Catholics absolutely btfo

catholics absolutely btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

dalrock.wordpress.com/2018/08/13/mama-aint-happy/
dalrock.wordpress.com/2018/06/15/a-picture-of-southern-baptist-marriage/
dalrock.wordpress.com/2018/06/04/the-swbts-board-of-trustees-wasnt-reacting-to-metoo-they-were-merely-proactively-assessing-pattersons-current-job-performance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would like to see them fight

varg doesnt stand a chance.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to pray for this lost soul

I don't know anything about baptists, so please someone tell me: do baptists perform baptisms with water, and do they just see as some formality like signing a contract?

They don’t believe baptism saves, they also believe it can only be done to adults and must be done by full immersion

I don't think Anderson believes baptism does anything that confessing faith in Christ does already

we believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
water is water.

Then why is the water baptism important?

public profession of faith to edify other believers in the congregation.

So one's testimony isn't enough but getting drenched in water is?

Did your father tell you to post here?

Yup those christians who lived in the first 19 centuries of the faith were all idiots. Thank goodness we have strip mall fundamentalist man here to give us the Real Christianity™

I highly doubt you have any evidence that the first christians were sprinkling each other and walking around in the Pope's bizarre garb.

No, baptism isn't necessary. But, Christ underwent it, and doing so isn't a bad way to emulate him. You don't have to do it, by why wouldn't you want to?

Making fun of Christians for being poor instead of having decadent mansions, nice, very Christ-like of you. We all know Jesus placed a lot of emphasis on the use of fancy buildings.

I think he's more referring to andersons "church" doubling as his business so he can evade tax

no you actually have to BELIEVE in Christ before you have a water baptism.
otherwise apparently the beloved physician was lying when he was writing down teh 8th chapter of the Acts of the Apostles in verse 37 saying that belief in Christ was what was stopping the eunuch from being water baptized.

You think business are taxed less than churches?
Are you this dumb?

Funniest thing I've seen Pastor Anderson do.

Attached: 08bf05f0dfc3f3500708e889577f97714c454e05c04ca23c538500a682d9be71.jpg (699x436, 166.5K)

Churches are tax exempt. Businesses are. Anderson runs his business from his church so he doesnt pay tax on whole or part of his earnings. The JW and Mormons do the same when they use charity to hide business dealings. It's a very very honest and Christian practice

You are correct.
When you register as a non-profit corporation, the state includes statute 501c3 in your articles of incorporation which limits your ministry. You are not allowed to influence legislation or elections.
These people are cowards.
Anderson and Jimenez are 501c3's despite denying it.
why are they lying?

😂👌

heresy. this entire time I thought baptists held baptism seriously.

I'm 100% convinced any serious Christian from the past 2,000 years would mock Anderson as a heretic hawking false dogma in the market-place.

John 12:3

I don't like Pastor Anderson, but this is pretty damn funny.
t. has a mostly Catholic family

No matter how bad people claim the ordinary form of the Mass has become, at least we dont have a used car salesman making gags with toilet brushes

Lil bit too much vitamin k

Attached: 1470536013282.png (285x302, 51.55K)

Is that because they had Baptist in their name?

And so therefore let's build multi million dollar mansions to keep our papas nice and warm.

It's always cute when Catholics try to cite scripture to support their practices.

Every single Catholic doctrine is supported by scripture. Buy a Didache Bible, it quotes the relevant parts of the catechism right next to the scripture that supports that position or dogma

Attached: Didache.jpg (343x499, 22.33K)

isnt it!? =D

whats wrong with the catholic approved douay rheims?

Attached: 4B70D9C7-23AF-45CB-8DFB-6C80DA1F1DFD.jpeg (1456x1604, 679.76K)

Nothing, I prefer the RSV-2CE though. The Douay is good if you prefer the antiquated language. Personally I find it pretentious.

then why did you take away from the word of God?

Attached: F4791B20-C805-48C0-86AA-846BB6EEC253.jpeg (1440x1787, 787.22K)

Because the oldest manuscripts we have available omit those verses, which strongly suggests they were later interpolations by scribes who wanted to make certain theological points more strongly. Rather than "taking away" from the word of God, it's representing the scriptures as accurately as possible, in the form they were penned by the actual apostles themselves rather than versions that were edited centuries later.

Not even Christian scholars think the Comma Johanneum was actually in the original epistle so I dunno why you're upset it's a footnote in modern bibles. It's 100% certain John didn't write that. Don't you want to read what John wrote in it's most accurate form?

if you couldnt be trusted to preserve the aord of God then, you cannot be trusted now.
you cant even be trusted around other peoples children, much less something important like the bible.

Why do 90% of Protestants have a lower IQ than a peanut? Honestly.
You're not qualified to mop the floors at your local McDonalds let alone engage in discussion about the authenticity of biblical texts

well obviously you cant either because your child molesting clergy thought it belonged in the bible in the 16th century. your theological foundation shifts like sand.

