'Humanitarian Aid' Turned Out To Be PR Stunt Used To Escalate US War Against Venezuela

So, you might want to sit down for this, but believe it or not it appears that the US government is using the fallout from its “humanitarian aid” performanceto justify further sanctions against the Venezuelan government.

I know, I know. I’m just as shocked as you are.

“This action, taken pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 13692, targets six security officials who control many of the groups that prevented humanitarian aid from entering Venezuela, thereby exacerbating the humanitarian crisis that has left millions of Venezuelans starving and without access to medical care under the Maduro regime,” reads a statement from the US Treasury, if you can imagine such a thing.

“Those who continue to support a dictator that violates human rights and steals from the starving should not be allowed to walk around with impunity,” tweeted US National Security Advisor John Bolton of this latest escalation, to everyone’s breathless astonishment. “The United States will continue to take appropriate action against Maduro and those aligned with him.”

“The United States urges all nations to step up economic pressure on Maduro and his corrupt associates, as well as restrict visas for his inner circle,” US special envoy to Venezuela Elliott Abrams told a room full of stunned, slack-jawed reporters, adding, get this, “Now is the time to act in support of democracy and in response to the needs of the Venezuelan people.”

Today, U.S. imposed sanctions against security officials of the illegitimate Maduro regime associated w/violence & obstruction of international humanitarian aid. U.S. & international community continue to stand w/the people of #Venezuela. #EstamosUnidosVE t.co/q4XurgQLZL

— Department of State (@StateDept) March 1, 2019

Let’s all take a moment to collect ourselves after receiving this shocking, shocking, astonishing news. If you are hyperventilating, I recommend breathing into a paper bag and envisioning yourself strolling on a tropical beach arm in arm with a Berlin-era David Bowie.

As it turns out (and who could have predicted this?), all that posturing by the United States government about “humanitarian aid” seems to have been a cynical ploy to further escalate against the Venezuelan government, which has been a longtime CIA target for regime change ever since President Hugo Chávez took office in 1999. It may be time to face the cold, stark possibility that, as hard as it is to fathom, the government of the United States of America is interested in Venezuela not for humanitarian reasons at all, but because it has the single largest proven oil reserves of any nation on the entire planet.

After all, if the US were so keen on getting its $20 million of humanitarian aid to the people of Venezuela, it could simply have given that shipment to one of the many nations that Venezuela is currently accepting aid from like Russia, China, India, Turkey or Cuba to deliver instead of instigating a hostile stand-off on Colombian and Brazilian border towns. Or, rather than demanding that a literally besieged government passively allow large, unexamined shipping containers to be delivered by the government orchestrating that siege into the hands of the Venezuelan faction that is collaborating with it, they could simply have given that shipment to the UN or the Red Cross for delivery. But rather than taking those extremely easy and diplomatically simple measures to deliver its relatively small amount of humanitarian aid to the Venezuelan people, the most difficult and provocative path was deliberately taken instead, with some extremely suspicious activity leading to the delivery being set fire to by anti-Maduro protesters.

zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-02/shocker-humanitarian-aid-stunt-used-escalate-against-venezuela
web.archive.org/web/20190304124140/https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-02/shocker-humanitarian-aid-stunt-used-escalate-against-venezuela

Attached: 'Humanitarian Aid' Turned Out To Be PR Stunt Used To Escalate US War Against Venezuela.jpg (835x1080, 288.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t.co/q4XurgQLZL
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, I am not shocked at this. Not a bit.

End all foreign aid today.

Unfortunately our politicians care more about what goes on in OTHER countries, than their own country. They could care less if Americans are starving or jobless, they just care those other third world countries remain loyal vassal states to our government.

Yeah. Charity begins at home.

The way I look at it, the US should only pay for some tribal warlords AK47 to be gold plated once everyone at home in the US already has a gold plated AK47.

It is said that the rogue mercenaries commonly known in colombia as "paramilitaries" are behind the agitations in order to make the government attain more help from the USA (money) so their political sentries can funnel a great deal of said help into the drug industry.

I would say that as well if I was the venezuelan government.

Its an awkward position to be in. Where your people are literally starving to death. You have millions of dollars of aid on your border but you cant let it in because you know that would ruin what little reputation you have left.

That's pretty obvious

keep in mind that (((sanctions))) are the modern word for 'siege'. Cut off supply routes until your enemy is weakened, then he can either surrender or be attacked while weakened.
Someone nuke washington dc, new york and israel.

AIDS on the brain again?

