New Zealand Shooting Proves Without Doubt Gun Control Laws DO NOT Work

Getting your hands on a firearm in New Zealand is no easy task. Everyone knows this and yet here we are again having the same old knee-jerk discussion about more gun control, following a shooting at two mosques in Christchurch early Friday.

At this writing, the death toll stands at 50, and approximately two dozen people remain hospitalized. Like all acts of terror, ‘tis a sad tale, indeed.

At such times it is a politician’s wont to rush to judgment, to try and 'fix' things and come out of it all looking 'heroic'. Customarily these efforts result in making the situation worse.

But here’s the rub: New Zealand already has quite a strict gun control policy as it is. Owning a firearm in the land of the Kiwi is not a right but rather a privilege bestowed upon those who are willing to run the gauntlet of gun laws. And they are many. Everyone must be licensed and background checked. They must all take a safety class – it is a long and arduous process to legally own a firearm. If you can think up a gun control law, New Zealand likely already has it on the books.

Guess what all these firearm restrictions did to stop Friday’s tragedy? How about nothing. If you look at the facts of the case (and they are difficult to ascertain amid all the vitriol), one could even make the case that New Zealand’s totalitarian gun laws made the situation worse. How so? If you dig into what really happened, you will notice that a heroic bystander wrestled the weapon from the shooter and managed to fire two rounds as the attacker attempted to flee the scene.

Ah yes – the old good guy with a gun scenario that gun control advocates love to ignore time and again.

Last year the worst car crash in 13 years occurred in New Zealand. The next morning the airwaves in South Taranaki were not filled with people calling for a ban on vehicles. Why? Because a vehicle isn’t a weapon unless someone uses it in that manner. Such is the case with a firearm. But don’t tell the politicians that. They will have no reason to grandstand.

There is one bit of good news for those who believe in the right to bear arms – approximately 1.2 million people in New Zealand own a gun. That’s about one firearm for every four people. Let’s hope these gun-owners will not be led to the slaughter like their four-hoofed friends; let’s hope they resist all efforts of the do-gooder class to take away their firearms.

archive.fo/l1Xsj
zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-16/college-education-has-little-do-education

Attached: New Zealand Shooting Proves Without Doubt Gun Control Laws DO NOT Work.png (800x600, 406.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

d.tube/?fbclid=IwAR1rQ3ojagdPFF5tKLZR_W3PotgaZTiTksHzgjsGhdFXA3Mp-Ez5aia2Zak#!/v/highimpactflix/l3p2l643?fbclid=IwAR1rQ3ojagdPFF5tKLZR_W3PotgaZTiTksHzgjsGhdFXA3Mp-Ez5aia2Zak
afr.com/news/world/oceania/nz-gun-ownership-is-among-highest-in-the-world-20190316-p514tl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's because the laws didn't go far enough. You need full background checks. Did NZ have those? There should also be psyche tests and checks of your online history and social media. If you have a criminal background, or mental problems, or love to post on KKK sites about how you'd love to murder non-whites, sorry, no gun. Simple.

I hope this is bait. But enforcing what you just said would require the an END to internet anonymity and erecting a HUGE police state. So if thats not bait, you are another knee-jerker supporting more tyranny.

Social media background checks won't work well. you'd need to end access to VPN, Tor, I2P and many other various online anonymity. And that is next to impossible. The genie is out of the bottle and it ain't going back. Another problem is some people choose not to use social media! So what happens when someone has no online record of social media? Would they be denied over it? It is absolutely crazy leftists bash "fascists" because they are pro-totalitarianism and yet these leftists support policies that are totalitarian in nature.

I fully agree with your comment on the ineffectiveness of gun control laws. I think it goes further than that though.

If you disarm your citizens, what is to stop government tyranny? Nothing. They have a free pass to enforce any law. What is anyone going to do about it? Cry & protest.

Gun laws in NZ are actually pretty lax.

I have friends who live there, it's not hard to get a gun hence why they have updated the laws so swiftly after this mass shooting.

