Alternatives To Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, And Other State-run Tech Platforms

Lately, I’ve written a lot about the alternative media purge and how Big Tech social media platforms are attempting to control the narrative, the elections, and public perception through censorship and financial blacklisting. Lots of people are ready to leave websites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for less-censored pastures. But what are the social media alternatives that are currently available?

Before we get into the alternatives, please understand that all of them will start small. None of them will be able to take on Big Tech without a lot of help and support. We’ve gotten used to free social media because the companies with whom we’ve dealt have virtually raped us, reading our so-called “private” messages, and pillaging our date to sell to the highest bidders. So really, it isn’t that free after all.

You probably won’t find your parents, your best friend from kindergarten, and your Aunt Suzie on these platforms – not yet, anyway. But what you WILL be able to do is speak without fear of censorship. You’ll be able to find your favorite alternative media sources there and find answers that simply aren’t supported by the mainstream.

The only way to change this dystopian atmosphere is to actually make changes ourselves. Go where the freedom is!

archive.fo/1QTB6
zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-23/new-social-media-alternatives-facebook-youtube-twitter-and-other-big-tech-platforms

MeWe

MeWe calls themselves The Next-Gen Social Network. They raised $4.8 million and launched back in 2016 to take on Facebook and Twitter. They’re about 6 million members strong so far and Mark Weinstein, the founder, plans for it to be 500 million by 2022.

“In the future, MeWe will also revolutionize social media with decentralization, which will render Facebook’s spying and tracking data model completely obsolete,” Weinstein added, a comment that suggests he is indeed trying to replace Facebook. “Awareness around the world has never been higher regarding news feed manipulation and privacy infractions. Government regulations will never truly interfere with Facebook’s data collection model, evidenced in both California’s new 2020 privacy rules and Europe’s GDPR. But the free market can — and MeWe is here giving people great communication technology in a true multi-feature platform, with none of Facebook’s BS.”

Gab.ai

Gab.ai is a platform that is similar to Twitter. You have 300 characters with which to make your point. It has been called the Alt-Right’s social media alternative and although Gab itself doesn’t censor its users, Microsoft has threatened to take them down due to “hate speech.” A lot of folks who got banned, shadowbanned, or censored by Twitter are there.

Gab founder Andrew Torba feels that they aren’t being portrayed honestly in the media.

We survived a relentless and coordinated smear campaign by the dishonest mainstream media without any outside funding from advertisers or venture capitalists. Our community will continue to thrive and grow thanks to individuals from around the world who believe in putting people and free speech above politically correct corporate agendas.

Gab has always and will always be powered by you, The People. Gab is not just a social network, it’s a social movement.

Attached: Alternatives To Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, And Other State-run Tech Platforms.png (781x559, 83.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/1QTB6
zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-23/new-social-media-alternatives-facebook-youtube-twitter-and-other-big-tech-platforms
archive.fo/53IjY
web.archive.org/web/20181219024824/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/20.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabbai
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Real.Video (Brighteon)

Real.Video was started by Mike Adams of Natural News in response to mass deplatforming on YouTube.

This is the YouTube alternative to give voices and free speech to those who are being systematically targeted and censored by YouTube, Facebook, Google, and Twitter for essentially being a pro-Liberty person, standing up for America, standing up for the Bill of Rights or just basic human rights for that matter.

Adams would know about censorship firsthand, since last year, Google delisted his site, Natural News, from its search engine results.

Mastodon

Another budding network is Mastodon, which has the tagline “Giving social media back to you.” It’s a free, open-source network, which means that developers can contribute to it because its design is publicly accessible.

Ultimately Mastodon is a decentralized alternative to all the commercial social network platforms, which means that no single company owns it or can monopolize your communication. (source)

I found it confusing to use (maybe you need to be more techy?) and was put off by the fact that I needed to log in via Twitter. Perhaps this is just so you can connect with the same people. It’s always worthwhile to look at your options. Mastodon was started by Eugen Rochko, who was fed up with the changes that Twitter was making that closely resembled the Facebook algorithms.

Last year, after Twitter began moving away from a purely chronological feed, Rochko began building the back end for what would become Mastodon. Instead of building a unified service, Rochko envisioned something more like email, or RSS: a distributed system that lets you send public messages to anyone who follows you on the service. Anyone can create a server and host their own instance of Mastodon, and Mastodon works in the background to connect them.

Diaspora

Diaspora is a social network built on three cornerstones: decentralization, freedom, and privacy. To join Diaspora, you have to choose a “pod” which is a group of potentially like-minded people. Each pod is independently hosted which should lessen the likelihood of corporate censorship.

You can follow hashtags that interest you, and you can categorize people by how you know them (family, friends, work, etc.) Then you can control who sees the different things that you post.

Diaspora is decentralized which means no one person owns it. This means that it doesn’t have any form of advertisement and corporate interference. It also does not collect any of your data. When you create your account, you are responsible for your own data and retain the ownership of your personal data.

Unlike Facebook, Diaspora allows you to use whatever identity you want, so pseudonyms and nicknames are fine to display as your profile.

archive.fo/1QTB6

The best alternative is still decentralized peer-to-peer clients to talk and share media with others. There are no centralized servers to attack or takeover once you run the client, users are in full control of content they share.

