4chan trolls flood laid off HuffPost, Buzzfeed reporters with death threats

"Shortly after he tweeted the news of his own layoff, Nick Wing checked his inbox at HuffPost and saw an email with a few pictures from a troll.

One was an image of President Trump, and another was a Photoshopped meme of Fox News’ Tucker Carlson. The edited image shows two bodies hanging from a tree next to the words “Day of the Rope,” a far-right meme about their desire to execute journalists. Underneath Carlson, where the scrolling cable news ticker would usually appear, it reads “JUST KILL THEM. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.”

Wing was one of many journalists who were let go by Buzzfeed and HuffPost this week and were sent death threats from trolls organizing their efforts on the far-right message board 4chan. Many of those targeted by the harassment campaign did not cover the far-right, including Wing, whose beat focused on inequality and guns.

“It really is upsetting to see such outright animus toward the entire journalism profession, to the point where trolls are openly reveling in people’s misfortune or even working to make it worse. But ultimately I think it says more about their character than anything,” Wing told NBC News.

“What sort of sad and pathetic human being do you have to be to do that?”

Tweets sent from trolls to Wing that included everything from threats to racial slurs to images of swastikas remained visible on Twitter hours after they were posted.

Buzzfeed and HuffPost both laid off substantial portions of its newsrooms this week. Buzzfeed said it would cut about 15 percent of its workforce, and layoffs began Friday. HuffPost’s parent company, Verizon, promised to cut 7 percent of workers from its media division, and those layoffs began Thursday."

Talia Lavin, a freelance writer whose primary income was a political column for HuffPost before her editors were laid off this week, found 4chan threads with users bragging about “taunting them with my sock puppet Twitter.”

“I’m gonna burn so many sock (puppet accounts), I can not help, but gloat to the max,” one user wrote. Another user implored others to “hammer these [expletive] hard and tell them to learn to code.”

Lavin was inundated with sexist and anti-semitic slurs, including one calling her “oven-ready,”

nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna963001

Attached: 190125-buzzfeed-offices-ew-403p_cbc3238fb50ec5f9c373a44912d9549c.fit-2000w.jpg (2000x1334, 491.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/6pp0H
zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-27/fired-buzzfeed-employees-demand-payouts-vested-vacation-time
i.redd.it/st85wp6rl1d21.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it would be stretch to call anyone like these people journalists. More like activist bloggers.

That MSM will go after a board full of snarky neckbeard losers really says volumes. To what extremes will the news conglomerates go to in order to silence opinions that don't support their little agenda?
Zig Forums is making the world think 4chan is like stormfront or something.

Normalfags will never understand 4chins.

Odd way to say "traitors".

since all they did was browse half all day I would be surprised if this is a false flag to get their jobs back.

BuzzFeed is refusing to pay out earned, accrued, and vested paid time off for almost all US employees who have been laid off. They will only pay out PTO to employees in California, where the law requires it. We understand that in other states where BuzzFeed employees have been laid off, state law does not require you to do so. But employers absolutely can pay out PTO — and often do. It is a choice, and for a company that has always prided itself on treating its employees well, we unequivocally believe it is the only justifiable choice.

archive.is/6pp0H

the left will almost certainly pile on unironically. It is a labor dispute after all. It also has the potential to spread the shittiness of the media and especially buzzfeed to people who still have their head in the sand somehow.

Buzzfeed is already hurting financially. This is why the layoffs occurred. They aren't paying because they don't have the money presumably. If these ex-employees sue it might just be enough to close buzzfeed down or at least file for bankruptcy.

Attached: Capture.JPG (1191x410, 51.01K)

Why don't they just learn to code instead

Fired BuzzFeed Employees Demand Payouts For Vested Vacation Time

zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-27/fired-buzzfeed-employees-demand-payouts-vested-vacation-time

Attached: Capture.JPG (638x300, 38.03K)

I wouldn't even go that far. It sounds like praise.

They're nothing but leftist propagandists.