Not sure where you got your figures from but NZ only has 250,000 gun license holders.

It does, however, have around 1.5m firearms.

So instead of 1 in 4, it's more like 1 in 20 or 5% of the total population.

Our hero fired his lawyer and going to represent himself in court 😂👍

I wouldn't call a shallow man who kills random innocent Muslims "a hero", if he wanted to be my hero he would have targeted corrupt politicians who support this treasonous open border deliberate destabilization policy. These crooked bureaucrats are the real enemies from within, not some random goat fuckers from the Mid East.

bumping real news

but it disarmed the potential victims, as intended

No, they really are not. You have to jump through huge legal loopholes to have - and maintain - them. Licenses, background checks, must take a training class, storage safety is enforced. Not to mention you must give the police 'sufficient' reasons why you intend to own one and that DOES NOT include reasons like self-defense (which is already prohibited in their police state).

NZ is now completely fucked if more laws go into place as even less that ever will be able to keep and maintain a gun (and I know how that makes a lot of spooks here happy knowing that).

If your post is correct then those laws are very similar to the UK's laws. It's hard to imagine them being stricter except by outright banning civilian firearm ownership.

t. goathumper

Police do a back ground check. You have to attend training and pass a test. Then you need to have a close relative /friend give you a reference and someone with a gun licence. Those people are interviewed at length. You have to have a lockable safe which is checked to make sure it meets standards.
If everything checks out you get a license. I think the cost is around $150

Great idea! Then we should confiscate every registered and unregistered gun in the world, install DNA scanners in the grip hard-wired so that only their legal owners can use them, and give the registered ones all back. Also the casing of the guns would be made of seamless pure diamond so they can't be modified by an amateur in a garage, and they would have tracking devices broadcasting a signal every ten seconds to confirm their DNA locks are working, and receive a signal to be locked remotely if all else fails. It wouldn't be difficult, it's just common sense!

Its easy to get a gun in NZ. "gun laws" =/= simple background checks.

If guns were only allowed to be owned by hunters and sport shooters who have participated regularly in a shooting club for 18-24 months, i'd call it "gun laws"

Goyim all need explosive collars around their necks and always-on bodycams that stream to Mossad HQ. That's the only way to be sure.

Attached: 5cb1658fc9db3ba118c6aa6e4ec16b485276b8974a4706ae08453fc6787ffde8.gif (480x690, 441.97K)

d.tube/?fbclid=IwAR1rQ3ojagdPFF5tKLZR_W3PotgaZTiTksHzgjsGhdFXA3Mp-Ez5aia2Zak#!/v/highimpactflix/l3p2l643?fbclid=IwAR1rQ3ojagdPFF5tKLZR_W3PotgaZTiTksHzgjsGhdFXA3Mp-Ez5aia2Zak full video of shooting

Hey, I have a question. I live in America and I don’t watch the news because honestly I could care less about what happens anywhere that isn’t my backyard. Any way, I just recently heard about this mosque shooting in New Zealand and that it was libe streamed. Being the curious and vulgar person that I am I would absolutely love to watch said video however apparently censorship is in full swing as I cannot locate any website willing to host this video just a host of websites claiming how “disturbing” the video is. Quite honestly the only disturbing thing is that this video is being hidden… Does anybody have a link to or know a website which I can view this video I would really appreciate it.

Nice try FBI. Look on Zig Forums

Nevermind, I just saw the link right above where I posted! Thank you to whomever you are that posted that, best video ever! Nobody pulled over to help the entire time, because they all hate Muslims too! Ah haha Hail Satan motherfuckers 🤘🏼

Also, I’d like to saybthat the shooter used two different shotguns also so is NZ going to ban shotguns too? Of course fucking not they’re pandering to leftist cowards… Next they’re going to be like “Ooh look, NZ set the example for what America should do.” Fuck off‼️ Killing is a fundamental right bestowed by mother nature. Existence is pain.