Alternatives To State-run Social Media: >>>/prepare/20 | archive.fo/53IjY
web.archive.org/web/20181219024824/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/20.html

Great article!

bump

LEGIT NEWS

bump

Attached: 1551235032048.jpg (310x394, 33.46K)

Bitchute. Where is that on this list?

Eugene Rochko is a Communist cuck who stole the code from GNU Social and slapped a Web 2.0 coat of paint on it complete with analytics spyware. You’re an idiot to suggest Mastodon. Eugene has even said himself he hates free speech and Mastodon wasn’t made for it, only to cut down on the amount of information Twitter gets.

Like the most evil people in history aren’t running the alternative social media like they run the alternative press.

Search “gabbai”.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabbai

So "REAL".

Attached: 63690700800011b326185003c2c666e3f2015a08d672e6be7aad57c89b1f2477.jpg (350x524, 39.28K)

Attached: 4, including the mod.jpg (310x394, 38.62K)

I'm kinda bummed out. earlier today, the mod emailed me and said you never really stopped doing meth. To be quite honest it kind of hurt my feelings because you personally promised me that you had gone to rehab and stopped doing meth a couple months ago.

….and I've always been honest with you….

so YES, I felt slightly betrayed.
I told Wendy and the kids that you had quit
and my whole family has been celebrating
The fact that you and I were in recovery together

Attached: PicsArt_03-14-08.57.59.jpg (1440x2156, 238.88K)

…and I know you don't 'owe me' anything…

but you DID promise

….. So it's okay if you were just making a joke out of my friendship with you…..

Using me as a punchline….

Telling me you quit tweaking, went to rehab
But you were pulling my leg, making me look stupid

That's okay….
If that's all I ever was to you
The butt of a very cruel joke
That's okay…..

Go ahead and laugh

I have a confession… When I got that email today, and I realized that you had lied to me and you were still doing methamphetamine…

It's hard to explain but I got angry at God for a minute, and I told myself I'm never coming back here again, because I felt God had betrayed me

But I guess I must be a sucker, because here I am

Ready to believe the next lie you throw at me

And I know you think I don't believe in God
But that's actually not true
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Jewish faith, but we actually do believe in God

And I have another confession
One of which I am not proud
not proud at all
Today, after receiving that email
Today was the first time I wanted
To just say fuck it and start doing
Methamphetamine again

I kind of considered you to be a 'sponsor' of sorts, and because I thought you had conquered your demons with methamphetamine, you served as an inspiration to me, and now that I realize it was all just a cruel joke, I might as well start tweaking again just like you.

And I know this is going to sound weird

But I actually love you

Not in a gay way
In a godly way

But it's obvious you don't love me

Because you lied to me

You absolutely should. Today was bad, and it’s only gonna get worse. I support you.

Attached: PicsArt_03-15-12.18.23.jpg (350x524, 35.01K)

thankyou. and if Killcen is doing okay on meth, then im sure I will, too

He’s already too far gone, repeats himself all day. But you, you have something to lose. I’d like to see you get started right away.

Attached: PicsArt_03-15-12.24.11.jpg (350x524, 43.12K)

Lol

Attached: PicsArt_03-15-12.28.47.jpg (350x524, 37.06K)

I hate YouTube and Twitter and Facebook

Why the fuck would I want an alternative?
I don't want anything to do with any of that shit

Attached: black_cat_white_whiskers.jpg (749x691, 156.36K)

Goddamn, Sexy is a handsome cat.

Alternatives to your wall being built:

1: lump it
2:

uhhhh…. damn, well it looks like there's only one alternative…

yes

Wendy is madly MADLY in love with Sexy

(but she has been ever since he was smaller than her fist)

Fuck Elmer Fudd

Attached: eba5c2515280fdea30286608d295f80361a4f2bc4b453675ee6474199819b8d1.png (1440x1440, 1.07M)

If he were mine he’d become one of the Cats of Instagram. A big, big star.

It kinda looks like Elmer Fudd might be hitting a JUUL vape in that pic

I've told Wendy that she should try to get him on a cat food ad or a catalog

He’s clearly superior to those domesticated felines. He has that animal magnetism, that special quality what sets him apart.

Notice the flat plane in his hand

that's not his finger

also, it almost looks like his mouth is 'pulling' a hit

Attached: PicsArt_03-15-12.48.41.png (1080x1704, 289.46K)

it wouldn't surprise me if Elmer Fudd had a JUUL

Attached: 20190315_005240.jpg (1280x845, 306.27K)

I'mma make a spinach salad with tons of balsamic

be back soon

He's intimidating looking
I always say he has a 'prehistoric' look

He married a PIG

Pigs are no fun to look at or be seen with, and worse still to fuck. But some of them know what they are and are extremely loyal. That’s something in very short supply today and, dare I say, it is better to sleep next to a pig than a jug of piss.

I bet you wish you could lip sync as good as this guy

when will people use LINE

Attached: FB_IMG_1552592957883.jpg (1024x1024, 39.37K)

What's that? Cocaine?

no mention of the Sola app?

Attached: SOLA app.png (760x400, 169.62K)

such news