Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg WANTS Governments To Censor Internet, Wonder Why?

WHY FACEBOOK SUCKS: >>>/related/9
Alternatives To State-run Social Media: >>>/prepare/20

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has asked governments and regulators to play a more active role in establishing rules to control the internet.

He wants the screws tightened on digital companies such as his own, and for sanctions to be given if they refuse to abide by rules on privacy, political or harmful content.

“We [internet users] have too much power.” he said

RT reports: Facebook has been under immense pressure from US lawmakers to crack down on supposedly Russia-linked political ads and bots they accused of sowing discord in the run-up to the 2016 election, as well as combating hate speech and protecting the personal data of its millions of users from being harvested by third parties such as the infamous Cambridge Analytica research firm.

Zuckerberg, the founder and CEO of the scandal-ridden company, has embarked on a mission to repair its image, recently unveiling his “privacy-focused” vision. On Saturday, he took the damage control one step further, telling the government he’s been a bad boy and needs to be regulated.

Governments taking up a more active role in policing the internet is a good thing, Zuckerberg wrote in an op-ed published by the Washington Post. Government control would actually somehow create more freedom, he argues, by setting up an internet-sized safe space.

“I believe we need a more active role for governments and regulators. By updating the rules for the Internet, we can preserve what’s best about it — the freedom for people to express themselves and for entrepreneurs to build new things — while also protecting society from broader harms,” Zuckerberg wrote.

Facebook and Twitter were accused of bias and censorship after they purged hundreds of alternative media pages ahead of the November 2018 midterm election. Recently, Facebook imposed a ban on any praise of “white nationalism” and “white separatism,” prompting more free speech concerns.

newspunch.com/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-asks-governments-for-more-internet-regulation/
web.archive.org/web/20190401162102/https://newspunch.com/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-asks-governments-for-more-internet-regulation/

Attached: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg WANTS Governments To Censor Internet, Wonder Why.jpg (900x548, 63.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/B3ghT]
businessinsider.com/facebook-old-posts-mark-zuckerberg-disappeared-2019-3
cointelegraph.com/news/government-tracking-of-crypto-is-growing-but-there-are-ways-to-avoid-it
archive.fo/Qo3dk
archive.fo/TKOfU
archive.fo/bWnik
archive.fo/PeE6U
archive.fo/eNPh4
archive.fo/SYS7l
archive.fo/r1XEp
archive.fo/zXm1p
archive.fo/XyCyx
archive.fo/VcVom
archive.fo/KeTnI
archive.fo/GZG59
archive.fo/FGPvc
archive.fo/7JzpZ
archive.fo/KUAbq
archive.fo/JhgFg
archive.fo/qvubM
archive.fo/x7BYb
archive.fo/OLAlX
archive.fo/q2Sb7
archive.fo/8NeeG
archive.fo/rzSN7
archive.fo/9hL3y
archive.fo/mr01y
archive.fo/QQf5j
archive.fo/s7hnJ
archive.fo/MXyYd
archive.fo/C6bbi
archive.fo/gb41g
archive.fo/UnHB2
archive.fo/yJAgc
archive.fo/wfsUC
archive.fo/g6hyo
archive.fo/G9zlq
zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-03/real-reasons-why-facebooks-zuckerberg-wants-more-government-regulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably to prevent people like you from putting your foot in your mouth and having the NSA tip off the ATF, and prepare to seize your house and incarcerate you?

Would you fuck this one?

God damn, you know that I would!!

Attached: PicsArt_04-01-01.27.25.png (1080x1461, 1.69M)

Last night, I read about a sting operation in Atlanta, where the cops had used 'Zoosk' to lure in pedophiles and sex traffickers…

I had never heard of Zoosk before, so I went there, and when I saw this photo, it was obvious that there's NO WAY the woman in the photo is 40.

So it's obviously not real….

But she is definitely a piece of ass!!! Whoever she is, she's hot as fuck !!!