Thank you Zig Forums and Dtube for being the only free places left that I could find on the internet. Also, fuck your Gov and fuck my Gov too. And to the poster that thought that was the FBI LoL I thought that somebody would think that but I just wanted to see the video and Google is pussy-parenting me to death and I got fed up! Luckily I found this site through infowars.com and somebody was nice enough to post the link before I even had to ask! Hoorah! I heard they arresting ppl in NZ for having the video downloaded, makes me want to fly to NZ with a laptop harddrive filled with nothing but copies of this fucking video!!! I wouldbdie for peanut butter if my shit excuse of a government told me they were gonna make it illegal! I’m not gonna tell you lies, for my freedom I WILL TERRORIZE!!!!!!

Cars are responsible for more deaths every year in the USA than guns by far. Banning cars does not fit the right wing corporate agenda of profiting from fossil fuels. The left talks a lot of shit about environmental protection, but they are not willing to be inconvenienced by walking or public transportation. Banning guns fits into the totalitarian goals of both the left and right wings. The left wants a neutered American male that cannot protect his property so that the nanny state can perpetuate itself through theft (taxation) and the right wing (nazis) want corporations to be in charge instead of the state. Fuck them both.

No. There were about 30 thousand plus auto deaths. 40 thousand gun deaths.
Also, the purpose of cars is to transport you, so deaths are by accident.
The purpose of guns is to kill, so they're working as designed.
Ban guns. They are degenerate.

I guess that we will have to ban you as well (degenerate MORON)!

Guns are tools that have multiple legitimate uses. Many people depend on them daily.

You give a car its purpose, same as you give a gun its purpose. If your intention is to drive to work, then that is the cars purpose. If your intention is to use Quranic justification to mow down defenceless Germans at a Christmas market, then that is your cars purpose.
The gun is no better or worse than the person using it. If a guns sole purpose is to kill, why aren't more kiwis shooting people?

Huh, getting a gun in NZ is relatively easy compared to most Western countries. They have a high gun ownership rate. Dumbass. If he didnt have access to a gun then he couldn't have killed all of those people with a gun.

p.s. pro gun here but you are a fuckin idiot

"NZ gun ownership is among highest in the world"

afr.com/news/world/oceania/nz-gun-ownership-is-among-highest-in-the-world-20190316-p514tl

This post is total bullshit. Nearly every statement is a load of shit. It's a piece of piss to get a firearm in nz and you're allowed to own semi-autos on a class A license(1 of the lowest classes of license) and it's a one day course, it's not a long and arduous process at all. Second, the guy who got the gun off the shooter didn't wrestle it off him he picked it up off the ground. Thirdly, he didn't fire a shot becoz the gun was empty, that's why the shooter dropped it. Fourthly, he scared the shooter off by throwing a handheld ATM machine at him then he picked up the gun and threw it through the car window. Australia has much stricter gun laws than NZ and we haven't had a mass shooting since the Port Arthur massacre so yes stricter gun laws do fucking work. Do your fucking research properly next time you propaganda pushing fuckwit.

how about we imprison everyone, subject them to checks and slowly start releasing the good ones into a perfect society?

you really should research bryant and port arthur, (if that's still possible in your country)

well, guys, some people died. their ded. so, we got to fix things. and even if they were already fixed we have to pretend to fix them. Because people are scared. and scared people get mad and flip over cars and kill politicians and I hate that. I hate that guys you know I hate that. So, no touring for two months and no public appearances. write so me some songs, not about people dying or getting shot. not ded people. but happy songs. Okay?

Attached: weilll.jpg (460x276, 16.54K)

Has anyone counted them on the vids? 50+50 seems too many.
There look to be a maximum of around two dozen in the first place, and it was listed on the first day that there were only 8 done at the second place.

Source please, your claims are dubious.
The only reasonable comparison is gun homicides per year, which for 1999-2016 averages merely 11,843 per year. Even if you include suicide and accidental deaths you only amount to 31,808 which is FAR less than the car deaths per year of 2017 which is 37,133.

Attached: Car deaths per year.png (669x3571, 293.34K)

Attached: gun deaths per year.png (838x12901, 2.77M)