Bad! Modern Generations Have Weaker Bones Due To Digital Era Laziness

Many adults can look back to a period in their childhood where they went outside to play; however, this isn’t the case for most children in today’s generation. Nowadays, children and young adults spend 60 percent of their day doing sedentary activities like lying down, [poking around on their spyphones], watching TV, and playing video games. This is unfortunate, not just because they won’t have memories of playing outside, but also because they won’t be able to enjoy the different benefits associated with physical activity. A study conducted by researchers from the University of British Columbia and the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute revealed that physical activity during adolescence is important for skeletal development and that sedentary lifestyle has detrimental effects on bone health.

According to the World Health Organization, physical inactivity is a major risk factor for mortality and morbidity. This is worrisome since more than 80 percent of adolescents worldwide do not get enough physical activity. It is especially important to keep active during puberty since the bones and muscles are still developing during this period of life. Previous studies have shown that the benefits of physical activity and weight-bearing exercise on bone strength are optimized during adolescence.

Instead of doing physical activities, young adults spend most of their time doing sedentary activities. Prior research has shown that sedentary activities are linked to poor health but there was not enough evidence to establish if this was due solely to inactivity or if there was just an offset of benefits from physical activity.

In this study, which was published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, the researchers looked at the effects of physical activity and sedentary activities on the bone strength of the tibia and radius in participants aged nine to 20 years old. The researchers evaluated bone strength based on parameters like bone geometry, density, and microarchitecture since these are affected by mechanical stimuli during growth.

Results of the study showed that the effects of physical and sedentary activities on bone strength varied depending on the person’s maturity. The researchers determined that both activities had optimum effects on bone development during early and mid-puberty since at this period there is higher bone turnover. For physical activity, the observed results were beneficial to bone strength. Meanwhile, sedentary activities positively affected bone microarchitecture but were detrimental to bone geometry. Researchers attributed the positive effects on microarchitecture to changes in bone tissue distribution and mineralization that aim to maximize bone strength in smaller bones of sedentary people. Aside from this, researchers also observed that physical activity can override the detrimental effects of inactivity.

Overall, these results prove that physical activity is beneficial to bone strength while sedentary activities have both positive and negative effects on bone development. The results of the study also provide sufficient evidence for the ability of physical activity to offset the detrimental effects of sedimentary time. Lastly, the researchers observed that these all of these effects were dependent on maturity and were maximized during early and mid-puberty, which is why it is important for adolescents to go out and play.

Adolescents are not the only ones that should work on improving their bone strength. Even adults should take extra measures to keep their bones healthy since after 30 years old the bones will start to deteriorate. Some ways to improve bone strength include the following:

Drinking raw, organic milk — Milk is rich in calcium and vitamin D, which are important for bone formation and repair. Healthcare professionals recommend a daily dose of 1,000 mg of calcium and 400-800 IU of vitamin D for women under the age of 50 and men below 70 years old. Meanwhile, those that are older should get at least 1,200 mg of calcium per day.

Limiting alcohol intake — Alcohol interferes with the body’s ability to absorb calcium and inhibits bone formation so intake should be limited to two drinks a day for men and one drink for women.

Quitting smoking — People who smoke experience bone deterioration at a faster rate. This is especially true for women since smoking reduces estrogen levels, triggering early menopause, which is associated with accelerated bone loss.

archive.fo/KpZCJ
naturalnews.com/2018-11-04-exercise-to-keep-your-bones-strong.html

Attached: Modern Generations Have Weaker Bones Due To Digital Era Laziness.jpg (474x524, 49.48K)

Finally this shows up!

This is an unfortunate consequence of too much mindless consumption, one problem that really should be addressed concerning capitalism. I'm no commie either, I say that as a capitalist myself and do support the free market. But sometimes problems do occur and need to be addressed from time to time and this is one of them.

I think a large part of the problem is these kids are being spoiled by their parents today. Their parents are buying them all these gadgets and video games, when they should be encouraging sports or some kind of outdoor activity. Don't buy your kid a video game system! Buy them a bike! Don't buy your kid a new 'smart' gadget, buy your kid a football or install a basketball hoop around your garage door.

I also think that parents should encourage their pre-teen/teenage offspring to seek relationships with the opposite sex. Get them use to dating and seeking a healthy normal bond between boys and girls. Very important. My mother God bless her did her best to do this for me when I was young. I was even embarrassed sometimes over it when she invited a girl from the neighborhood over to visit and meet me WITHOUT telling me about it before hand (lol). But thats just good parenting! Caring about your children and their future is what parenting is all about.

egg zack lee™

85% of these imageboard guys
have absolutely no experience
looking a female in the eyes…

which of course eventually results in
them engaging in homosexual acts

Oh Jesus…. so thats why Zig Forums shills all those dildo adds all over this site? Figures.

It's not even dildos

Theyre silicone tubes shaped like little 6 inch long cartoon girls for these LOSERS to insert their tiny penises into and jack off

Because they never learned how to interact with females (nor did they ever learn how to interact with other boys who DID learn how to interact with females) they ended up becoming adult males with all the social and sexual acumen of the average 5 year old.

And they end up masturbating to cartoons like THIS ONE

Attached: RJ237991_img_main.jpg (560x420, 132.82K)

Lol, shit gets weirder every day. I'm now having to debate anons who think aluminum and mercury consumption is not harmful to their bodies now! I think most of Zig Forums is beyond hope at this point, that or many just no longer care to know whats really going on in the world anymore. Sad. Empire will completely collapse on them once we boomers start dying off.

But that major bone gets plenty o exercise

damn you !!

I was going to try and extrapolate the pun

but you beat me to the punch

This.

Oh wow stupid condescending boomer shit about how le younger generation is lazy and things were so much better way back when

We were more active back then. HAD TO BE. We had no internet. We had to find friends and meet face to face, play sports outside, date, etc.

Things really were better in many ways. Much more individual freedoms, not some massive police state "papers please" "now let us grope you or scan your naked body to travel" back then. No such thing as CCTV cameras everywhere (perhaps govt buildings but thats about it). No such thing as surveillance drones or "smart TVs" that spy inside consumer's homes. None of that! We didn't have as many mass shootings or gun control laws either. Overall people were more civil, in many neighborhoods you didn't even need to lock your front door! Now days? I katy bar. So yah….. shit has changed A LOT, and mostly for the worst. I do like the internet, but in many ways it has become a double edged sword. Treat it as such.

Also back in the day chemtrails from geo-engineering did not exist, and there was no such thing as cancerous Glyphosate or GMOs. So if I had the choice, I'd prefer living in yesteryears over today anyday. In some ways I still do, by rejecting all modern propaganda and new media and all the junk they shill. Thats why they hate folks like me.

The digital age is making everyone weaker, this began since the invention of TV really but it has gotten worse over the years.

bumping legit news

real news

And with VR microwave-head-sets coming out they will become blinded by rental damage too! Oh, but don't worry, the govt will approve it as safe anyway and pocket some extra bucks from gaming lobbyists, so everything is A OK!!

Attached: Zuckerberg n' Serfs.jpg (2048x1364, 262.89K)