Attached: PicsArt_04-01-02.18.07.png (1080x1461, 1.69M)

You should also add that recently they "accidentaly" deleted Zuck's old posts, and "They can't recover it because it's too compllicated" while at the same time changing how they log the staff's posts.
[archive.fo/B3ghT] businessinsider.com/facebook-old-posts-mark-zuckerberg-disappeared-2019-3

Nobody cares

Number One: too bad

Number Two: who cares

Number Three: big deal

Number Four: Facebook can do whatever they want

Number Four: only douchebags use Facebook

Number Five: anybody who uses Facebook has already agreed to the terms and conditions, having electronically signed a EULA

Number Six: oh well, huh? who cares, right?

and most importantly:
NUMBER SEVEN: NOBODY HAS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO THE INTERNET, AND DUE TO ITS INTERNATIONAL PARAMETERS, NOBODY IS GUARANTEED ANY LEGAL RIGHT TO PRIVACY ONLINE WHATSOEVER

It's amazing how people get so butthurt, bitching about 'the lack of privacy on the internet', as if you ever had any right to privacy online to begin with. The last time I checked the United States Constitution, there was no mention of the internet.

if you don't like the parameters of the World Wide Web, stop using it, and build your own internet, laying your own cables under the ocean, and your own fiber optic system across every continent

Until the day you have successfully constructed your own internet, I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal with reality.

If I lived in a house between you and another neighbor, and you kept coming up to the fence, asking me to take trays of your 'broccoli & ground beef slap your mama dinner' through my yard and give it to the neighbor on the other side of my house, there's nothing you can do about it if I decide to smell the food, lick the food, eat some of the food, or spit into the food before I give it to The neighbor next door….

You don't have any constitutional right when it comes to me helping carry the food through my yard to the other neighbors house.

I'm free to do whatever the fuck I want with it

And if you don't like the parameters, you can put on your shoes and walk your goddamn food two houses over and do it for yourself….

Facebook isn't obligated to do jack schitt. It's a private company (that of course cooperates with the United States government) and as a private company, they can operate their business anyway they fucking want…

I don't know why you're always complaining about Facebook, because you don't even use Facebook.

But they don't owe you a fucking thing. If anybody is unhappy with Facebook, too bad… Fuck them.

If you're unhappy with your lack of privacy on the internet, then I would suggest you create a more secure communication channel to use.

If you think you were ever owed privacy online, then you're wrong. nobody ever promised that the internet was going to be private.

And if you think complaining is going to change the internet, and it will suddenly become 'secure', and your privacy will be guaranteed, you're fooling yourself.

You can complain all you want about the sky being blue, but nobody ever promised you a fluorescent polka dot green and orange sky.

It is what it is, and it looks like you're either going to have to just accept it, or shut the fuck up.

MZ is not in the game of communications. His business is advertising. Making sure that we not only see lots and lots of ads but also that we do the labor for him, liking and sharing and spreading an endless supply of bullshit and arguing over trivial bullshit so that we all keep scrolling and refreshing and generating new ad exposures.

He doesn’t care if we have free speech or freedom of expression or even freedom to look at what we want online. He just wants us to keep seeing new ads. He’d be perfectly happy if all we did was water each other’s cabbages in FarmVille.

You can count on him to support any legislation that keeps users in line so that his money-making platform stays safe. Too many mosque shootings and rigged elections and anti-vax crusades, and Facebook will begin to look to lawmakers like the source of the problem. It’s in his best interest to promote regulations now, before it gets too out of hand. He will say anything to protect his gigantic volcano of cash.

ABOUT PROTONMAIL :

EARLIER TODAY I FINISHED READING THE LATEST ANNOUNCEMENT FROM PROTONMAIL

I'm not sure why anybody would be stupid enough to think protonmail was secure, just because of their two ended encryption… Especially considering protonmail has an Android app, meaning Google has already intercepted every keystroke before it gets funneled through the encryption process and sent out.

But protonmail made a recent announcement, backpedaling a little bit from their previous claims of privacy and security… Now protonmail is admitting that their particular encryption process is not capable of defeating the national security agency's monitoring programs…

If you care to remember I have been telling you this fact the entire time.

