Idaho woman thought she was breaking up dog fight, grabs mountain lion instead

A woman in Idaho was trying to break up a fight between her dog and another canine outside of her home, but as she pried apart the two animals, the woman quickly realized she was holding onto a mountain lion.

According to the Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG), the woman believed she was breaking up a dog fight when she yanked a 35-pound juvenile, male mountain lion off her pooch late last week.

The IDFG said Monday the unidentified woman managed to restrain both her dog and the mountain lion while she yelled for her husband, who was inside their home at the time of the attack, telling him to grab a gun.The man quickly responded and shot the wild animal as his wife held on to it.

“The couple immediately called the local authorities, and a Fish and Game officer arrived within 30 minutes of the incident,” IDFG said in a statement. “The responding officer retrieved the mountain lion carcass for testing at the Wildlife Health and Forensic Laboratory to determine if disease may have played a part in the lion’s behaviour.”

Both the dog and the woman sustained some scratches during the incident, but the injuries are not serious in nature.

The agency noted it was the third incident in January of a mountain lion attacking a dog. The other incidents resulted in the dog dying from the attack.

The incident in Idaho comes the same week a man jogging on a trail in Colorado was attacked by a juvenile mountain lion. The lion attacked the runner from behind, biting the man in the face and wrist.

globalnews.ca/news/4933985/woman-breaking-up-dog-fight-grabs-mountain-lion/

Attached: f23774e4bb8eca78dbce3551a7fb6b3d--big-cats-cat-art.jpg (236x237, 17.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yeaztQK9If0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

LOL, natural selection

another beautiful creature of nature killed by man the destryer

I once woke up in the morning while camping and thought I was tying my boot laces but it was a rattlesnake I tied around my ankle.

Go feed yourself to a lion you submissive little bitch.

I love cats, but the fucker had it coming.

Very sad that a juvenile animal had to die but at least the dog is fine. C'est la vie

Idaho women are badass.
Probably swung it around her head five times and threw it off a cliff too.

Cougar kills younger cougar.

Cougar protects territory from invading cougar

Got to admit, that is pretty ballsy. If it were me I would run for the gun rather than try to take it on unarmed.

Attached: Lion opens door.gif (480x270, 2.22M)

These things happen user. Once I thought I put on my boot, but was embarrassed to realize I had actually stuck my entire leg up a bear's ass.

I know man, it hurts the soul. Animals > man

fuck yeah. You fucking know it. The rest of the universe will fall to heel

Attached: man.jpg (1227x737, 592.97K)

haha
comfort and smugness turn to panic.
reminds me of a few other videos.
can't remember the animals involved.
one was a racoon that suddenly spazzed out and ran towards the camera.
the other was something harmless looking that jumped up suddenly and the camera span out of control in panic.

youtube.com/watch?v=yeaztQK9If0

bumping real news

Happens.

What, natural selection? Then that's 100% true

ive been able to walk up to some of the local wild raccoons and some of them are nice. i've raised some before and they learned to talk like parrots.

Attached: IMG_0065.JPG (480x479, 58.83K)

Whats with all the mountain lion stories lately?

Mountain lions are not comparable to normal lions

This is why leftists live in big hive cities where they eat lunchables all day

If you've got a good hold on it where it can't hurt you i wouldn't let it go.