I love anti racism and miscegenation

Attached: pastor anderson fucking based.jpg (186x238 209.66 KB, 11.74K)

anderson kicked that guy out for being a sabellian.

this is what you freaks actually believe

Matthew 7:21-23 is the reality.

Attached: 0D904E1B-3EF2-4EC5-B211-F586D0A49E52.jpeg (634x478, 137.12K)

Thats deflection, he still officiated the marriage and had no problem with it.

Wow I love christianity now that it aligns even more with my anti-racist, anti-nationalist and morally relativistic world view, we're all one in christ so we should race mix more.

Nice uuid filename you got there.
But before the context denial sets it, what was kirchenkampf all about?

Brainlet. May God have mercy on your lost soul.

What am I larping as? I dont follow jewish fairy tales.

right, you follow roman pagan ones instead.
i dont care about german names for things whose principles can be adequately summarized in plain english.
the popes blatantly marxist agenda serves as the spiritual foundation for statist evil. without the roman catholic church, the state is just uniformed thuggery.
pete peters prophesied well concerning you.

I still find it funny that they believe there were underground real Christians for idk 1700 years and they are now coming out. And ONLY southern baptists are the true descendants of those Reeeeeal Christians.

has nothing to do with southern baptists.
steven anderson is in the same league with catholics in that they support state-sanctioned violence.
1 Samuel 8:7
Judges 8:23

It's almost like people can now be open about their religious beliefs without being offed by the Vatican Mafia

Remind me, how many denominations did Jesus want to establish?

Listen. Neoprotestantism is bad. If they call themselves pelicans, you call them pelicans. If they call themselves pencils, you call them pencils.

I wonder if Zig Forums would disavow Hitler if they knew he allowed racemixing?

Attached: 1526364993124.jpg (783x543 319.8 KB, 174.99K)

Anderson isn't Southern Baptist. He's independent. Southern Baptist is cucked.

t. former Southern Baptist

dalrock.wordpress.com/2018/08/13/mama-aint-happy/
dalrock.wordpress.com/2018/06/15/a-picture-of-southern-baptist-marriage/
dalrock.wordpress.com/2018/06/04/the-swbts-board-of-trustees-wasnt-reacting-to-metoo-they-were-merely-proactively-assessing-pattersons-current-job-performance/

Where did you get the idea for a political denomination? Church doesn't mean that, it means assembly, and the word "churches" appears numerous times in scripture.

Maybe you're confusing it with the one faith that has existed in and through all ages world without end. Or maybe you're just confused about what "church" means because you take its definition from non-scripture, from something that is outside of the 66 books of the Bible.

You're confusing people by associating things together. Anderson isn't Southern Baptist, nor are IFB's protestant. They predate that.

Nice meme, cowboy

Catholic echo-chambers, everyone.

I guess your low denial of facts will (hopefully) erase you out of the gene pool

HONORARY

Attached: 5781391 _90b28149211fa369184c11855855cb3b.jpg (640x800, 48.13K)

Are all Babtist super strict on the KJV? A buddy of mine has slowly become a hardcore Babtist over the last year and I can't start a theological discussion with him anymore without it nose diving into how the root problem of all church heresy nowadays is the straying away from the KJV. I've heard him spout that morning light NIV argument 50 times in the past month.

im a biologist
your feelings are your own responsibility as are your bad arguments.
i dont expect to change your mind, i only intend for you to make a spectacle of yourself as you have.

Some yes, some no. KJV is the best English version, no question. Sometimes I quote from NKJV or ESV, but I always prefer to read from KJV.

Your buddy is right to an extent. Once you start changing words, meanings also change and it's a slippery slope.

Except that it mistranslates a shitton of verses because the handful of source texts they used were erroneous. If you like the KJV because you think ye olde english sounds more legit, more power to you, whatever. If you like the KJV because you think it's somehow more accurate than modern translations you're wrong, of all english translations the KJV probably has the highest number of errors that change the meaning of verses.

I bet my small fortune that you cannot prove any of your statements about the history of either denomination.
Sure you can argue about certain stuff, but no proof and date pinpointing.

verse 37 is inauthentic ;) but even if it was genuine it doesn't change the apostolic position that you need to profess faith before being baptized *as an adult*

Here's a challenge: Show any example of a group which is doctrinally Baptist before the 12th century (no "hurr durr john the baptist" or "jesus", it can't be in the new testament)

KJV has no copyright and is not actively edited. The point flew over your head.

The Waldensians

Attached: wheres waldo.png (1669x910, 372.47K)

Yeah, I'll believe you once Anderson starts giving mass and selling his belongings.
Also funny how you couldn't give an example before the 12th century but only one from the 12th century.

Didn't realize that Anderson was Pope of the Baptists

I'm not an andersonite.
funny how every baptist is an andersonite.
Does that mean every catholic is a kiddy-diddler?

News alert! Catholics are the church that Jesus himself founded and Peter is the first pope!

cringe
the bible says they were first called christians at antioch.
sorry man.