The reason venezuela are without supplies is because the (((US))) has put them under siege for years. Who would be so stupid as to accept a trojan horse from the cunts that had caused the problem in the first place.

That's grammatically correct.

I guess we can just ignore how badly the Venezuela govt. has fucked up their own industries or how they are in large debt to China and Russia.

If Venezuela was as great as you imagine, they would be able to put trade sanctions on the US and reduce them to eating shoe leather.

Don't worry, China and Russia will come to their aid, and they'll be trading outside the USD in no time.

Well, lets be honest… the US has enjoyed the US petrodollar global reserve status. Without it, we would have a hyper-inflated currency just like Venezuela!

Sounds like Venezuela missed a trick by not attaining global petrodollar reserve status themselves.
Instead they joined the OPEC price fixing cartel and then their economy gets to be decided by mad superstitious arabs in dresses.

true news

Have to keep the troops trained, a war against commies from time to time will do just that. Just make the country a colony already.

Why do you burgerkikes always want to offer other countries to the jews? is it not enough that you sold your own kind, culture and future to them? must you force everyone else to follow through on such an aberrant path?

Imagine if the US empire lasted 1400 years.

Imagine how great the world would be if America STOPPED playing Empire and starting to correct its mistakes and began being a bastion promoting real prosperity and freedom again?

I think the world would be a lot better place.

Instead of our government trying to out-match China's tyranny, we should be rejecting that kind of tyranny in the first place.

This is merely an ideological point. Do you sincerely believe any nation state has a choice but to try and become and empire, and thereafter to conquer the entire earth, so that someone else does not manage to do so first?

-d

Has it crossed your mind that we all know the CIA is in Venezuela, but Maduro is such shit that the CIA regime change would be preferable?

Mind you, I don't care for its so-called values. But in more sober moments, when discussing strategy or ethics, I might grant that a multi-ethnic empire is acceptable in a way a multi-cultural political entity is not. Still, the Zig Forumsack in me thinks politics are a transgression against nature, and civilizations should only take up as much space as their reproductive strategy can fill.

This might be hard to process krillcen, but a Brazilian takeover of Venezuela would be extremely beneficial to the United States citizenry by strengthening economic activity in South America/fucking over the Saudis.

tldr;
Venezuela is so shit that a few pallets of food aid turned it into Africa

Then let them do it. Not on our taxpayer dime though, its ridiculous how much we spend intervening in all these foreign affairs. We got more pressing issues, like our own fucking borders being invaded!

I'm told Venezuelans have bad BO. But how can this be when they're starving since the body has adequate time to digest its food and clean itself from within?

Taking over and stabilizing Venezuelan economy would actually be a large step towards securing US borders. Most migrants are here for economic reasons (even if criminally related). Venezuela is an oil-rich nation with lots of agriculture-friendly land, and would secure that section of water for the Navy. Surely you can put two and two together.

bump

real news

Looks like I'm going to have to bump these news threads.

Have no choice. Someone wants to slide them.

h ewh

sagdasdgasdgsaf dg

f hfhhf fhh f hf sdyr r r

So, you might want to sit down for this, but believe it or not it appears that the US government is using the fallout from its “humanitarian aid” performanceto justify further sanctions against the Venezuelan government.

I know, I know. I’m just as shocked as you are.

“This action, taken pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 13692, targets six security officials who control many of the groups that prevented humanitarian aid from entering Venezuela, thereby exacerbating the humanitarian crisis that has left millions of Venezuelans starving and without access to medical care under the Maduro regime,” reads a statement from the US Treasury, if you can imagine such a thing.

“Those who continue to support a dictator that violates human rights and steals from the starving should not be allowed to walk around with impunity,” tweeted US National Security Advisor John Bolton of this latest escalation, to everyone’s breathless astonishment. “The United States will continue to take appropriate action against Maduro and those aligned with him.”

“The United States urges all nations to step up economic pressure on Maduro and his corrupt associates, as well as restrict visas for his inner circle,” US special envoy to Venezuela Elliott Abrams told a room full of stunned, slack-jawed reporters, adding, get this, “Now is the time to act in support of democracy and in response to the needs of the Venezuelan people.”

Today, U.S. imposed sanctions against security officials of the illegitimate Maduro regime associated w/violence & obstruction of international humanitarian aid. U.S. & international community continue to stand w/the people of #Venezuela. #EstamosUnidosVE t.co/q4XurgQLZL

— Department of State (@StateDept) March 1, 2019

real news

bump