Should Convicted Felons Lose the Right to Vote?

A fundamental right of United States citizenship is having your voice heard by voting to elect representatives. However, at least six million U.S. citizens cannot vote in the U.S. because they have been convicted of a felony.

In some states, when a person is convicted they are barred from voting until they successfully complete prison, probation, or parole. But in 12 states, people convicted of felonies are barred from voting for life.

Americans who have been convicted and stripped of their right to vote often feel that they can't see themselves as citizens who are giving back to the community if they are denied participation in the political process.

psmag.com/social-justice/should-felons-lose-their-right-tov

Other urls found in this thread:

kqed.org/lowdown/11897/map-felon-voter-disenfranchisement-by-the-numbers
markwiering.nl
youtu.be/PUKMUZ4tlJg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah. That means the public lobbies for laws to make people into felons, and in turn the felons cannot vote against laws being made to further ruin the felons life. Our system is just a democratic, voting based version of the Holocaust.

This is why we have the right to bear arms, so when people violate our first amendment rights to express life, we can blow their brains out.

No.
What you could do if that was the case is push weird laws that would make any inconvenient voter a felon.
That said, illegal immigrants don't have the right to vote, obviously.

Question #1: Are they still citizens of the USA?
If they are, then they should have every right afforded to a citizen of the USA in the bill of rights and the constitution. If they are not citizens, then go ahead and strip their rights from them.

lol @ you not realizing (until last night) that Obama had changed the laws, and many states now allowing convicted felons to vote.

how did it feel to get schooled?

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-12.19.11.jpg (800x533, 76.38K)

Illegal immigrants are not covered under the same rights. They cannot be felons because they are not citizens and if they are registered as felons then they become covered under citizens rights. It's not right to make immigrants felons. They should be covered under humans rights and get deported.

FACT: although most states now allowing convicted felons to vote, most uninformed fools are oblivious to the fact that only a dumbass would waste their time voting.

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-12.10.27.jpg (1500x1122, 129.33K)

the funniest part:

how last night, you were so convinced that you knew the statutes on voting, but then when I told you that felons CAN vote, you actually googled it, and had your ass handed to you.

Citizenship by felony. Sure they can't vote but they still became citizens. Then they have children and brainwash the children into voting for foreign causes.

correction:
while that is indeed hilarious, what's even funnier is how he's so butthurt about being schooled, that he created a thread about it.

I think you clicked on the wrong post.

You know almost as much about voting laws as you do about smashing servers with hammers.

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-11.30.45.jpg (1240x916, 156.64K)

The felony conviction was made to harm American citizens. That's all it can hurt.

Most people are completely unaware that a federal judge overturned the ban on convicted felons voting, and now it is up to each individual state to determine whether or not convicted felons can vote.

Most states now allow convicted felons to vote, as long as they are no longer in prison, and have completed their probation.

There are other rights denied by felony convictions. Let's say somebody made the act of sex with animals into a felony, and now all those american citizens who have sex with animals (which harm's nobody) are not allowed to have decent jobs or own guns to protect themselves from foreigners who came from countries who believe in killing people for having sex with animals.
This is contrary to America and only gives dangerous foreigners the convenience of destroying american lives.

Here's how this thread began:

Last night somebody thought they were smart, and they inserted their foot firmly into their mouth.

I had to teach them that felons ARE indeed allowed to vote, on a state-by-state basis, and only if they are no longer incarcerated and have completed their probation.

That person got butthurt, and now suddenly this thread appears, featuring an old story from August 6th of last year.

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-11.45.50.png (1968x1042, 830.79K)

Yes. I'm just saying, voting is not enough right to be right.

That exact same person also put their foot into their mouth claiming 'Hillary Clinton had personally smashed her server to bits with a hammer'….

LOL !!!……. hahaha wow

There was never an accusation about Hillary smashing her server with a hammer.

The actual accusation was that one of Hillary's assistants had smashed two cell phones with a hammer.

But facts never stopped that particular 8channer from pretending like he knows more than other people.

I'm a convicted violent felon, and when I completed my probation, my probation officer informed me that I could now vote again…

I laughed at him, and told him I have absolutely no interest in participating in the voting bullshit.

Hillary used bleachbit on here server, however that doesn't matter. The fact is NSA could recover that data at anytime for the FBI… but the FBI didn't want to prosecute her so they let it slide.

Wow. This thread smells like burnt ass. Y'all need to figure some shit out.

Attached: 1538085776273.gif (125x125, 16K)

SERVER vs TWO CELLPHONES
………………….same thing, right?