Sounds to me like that email was telling the journalist to kill his ex-colleagues for firing him, not for the guy himself to die. Either way the person who sent it would have luled, so watevs

Even mom bloggers write better shit than these so called journalists

So all those journos and liberals were threatening to kill white miners?

Attached: Spencer.jpg (1455x1080, 172.71K)

Attached: c8cd0c18e664a5fcd13c9b859da8301c0656c76870dad34fb88a60466b079ff5.jpg (605x806, 52.7K)

It would be a stretch to call them 'trollers', because when they emailed imagery of people hanging with the pathetic 'day of the rope' faggotry, they left the realm of 'troll', and entered the realm of 'soon to be convicted felon'…

This

By sending somebody an email with a 'day of the rope' reference, and an attached graphic image, the 'funny haha troller' has used the internet (interstate, investigated by the FBI) to commit several felonies…

any prosecutor could easily secure a conviction for harassing communications and terroristic threats.

Personally, i love pissing people off online…
I thoroughly enjoy frustrating, delaying, annoying, humiliating, perplexing, confusing, derailing and irritating people…….

however…………………….

anyone who sends somebody threatening emails images of people being hung by the neck deserves to be prosecuted, convicted & sentenced to prison.

and any 'computer genius' who tells you they know how to prevent their online activities from being traced is a fucking liar…

there is no encryption, no Tor, no VPN, no proxies or mirrors, no ANYTHING that can't be traced by law enforcement.

That you personally know of

whois linux internet cafe offshore vpn

We're coming for you next Shlomo, traitors first.

this thread is bullshit

hahahaha like i said

You're either lying….

or a fucking idiot…..

JIDF's arrived lol

offshore vpn

moron

*in exaggerated dunce voice*

"Duurrr i use an offshore VPN"

good. Equality for them is nearly all women employees. i.redd.it/st85wp6rl1d21.jpg

good. more women for the heterosexuals.

faggot

im curious. have you ever contemplated the fact that YOU are the reason why girls don't like you?

its not a conspiracy by women.

it's YOU……

youre responsible for your failure, not them.

You.

Are. Faggot

Every wonder why

Peaple call

You faggot?

It's because you are

Cancerus homo

Because you're on the plantation you think everyone wants to go there. How is pulling that cart with the wife, kids, mortgage, car payments, etc. and wage slaving feel?

>(((journalists))) are crying big salty tears about mean words on the internet
When are they not?

A: time for you to play another video game, lil boy

like the ones you spew about being inferior to jews?

hint: friday is the 1st

and mommy will be paying your
internet bill again, little guy……..

perhaps this month, you could give her
a realistic time frame for when you're
going to get off your lazy 'imageboard
genius' marshmallow ass and finally
begin paying your own god damn bills

A simple VPN on a shitter country will end any trace the FBI or the CIA get going, unless of course they own all of the thousands of trashy VPN routing services worldwide. Which for a retarded nigger like you, it true.

Like paying 40 or 50$ is some big deal for a neet.

Smart men don't get married not that I'm smart or anything.

Marriage is a great thing. By all means, do it. But don’t go and get a license and register your marriage with the government.

Single life is the best life; you can do whatever you want whenever you want where ever you want–it's great. Hell you don't even have to go to work if you don't feel like it. You married guys know you made a mistake.

read all about it

Attached: PicsArt_01-28-11.43.09.png (1343x1489, 198.78K)

going your own way ?

trust me, youre not the first man to go into a gay nightclub restroom to find somebody just as desperate as you

see?… not all news is fake

Attached: PicsArt_01-28-11.47.42.png (1343x1489, 199.94K)

it's okay, little guy……

you don't need to feel compelled to justify it

When your adversary has a global presence and near infinite resources you can't beat them. You can make their life harder but that's it. They'll get you eventually.

Jamal Niggertits banned from Zig Forums in 3….2….1….

"you can do whatever you want whenever you want where ever you want"

Attached: PicsArt_01-28-11.55.59.png (1343x1489, 225.86K)

Attached: PicsArt_01-28-11.59.12.png (1343x1489, 214.3K)

The NSA funnels every single electronic communication on earth through their system.

every single encryption developed so far has been cracked.

