Trump tried to bypass Nancy Pelosi and negotiate with members of her caucus. None of them showed up

President Donald Trump tried a new strategy to get his border wall by going around House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Politico reported. He failed spectacularly.

On Tuesday, Trump invited moderate House Democrats to join him at the White House for lunch to talk about his wall and the shutdown. He used a similar strategy when Paul Ryan controlled the House, going around the speaker to negotiate with the far-right Freedom Caucus. But unlike Republicans, no Democrats attended the lunch meeting, according to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.

The embarrassing episode shows two things: Democrats are united on shutdown politics and the president is underestimating Pelosi’s hold on her caucus.

“Is anybody surprised that the president is trying to get votes wherever he can get votes?” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) asked reporters this morning, laughing as he said it. “We are totally united, totally.”

Trump is trying to negotiate with someone other than Pelosi. That’s not how the Democratic caucus operates.

The flurry of White House invitations sent out on Tuesday afternoon and evening confused the House Democrats who received them. There seemed to be no real strategy on the part of the White House as to who was being invited, other than to try to make it seem like they were winning over moderate Democrats.

vox.com/2019/1/15/18183820/trump-nancy-pelosi-house-democrats-government-shutdown

Attached: 1547593981744.jpg (400x373, 24.14K)

They probably just didn't feel like having mcdonalds for lunch

Pelosi has shown that she is unwilling to negotiate. She hates President Trump more than she loves the country she is supposed to represent.

I really need the trumptards to explain this spectacular and epic failure.

It's okay to ask for help, we can tell you are a little slow.

Personally, I think Trump's just milking this bastard for all it's worth . . . I get the sense they've really pissed him off, and the take-down (if it ever gets here) is going to leave a mark across the board.

Translation: "I don't want my wife and kids to be used in the next satanic ritual. Please, I did what you said!"

Attached: better_days_in_gensokyo.gif (504x279, 2.69M)

The jewish Muppet show is so boring and predictable. I wish Kermit would just declare martial law, address the audience about the dangers of letting Miss Piggy's followers left unchecked and 24 hours later there would be none of them standing, and we could finally put that mass murdering pig to death.

Nancy do not give a damn about Americans. The Democrats just wanted the border to be gone to become a part of the global government.

He offered them a chance to leap onto the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. No smart person would take that deal.

Maybe the Republicans will back down, but that's mostly because their party tends to give its members a lot more leeway to make up their own minds which makes them less effective in standoffs like this. However, the fact that they've never received any credit for backing down in the past (while it gets them mocked as cowardly traitors by their base, and sometimes primaried) has got to sting.

eat a corn filled shit hymie

Not at all. They get loyalty pets from their friends in isreal.

This guy would know.

is that why the senate passed a bill 100 - 0 and trump refused?

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but Nancy Pelosi is speaker of the HOUSE. Dipshit.

i'd hate to break the news to you but that was a bill that passed HOUSE and senate dipshit

Attached: americlaps.webm (680x384, 4.68M)

So why don't you post a link with the juicy details if you want to spread your superior knowledge, dipshit?

Nice daily show webm.

as usual the trumptard has his head so firmly up his ass he doesn't know what his own government is doing

Attached: 0b5.jpg (1024x668, 90.11K)

As usual the leftist has no evidence to provide.

When you cater to kikes, you lose.

Attached: 1548391426918.jpg (197x256, 18.77K)

Go to bed. You MIGHT wake up less retarded.

Trump is such a massive embarrassment, holy shit. Why even bother? What is the point? This is the upteenth time he's gone crawling to the Dems and they've fucked him raw. What a joke.
lol

Unless he is simply jerking them around to keep the government shut down. Section apes BTFO!

Is this what you wanted? Because this is what you got.

Trump wants to negotiate, Pelosi wants to destroy the country.

sure bud

Attached: tr.jpg (898x628, 51.31K)

Trump just can't stop getting cucked.

This is the thread you chose to slide with? Nice choice.