aside from having to struggle against Nature the only evil that exists is what we bring into the world through forgetfulness of God, neglecting of his Wisdom and the arrogance of believing we know better (the essential My Will vs Thy Will dichotomy)

It took me 33 years for me to see the truth
Ever so clear I was too young
I couldn't articulate myself the right way son
But now let me break it down, pass it all around
This is not a theory, lift the spirits, see his spirit
They wanna put me in a straightjacket in a padded room
And tell the world there's 12 monkeys so they can be confused

Good is the "natural" state of things, evil is a perversion. God is the most "natural" thing in that He was not created by anthing

Darkness is not inherently evil and neither is even calamity, and even evil can be turned around for greater good

the Bible says there will come a time when evil will be done away with for good. I don't think free will shall be removed from man at this point, so the question is, how can you have a group of people who have free will but shall only choose to do good when even sinless beings like Adam and Eve choose to sin? Well perhaps you need to show them how bad evil is firsthand for a few thousand years so they will never want to sin again

This is just a theory of mine, so don't take it as scripture, but its what I think might be the case

Attached: Reply to job application at Cadbury.jpg (722x960, 74.76K)

GREAT video

Gotta love these teenage edgelords thinking they're being cunning using demonic symbology.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (590x421, 20.07K)

because philosophy n shieet

evil is the negation of the good, and is contingent on the prior existence of the good in order to exist itself.

E.g. disease only exists in the presence of health; on the moon, where there is no life to possess health, there is likewise no evil of disease. This is because evil is a contingent negation of the good, and the existence of the good must precede it.

If god were evil, he (and nothing else, since god is necessary to the existence of the universe; see aquinas or craig on basic proofs for the existence of god) would not exist.

Ergo: god cannot be evil.

Following from god's infinite nature, god cannot be partially evil either, as 2 infinite qualities of opposing polarities would negate one another, leading again to total nonexistence.

Ergo: god must necessarily be totally and completely good.

logicmuseum.com/wiki/Authors/Thomas_Aquinas/Summa_Theologiae/Part_I/Q6

ok satan

Certainly not organized at all

God trayvonning 42 "youths" who were about to play knock out with elisha isn't evil…it's miraculous heroism.

Truth be told, I'd shoot first if 42 "youths" were following me shouting "ayy yo baldie".