I'm a Jew, but recently I've become attracted to Christianity...

I'm a Jew, but recently I've become attracted to Christianity. What are some compelling arguments for the truth of Christ? What other advice do you have for me?

Attached: Jews.jpg (650x365, 50.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

carm.org/does-daniel-9-24-27-predict-jesus
christianthinktank.com/falsechrist.html
christianthinktank.com/finaltorah.html
reasonablefaith.org/writings/scholarly-writings/historical-jesus/jesus-resurrection/
newadvent.org/summa/3101.htm
newadvent.org/fathers/0128.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=NLmU6xTdeTI
judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/95112/is-it-true-the-book-of-daniel-says-that-the-messiah-will-arrive-before-the-destr
youtu.be/DMc38L44avA?t=2m30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, there is the whole resurrection thing. But beyond that, I'd recommend Irenaeus, "On the Apostolic Preaching," which shows how the life of Jesus was a reversal of the sin of Adam - eg, as Adam was formed from the earth, Jesus was formed from a virgin womb. There's a lot like that, you can see how Christ undoes the bonds of sin.

bump

The book of Daniel says that the Messiah will arrive before the destruction of the second Temple. Judaism claims that the Messiah has not arrived yet.
That leaves two options:
1. The Messiah never arrived, and Judaism is a false religion.
2. The Messiah arrived, and Judaism is a false religion.

Also, it's quite instructive that of the three Abrahamic faiths, two of them (Islam and Christianity) BOTH agree that Jesus is the Messiah. Only the Jews still autistically go "just wait guys, he'll be here any day now".

Here's information on the particular prophesy in Daniel to which this poster refers. Do note: this passage teems with controversy to this day because of its incredible implications:
carm.org/does-daniel-9-24-27-predict-jesus

For Jews a few concerns often arise with respect to Jesus Christ and these links should go some way toward answering them, or at least serve as stepping stones toward further research.

On the matter of unfulfilled messianic expectations:
christianthinktank.com/falsechrist.html

Of the eternal covenant:
christianthinktank.com/finaltorah.html

As concerns evidence for the resurrection, this page is an excellent summary:
reasonablefaith.org/writings/scholarly-writings/historical-jesus/jesus-resurrection/

If Christ was resurrected, and such a conclusion certainly best fits the evidence, then it follows that Christianity is true.

Pray to God and ask Him for help in your search. As a Jew, should you become a Christian, please do a careful study of the virtue of Justice and strive to be just and honest in your dealings with others. You will be a Christian, and your loyalties should thus be appropriately settled:
newadvent.org/summa/3101.htm

Please, do not make excuses for the crimes of people distantly related to you. Please, do not show favor to the same over others who have a greater claim to your loyalty. God bless, user.

OP, can you first prove to us that you aren't bait?

To add onto this. In Judaism (and Islam), they believe once the Messiah appears that man will be the Saviour of the world. In Christianity on the other hand, this man is the Son of Perdition (erroneously known as the Antichrist) and we are waiting for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Thank you all for your sources. I'll be sure to check them out. God bless every one of you.

I don't know how to prove I'm not bait.

If I was bait, I'd be pretty disappointed, as everyone here has been nothing but courteous.

Who believes in Judaism because of compelling arguments?

The advice is to accept.

We always get people who act like they’re asking in good faith, then immediately start attacking sources. So an op like yours, but then their response is something like “oh but that can’t be true cause [obscure Jewish source] says xyz about that”
You’re fine, is all I’m saying. You seem legit

So what's your story, OP? How did you come to take an interest in Christianity? What about Judaism initially put you off?

Just read this

I have a Catholic friend who's training to become a priest. He and I argue about religion, and I found some of his arguments to be very compelling.

Honestly, circumcision was one of the big factors in that. The more I learned about it, the more I couldn't help but feel it's a pretty sick practice.

youtube.com/watch?v=NLmU6xTdeTI

your aware that the God of the Old Testament is the same God as the New?

