Common Core'd? Climate Scientists Admit To Major Math Error After Global Warming Study Debunked

The co-author of a widely-cited global warming study has owned up to a major math error uncovered six days after its Oct. 31 publication by an independent scientist.

The study used a new method of measuring the ocean's absorption of heat, and concluded - through incorrect math - that 60% more heat had been absorbed than previously thought.

The report was covered or referenced by MSM outlets worldwide, including the Washington Post, New York Times, BBC, Reuters and others.

Shortly after the article was published, however, independent UK-based researcher Nicholas Lewis published a comprehensive blog post, claiming he had found a "major problem" with the research.

“So far as I can see, their method vastly underestimates the uncertainty,” Lewis said in an interview Tuesday, “as well as biasing up significantly, nearly 30 percent, the central estimate.”

Lewis added that he tends “to read a large number of papers, and, having a mathematics as well as a physics background, I tend to look at them quite carefully, and see if they make sense. And where they don’t make sense — with this one, it’s fairly obvious it didn’t make sense — I look into them more deeply.”

Lewis has argued in past studies and commentaries that climate scientists are predicting too much warming because of their reliance on computer simulations, and that current data from the planet itself suggests global warming will be less severe than feared. -Washington Post

"When we were confronted with his insight it became immediately clear there was an issue there," said Ralph Keeling, a scientist with the Scripps Institute of Oceanography who co-authored the paper with Princeton University scientist and lead author, Laure Resplandy. "We’re grateful to have it be pointed out quickly so that we could correct it quickly."

Keeling said they have since redone the calculations, finding the ocean is still likely warmer than the estimate used by the IPCC. However, that increase in heat has a larger range of probability than initially thought — between 10 percent and 70 percent, as other studies have already found.

“Our error margins are too big now to really weigh in on the precise amount of warming that’s going on in the ocean,” Keeling said. “We really muffed the error margins.” -San Diego Union-Tribune

"I accept responsibility for what happened because it’s my role to make sure that those kind of details got conveyed," Keeling told the Washington Post on Tuesday.

archive.fo/AjCuz
washingtonpost.com/amphtml/energy-environment/2018/11/14/scientists-acknowledge-key-errors-study-how-fast-oceans-are-warming

Keeling addressed the math error in a Friday note:

Note from co-author Ralph Keeling Nov. 9, 2018: I am working with my co-authors to address two problems that came to our attention since publication. These problems, related to incorrectly treating systematic errors in the O2 measurements and the use of a constant land O2:C exchange ratio of 1.1, do not invalidate the study’s methodology or the new insights into ocean biogeochemistry on which it is based. We expect the combined effect of these two corrections to have a small impact on our calculations of overall heat uptake, but with larger margins of error. We are redoing the calculations and preparing author corrections for submission to Nature. -Scripps.ucsd.edu

The scientists have submitted a correction to the journal Nature, which published the study.

archive.fo/lNBgv
zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-14/climate-scientists-admit-major-math-error-after-global-warming-study-debunked

Attached: Climate Scientists Admit To Major Math Error After Global Warming Study Debunked.jpg (648x576, 143.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/AjCuz
washingtonpost.com/amphtml/energy-environment/2018/11/14/scientists-acknowledge-key-errors-study-how-fast-oceans-are-warming
archive.fo/elYwR
web.archive.org/web/20180910185746/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its a little weird to see someone just posting news on Zig Forums,
But I think I like it.

Diversity can not save science. It won't be long now.

B U L L S H I T

Attached: PicsArt_11-15-06.05.53.jpg (1119x801, 122.57K)

There was a very well-informed poster at endchan who once posted a list of Zionists behind this whole carbon taxation scheme. Very informative, does anyone have that list? If so post it. For those that are not aware, Zionism is a Jewish cult, or global mafia run by Jews, that seek Jewish-run supremacy and domination over the globe. Many Globalists tend to actually be Zionists themselves, although there are some that are puppets as well, who are not Jews but do work for them and are in their pockets. Carbon taxation would basically enrich many of these industrialist oligarchs (many which are Jews, like the Rothchilds and the Rockefellers) at the expense of the taxpayers. Think of it like the tax pushed on rolling Tobacco back in 2009 where the new taxes came in and the prices tripled and quadrupled in two to three years!

It's news when the scientists discover it, it's news when it's verified, it's news when it's ABSOLUTELY VERIFIED, but for you, the only 'real news' when some idiots try to debunk it.

You're not a scientist, you're not a meteorologist, you're not a physicist, you're not an astro engineer, you're just a lazy little video game-playing bitch sitting in front of your computer….

But somehow that qualifies you as an expert

Not bullshit, they admitted to their errors in the report:

archive.fo/AjCuz

IM SO IMPRESSED WITH 'NEWS BOYS' WHO COPY AND PASTE INSIGNIFICANT, SLANTED, BIASED URLs

https:reutersnews.org/planet_earth_doesnt_really_exist

If the ocean is warming up more thats actually worse, but they don't seem to be sure about it yet. It's probably a good idea to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and pollution anyway. They might be wrong but it's a really bad idea to gamble with our planet.

this is the only sensible argument for climatehoax, we don't know shit, and changing everything would have unknown consequences, the same is true for society, but try to tell that to the lefties..

Give carbon is the most common element, and is in almost everything we use - plants, animals, fuel and plastics from such, they can "tax" everything.
Your car, flights, plastic bags, the new drinking straw bogeyman, cooking, heating, electricity, packaging.
The answer is to burn it all down.

Exactly. This would further divide the gap between rich and poor, causing the middle class complete demise in their ability to maintain their most basic lifestyles. Its a horrific economic policy, financial suicide in fact.

Pollution is what you have to worry about, not carbon emission unless its in extreme amounts (which its not in America because we already have extensive controls moreso than most other nations).

Trump actually signed a bill recently to curb pollution and clean the oceans. Thread about it was posted here but likely sliden as usually happens with real news.

Shit decomposing in streets of shithole cities, flooding the atmosphere with methane, plastics killing the ocean's ability to take up carbon from the atmosphere, rivers so flooded with industrial waste that spawning seasons fail?

I agree, but remember most of these are leftist run cities (like it or not, just saying!) Where I live I don't see crap in the roads and I live in a small crappy town.

Don't know if they do that, but they do cause pollution and believe it or not a bill was recently passed by Congress and signed in by Trump to prevent dumping plastics into the ocean. They'll start recycling them I assume.

You can mostly blame the military industrial complex for this, as they are the biggest contributers of dumping waste.

Your pseudo intellectual persona is collapsing Johnny

you don't know news unless you got these degrees or hear it from someone who has them goyim

Too bad the crackers and kikes got a claim on the resources then I guess. The rest of us just have to settle for the crumbs we can get after all these environmental regulations reduce access to new enterprisal efforts

BE PREPARED: >>>/prepare/1 | archive.fo/elYwR
web.archive.org/web/20180910185746/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/1.html

Found the nigger.

THIS. Ironic how they blame us for everything yet the very ones doing the blaming are some of the world's biggest polluters. Does anyone bitch about that to China or Russia or India? No. Notice its ALWAYS the Western world thats to-blame. Always.

I don't care what some pederast thinks of me.

Wonder why this doesn't this make it in the major news headlines?