HILLARY vs ONE OF HER ASSISTANTS
…………………………..same person, right?

While I agree with your final conclusion, and I hate Hillary Clinton with a passion, I'm a stickler for technical accuracy, and it was not Hillary Clinton who used Bleach bit…

It was a third party, a questionable computer security firm that was hired.

Oh, trust me………..

They've already figured out that they were wrong
They figured out that I was right
They figured out that felons CAN vote

And they figured out that 2 smartphones got smashed with a hammer, not a server, and not by Hillary Clinton

Nothing has changed for felon voting rights in the last 2 years.

kqed.org/lowdown/11897/map-felon-voter-disenfranchisement-by-the-numbers

Just becauae Johnny's state may not disenfranchise him personally does not mean felons are not being disenfranchised.
Not counting the fact that it is ridicululous for anyone to vote, thinking that their vote actually means anything whatsoever – do you even know how easy it is to get charged and convicted of a felony in this country? You better hope you don't find out from personal experience. Voting rights will be the least of your problems.
The whole idea of voting is a scam anyway, to make people think they are a part of, and have a say in, how they are governed. That's why folks like Obama wanted felons to share in this whole we're-all-in-this-together koombaya idea of pure bullshit that only non-thinking peoples fall for which is 97% of the total population, and comprises the entire legal voting bloc
So, whine about voter's rights all you want. Meanwhile, I'm stepping off. Not playing tge game anymore. There is nothing anyone can say or do to change my mind. I'm also not alone. Does that scare all you conformists? It should. Your illusory world is about to be shattered. What will you do if enough people stop playing your little illusionary game? Will you vote to put an end to our refusal to play your game? Think about it. Many have, are and will.

Attached: The people don't know their true power.jpg (551x402, 42.43K)

I guess you wouldn't have to vote if you're willing to do the work yourself. I don't know the details behind your conviction but I hope you were honorably defending your rights with violence instead of violently trying to take rights from others.

Funny you say that. It was your ass pain I was referencing. CringyAF/10 thread mate.

mmmhmm…..

I briefly glanced at your post and I was about to respond when I realized I don't even remember what you just said….

Do you know what I do user? I typically do not vote. I simply bet AGAINST the system, by preparing for its collapse. I don't go into debt. I avoid institutions today. I send alarm and smoke signals everywhere I go to warn others not to trust this rigged, corrupted system.

And I prepare my best for when it collapses into the third world shit hole thats being crafted by the establishment today.

Fuck voting, >>>/prepare/1

it was actually a technician at Platte River Networks (PRN) who deleted the emails (which indeed had already been stored by the NSA, and could easily be retrieved by the NSA out of storage)

And there was no server that was smashed.

It was two smartphones, which is pretty hard to confuse with a server, unless you're a douchebag who thinks you know all the answers.

THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS:

The premise behind the 'shell game' is misdirecting the attention of the victim, thinking they can follow multiple moving objects of interest, falsely believing that they are smart enough to understand the premise:

Meanwhile, the grifter is in control. Just like politics… they falsely give citizens the impression that they have a choice, that they are somehow participating, and that their opinions matter.

Meanwhile, there really is no left or right, no Republican or Democrat, and the system continues to methodically steamroll directly over the citizenry, who foolishly think that by voting, their opinions matter, when the electoral college is enough proof that nobody's really counting your votes anyway…..

Only a goddamn idiot would waste their time voting………

I hate Hillary Clinton as much as I hate Donald Trump, and I would never vote for either one of them in a million years.

The electoral college put Trump into office, even though he lost the popular vote.

And as much as I hate Hillary Clinton, it's important to mention that she got more votes then any other presidential candidate who lost due to the electoral college in the history of our country.

THAN*

Goddamn motherfuking speech to text

What the fuck is a speech to text your always yagging on about?

Who gives a flying fuck about laws anymore? The USA is occupied territory, and will soon become a war zone.

They called it 'a wasted vote' when I voted for Ross Perot, fully aware that he wouldn't win.

How could my protest vote, as an American citizen, ever be considered a 'waste'?

Fuck no…..

That was my opportunity to protest the shell game known as the American political system, and to never vote again as long as I live.

It's been a war zone since the day it began

Speech To Text is something you devised by people who aren't tethered to a table or a wall

Ooops….

Did I just say tethered to a wall?

You devised?