I am fairly certain that does not include spamming the board with you're frustrated glow-nigger nonsense.

the Amazing Kreskin you ain't, huh?

Attached: PicsArt_01-29-12.03.21.png (1343x1489, 213.85K)

Let me know when you've got a few weeks open.

Ill teach you how to differentiate between YOUR and YOU'RE….

(again)

Attached: PicsArt_01-29-12.05.24.png (1343x1489, 201.97K)

Ohboy, they think this is bad? They have no idea how much people have come to hate "journalists" these days, I'm hoping it gets taken further and one of these fake news peddlers gets taken out.

I've already explained this to you at least a dozen times

Attached: your-you-are-difference.jpg (720x720, 159.45K)

llmfao @ you thinking people 'hate' journalists

you live in a tiny little bubble of self delusion

Incomplete people seek happiness and validation from others. People like me are complete on our own. We don't need other people to validate and make us happy. Isn't it pass your bed time?

lol @ 'pass' your bedtime…..

(it's spelled PAST*)

Attached: your-youre.jpg (1200x800, 301.28K)

pay attention

Attached: Use-You're-and-Your-Step-7.jpg (3200x2400, 219.36K)

Your going to learn to code Jamal, and youll like it.

learning is fun, huh ?

Attached: PicsArt_01-29-12.13.59.jpg (267x415, 21.78K)

Attached: PicsArt_01-29-12.20.45.jpg (1235x827, 181.09K)

Feminist English teachers only dispense propaganda:

To everyone who says that all journalists are liars or Jews or whatever, then answer me this: where do you get YOUR information from that IS trustworthy? You're just one small person; you cannot possibly observe the entire planet with an omniscient eye to gain knowledge about world events. You have to be TOLD, by someone else.

So who is it, then? You can't say "nobody" because then you don't know anything and you're a gibbering retard and cannot comment.

trust me… i didn't think your illiteracy was THEIR fault…..

okay, now here's where it gets tricky….
its YOUR books, not YOURS books

Attached: PicsArt_01-29-12.23.42.jpg (1332x628, 95.99K)

Cant they just buy money?

stands and applauds you
as the other dimwits sit
silently, too embarrassed
to join the ovation………

Y O U R E E X A C T L Y R I G H T

Said the 15 yo "future 100% certain millionaire" still doing the same.

Please excuse my dad guys, his penis was disabled in Vietnam and now all he can do is be an obnoxious English teacher on 8 Chan.

it's Zig Forums'

not '8 chan'

They are not omnipotent, plus there is a difference between local police being able to make a case against you and some automated system recording everything that noone even accesses.

Use tor/vpn, make them admit in court they own those to convict you.

Awwwwww DAMMIT !!!!!

you got me, didn't you?……….

Yep…. Im the 15 yo future 100% millionaire

PARALLEL CONSTRUCTION:

how local law enforcement jurisdictions & federal law enforcement agencies use data obtained from the NSA and make it appear as if they obtained the evidence themselves

Amazing….. Youve got the internet at your fingertips, but the only thing youve accomplished is Overwatch and Anime

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-29-00-39-57.png (1080x2160, 257.4K)

So bernie bros?

it's not easy to always be correct

………..but i was born this way………..

its a Birth Perfect

you are clearly wasted on this forum

but then again, you've probably done a lot of meth

AGAIN: the NSA monitors and stores every single god damn electronic communication on earth'

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-29-00-44-41.png (1080x2160, 284.79K)

Thats the spirit!

charge yo fone bro

you're welcome

It charges the 4,400 mAh battery to 80% in about 28 minutes

For simple cases? No, they don't do that, too much effort. Even if they do that, make them lie in court, make local cop lie in testimony, make them forge documents. It will all come out eventually.

Fuck your blackpilling, traitors.

BREAKING NEWS :

when the 12 year old girl Jayme Closs was kidnapped from her house on October 15th, it wasn't 'fake news'.

it was completely real…..