I'm the one who has been telling you that William Binney says the NSA has already cracked every form of encryption, from the most basic to the most sophisticated.

William Binney also says that by putting back doors into even the most sophisticated encryption techniques, the NSA unwittingly created backdoors for malicious third parties and other nations.

So…. Protonmail has admitted their email service is no more secure or private than Gmail…

And any VPN service or proxy service has already been defeated by the NSA, along with Tor.

In other words, all of your efforts trying to implement proper operational security measures have had no effect….

At this point, you might as well just start using Facebook, because you're being monitored just as much as anybody else on the planet.

Are there people unironically plotting fucked up shit on free webmail? I have a PM account because I can get the name that I want on it, not because it's supposed to be secure.

You're exactly correct. He didn't start the company as a CIA operation, and he didn't even start the company as a source of ad revenue. He started it as a small project at his college, a 'fluke' that subsequently became latched onto by the CIA and the NSA.

He's not a secret agent, even though he's aware that his company has become one of the main funnel points for information collection, storage and management by the NSA.

What he IS is a businessman, who turned his college project into a multibillion-dollar corporation… It's not his place to worry about people being monitored by government agencies… They would do that with or without his permission… His focus is on shareholders, keeping a user base, and buying out other social media platforms like Instagram or Whatsapp…

I don't think being a businessman makes you evil

But it obviously doesn't make you cool, either…

He is a bland boring douchebag privileged snot-nosed ivy league Jew who happened to think of a fairly marketable concept (popular only because people are so stupid) and any information he takes from his users is already technically 'his property', because every user has to agree to those terms before using the stupid software.

This is a pointless argument.

he has the right to do whatever the fuck he wants to do with his company, and every user signed a EULA giving him full permission to do whatever he wants.

again: if any of you are particularly disturbed by the reality of the internet's parameters, there's a really easy solution: stop using the internet so that way you can stop looking like a fool thinking you're going to be able to complain and make things change.

In the article I read featuring the most recent announcement by protonmail, they explained that they built their business on promises of privacy and security, with a sophisticated encryption technique that would defeat the NSA monitoring program, along with other security features.

I believe this was the main selling point when people started signing up for it.

Now they admit that they were mistaken in their claims that the NSA was unable to monitor protonmail because of some alleged sophisticated encryption algorithm. Now they admit that the NSA is fully capable of filtering every protonmail end decrypting it before it even reaches its end source.

They also admitted that the other security features they used to brag about are not effective, and may have never actually been effective in the first place.

And I guess maybe I'm the only person on Earth who noticed that protonmail was developed by CERN, the multinational top secret agency who is working with the super collider in France, doing top-secret experimentation that could very well lead to creating a massive wormhole right here on planet Earth and possibly even destroying all life on our planet, and sucking us into a black hole…
CERN is funded by many different nations and many different top secret intelligence agencies, the national security agency being one of them.

The definition of crazy is…

What did you expect? This is totalitarianism. It's totalizing by its nature.

That's a wonderful imagination you've got.

How much does Zuckerburg pay you lads? Is it per post or are you hourly?

Nice conspiratorial thinking. You didn't have an argument to make, so you used your imagination to double down. Way to go, champ!

He is doing this to put smaller competitors out of business when they can't keep up with all the regulations.

Absolutely his intended point, and the reason we should NOT want more government regulations against the free web.

If they do get their way, I'm going full blown p2p, decentralized networking can protect our open web in the future.

S-shutup goyim!
oy vey shut it down!

Also he freaks me out. He looks like an alien in a bad human costume.

P2p
I tried Tribler, but it is slow if you pirated large files like movies.

But for security and clandestine smaller file sharing, it's good.
Which is why it will be banned.

As for web surfing and the clear web and buying consumer items, that will always be watched as consumerism is a thing.

As for the dark web and the silk road..who runs the site?

Whom are you buying from on the site

Cryptocurrency is somewhat untrackable (for now)
cointelegraph.com/news/government-tracking-of-crypto-is-growing-but-there-are-ways-to-avoid-it

But the weakest link is the last

You gonna risk picking up that kilo of fentanyl precursor that you bought from China at your
rented mailbox?

