Baptism not needed for salvation

You do not need to be baptized to be saved. Please keep this thread just about baptism and how it relates to salvation, so not about other works or communion.

There's pretty much only 3 verses I've seen people use to try to say you need to be baptized, I'll debunk all three.

Mark 16:15
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
This verse does not say what happens to a person that belivees and is not baptized, only someone that believes and is baptized and someone that does not believe. Let's say Person A believes and is baptized, Person B believes and is not baptized, and Person C does not believe. According to this verse A goes to Heaven and C goes to Hell, but says nothing about B. According to John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." Person A and B go to Heaven and C goes to Hell.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
They will say being "born of water" is being baptized. No, being born of water is being physically born, and they will usually leave out verse 6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." which Jesus compares being born of water with being born of the flesh, and being born of the spirit with being born of the spirit.

1 Peter 3:21
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
They will take the part where it says "baptism doth also now save us" and say that proves it, but no, it's "The like figure" that saves us, not baptism. And the like figure is the death, burial, and ressurection of Christ. Colossians 2:12 12 "Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."

Attached: 2567de.jpg (410x300, 35.03K)

I'm glad to see that not all Baptists have left Zig Forums, dissent leads to lively discussion. Sage for off-topic.

This kills the baptist.

Also,
lmao

Attached: a1c19f5ae7b5dc01690086f1a2cd16a34d38544a597fd1c981e7a1668119a83c.mp4 (1280x720, 13.91M)

It literally says that water is symbolic and it's having a clear conscience toward God is what saves a believer

Attached: Screenshot_20180420-095526.png (1080x1920 681.87 KB, 665.25K)

It is necessary to Believe and Baptize.
If you miss either one, for example, if you lack believe then you won't be saved.

If that was the case it would not have said "believe and be baptized" but only "believe".

wat

Attached: 1477510684468.jpg (550x550, 62.18K)

Muslim pls go

Attached: aisha.jpg (1000x938, 207.24K)

John 3:36 says nothing of baptism.

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." John 3:5

🤔

It's not complicated but people squirm when they're told they have to manifestly do something to be saved

Even if that were true, which I don't agree with due to
why wouldn't you? Even if you don't NEED to to get saved, it brings you closer to God.

worrisome trips

This is what baptists actually believe.

Works-based salvation? Thanks satan.
Saving faith LEADS to good works. Good works don't get you to heaven.
I once had a Mormon tell me that the thief on the cross went to Jesus in paradise because he must've been baptized beforehand.

This argument every day until you beat it!

>Bappy totally a human name you guys, also accurate representation of baptists only does the dishes

God is not a human father. God loves his adopted children unconditionally with a perfect love. We should be baptized because it is commanded of us, not because if we don't God will disown us. Was the thief on the cross baptized?

I don't know, do you know he wasn't?

Imagine being someone who, one day, realizes Jesus is Lord and believes on him. Moments later, you are killed by a car. Did you need to be baptized to go to heaven?

This isn't going to answer me is it

Oh
Okay time to leave.

Don't know, pretty sure it's yes since the baptism of the spirit is supposed to be a big deal.

Baptism by desire

Been away for a year and baptists are still allowed to post anti-Christ stuff here?