Serious question: How do you distinguish angels from demons

I've heard the old if it will praise Jesus it's an angel bit. But I'm too paranoid to believe that. Can't a demon just say "Jesus is Lord" and carry on with it's hijinks?

Attached: 1535477059099.jpg (640x772, 34.8K)

Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Christ

Kadoish Kadoish Kadoish Adonai Tsebaot
(Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God of Hosts)
(this is what the Jews used in the face of potential demons before Christ)

Where Christ Jesus is invoked we have on good authority that a demon holds no power.

My concern is that many demons have preached anti-Christian teachings while invoking a false Jesus. Surely the Jesus-invoking "angels" that founded Mormonism and Islam were really demons

Exactly, if demons can't pretend to invoke Jesus that means heresies are true, but they aren't so therefore demons must be able to tolerate His name and even feign worship.

Attached: 1534455076437.jpg (400x400, 15.22K)

Ask him/it to recite creed and see what happens.

Attached: 1510526257853.jpg (998x719, 131.94K)

Currently my best guess is the redeeming power of the cross is impossible for them to invoke. Jehovah's Witnesses have a new revelation saying he died on an upright stick, Mormonism says the cross wasn't sufficient for all people and those who the cross couldn't save must die (blood atonement), Islam says he wasn't even crucified, the Urantia book says he died on a cross but it was just a tragedy and not a redemptive act for humanity
All these fake new revelations deny the redeeming power of the cross for the whole world

A demon can not stand the breath of a pure and devout Christian the demon may lie and pretend to praise the Lord but even the act of touching a demon by a person of strong faith can be enough to drive them out. These are things given to us by Jesus himself and proven demonstrated many times in the bible when Jesus sent to apostles out to combat demons and preach the word. Sometimes an incredibly strong demon may be able to resist but in that instance the demon will reveal themselves because their own pride is so great.

>>>/trash/

I remember a story told be an exorcist where a young woman told him that Jesus came to her in a vision and she had been getting them regularly. Concerned over the possibility of a demon masquerading as the Lord, he asked her to ask the entity what his most recent sin was next time it showed up. He then returned home and did regular confession.

When he next saw the woman, she said when she asked, she was not informed of the sin. The exorcist then informed her that it was indeed Christ.

The reason is as such; when the Lord forgives you of your sin, he forgets it. Basically a "water under the bridge" situation. Demons however autistically remember every bad thing you have ever done regardless of whatever amends you make, and will be quite happy to remind you of them all serially so as to make you lose faith in salvation. If what this girl had run into was a demon, it would have replied with information on the sin.

Strong faith, sure, but the authority of Christ is also necessary.

RULES
FOR THE SAME EFFECT WITH
GREATER DISCERNMENT OF SPIRITS
AND THEY HELP MORE FOR THE SECOND WEEK
First Rule. The first: It is proper to God and to His Angels in their
movements to give true spiritual gladness and joy, taking away all sadness and
disturbance which the enemy brings on. Of this latter it is proper to fight against
the spiritual gladness and consolation, bringing apparent reasons, subtleties and
continual fallacies.
Second Rule. The second: It belongs to God our Lord to give consolation to
the soul without preceding cause, for it is the property of the Creator to enter, go
out and cause movements in the soul, bringing it all into love of His Divine Majesty.
I say without cause: without any previous sense or knowledge of any object through
which such consolation would come, through one’s acts of understanding and will.
Third Rule. The third: With cause, as well the good Angel as the bad can
console the soul, for contrary ends: the good Angel for the profit of the soul, that it
may grow and rise from good to better, and the evil Angel, for the contrary, and
later on to draw it to his damnable intention and wickedness.
Fourth Rule. The fourth: It is proper to the evil Angel, who forms himself
under the appearance of an angel of light, to enter with the devout soul and go out
with himself: that is to say, to bring good and holy thoughts, conformable to such
just soul, and then little by little he aims at coming out drawing the soul to his
covert deceits and perverse intentions.
Fifth Rule. The fifth: We ought to note well the course of the thoughts, and
if the beginning, middle and end is all good, inclined to all good, it is a sign of the
good Angel; but if in the course of the thoughts which he brings it ends in something
bad, of a distracting tendency, or less good than what the soul had previously
proposed to do, or if it weakens it or disquiets or disturbs the soul, taking away its
peace, tranquillity and quiet, which it had before, it is a clear sign that it proceeds
from the evil spirit, enemy of our profit and eternal salvation.
Sixth Rule. The sixth: When the enemy of human nature has been perceived
and known by his serpent’s tail and the bad end to which he leads on, it helps the
person who was tempted by him, to look immediately at the course of the good
thoughts which he brought him at their beginning, and how little by little he aimed
at making him descend from the spiritual sweetness and joy in which he was, so far
as to bring him to his depraved intention; in order that with this experience, known
and noted, the person may be able to guard for the future against his usual deceits.
Seventh Rule. The seventh: In those who go on from good to better, the good
Angel touches such soul sweetly, lightly and gently, like a drop of water which
enters into a sponge; and the evil touches it sharply and with noise and disquiet, as
when the drop of water falls on the stone.
And the above-said spirits touch in a contrary way those who go on from bad
to worse.
The reason of this is that the disposition of the soul is contrary or like to the
said Angels. Because, when it is contrary, they enter perceptibly with clatter and
noise; and when it is like, they enter with silence as into their own home, through
the open door.
Eighth Rule. The eighth: When the consolation is without cause, although
there be no deceit in it, as being of God our Lord alone, as was said; still the
spiritual person to whom God gives such consolation, ought, with much vigilance
and attention, to look at and distinguish the time itself of such actual consolation
from the following, in which the soul remains warm and favored with the favor and
remnants of the consolation past; for often in this second time, through one’s own
course of habits and the consequences of the concepts and judgments, or through
the good spirit or through the bad, he forms various resolutions and opinions which
are not given immediately by God our Lord, and therefore they have need to be very
well examined before entire credit is given them, or they are put into effect.