UTILIZED*

Goddamn motherfuking speech-to-text

(it's gorgeous outside here today, and I'm out here in the sun with the Cool breeze blowing, and all of the cats are out here playing in the grass, and I'm cleaning their litter boxes, while I am simultaneously shitposting)

Not part of this conversation, but just thought it interesting that everybody knows that smartphones are so filled to the brim with spying technology that no amount of BleachBit or other computerized forms of data-cleansing would ever be fully effective in cleaning data from a smartphone. They are inherently bad from the git. Designed as a spy-tool. No one in their right mind would use one.
posted from my smartphone!
The attached embed is for you, Killcen (and for anyone, really). The Indian man interviewing Richard Stallman, like the vast majority of Indian men, is an asshole, but Stallman deals with his shit too. He makes some good points anyone could learn from.
It denies advertising revenue!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-23-10-12-29.png (1080x2160, 181.9K)

Denying advertising revenue:
You fucking communist

Us Anarchists don't want or need you anyhow, so GTFO!

Attached: 07045f0b0287665741def264d9f0eda6142ed045ced7d62aa6b42629ab5ec45b.jpg (975x567, 62.34K)

Denying your communist anarchy

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-01.03.52.jpg (1499x2094, 422.21K)

I love that song, but I think the Beach boys did the best version

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-01.08.27.jpg (1298x1302, 189.86K)

ta;dr

too anarchistic didn't read

Say, Andy!(sac)

Read between the lines.

It's the Zig Forumsancy mod who got butthurt in that thread.
And the OP is the same Zig Forumsancy mod
I guessed as much them with my preternatural gaydar.

The crybaby control freak anchored one of my threads because it was 2 monts old, but this stands, and it's almost 2 yrs old?

This piece of shit lolcow needs to be removed for abuse of powers.

I'd recognize it's smug, effeminate style anywhere.

It is abslutely envious of you Andy.

I mean, it's the mod!, why should you get all the attention when it controls a board!

I hate pathetic weasels like this.

Here in the attached pix is it's smug know it all post to your polite reply and my post underneath with the Monty lol that i use to show extreme lolcowery

It actually referenced pizzagate!

Attached: Clipboard.jpg (1239x853, 251.02K)

Egg Zack Lee™

I knew it the second I saw the thread

(sac)

Attached: find Mark Wiering 3.png (1024x643, 1.94M)

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-01.16.48.png (1080x1707, 2.63M)

three

But upon closer inspection, I think you'll notice that none of them are the real Mark Wiering

I deny all knowledge of knowing who this poster is. Furthermore, I think he needs to be "fixated" on by Jim, or maybe some alphabet agency types. They seem like "fixated persons". Maybe they should fixate on him. He seems particularly odious and obnoxious – and again, I do not have any idea who he is.
as the cock crows yet again

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-10.27.36.jpg (1920x1440, 337.14K)

If you don't already have tickets for tonight's performance, don't even bother. Standing room only at this point.

And when I'm not standing directly in front of the stage to watch the tribute, you can bet I'll be standing at the bar, ordering my complimentary signature cocktail (or mocktail)

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-01.26.55.jpg (1800x900, 239.02K)

If Jesus plans on going to tonight's tribute, I know he doesn't like alcohol very much, unless he's creating it from water…

So scratch the cock, and order him a signature Mocktail

I was scratching my cock for two days after Wendy gave me some head.

And I hate to split hairs but Jesus Christ I think Wendy needs to start shampooing more often

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-01.30.46.jpg (1280x720, 162.8K)

Attached: 20190323_133615.jpg (1280x630, 550.58K)

I can't believe you wasted $15 on that tribute.

It's nothing like the real thing

The REAL Mark Wiering is not amused.
Can't say the same for myself.

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-10.51.03.jpg (2560x1440, 542.57K)

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-02.01.09.jpg (718x450, 89.14K)

THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS:

maybe

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-02.05.06.png (1080x2160, 1.46M)

I don't see any good reason that a convicted felon shouldn't have their rights restored once they've paid their debt to society - that is, once they've completed their prison sentence and/or parole.

Way back when, you used to be able to confidently assume that a felon was an actual horrible, horrible person. A murderer, a rapist, a robber or a thief; someone either extraordinarily violent, or extraordinarily devious. But nowadays, everything's a felony. A plant that grows out of the ground dude weed lmao is a felony just to possess it. Even in states where it's not, having too much of it still is, and too much has been legally defined to be some oddball, arbitrary amount with no rhyme or reason and just as little justification. And that's just one example. There are a million more.

I learned first-hand just how easily somebody can be arrested without actually having committed a crime.

