Fallout series is doomed

archive.fo/WWSNi

There's bad news for Fallout fans: Obsidian Entertainment has dashed hopes of Fallout: New Vegas 2. Moving the apocalyptic wasteland to the neon-clad world of New Vegas, the popular main series spin-off has become a cult classic in Fallout circles thanks to its unique storyline and colorful cast of characters.
Despite hitting consoles and PC in 2010, Fallout: New Vegas still grabs headlines thanks to gamers beating the game with just a pair of boxing gloves or being able to play as The Walking Dead's Negan. As the Fallout games continue to soar in popularity after the likes of 2015's Fallout 4, rumors of a Fallout: New Vegas 2 have been circling for years. Unfortunately, Obsidian doesn't plan on returning to the Mojave Wasteland any time soon.

Attached: trust-fx-brendan-fraser.png (780x392, 244.19K)

This is like the 4th or 5th time this has been confirmed. How many times do both Obsidian and Bethesda have to say "it's not happening" for you to actually accept it. Bethesda has already said that they aren't going to license the IP out anymore. Most of Obsidian that worked on FNV left (including a lot of senior devs like Chris Avellone who's now working on Dying Light 2). If it did come out it'd be made by a bunch of new people not core staff. (aside from maybe JE Sawyer). Chris Avellone has even stated that Obsidian as a company has mismanaged it's money badly and can't handle doing big projects

People are seemingly under the delusion that a sequel to FNV was a given despite it never being announced and neither company ever alluding to the development of it starting. It's just wishful thinking at this point

i think they are out of ideas for the series.

It's been dead since 3.

they will milk it for all it is worth
fallout primal coming 2025

dumbshit /v/ fedora

the hope was that Obsidian would do another Fallout game, or anyone for that matter, not necessarily that it be a direct New Vegas sequel.

Honestly, I can see this happening.
Power armor made out of bones and black magic.
Emphasis on black there.
Because its primal you can only play as a strong black woman.

Attached: 40d2c001f89ad521f388220fccb10c00-imagepng.png (543x600, 413.63K)

What's the fallout over this?

>thinking this is a (((current year))) issue and not a problem with the Bethesda mentality
Dumbshit Bethesdrone.

Attached: Bethesda and Fallout.jpg (1609x3554, 2.4M)

dumbshit /v/ fedora

cut out the lore of the first two games entirely, they're amateurish, dated, obsolete garbage no one but /v/ fedoras care about anymore, and even they only mention the games because "muh bethesda."
bring back the Enclave
return to the West coast. Sorry but the East Coast sucks for this kind of game, go back to California.
don't make the bad guy a generic, bland piece of uninteresting shit like in FO3 and muh grey morality and the idiotic bethesda son/father fixation. Take fucking cues from New Vegas.

anti-slide bump

The cognitive dissonance exhibited here is out-goddamn-standing.

yeah and those games were amateurish garbage
dumbshit /v/ fedora

In your opinion, of course, unless you presume to be able to provide evidence as to how they were either "amateurish" or "garbage". As you have already established, your opinion is uncritical shit.

Every game Bethesda has ever touched is amateurish garbage. The real question is, how good are the mods for the game?

/v/ fedora

god you're pathetic

Who cares. I just want a titty mod for Xbox one…

I'm but a simple man who wants to see tiddies. Is that so much to ask?

Since 2 you mean, 3 was bethesda's first whack of the dead horse they bought.

VIDEOGAMES :
the path to lonely latent homosexuality

SHOWS BASED ON VIDEOGAMES:
the only thing more pathetic than the videogames

HOW TO SPOT A COMPLETE LOSER:

they actually know what Fallout is

HOW TO SPOT SOMEONE EVEN MORE PATHETIC THAN THAT:

they actually know about the Fallout Show

Attached: a655bb34f45e2d93bd443fab2136a95b176a1308820bd2bf71aab86191de142f.jpg (360x261, 17.64K)

Attached: PicsArt_11-01-12.16.32.jpg (1360x986, 149.05K)

As much as I don't like Neptune, I have to admit he became pretty creative in the last few months. For an ex-convict NPC…

Attached: 17bbe3c430f63f2593a756e057d1f86562df0c000513e06c4f7ff9acc2961c86.jpg (680x448, 72.38K)

fallout new vegas was a financial disaster. obsidian wasted most of their money on (((hollywood))) voice actors and programming a pointless card game rather than fixing code issues.

bethesda knows how to actually program a game and as a result they made something at least as good from a storytelling standpoint and vastly superior from a gameplay standpoint. then they went and made a doom remake superior to id's doom 3.

I thought that new orleans was coming? I guess if it is, it's not coming from obsidian

how much of a shut in loser do you have to be to not know what one of the biggest names in gaming is?

There's bad news for Fallout fans, if you're Fallout fan, you maybe a fag

REMINDER : EVERYTHING AFTER FALLOUT 2 IS NOT A FALLOUT GAME

If I wanted that FPS shit I'd play Elder Scrolls.

NO IT WAS THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY YOU FUCKING SUBHUMAN RETARD
NOBODY ACTUALLY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THAT CRINGE INDUCING MUH MORAL GRAY AREA STORY WRITTEN BY A FAG THE GAMEPLAY WAS THE BEST THING ABOUT THE GAME

bethesda pls go

Maybe it won't take place in New Vegas but perhaps Obsidian will make a game set somewhere else? Just not anywhere on the East Coast; it's a silly place.