Safer to buy it smuggled in.

Safer to buy most drugs locally

Who gon’ watch the watchers? NPR say lil Zucc own most social media now.

Because he's a kike and free speech on the internet means they can be exposed for the parasites they are.

P2P networks like Tribbler and other torrent networks are pretty impossible to ban outright, because all it takes is people to have the software already installed and you can share anything node-to-node, completely isolated from centralized servers or the world wide web. p2p was intended to be censorship resistant giving users all the control over what content they share with one another.

RELATED:
archive.fo/Qo3dk (Zuckerberg: "They Trust Me. Dumb Fucks")
archive.fo/TKOfU (Don't Like Government Spying? You Won't Like Facebook Either)
archive.fo/bWnik (Facebook Using Cameras and Microphones For Spying On Users)
archive.fo/PeE6U (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 1)
archive.fo/eNPh4 (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 2)
archive.fo/SYS7l (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 3)
archive.fo/r1XEp (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 4)
archive.fo/zXm1p (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 5)
archive.fo/XyCyx (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 6)
archive.fo/VcVom (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 7)
archive.fo/KeTnI (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 8)
archive.fo/GZG59 (Censorship Is Rampant On Facebook 9)
archive.fo/FGPvc (FCC Admits Facebook Censorship)
archive.fo/7JzpZ (Facebook Embeds Spyware Scripts All Over The Internet)
archive.fo/KUAbq (Facebook Buying Info On Alternative Social Media Users)
archive.fo/JhgFg (Facebook Caught Selling All User Data To Third Parties)
archive.fo/qvubM (Quitting Facebook Reduces Cancer Risk, Study Finds)
archive.fo/x7BYb (Facebook Stealing Online Medical Information On Their Users)
archive.fo/OLAlX (Facebook Providing Dictatorships With Info To Arrest Users)
archive.fo/q2Sb7 (Facebook Wants AI Spyware To Scan You Mind, Predict Your Behavior)
archive.fo/8NeeG (Facebook Working With DARPA To Micromanage Their Slave Base)
archive.fo/rzSN7 (Facebook Gave Device Makers Deep Access to Data on Users and Friends)
archive.fo/9hL3y (Facebook Gave User Data Access To Chinese Firm Flagged By US Intelligence)
archive.fo/mr01y (Facebook Asking Major US Banks To Share User Data)
archive.fo/QQf5j (Facebook 'Reputation Score' Exposed, Echoes China's 'Social Credit' System)
archive.fo/s7hnJ (Facebook Expects Goyim To Buy New Expensive Cameras To Spy In Your Home)
archive.fo/MXyYd (Thanks To FACEBOOK, Hackers Stole Personal Info Of 14 Million People)
archive.fo/C6bbi (Samsung Spyphones Won't Allow Users To Delete Facebook Apps)
archive.fo/GZG59 (Leaked Documents Reveal Facebook's Biased, Convoluted Censorship Policies)
archive.fo/gb41g (Facebook Now Banning Industrial Hemp Pages After Trump Legalized It Nationwide)
archive.fo/UnHB2 (Facebook Now Censoring Talk About Politics And Religion At Work)
archive.fo/yJAgc (Facebook Hires Soros Organization to Curate Your News Feed)
archive.fo/wfsUC (Facebook Has Backdoors In ALL Smartphone Apps, And They Are Stealing ALL User Info)
archive.fo/g6hyo (Facebook Whistleblower Exposes Malicious Algorithm Shadow Banning Conservative Content)
archive.fo/G9zlq (New Leaks Prove Zuckerberg LIED to Congress, So Why Isn't He Being Raided Like Stone?)

zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-03/real-reasons-why-facebooks-zuckerberg-wants-more-government-regulation

As expected, the only reason Facebook would benefit from this is because govt would be used as a weapon to shut down competition and monopolize Facebook as a default (highly regulated) network.

p2p will be the future.

such actual real legit