PG&E Gas Line Explosion Engulfs San Francisco Buildings In Flames

>>>/related/7

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for bankrupt California utility PG&E, it got worse.

On Wednesday afternoon, PG&E - which filed for bankruptcy last week as a result of $30 billion in legal liabilities resulting from California's massive 2017 and 2018 wildfires its equipment may have ignited - was working to contain a natural gas leak from a pipeline that exploded on Wednesday along a major thoroughfare in San Francisco, setting fire to five buildings and leaving thousands without power in Inner Richmond, while prompting people in nearby restaurants to run for their lives as fire crews worked to get a handle on the soaring flames.

The fire erupted just before 1:30 p.m. in front of Hong Kong Lounge II by the intersection of Geary Boulevard and Parker Avenue, officials said according to the SF Chronicle.

The fire triggered an evacuation order for people within a block of the site on Geary Boulevard, a major artery that leads into downtown San Francisco, according to the San Francisco Fire Department. According to Bloomberg, which quoted San Francisco Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White, eight workers near the explosion have been accounted for and no injuries were reported.

Eight construction workers, hired by an unidentified third-party contractor, were digging in the ground to install fiber optic cables when they hit a gas main, Hayes-White said.

PG&E’s stock plunged as much as 6.3 percent following this latest accident which threatens to pile up even more legal bills on the insolvent utility, which in addition to wildfire costs, is still dealing with the consequences of the San Bruno gas pipeline explosion that killed eight people and leveled 38 homes.

"I’m confident that it’ll be contained soon,” Hayes-White told reporters at the scene. “As soon as the gas leak is tamped down, we’ll have it under control." The alternative, of course, being that a section of San Francisco burns down is probably too dire for PG&E's management to even consider.

Hayes-White described the explosion and ensuing fire as extensive but noted that it’s “not as extensive” as the San Bruno blast.

Bloomberg adds that at least five PG&E workers could be seen digging into the pavement in a crosswalk near the flames more than an hour after the blast. Helicopter footage of the fire scene showed a blackened backhoe near the source of the flames.

Meanwhile, the NTSB didn’t immediately say whether the agency is sending a team to the incident.

In the six years after the San Bruno explosion, PG&E installed more than 230 automatic or remote-controlled valves on its natural gas network, so workers wouldn’t need to manually shut off the flow of gas in an emergency.

BINGO!

archive.fo/WUqbD
zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-06/pge-gas-line-explosion-engulfs-san-francisco-buildings-flames

Attached: PG-E Gas Line Explosion Engulfs San Francisco Buildings In Flames.jpg (600x409, 35.39K)

Figures.

Horrible incompetent company that was completely subsidized in Commiefornia, glad they are finally going bankrupt. The sooner, the better.

Maybe PG&E shouldn't be hiring illegals to work at their company then? Obviously something has gone wrong, whether its all that automated remote-control shit their installing or poorly skilled foreign slave labor, who knows? The fact is the company SUCKS now, and I'm glad they're going bankrupt over it.

Did you read the OP?
Imagine that you crash your car onto a power line, cutting the supply to a lot of people, and then blaming the electical company.

Be still my boner

GASSY MAN

Attached: NUDE LOLIS.gif (474x76, 563.77K)

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 17.52K)

SHIT SHIT SHIT.

Fuck me. How did I miss that? I'm embarrassed, my bad.

It's okay user, everyone would get excited after reading "San Fagcisco engulfed in flames".

That, and I was very busy making other OPs at the same time.

LOL

Article also says PG&E had two days to do the locate and history shows they falsify those records. I even question if PG&E has proper records of where their buried infrastructure resides.

ACTUAL NEWS

Yes let's sell our power company to a foreign power!! Woot woot

Psyop by cia nigger jew company to get a monopoly on this industry. Want to play when will these niggers kill a celebrity to distract golems? I'll call it just wait. Let.me load . This. Info. It will be next Wednesday. A celebrity will die to generate consent

Attached: PG&E.jpg (1000x750, 175.94K)

Stock prices as volatile as their utilities.

Attached: PG&E2.png (800x631, 670.18K)

Why does this whole thing look like a smear campaign? Shouldnt we be cheering on the company thats burning cali, even if its unintentional?
Go PG&E GO

Thats how you KNOW we don't really have a free market system anymore. Its so damn controlled its laughable. It really is.

Back in the day, one of these kinds of incidents could RUIN a company. Because people back in the day would say "oh hell no, we are not investing in something that causes fires or damages property." Now days? The more death and harm, the more the Fed have their crony minions to buy up their stocks. Its sick.

Hey guys, let's make a campfire out of this. Anyone got a bunch of faggots that we can burn?

I just noticed the only way to get people to respond is if you repeat whatever the news is saying or shit threads you've seen 1000 times on 4chins.

Poor robots