Cant you people type in human language in your own words instead of autistically copy-pasting things?

Have american education fallen so low that people don't understand stuff written by guy with no proper education?

I'm not American. Instead of talking about education of others, next time, show yours and actually use your words to write a post instead of copy-pasting it like anyone could.

I had a dream recently where a man was talking to me about how happy he was to have Jesus as his king. However, he wouldn't look me in the eye, repeatedly swore loudly, and seemed generally insincere. I believe it was a demon.
If the Holy Spirit is working through you, you will not be fooled.

In what sense necessarily? Gonna need context here duder.
Yes they can, even demons don't deny God and would be more than willing to speak truths and masquerade about if it meant corrupting someone.

Why don't you know this?

Read your bible.

Or just corrupt men…

You can't be serious,

Ya blew it

And it was clearly just that, a story
Demons can't lie? Strange.

A cigar is sometimes just a cigar. A dream, just a dream.
Just be alert for anything ungodly or unchristian, otherwise assume it's indigestion.

Attached: 1d7e7d03b3b5b057b210c5cab56051c2fb760e6264a0ea790af7575877f3e3eb.jpg (1197x605, 174.13K)

So is there really no way to be sure whether a spirit is an angel or a demon?

It does not follow. user wanted something for discerning spirits. I gave him. How autistic does one to be to REEEE at fact that I am not the author? Does quality of advice depends on originality? Are we to start paraphrasing Bible too? Stop being fag user.

Read your Bible, poohing autist

Then who was that really in the temptation of Christ? Truly a mystery.

I can only imagine what you think those verses mean.

They can lie, sure, but really the best way to get someone to keep or lose faith is to use the truth as a weapon. Certain both the divine and the infernal know that…

Ask someone IRL who's performed one. Unless you live in an area with completely spiritually dead clergy (and thus completely useless on the supernatural combat end of things) you should be able to get some answers. Asking someone here's probably not going to be particularly helpful, even I can only provide secondhand information, and most everyone else is just doing guesswork based off the manual.

In any event, you'll get more reliable information in case you do have a problem. Just don't go looking for trouble, prodding fallen spirits is like throwing rocks at a bear.

Jesus gave us all the authority to do such things but your faith in him needs to be unshakeable. Yes it is written in the bible.

against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness
and all manner of disease.

will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and
they will recover.” And Matthew 28:19-20 records a bit more of what Jesus
said regarding the great commission. “Go therefore and make disciples of
all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of
the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Luke 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and
place, whither he himself would come.

2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers
are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth
labourers into his harvest.

Luke 10:8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such
things as are set before you:

9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is
come nigh unto you.

Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying,
Lord, even the devils [NKJV: demons] are subject unto us through thy name.

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over
all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you;
but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs
and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in
Solomon’s porch.

13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified
them.

14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and
women.)

15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on
beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might
overshadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem,
bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they
were healed every one.

Acts 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and
preached Christ unto them.

6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip
spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were
possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were
healed.

It is your DUTY as a follower of Christ to do these things.

I addressed that brother,

Not often so. There's a hilarious trend of referring the superstitious to other denominations for "demonic" problems, because time and again it's because they need new pipes, electrical lines, etc.; and they're unwilling to admit that there is a reasonable mundane explanation.

That might be over the top, but I have a real problem with discounting the possibility of supernatural attacks in general. Possession is quite real, and not as uncommon as you'd think. That's also something people are doing, perhaps in reaction to thinks like that but also people who just simply do not believe in Heaven or Hell…which also includes an increasing number of clergy…

Angels have bird wings, while Demons have bat wings.

Very helpful

Attached: 392B9053-A303-479E-8530-B7527CED4F07.gif (500x281, 854.94K)