I realize that 'everybody's innocent' in jail, if you listen to their version of the story, but I'm living proof that you can be arrested without actually breaking the law.

And in most cases like this, you can be convicted without having broken the law as well. I was fortunate enough to avoid a conviction this last time, but there are hundreds of thousands of people in American prisons who actually didn't commit the crime they were convicted of, or at the very least, there were mitigating factors involved that should have changed the outcome, but in America the plea bargaining system is used 98% of the time, and they never allow those mitigating factors to come up.

I used to know a GBI field agent rather well, and while he and I used to take ecstasy and smoke weed at night clubs, he told me all kinds of stories about his job, and how law enforcement views criminals.

Barry told me that as far as they are concerned, EVERYBODY is a criminal at one time or another, that everybody breaks the law here and there, and it's really just a matter of whether or not they feel like hassling you in the event that they happen to catch you committing the crime.

Barry told me the 'qualities that make a good cop are the exact same qualities that make a good criminal'

Where the fuck is Mark Wiering?

Should convicted felons lose the right to vote?

Everybody should

It's almost like the REAL Mark Wiering was only here for a few days, for a specific purpose! I wonder what that purpose could be?
Inquiring minds would like to know.
Maybe we should look him up just to make sure he's ok. Anyone still got his email and website info?

Attached: a737ae158f2144f4be2fe5cb9dbbb23b21163ea87ac26c173daa8875990e7d71.jpg (1280x720, 207.06K)

Attached: find Mark Wiering 3a.jpg (1024x643, 420.33K)

Well, I saved this screenshot, if that helps. Maybe his email addresses will be on his website. The whole site looks like a dummy set-up to me, but what do I know?!

Attached: Capture _2019-03-17-08-05-56.png (1426x1338, 378.56K)

OOps
guesses wrong

That darn Mark Wiering looks like every man

Attached: oops.jpg (1024x643, 421.68K)

Attached: find Mark Wiering (2).png (1024x727, 2.34M)

Attached: find Mark Wiering.png (1024x625, 1.93M)

Bad news guys. I was just visited by two FBI agents who strongly advised me to remove my presence from Zig Forums and that I could become subject to a thorough investigation if I continued to mention the name Mark Wiering (REAL or otherwise) in any setting whatsoever ever again; so, sorry. I can't talk about the REAL Mark Wiering anymore.

fuck off Andy
I still don't like you

Attached: prep andy.gif (245x179, 74.94K)

Posting that on a personal website you own is like begging the Feds to pay you a visit. Use a VPN, maybe route through Tor too, and snatch the video from the dark web and seed it via torrent (without the trackers). At least then you have a probability of not being caught. I've seen some even sharing it on P2P clients, and they're still up.

>not realizing (((who))) the REAL Mark Wiering actually is

Not him, but I don't recall him trying to be liked by anybody – EVER.

MARK WIERING CONSOLATION PRIZE:

the administrators of fix8chan regret to inform you
that Mark Wiering will sadly not be appearing today

As a consolation prize, we are going to the presenting the two fascinating real life stories about the time Johnny Neptune was quite literally stalked by Ian McCulloch and Marvin Young

(who as it turns out, were both fixated persons)

coming soon to a thread near you

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-03.33.28.jpg (1280x800, 128.56K)

Nonsense. The next thing you know, you'll be making the absurd claim that I 'don't fit in here'

No. I am of the opinion that Mark Wiering is just another idiotic gamer type. They're a dime a dozen around here.
The facts speak for themselves:
markwiering.nl

Attached: mark.jpg (363x429, 42.2K)

Blasphemark

I don't think you're aware how much things cost these days. Maybe back when you were a whippersnapper, it would have cost 10¢ but these days it's $9.45 for 12 of them, and none of them are the real Mark Wiering. They're just cheap made in Taiwan knock-offs

Killcen and Mark Wiering are obviously the same person. His YouTube channel was recently removed by YouTube, but I found this video on his website. I think it proves conclusively that Killcen and Mark Wiering are both REAL and are the same person.
youtu.be/PUKMUZ4tlJg

Attached: 200905mark_schoolfoto.jpg (754x1131, 138.8K)

Oops!
Goddammit!
WRONG Embed!

DISCLAIMER:

both the Ian McCulloch fixated person story and the Marvin Young fixated person story took place over the course of time at Atlanta's notorious former night time hotspot CLUB RIO.

Club Rio is the same night club where Rob Lowe met the mother and daughter, and took them across the street to the Omni international hotel, where he made a porn video fucking both of them.