Ok then, so I assume that Anderson is in the minority of not having clergy nor a hierarchy, not preaching voluntary poverty or celebrating mass.
I mean if Anderson isn't an accurate depiction of baptists and the Waldensians were actually baptists in doctrine I take you guys do all these things.

Yeah see that's the whole problem. No baptist is asking you to believe them, only to use the right scripture and believe that. In a world full of corrupt and false roots, there is only one record that can be trusted, the record that God gave of his Son.

If you're truly looking for someone that's doctrinally sound, you don't need to look for other confessions of faith besides the only pure incorruptible word of God. I wouldn't put faith in any other record out there, and to even start to answer your question without saying so would be to implicitly deny that fact. The absolute fact is that all we've ever needed is the light of God's word, no further material required. Now if you want to look at the state churches, which are inherently political in nature, then that's another story entirely. They had to write things to formulate themselves over time. It's like apples to oranges.

Okay ya, I mean you're basically demonstrating the reason why I reject catholicism because catholicism associates names with beliefs and throws everything else out for nuance.
For example, I believe in OSAS like anderson but I don't outright and explicitly reject predestination after the reformed tradition how Anderson rejects.
I'm also an amillenarian, also an attribute of Baptist tradition unlike steven anderson who fell for the rapture meme.

amen bro

Attached: rapture origin.png (1058x148, 18.2K)

That's strange…
When you were asked to show an example of pre-12th century baptists you showed the Waldensians (which were 12th century tbh but whatever).
Then I proved that the Waldensians were nothing like the baptists besides putting up a middle finger to Rome and the emphasis of scripture and started generalizing baptists with Anderson.
After that you all go about how Anderson isn't the head of the baptists but when I ask then if other baptists actually celebrate mass, have clergy, a hierarchy and preach voluntary poverty you go on about "associating names with beliefs" but then why did you associate with the Waldensians?
This just shows me what I already knew; there's not a single historical proof the baptist successionism meme whatsoever.
Literally every denomination can and will use the bible to proof that their denomination is the Original Authentic Christianity™ so I ask actual historical proof.
No I'm not saying that, the bible is historical proof of christianity but every denomination claims theirs to be the one.

So now I repeat the question of the user before me: show me some historical proof (anything, christian writings to describings of a sect that have your doctrines) of a group doctrinally baptist before the 12th century.

You can show them anything, they will just pull another "no true scotsman" on you. Better not to waste your time.

Attached: anabaptist.PNG (780x200, 208.03K)

New thread theme ITT:

Luke 16:31
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

saved, thank you.
yep.

What group is he referring to? Is it one of the groups on this diagram?

Attached: The_Trail_of_Blood.jpg (4656x1500, 1.2M)

Not that I'm endorsing this chart; a two second overview of Montanists, for example, shows that they have no resemblance to modern day Baptists. But who was Anabaptist in the 300s?

A lot of those were political movements which some baptists participated in. But they did so as individuals; none are to be confused with the churches themselves which they came from, which have outlived those movements along with preserving the scripture. 1 Timothy 3:15. Hope that helps.

Didn’t you see Anderson giving mass in OP’s video?

There have been groups of people the rebaptism of people since the beginning, nothing saying they're baptists.

When did I go 'no true Scotsman' on you by the way?

Anabaptist simply means re-baptism, lots of groups claiming the other's baptisms were invalid due to creed or pedobaptism.
There have been lots of groups with this trait, yet none baptist which is a protestant denomination as we know it today.
Heck I think even the Donatists were anabaptists and as far as I know there was o rebaptism within the Waldensians.
I do see some protestants grouping them with anabaptists but I cannot find anything in their doctrine that points to this.

Is it that hard to understand basic history?

your misunderstanding of those verses is easy to understand.
but the verses are easy to understand too.
even though they were called christians first at antioch (acts 2:11) you think the council of jerusalem has anything to do with rome despite the fact that PAUL went around confirming the early churches, even rebuking peter and the others for their judaizing of the gentiles.
so much for papal infallibility right?
plus that verse about the rock is Jesus. the confession of Christ is the rock upon which Christ will build his church (congregation).
reread the verses please.
is basic reading comprehension beyond your grasp?

English is not my native language but it is clear Peter is the rock. Your interpretation is nothing but heresy.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-06-08-47-40.png (684x243, 26.13K)

oh i understand, you do not understand subject-object-verb designation.
i will help you by using colors.
get your crayons out!
blue is subject
red is object

good luck! english can be a fun language to speak once you learn it, but many people have difficulty learning.

Attached: E0E86CA8-4A95-47B1-913B-9F1F6771EC5C.jpeg (1414x558, 258.97K)

Christ didn’t speak english you brainlet.

Cephas = Cephas

dang dude, you're dense.
maybe ill call you cephas.
and upon this rock will i build my aegument.

You're the rock. Dumb as a rock, that is.

Ok, sweetie.

You should take a page from the orthobros here and learn how to debate Catholics effectively. There's a reason why they are doing well in attracting converts. You are not doing a good job of it.

Attached: 1486729108889.jpg (320x186, 7.41K)

protestants make me laugh