Why Felons Struggle to Successfully Reintegrate into Society

Every week, more than 10,000 prisoners are released from America’s state and federal prisons, equating to more than 650,000 ex-prisoners annually reintegrating into society, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. However, recidivism rates are extremely high with approximately two-thirds of ex-prisoners being rearrested within three years of release, according to the Recidivism Center. It’s estimated that nine million offenders return to prison annually.

Most ex-prisoners will return to the same communities they lived and socialized in before their arrest. In many cases, these are neighborhoods that have high rates of poverty and crime, leaving many residents feeling disenfranchised from society with little access to social support programs.

Many ex-prisoners are limited to working inconsistent, low-wage jobs – such as in construction or manufacturing – that make it incredibly difficult to support themselves and their families. In addition, ex-prisoners are often mandated to pay further penalties including parole supervision fees, court costs, restitution, child support, drug-testing fees, counseling fees, and more.

To complicate matters further, finding employment opportunities can be especially challenging because many offenders have limited work histories. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than one third of all prisoners were unemployed at the time of arrest.

inpublicsafety.com/2018/05/why-ex-prisoners-struggle-to-successfully-reintegrate-into-society/

If anything, we would rather disintegrate society

hello

anti-slide

Lmao please. You're only bumping this nothing story bc you're trying to slide getting btfo in the Mueller/Barr report thread.

Because it's not justice served, public saved and prisoners rehabilitated, it's jews served, public robbed and prisoners further dehumanized.

Prison was a little convict paradise for me. Snitches and pederasts getting stabbed off the yard, drugs, books, music and sick ass prison ink. I told the judge in my last case fuck the consequence and he gave me the 4yr max after i took it to jury trial and lost haha. Once they send u to prison in cali you they cant scare you with prison anymore.

My best deal was 18mos and i still didnt take it lol fuck the police

Imagine pretending you enjoyed having 4 years of your life wasted locked in a closet with other dudes because you think it's cool to be too stupid to understand the legal process.

If you're poor you'll get fucked by the "justice system."

Don't commit crimes if you're poor then

Like people in the military do?

Also imagine pretending you are actually scared of the consequences to your court appointed attorney to get a better deal. I did that on my second term.

V

Who said you need to commit a crime? All you have to do is be an easy target or piss the right person off.

No, not like that at all actually.

Felons get the rope too, nigger.

You shouldn’t try to talk about the military like you know anything about it.

I work for an organization that helps felons reintegrate into society. They all seem like they really want to reintegrate into society.

I live by a military base they are all massive try hard faggots.

Jews make felons.

I walked into court one time and spotted 4 literal kikes staring at me.

Opinion piece, not news.

That’s cool. I served in the Army. But I bet you got the jist of how it works watching the convoys roll by from your sofa so I’ll spare you the lecture.