When she escaped from her captor on January 10th, it wasn't 'fake news'….

It was real news….

news isn't 'fake'.

Its SLANTED… its BIASED….
but not all the news is…
just the political news is biased.

it always has been.
and it always will be.

since the beginning of time, humans have been telling eachother stories, and every one of those stories was told through the teller's biased filter.
every one of those stories had a slant.

but when it comes to modern journalism
there is not a 'conspiracy of fake news'

CNN has their political slant
FOX has their own slant
etc etc etc

everybody has a slant…..

even YOU have a slant
and you gravitate to news that fits your slant

wanna hear some FAKE NEWS ?
pizzagate…. Thats fake news

Alex Jones is fake news….

the Sandy Hook kids DID die
their parents are NOT crisis actors
the earth is NOT flat

grow up

thats odd……. i don't remember ever saying
that they do it in 'simple cases'…………………

NEWS (an acronym meaning North East West & South) has ALWAYS been slanted and biased to convince readers to believe in a certain mindset that was endorsed by the owner of that particular news agency.

it used to be much, much worse in the earliest days of the printing press….

honestly?… if anything, the news has become exponentially more truthful as time has progressed.

the WORST period of fake news ever?

during the first gulf war
under a republican administration
the Dept of Defense was planting
completely fabricated stories to
sway public perception of the
need to go to war, and the
actual war itself.

they fabricated and planted completely
fake news stories about Iraqi soldiers
breaking into Kuwaiti orphanages and
ripping babies out of incubators to
enrage Mom & Pop in middle America

if anything, the 'fake' news comes
from the White House itself, and
the Dept of Defense………………

the military is who manipulates the
public with fake stories…..

CNN & FOX dont secretly run the world

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

if you actually think that Hillary Clinton is part of a top secret cult that rapes, eviscerates and eats children in the basement of a pizza parlor……

you're a fucking moron

Not exactly true. What HAS progressed is the openness and universality of information. It's easy to censor people's view when the only source they have is their local newspaper and three television channels.

Now, the entire fucking world is at people's fingertips. With the proliferation of phones with built-in cameras and internet access, literally everyone is a potential journalist. Big events cannot be covered up anymore, and information about them cannot be contained anymore. Potentially, anyone can access and vet any story from dozens of separate angles and (here's the important part) decide for themselves based on this mountain of evidence what the truth must really be.

The problem is, most people do not do this. Maybe they are just incapable. Instead of utilizing the vast amounts of information allowed them, they continue to just listen to a single source (or a bare few similar ones) and believe literally everything they say without question.

HERE'S SOME REAL NEWS :

Trump is an illiterate, primal, disgusting caveman

true, very true
false
yes they are
I guess that rug really ties the whole room together hey

you know, that really hits home, I'm gonna wash my balls in the sink one extra time per day now, because a meth addict shill on Zig Forums shamed me so

Do you think if I wash my balls hard enough i'll be invited to speak at the Bilderberg ?

your second paragraph was the much more thorough explanation of what i was summarizing when i said the news has become exponentially more honest

good work, sir

ill be right here when you present
evidence that the kids didnt die

obviously, you were there at the school
because otherwise, you'd really have
no evidence to back up your claim…

so go open that folder and
post your proof……………..

ill be roght here waiting

Quite a compelling argument!

I just lost a certain amount of respect for you, i'm only conversing with you because I expect something new and interesting, but you're giving me HKM bot responses

……still waiting……

don't tell me……………………
you just read about it somewhere ?

see ?… like i said.
people gravitate to
news sources that
meet their desired
slant / agenda

i can live with that………
take a number and
get to the back of the line

it is what it is man, you're can't be a super creative wordsmith 100% of the time, I get it

hey, im not the one that insisted the kids didnt die

i dont think asking for proof is unreasonable

no you're a gay meth addict

yep. only 23 hours & 45 minutes a day

you caught me on my 15 minute
cigarette break

yes…….. yes i am

when it comes to gay meth addicts

Im the gayest…..
and the methiest…….

im the boss of gay meth addicty addicts