Attached: circ.png (947x881, 46.83K)

if you have a discord I wouldn't mind talking to you about it, I know a pretty good amount about Judaism overall.

Otherwise, consider that basically none of the rabbinical sages in the Talmud, Mishnah etc. are not really before Christ, only two iirc (Hillel the Elder and Gamaliel, and the latter is in Acts and taught St. Paul), the current Jewish & now Protestant canon was created after Christ in reaction to Christianity, Jewish mysticism has essentially been subverted and compromised with Chaldean Oracles-ish Neoplatonism, Gnosticism etc. from the offset etc.

A lot of Jewish stuff relies on purely blind faith, and on the rabbis which have observably been subverted and shifted on so many things over the past 2 millennium that it's absurd. This is the indicator imo of something man-made. Absolutely nothing that is not of God will survive in a constant state for very long, heresies corrupt, they come and go, institutions rise and fall, religions usually regurgitate and reform etc. But this is not the case in the Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox Church, which rely on apostolic succession that can easily be traced back to the Apostles, and most beliefs can be traced back to the Apostolic Fathers writings, or not very long afterwards.

There's plenty of stuff I could get into even further but I digress, God bless you and I pray that you do begome.

Attached: 70e213632259b7f025752ca50617d32818d87160d478e21c1998d7bc77e332af.jpg (1200x750, 141.99K)

You should research Messianic Judaism. I consider myself a Messianic Jew after rejecting Christianity (I'm not an ethnic Jew).

Attached: image.jpeg (500x661, 124.68K)

Attached: heresy.jpg (800x800, 302.78K)

I ASKED THEM ABOUT THIS:

judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/95112/is-it-true-the-book-of-daniel-says-that-the-messiah-will-arrive-before-the-destr

Here is the first answer

Attached: c.jpg (1134x602, 102.57K)

There are different ways of calculating the numbers, but the key point, which he convenient lly glosses over, is that Daniel describes the destruction of the Temple and makes it clear that the Messiah will arrive before that happens. The Temple has already been destroyed so playing number games is pointless.

The classic text on this is "Dialogue with Trypho" by St. Justin Martyr. As the name suggests, it's a conversation, which later becomes almost a debate, between a Christian and a Jew from the 2nd century. You can read it here newadvent.org/fathers/0128.htm

None, exploit the long con to your hea…hear..to your greeds content.

It was perpetrated and sourced by your peo…peo…species, after all.

Attached: scan6.jpg (472x608, 43.21K)

The gays. They are people who wont let us have sex with any animals other than our own. They wont let us have sex with different animals, they wont let us have sex with a different gender. They are fags. They follow us everywhere forcing us to do our own kind, our own animals and our own gender… It isnt right. It isnt zoophilia.

Tell him he is wrong then???

This board has brain injuries. Well they been speaking to fakes and learned how to fake injuries for money. Thats why their church is called a "service" they offer services to one another to defraud non-believers. Thats how this works they cannibalize people by fraud.

Well, the Old Testament is full of prophecies about Jesus, especially Isaiah chapter 53 is known for this, which is (and correct me if I'm wrong) a chapter that doesn't see the light of day within (at least certain branches of) Judaism.

Besides that, no other religion makes more sense to me than Christianity. God is holy, meaning that nobody is worthy of Him and even a single sin qualifies us to go to hell. Everyone is a sinner and nobody is able to pay the price for the sins they have committed. We need someone to save us, but because the sins are already committed, somebody still has to pay for them… It wouldn't be fair if there were no consequences for sin. Because of this, God was manifested in the flesh and took on the punishment Himself. Thereby providing a basis on which everyone can be forgiven for their sins, which is through faith in Jesus Christ. I know that something 'making sense' to me is subjective, but I thought this might still be useful to post.

You also might find this short video useful, it certainly has been useful to me.
youtu.be/DMc38L44avA?t=2m30s

The last advice I can give you, is to read the New Testament. And of course, to pray about this.

I pray that God will bless you in your search for the truth.

'Tism