GOD DAMN IT
WRONG PIC

Attached: Atlanta_201105_076-09__900W.jpeg (500x667, 56.3K)

Was Killcen the baby?

The story begins almost 30 years ago in Atlanta Georgia notorious nightclub Club Rio, where my buddy Michael Jacobson (a hilarious Jewish guy who went by the moniker 'Cap'n America') and I would go party all the time.

Club Rio attracted all the celebrities that would come into Atlanta.

That's the whole point.
It's a statement of freedom.

I am saying that I am not a terrorist, nor do I ever plan on becoming one.
And I have the right to post and view this(even though I only watched a little of it, turned my head aWAY IN REPUGNANCE).

It's this type of censorship that actually creates extremism

he was the daddy

of a lil bloody poop baby turd

Attached: prep killcen.gif (245x179, 12.15K)

(since I already just accidentally posted the Young MC video 'bust the move', I'm going to post the Stereo MC's 'connected' video)

Marvin Young went by the name Young MC, and his song 'bust a move' was at the top of the charts when he bumped into me & Cap'n America one night at Club Rio.

For some reason he seemed fascinated with us, and we couldn't understand what his problem was. At that particular time, he was famous as hell, but he had a strange shy person, like an insecure 12 year old or something…

For some goddamn reason, he seemed to think Cap'n America and I were celebrities or something, and he wouldn't leave us alone. We kept trying to get rid of him, ditching him as we disappeared into the crowd, but he kept following us.

He didn't really have a lot to say, but actually seemed to just be fascinated with us, standing there looking at us, like we were some kind of mystic sages or something.

We finally ditched him that night, and when we came back the next weekend, there he was again!

And he did the exact same thing all over again, following us around wherever we went like he wanted to be included in whatever the fuck we were doing.

I think it was the following night, a Saturday night when Cap'n America finally just told Young MC "dude. Leave us the fuck alone"

And while I couldn't help but laugh (Cap'n could be THE rudest motherfucker you've ever met) I've got to admit that I actually felt pretty bad for Young MC, because it was like somebody let the air out of his balloon, and you could actually see his disappointment, and he slumped to shoulders, turned around and walked off like a puppy who had just been kicked.

reported

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-04.20.32.jpg (361x419, 50.52K)

My view is once they pay their debt to society as the meme goes they should have all their rights restored ie voting and such not that it means anything since Jews select who "wins" anyway.

You can take the Young MC story, and basically repeat it verbatim, simply inserting the name Ian McCulloch in the place of Young MC.

Of course Ian McCulloch was the lead singer of echo & the bunnymen

Ian McCulloch seemed fascinated with me and Cap'n America… I'll admit that Cap'n and I looked pretty fucking cool, and even from across a crowded nightclub, you could still tell that we were comfortable with ourselves and having a goddamn blast.

Also it's worth mentioning that Cap'n and I got shitloads of pussy, so much pussy that we would actually go out of our way to avoid chicks sometimes, occasionally just wanting to 'hang out' by ourselves, just the 'two dudes', without having to deal with the complications of girls on our arms at that moment.

Sometimes we just wanted a 'guys night out', where we could party and laugh and say mean awful things and flirt with whatever girls we wanted, free of the cumbersome ball and chain of having to cater to any particular woman's needs or presence at that moment…

Sometimes we just wanted to hit the town, and raise hell…

For some reason, Ian McCulloch seemed to focus on us, and just like Young MC, with no explanation and without actually even introducing himself formally, suddenly in the color was following us around everywhere we went, no matter how many times we tried to ditch him.

And very much like Young MC, the Ian McCulloch situation lasted much longer than just one night.

In fact, Ian McCulloch kept following me around for a long time, and he would do it at different nightclubs. He would walk up and say "hey Johnny" like we were good friends or something, and I never gave him any indication that I liked him or wanted him following me around.

We stopped talking about that subject a long time ago.

Please stay on topic, or I'm going to have to ask you to leave

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-23-10-12-29.png (1080x2160, 181.9K)

Attached: PicsArt_03-23-04.31.44.jpg (477x750, 97.5K)

If nobody else is going to say it, then I will.
Thank you sir, for although Mark Wiering may not have appeared today, your consolation prize made up for our collective disappointment.

BONUS SURPRISE !!!

Now for one of my favorite bands, and one of my favorite songs:

COMIN' ON STRONG by THE SHAMEN

And yes, that's Jason Statham dancing in the video

enjoy

(If you're not already familiar The Shamen, you'd be doing yourself a favor to check out their music)

You, sir, are no Mark Wiering.