Harley-Davidson Profit Is Wiped Out by President Trump’s Tariffs

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-29/harley-profit-wiped-out-by-tariffs-as-sales-continue-slumping

Harley-Davidson Inc. broke even in the last quarter of a year in which the struggling American icon got caught up in President Donald Trump’s trade wars. The results sent the motorcycle maker’s shares lower in early trading.

Earnings per share on a GAAP basis was zero in the fourth quarter, the Milwaukee-based manufacturer said in a statement Tuesday. Excluding restructuring and tariff costs, profit was 17 cents a share, missing analysts’ average estimate for 29 cents.

Attached: 1000x-1.jpg (1000x673, 141.09K)

Good. I hope Kawasaki is next. Then all those jackasses on motorcycles can kill themselves.

Don't say that again.

I’m looking forward to a third world US

I ride Harley’s. Love the bike and the company. Tariffs are hitting them because they outsourced so much to Mexico. This will put them back on track and make them truely American once again.

I'M SURE IT NOT THEM MOVING PRODUCTION OVERE SEAS AND THE TRUMP SUPPORTER BOYCOTT THY OFFENDED LIKE 95% OF THE CUSTER BASE

Good. Should've kept production in the USA.

What will retired boomers ride now?

they have to move production out of the US to avoid tariffs. What's mexico got to do with it jackass?

A bike that's actually decent.

oy vey

fuck mexico

Good. Harley fags are annoying.
This literally only effects boomers.

ur mum

Bullshit.

They are losing market share because no one wants their overpriced, overweight, underpowered bikes from the 70's

Wow dude. You kiss your mother with that mouth? You should be ashamed.

Yep. Fuck em.

I ride moped with no helmet. I go fast. I get all pussy. You gay fag cuz get no pussy.

BREAKING: PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW YOU EXIST AND WOULDNT CARE EITHER WAY DO A THING, SO TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY IM GIVING THEM FREE PR

Wow nice post Jakob!

HD is shit technology. If they are failing its their own damn fault.

well this was sliddened fast

Theyre tariffs on moving products from Mexico to US

Attached: bikerschoolgirl.jpg (600x503, 78.22K)

Indian Scouts.
Harley is shit in comparison.

Monocycles are the future.

Idiot, it's the tariffs that forced them to move, otherwise they would have lost even more money.
Trumptards don't understand that the tariffs Trump puts on China and Mexico are a cost that AMERICAN companies have to pay.

NO, for the LAST FUCKING TIME, THAT'S NOT WHAT TARIFFS DO YOU STUPID TRUMPTARDIAN MORON!
Tariffs mean products from other countries that American companies are buying cost more, which lowers profits. The "idea" trump had is to instead make them buy products made in the USA… which cost more.
So basically it means American companies are losing money to higher costs. Which means if they don't move production overseas or find a different cheap supplier, their product will be more expensive. Which means American companies will sell less of their products and lose even more money. While you still demand cheap shit, buying chinese and asian products at Walmart.
This is the genius of Trump, to drive what was a booming economy into the ground.